Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    There is no way Hamilton is better than MS or Senna however I do agree with Murray when he says Hamilton has ‘clean as a whistle’ style. I rarely have seen him move under braking, or forcing a driver off, something Rosberg was expert at.

Schumacher was naughty and so was Senna.

Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Webber, Ricciardo, all have clean racing style
    Hamilton has gotten more mature. He didn't have any issues playing bumper cars with Massa in 2008. But as with most drivers, they seem to get a little smarter and less reckless as they get older. The fact he knows he has a dominant car has sure helped the last few years... there really hasn't been any need for him to make banzai moves.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    ......that's cause he's got NO competition.....back in the day you had to be roothless when 3-4 teams were competitive, and NOT just your teammate.....

the whole article just make me laugh.....
    Max is as ruthless as they come! Bottas is not rubenized. Charles is right there as long as his car is. Yes it's car & driver that make WDC happen. It always was. F-1 races are still great! A 3 wheel victory had to be one of the best race endings to watch@!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Hamilton has gotten more mature. He didn't have any issues playing bumper cars with Massa in 2008. But as with most drivers, they seem to get a little smarter and less reckless as they get older. The fact he knows he has a dominant car has sure helped the last few years... there really hasn't been any need for him to make banzai moves.
    Yes that's a good point

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max is as ruthless as they come! Bottas is not rubenized. Charles is right there as long as his car is. Yes it's car & driver that make WDC happen. It always was. F-1 races are still great! A 3 wheel victory had to be one of the best race endings to watch@!
    Of course Bottas is rubenized, you just don't want to see it; when Toto tells him to play the "team" game; when Team == Lewis, what exactly do you call that?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Bottas, Lewis and Toto constantly say they can race against each other to win. Lewis' contract has no #1 clause. Bottas got one already. When I see a Austria 2002 "Let Lewis pass! " happen , only then will I see and believe there's proof their doing Rubenization. If Bottas was 50 sec. in 2nd. place behind Lewis with no tire problems last race and Lewis let him pass, that to me is a good reason to call team orders. During the season if it's a 1,2 finish by Mrec or any team, the point count is the same for the team WCC wise . How can any F-1 fan truly believe that the team Merc should not recognize Lewis as a special guy behind the wheel based on his results with his car . Ferrari took on a 4x WDC with hopes of the results of WCCs . It didn't happen.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/941129...-murray-walker

Hamilton better than Schumacher or Senna, says F1 legend Murray Walker

"If you look at it in terms of statistics, he's already got more poles than Michael Schumacher. He's got at least three years in him if he doesn't hurt himself or leave Mercedes for some reason or they decide to stop.

"In which case, he's got at least another three championships ahead of him, so statistically he will become the greatest.

"But he's also in my opinion - and this is very contentious indeed - better than either Schumacher or Senna because both of them, Schumacher and Senna, adopted at various times in their career, highly debatable driving tactics.

Bottas, Lewis and Toto constantly say they can race against each other to win. Lewis' contract has no #1 clause. Bottas got one already. When I see a Austria 2002 "Let Lewis pass! " happen , only then will I see and believe there's proof their doing Rubenization. If Bottas was 50 sec. in 2nd. place behind Lewis with no tire problems last race and Lewis let him pass, that to me is a good reason to call team orders. During the season if it's a 1,2 finish by Mrec or any team, the point count is the same for the team WCC wise . How can any F-1 fan truly believe that the team Merc should not recognize Lewis as a special guy behind the wheel based on his results with his car . Ferrari took on a 4x WDC with hopes of the results of WCCs . It didn't happen.
    But he has been asked several times to slow down so Hamilton can pass him or comes out ahead of him. Seems almost Rubenesque.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    But he has been asked several times to slow down so Hamilton can pass him or comes out ahead of him. Seems almost Rubenesque.
    Did he let him pass? I really don't remember him having to move over from 1st place at least. But maybe I just don't want to see it happening. I'm going to check out Canadian Vino! Do you know a good name? Not Down force I hope!!

Did he let him pass? I really don't remember him having to move over from 1st place at least. But maybe I just don't want to see it happening. I'm going to check out Canadian Vino! Do you know a good name? Not Down force I hope!!
    Russia, can’t remember if it was 17 or 18....but the butler was asked to let Lewis through....and they told him they’ll discuss it after the race....like they need3d to do that, Merc was way stronger than ferrari....plus Seb was not really a force to be reckoned with as he was busy practicing his ballerina skills through new and improved pirouettes
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Russia, can’t remember if it was 17 or 18....but the butler was asked to let Lewis through....and they told him they’ll discuss it after the race....like they need3d to do that, Merc was way stronger than ferrari....plus Seb was not really a force to be reckoned with as he was busy practicing his ballerina skills through new and improved pirouettes
    Wow! I'm glad I don't remember. Oh well another 1,2 driver combo. But honestly I think Lewis can do it on his own . And Bottas must really be a Lewis fan deep down, he constantly says he's not a #2 to Lewis and it's OK with Toto for him to fight Lewis?

Not sure of the name but I think it comes in a really nice box. . I don't mind team orders. Every team uses them and they are part of the game. Usually the faster driver gets the benefits and unfortunately for Bottas he hasn't been quick enough to merit No 1 status.

Wow! I'm glad I don't remember. Oh well another 1,2 driver combo. But honestly I think Lewis can do it on his own . And Bottas must really be a Lewis fan deep down, he constantly says he's not a #2 to Lewis and it's OK with Toto for him to fight Lewis?
    Well at last years Singapore GP, Bottas was told to slow down his speed, which allowed Lewis get ahead of him after his pit-stop. But tbh, I've no problem with #1-2 policy. Only one driver can win the WDC, and it's a no brainer to treat a 6xWDC and a 0xWDC equally.

Let’s face it, Toto and Co. can talk all they want....we all know the butler is not allowed to fight Lewis...and frankly I don’t think he’s got what it takes to win a championship....he reminds me I’d Coulthard....up and down like a yo-yo...one week he’d be a genius, the next he’d be nowhere

His role at Merc is to be the rear gunner of 2 chains, just in case there is some real competition from red fools or ferrari which in this years case there is none and prolly the same for next...

So 2 chains doesn’t really need the help from butler, all he needs to do is bring home the car in second place....

That’s his nickname, second p,ace butler

Let’s face it, Toto and Co. can talk all they want....we all know the butler is not allowed to fight Lewis...and frankly I don’t think he’s got what it takes to win a championship....he reminds me I’d Coulthard....up and down like a yo-yo...one week he’d be a genius, the next he’d be nowhere

His role at Merc is to be the rear gunner of 2 chains, just in case there is some real competition from red fools or ferrari which in this years case there is none and prolly the same for next...

So 2 chains doesn’t really need the help from butler, all he needs to do is bring home the car in second place....

That’s his nickname, second p,ace butler
    Ok , so be it . He's a #2 driver. I do agree that Lewis without him will stlll be where he is wins etc. But... if Bottas wins another one soon I will argue with you guys again !

RACING POINT: Public Health England have confirmed that Sergio Perez’s period of quarantine has been completed.

In line with the FIA Code Of Conduct, Sergio requires a verified negative test result for COVID-19 before he can enter the paddock.

RACING POINT: The testing process is taking place today.

The team expects to make a decision on who is driving alongside Lance later today or first thing tomorrow morning.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

So this 70th Anniversary Grand Prix....

They put tire barriers where Kvyat crashed--? Tun 11

They've extended runoff at Turn 14 due to some drivers kicking up dust.

Mercedes cars will have a horseshoe decal on the upper part of the nose commemorating Stirling Moss's horseshoe decal back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

"If you look at it in terms of statistics, he's already got more poles than Michael Schumacher. He's got at least three years in him if he doesn't hurt himself or leave Mercedes for some reason or they decide to stop.

"In which case, he's got at least another three championships ahead of him, so statistically he will become the greatest.

"But he's also in my opinion - and this is very contentious indeed - better than either Schumacher or Senna because both of them, Schumacher and Senna, adopted at various times in their career, highly debatable driving tactics.

That is a BIG load of BS. Put Senna or Schumacher in hybrid era Mercedes and see how many championship can these guys stack. The reason these guys raced hard and is because they had to fight hard for their championship unlike chainboy Hamilton.
    Give Schumacher the DRS when he was in his prime he probably would of stacked up 10 championship.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

Comparing drivers and their cars is like comparing watches. You have a Rolex Daytona, a Casio calculator watch, and an Apple iphone11 or Galaxy Note 10. All tell time but the phones do ALOT more than the Rolex and Casio watch.

It's ridiculous comparing different era's.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Comparing drivers and their cars is like comparing watches. You have a Rolex Daytona, a Casio calculator watch, and an Apple iphone11 or Galaxy Note 10. All tell time but the phones do ALOT more than the Rolex and Casio watch.

It's ridiculous comparing different era's.
    An excellent analogy and the way I look at it too.

I doubt Lewis would put the time and dedication into making things work like Michael did, Michael had to work for his titles. Lewis turns up and drives, there is no contest he is living in a very easy F1 world. Michael would not lose to drivers like Nico and Button....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    There is no way Hamilton is better than MS or Senna however I do agree with Murray when he says Hamilton has ‘clean as a whistle’ style. I rarely have seen him move under braking, or forcing a driver off, something Rosberg was expert at.

Schumacher was naughty and so was Senna.

Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Webber, Ricciardo, all have clean racing style
    Clean as a whistle? This is the guy who shoved his teammate (Rosberg) off the track several time, also the guy who was disqualified from the 2009 Australian Grand Prix for lyind to the stewards. That's not something Michael or Ayrton did.

I have total respect for Murray and love him to bit but he is biased when it comes to british drivers.

James Key linked with a Ferrari move

http://scuderiafans.com/james-key-li...-ferrari-move/

Quote Originally Posted by phsyklone View Post
    James Key linked with a Ferrari move

http://scuderiafans.com/james-key-li...-ferrari-move/
    With the arrival of James Key at McLaren, team fortune has been changed. So I don’t see McLaren loosing him with Merc engine coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Clean as a whistle? This is the guy who shoved his teammate (Rosberg) off the track several time, also the guy who was disqualified from the 2009 Australian Grand Prix for lyind to the stewards. That's not something Michael or Ayrton did.

I have total respect for Murray and love him to bit but he is biased when it comes to british drivers.
    Not something Michael did! 2010 Hungary Gp @180 mph. Schumy pushed Rubens far enough into a concrete wall to kill him. He missed hitting the wall by centimeters ! The wall ended and Rubens lived ! It was over 10th place. Schumy finished 11th. Rubens escaped death, alive and well till this day. He still says he can't shake it away in his mind. 1994 British GP; Schumy ignored the black flag getting a 2 race ban. Lewis has a long way to go to match Michael's illegal moves. Lewis should be content just doing 100 poles . 100 wins, 10 WDCs. Forget trying to match Michael with all the other famous moves on the track . When it comes to former Ferrari drivers it's certainly understandable for fans here to be a bit biased.

The Renault protest has been upheld. Perez and Stroll's car has been fined 200,000 euros each and 7.5 championship points removed from the constructors per car (15 points).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eeznb7UX...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EezneWrW...jpg&name=large

The Renault protest has been upheld. Perez and Stroll's car has been fined 200,000 euros each and 7.5 championship points removed from the constructors per car (15 points).

So after the 15pt Constructors deduction:

4. Ferrari 43pts
    5. Renault 32pts
    6. Racing Point 27pts

So nothing for Mercedes? Renault’s protest was based on Mercedes giving Racing Point their drawings, specifically for the brake ducts. If the FIA agreed with Renault, that means they found the brakes to be the same - that would prove guilt on Mercedes part too. Yet no penalty or verdict on Mercedes.

Tell me again that Merc and the FIA aren’t in bed together, or better yet keep calling me a conspiracy theorist.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    So nothing for Mercedes? Renault’s protest was based on Mercedes giving Racing Point their drawings, specifically for the brake ducts. If the FIA agreed with Renault, that means they found the brakes to be the same - that would prove guilt on Mercedes part too. Yet no penalty or verdict on Mercedes.

Tell me again that Merc and the FIA aren’t in bed together, or better yet keep calling me a conspiracy theorist.
    The rear brake ducts (RBD) were illegal on the Racing Point. The front brake ducts are okay on Racning Point.

Mercedes did it in a certain time limit therefore no penatly to Mercedes.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...paign=widget-1

It revealed that Racing Point had taken delivery of a complete set of Mercedes 2019 brake ducts on January 6.

If the car is illegal, it was illegal at a races. They should have lost all constructor points. Mercedes also needs to be fined as well. They went against the rules and sent them parts from the W09. maFIA.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...paign=widget-1

It revealed that Racing Point had taken delivery of a complete set of Mercedes 2019 brake ducts on January 6.

If the car is illegal, it was illegal at a races. They should have lost all constructor points. Mercedes also needs to be fined as well. They went against the rules and sent them parts from the W09. maFIA.
    - RP got Merc design and copied front brake ducts for 2019 car, when it was allowed, but rear brake ducts were only copied for 2020, so against sporting regs
    - Sporting regs don't get car DSQd, only technical regs breach
    - Penalty only applied to design process