Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303142 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

IndyCar

Ferrari’s IndyCar interest “really encouraging” – Penske

Team Penske president Tim Cindric says that Ferrari’s interest in an IndyCar programme is “really encouraging” for the series, after the Formula 1 manufacturer acknowledged a potential entry as an option.

Due to the budget cap restrictions in F1, its three biggest teams – Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari – have discussed the need to redeploy staff, or risk redundancies.

Speaking before the budget cap was set at an initial £145 million – with incremental reductions to follow in the subsequent years – Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto said that the Maranello team was willing to evaluate an IndyCar or World Endurance Championship programme if the cost cap was set too low.

Penske has won four of the last six IndyCar titles, and has a long presence in the series, with team owner Roger Penske entering America’s top level single-seater tier in 1968. Penske completed the purchase of the IndyCar championship along with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway earlier this year.

IndyCar is set to introduce a 900bhp hybrid engine in 2022 and a new chassis in the same year, but could debut parts of the new chassis in different years to complete a new car by 2027. IndyCar has stated the upcoming engine rules cycle will run from 2022-2027.

When asked by The Race about a phased chassis introduction, Cindric said: “Honestly, we’ve been so tied up in what’s been going on the last three months or so that I couldn’t give you too many details of even what’s been discussed.

“Our focus has been on today and how to get through today to get to tomorrow.

“This process that we’ve been through, it’s turned into three days a week, right. There’s today, tomorrow and yesterday. You forget what day of the week it is.

“Been really struggling with trying to keep up with what’s happening on that [future car rules] front, and I think there’s been lots of discussion, and I think it’s really encouraging to hear that a manufacturer like Ferrari might be interested in the series itself.

“It tells you how far the series has come in a very short period of time here, and I think if we can get back on track, a lot of those things are going to be pretty exciting.

“But from today, I can’t honestly tell you that we have a very good perspective of even what’s been discussed just because we’re so focused on just getting through the next day.”

Ferrari did build an IndyCar in the 1980s, the 637, but the car was never raced by the team as many believed it to be a political play to persuade the FIA to change its F1 engine regulations.

https://the-race.com/indycar/ferrari...RyKwrw.twitter
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Mercedes says no to “reverse race grids”. Thankfully someone has some common sense. However, if Ferrari were the ones to veto/block the decision all the haters would be loosing their minds “Ferrari International Assistance” etc lol.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...-reverse-grids
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Mercedes says no to “reverse race grids”. Thankfully someone has some common sense. However, if Ferrari were the ones to veto/block the decision all the haters would be loosing their minds “Ferrari International Assistance” etc lol.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...-reverse-grids
    Why would Toto agree to it? When they have little to gain and so much to lose

My feeling is that seb will have a solid season the reason being he is driving for his f1 future especially for a seat at mercedes.The wolf and Damlier will make there decision based on the results seb achieves it's all to play for so I expect big things coming from vettal. Finishing behind the butler will do him no good what so ever and will kill of his chance at mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    My feeling is that seb will have a solid season the reason being he is driving for his f1 future especially for a seat at mercedes.The wolf and Damlier will make there decision based on the results seb achieves it's all to play for so I expect big things coming from vettal. Finishing behind the butler will do him no good what so ever and will kill of his chance at mercedes.
    I hope to see him finish in 3rd place behind the winner Charles and second place Lewis and in front of the Butler...then he can go to Merc all he wants....we don’t need him in RED anymore, his services for us are done....well after this season

Those results will do the trick.lol.

Seb is a 4xWDC , not a driver hoping for a seat alone. Merc will have a hard time drawing up a contract without securing the #1 spot for Seb if that's where he tries to go. In equal cars Seb against Bottas in a all out race would be great to see. My$$ would be on Bottas. Imagine if there's a reverse grid qualifying sprint! Max trying to come up from the back with all he can!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 7th June 2020 at 06:29.

I also think (and hope) he will have a good season. Imo some of his previous errors have been a result trying too hard under pressure. Maybe he will be a tad more relaxed now.

Seb can for sure make a great comeback He's leaving Ferrari so as not to be Ferrari's "Butler" What makes any fan think he will not be the Merc " New Butler" if he winds up there? Unless he gets Lewis' car ! Let there be races !!!

No mercedes for seb according to the butler botas.Aston Martin now looking a possabity not much else left other than a year off and see what happens or retire and go and enjoy your family and all the spoils f1 has rewarded you with over the years.

Ferrari 2020 !! We need to ignore Binotto. I just hope Seb still wants to win. Charles alone just wont do the points. But for sure he will be driving for the wins!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I hope to see him finish in 3rd place behind the winner Charles and second place Lewis and in front of the Butler...then he can go to Merc all he wants....we don’t need him in RED anymore, his services for us are done....well after this season
    Is Lewis driving for Ferrari this season? Unless of course you prefer a Mercedes driver finishing ahead of a Ferrari driver.

The only valid reason I see for wanting Seb to do well this season is because he is a Ferrari driver. But then there really is every chance that we have seen all that he can offer and it has come up short... and might just not be enough yet again.

Is Seb still driving for Ferrari ? Yes.
    As long as he is, we support him and want maximum points from him.

Really, it should be that simple people.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Is Seb still driving for Ferrari ? Yes.
    As long as he is, we support him and want maximum points from him.

Really, it should be that simple people.
    Couldn't agree more, we may have our favourite drivers but we want a Ferrari WDC/WCC, that's what it's all about for a Tifoso.

I have to believe Seb wants to leave as a WDC again and with Ferrari ! Let the drivers race and let the points build up! There's hope even if Binotto already gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I have to believe Seb wants to leave as a WDC again and with Ferrari ! Let the drivers race and let the points build up! There's hope even if Binotto already gave up.
    I believe that part of the reason he is leaving is because of how we performed in preseason testing. Meaning our car is not a contender - or at least it wasn’t then. Let’s hope the developments they made have been significant. Otherwise Ham is running away to an easy 7th with no challenge.

Also, not that I ever give any merit to Marko, but he seems to think the same thing. Seb will be trouble for us this season. Unmotivated, with a chip on his shoulder.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut...ettel-ferrari/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

If there's a season "this season", I hope and believe both Charles and Seb will race to win , no listening to Binotto & co. If the cars don't DNF on them ; there will be some great driving between them. Both drivers got what it takes to be winners . 6 top team drivers not held back will have use F-1 fans really happy and we can forget the virus at least for a while. Lewis needs to be challenged every race.

A question- is it going to be 8 races season or number of races can be increased?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    A question- is it going to be 8 races season or number of races can be increased?
    Last I read it was up to 10 races. Lets hope for a few more !

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Last I read it was up to 10 races. Lets hope for a few more !

So far it's the confirmed races.....I believe it's 8. Liberty is trying to add more on the calender.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So far it's the confirmed races.....I believe it's 8. Liberty is trying to add more on the calender.
    If it's less than 10 and Lewis WDCs it will be strongly challenged by many fans . I for one believe who ever WDCs even with only 8 races is a WDC winner seeing how that driver beat everyone else. Less races should be considered just as hard to do it. The driver can't afford to lose a race !!!

Thanks for the reply guys. I feel shorter the season, it’s more of a lucky draw. Of course you need a car to win, but one DNF, mechanical failure or mistake here and there will impact heavily. Also looking at type of tracks for first 8 events, it brings Ferrari and RedBull in the game. Charles, Max, Seb all will have a decent shot, of course Lewis starts as favorite

Question is, do teams still get to use 3 engines for the season? Even though the season may have 10 races max??
    If so that means every team will use more power for longer at every race given the fact that an engine will now have to do WAY less races...that’s a good thing for everyone, drivers can push more (of course fuel permitted) and good for us fans also having to watch drivers not save the engine as much as they did in previous years

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Question is, do teams still get to use 3 engines for the season? Even though the season may have 10 races max??
    If so that means every team will use more power for longer at every race given the fact that an engine will now have to do WAY less races...that’s a good thing for everyone, drivers can push more (of course fuel permitted) and good for us fans also having to watch drivers not save the engine as much as they did in previous years
    I hadn’t thought of that. That would be great for us fans if the engine allotment is the same as a regalar calendar season.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Singapore, Baku and Suzuka races canceled as F1 narrows down options for 2020 calendar

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...-2020-calendar

F1 considering new venues and alternative layouts on full 2020 calendar

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    F1 considering new venues and alternative layouts on full 2020 calendar

Imola is ready. They're F1 and FIA certified currently.

Bottas is confident he can and will challenge Lewis for the WDC this year. He truly believes he's on equal grounds @ Merc.

Bottas will always be the butler end of story.Mercedes and Lewis primary mission is title 7 no ifs and no butts.

Bottas will always be the butler end of story.Mercedes and Lewis primary mission is title 7 no ifs and no butts.
    Your probably right, be ready for a couple of Austria 2002 replays!!! The wins will count no matter how bad they are.