Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 833444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1892

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

  1. #1711
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,346
    Great news about Mick, Michael will be so proud. Hope he does well.
    Forza Ferrari

  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,834
    Sakhir 2020 (2nd race)

    Alonso will drive the Renault R25(2005) this weekend as an exhibition. Get ready for some 3ltr V10 noise!!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #1713
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bom-bay-ed
    Posts
    124
    https://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/ro...ome-topstories

    Describes his near experience with death... Quite Literally!!

  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Toto will not allow that, mark my words, George will be told to stay behind Bottas at all times, so not to embarrass him.
    But there are those here that say that Mercedes (aka Toto) allow racing between drivers,surely he will let the drivers run freely no?:D

    I would love to see Russel race freely,albeit I would not expect him to be able to adapt so easily as he would not have that much time to do so, it'd be very interesting to see how closely he'd be to bottas.
    Now, it 'd be really interesting if God forbid he beats Bottas..
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  5. #1715
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,270
    Whatever points Russel may win this race should go to Lewis' points total. It's the car that got Lewis all his points not the driving. So it's his car racing next race. The same difference. If Max or Bottas win this race is it because Lewis wasn't driving the rocket ship? Let them fight it out and Charles slip around them into the win !!
    Last edited by Brembo; 3rd December 2020 at 09:48.

  6. #1716
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    But there are those here that say that Mercedes (aka Toto) allow racing between drivers,surely he will let the drivers run freely no?:D

    I would love to see Russel race freely,albeit I would not expect him to be able to adapt so easily as he would not have that much time to do so, it'd be very interesting to see how closely he'd be to bottas.
    Now, it 'd be really interesting if God forbid he beats Bottas..

    He'll be allowed to race freely.... in mode 3.

  7. #1717
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Whatever points Russel may win this race should go to Lewis' points total. It's the car that got Lewis all his points not the driving. So it's his car racing next race. The same difference. If Max or Bottas win this race is it because Lewis wasn't driving the rocket ship? Let them fight it out and Charles slip around them into the win !!

    Sure. That would be great. Hamilton can win the WDC next year by staying at home and watching everyone else drive his car. Almost as easy as he had it this year.

  8. #1718
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Sure. That would be great. Hamilton can win the WDC next year by staying at home and watching everyone else drive his car. Almost as easy as he had it this year.
    He can't just stay home.he has $50, million$$$$ + reasons to show up !

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Good if true, he’s young, hungry and has never been out-qualified. He can put that car on pole and show the goat-lovers that it’s the car, and not their prince. Unless (tin foil hat) Merc detune his car lol.
    Is Russell so bad that if he wins it's nothing but the car?
    Also if he doesn't win will that mean to you that it's not the car after all, or will you make up more excuses for your hatred of LH?
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  10. #1720
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Is Russell so bad that if he wins it's nothing but the car?
    Also if he doesn't win will that mean to you that it's not the car after all, or will you make up more excuses for your hatred of LH?
    Who said Russell is bad, he has talent. Like I said, he has never been out qualified. However, if he wins, it will show that if someone who has never driven that car can jump in straight away and be quick - then yes, its the car and not the almighty Hamilton.

    And if he doesn't win, it wont change my opinion that Hamilton's titles are all down to having ZERO competition over the last 6 seasons. I am not denying that he is talented, because he is. However, anyone who cant see that he has had it easy is blind, or a Hamilton fanboy. I take it that your the latter. The theatrics of bad/gone tyres is getting old, especially when they were bespoke to Mercedes specifications.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  11. #1721
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    328
    I sure hope he wins and destroys Bottas just so that we could at least have Russell vs Hamilton if Mercedes dominance is still to be continued.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Who said Russell is bad, he has talent. Like I said, he has never been out qualified. However, if he wins, it will show that if someone who has never driven that car can jump in straight away and be quick - then yes, its the car and not the almighty Hamilton.

    And if he doesn't win, it wont change my opinion that Hamilton's titles are all down to having ZERO competition over the last 6 seasons. I am not denying that he is talented, because he is. However, anyone who cant see that he has had it easy is blind, or a Hamilton fanboy. I take it that your the latter. The theatrics of bad/gone tyres is getting old, especially when they were bespoke to Mercedes specifications.

    I'm not a LH fan boy but you are clearly a LH hater. It must kill you inside. Shame. Your logic is hopelessly flawed, but I won't bother with you. I'm rooting for GR to win, but I'm not looking forward to all the tripe comments that will follow from the likes of you. Of course, if a Ferrari driver wins that would be even better, but unfortunately that's unlikely.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  13. #1723
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I sure hope he wins and destroys Bottas just so that we could at least have Russell vs Hamilton if Mercedes dominance is still to be continued.
    Same here. Lol Bottas would be livid!
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I'm not a LH fan boy
    Fooled me and almost everyone in this forum!
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  15. #1725
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Fooled me and almost everyone in this forum!
    LOL right! HAHA
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  16. #1726
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,387
    Resta, who came back from Alfa 5 months ago, is going to Haas. Enrico Cardile (another unknown internal guy) is taking over his spot.

    Binotto:

    we are pleased to announce that the highly rated Simone Resta will move to strengthen the American team’s technical department as from the start of next year.
    Yeah Binotto, send your highly rated engineer to another team, such a great decision. And replace him with someone unknown.

  17. #1727
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Resta, who came back from Alfa 5 months ago, is going to Haas. Enrico Cardile (another unknown internal guy) is taking over his spot.

    Binotto:



    Yeah Binotto, send your highly rated engineer to another team, such a great decision. And replace him with someone unknown.
    Sounds like budget cap trickery, in effect the R&D will be split between the three teams with Ferrari in effect paying for everything to get the goodies.

  18. #1728
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Sounds like budget cap trickery, in effect the R&D will be split between the three teams with Ferrari in effect paying for everything to get the goodies.
    Exactly.
    Welcome to the budget cap era.
    This is why it's useful to have as many customer teams as possible and "beta" teams in order to get data and special deals of sort that we can then use in order to do exactly that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  19. #1729
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Sounds like budget cap trickery, in effect the R&D will be split between the three teams with Ferrari in effect paying for everything to get the goodies.
    Absolutely. Binotto himself said they would have to get creative to work within the new wind tunnel rules. Sounds like a masterstroke. Both teams benefit.

  20. #1730
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Absolutely. Binotto himself said they would have to get creative to work within the new wind tunnel rules. Sounds like a masterstroke. Both teams benefit.
    A master stoke at no additional cost would be getting creative with the pit crew to doa R Bull and get Charles & even Seb out a second sooner. All the tech. talk got us so far where we are . No where ! When Charles does a 4th. it could have been a podium if the pit got him out sooner. No down force required !

  21. #1731
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    2,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Great news about Mick, Michael will be so proud. Hope he does well.
    Now also an F2 champion.

    Hope he carries the momentum and confidence into next year.

    Congratulations to the Schumachers.

    Well done as well to Callum and Robert. FDA is in good hands.

  22. #1732
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    727
    I'm so happy for Mick.

    What a journey after watching his dad nearly die and end in a vegetative state first-hand seven years ago. To come back from that alone is tremendous in its own right.

  23. #1733
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,834
    Congrats to Mick in F2. He's the 2020 F2 Champion. Job well done.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  24. #1734
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    727
    Hopefully Shwartzman's 2021 is going to be his year so we can finally have two youngsters in one team apiece.

  25. #1735
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,517
    Romain Grosjean called it the end of his racing career. All the best for his features endeavours.

  26. #1736
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,517
    Romain Grosjean called it the end of his racing career. All the best for his features endeavours.

  27. #1737
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A master stoke at no additional cost would be getting creative with the pit crew to doa R Bull and get Charles & even Seb out a second sooner. All the tech. talk got us so far where we are . No where ! When Charles does a 4th. it could have been a podium if the pit got him out sooner. No down force required !
    I wrote that before the race!

  28. #1738
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Sounds like budget cap trickery, in effect the R&D will be split between the three teams with Ferrari in effect paying for everything to get the goodies.
    Sounds like something the FIA will try to shut down ASAP.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  29. #1739
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A master stoke at no additional cost would be getting creative with the pit crew to doa R Bull and get Charles & even Seb out a second sooner. All the tech. talk got us so far where we are . No where ! When Charles does a 4th. it could have been a podium if the pit got him out sooner. No down force required !
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I wrote that before the race!
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  30. #1740
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,270
    @ Merc, "The Car" came in 9th! Behind the butler? No Lewis; no podium ; no win? Merc gave all F-1 fans a break. Great seeing Perez win one!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •