Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    That was weird, is there any explanation from Lewis what he did mean by that gesture?
    Mexico 1968 Olympics. 2 blacks raised their fists...John Carlos(bronze) and Tommie Smith(gold) on the 200m race.

Since, black people who raise their fists symbolize what these 2 black men did.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

[QUOTE=paolo lalli;1028325]Lewis Hamilton is drawing to much attention to himself.He is drawing a long bow with his racist card and black lives matter rhetoric.All lives matter black or white.We are all in this together and together we can make a difference.lewis is not in a position to suggest to any body or any organisation what they should and should not be doing so Lewis stop using the f1 stage for your own self gratification because it makes you feel better.Brother Lewis you are not a Luther king.[/QUOTE

Very well said, there are already enough politics and regulatory issues in F1 without this, and there are a huge number of successful sports people from ethnic backgrounds, so get off your high horse, Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mexico 1968 Olympics. 2 blacks raised their fists...John Carlos(bronze) and Tommie Smith(gold) on the 200m race.

Since, black people who raise their fists symbolize what these 2 black men did.
    "Human rights", not "Black Power"...internet...all right then

but that just looks stupid IMO
    Someone asked from Morgan Freeman: How can we stop racism?...He said: Stop talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    "Human rights", not "Black Power"...internet...all right then

but that just looks stupid IMO
    Someone asked from Morgan Freeman: How can we stop racism?...He said: Stop talking about it.
    Lewis raising his fist was to commemorate Tommie Smith and John Carlos......that's where it started the raising of the fist from black people.

Lewis raising his fist was to commemorate Tommie Smith and John Carlos......that's where it started the raising of the fist from black people.
    Yes, thanks.

In his autobiography, Silent Gesture, Smith stated that the gesture was not a "Black Power" salute but rather a "human rights" salute.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_O...k_Power_salute

anyways, whites, who are not racist, feels like they are racists, because of this campaign, I guess.
    Stop talking about it is a good advice IMO. No matter what color your skin is, just behave like you should as a human.

anyways, enough of that for me now, back to motorsports, lol

Back to F1 discussions; Binotto finally admits that the FIA clampdowns have effected our pace.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...paign=widget-1

This comment stood out to me: “ The other side as I said, there are still areas of the regulations that need to be clarified, and hopefully that may be done in order that in the future at least there is sufficient clarity in the regulations to make sure that we've got all the same understanding."

Ferrari getting ready to protest?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Back to F1 discussions; Binotto finally admits that the FIA clampdowns have effected our pace.

This comment stood out to me: “ The other side as I said, there are still areas of the regulations that need to be clarified, and hopefully that may be done in order that in the future at least there is sufficient clarity in the regulations to make sure that we've got all the same understanding."

I hope so!

So binotto & his team are sitting silent.

The FIA should have shut all factories down at the same time, "for the good of the sport"

I think some if not most new this already after the clampdown and by telemetry on the straights. It was obvious.

[bolded area] JEEEEEZZZZZ, a little to late for that now is'nt it????? Why did'nt Ferrari get clarity as soon as the FIA clamped down on the engine? OH WAIT!!! Eating food and drinking vino is more important.

My goodness!!! How lackadaisical is this team??

I think some if not most new this already after the clampdown and by telemetry on the straights. It was obvious.

[bolded area] JEEEEEZZZZZ, a little to late for that now is'nt it????? Why did'nt Ferrari get clarity as soon as the FIA clamped down on the engine? OH WAIT!!! Eating food and drinking vino is more important.

My goodness!!! How lackadaisical is this team??
    This what I said earlier, team should be ruthless in every dept. Sadly current Ferrari team isn’t.
    No key figures who can take leadership & fight out against favours of Ferrari.

Formula 1 announces first COVID-19 positives

The FIA and Formula 1 can today confirm that between Friday 10th July and Thursday 16th July, 4,997 tests for COVID-19 have been performed on drivers, teams and personnel. Of these, two people have tested positive. The individuals were not present in Austria, with the affected people removed from operations and isolated. Tracing of close contacts completed and isolated. The FIA and Formula 1 are providing this aggregated information for the purposes of competition integrity and transparency. No specific details as to teams or individuals will be provided by the FIA or Formula 1 and results will be made public every 7 days.

If the current engine freeze wasn't enough, here's more:

In 2021, suppliers will be able to submit a new homologation of their engine, although that design will then be largely frozen for the next four years in an effort to cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post

In 2021, suppliers will be able to submit a new homologation of their engine, although that design will then be largely frozen for the next four years in an effort to cut costs.

FFS!!! ........source chinmay???

great it's for the good of the sport

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    great it's for the good of the sport
    What a joke. Imagine any other professional sport not being able to change their roster of players for 5 years no matter how poorly they are playing. Why would anyone agree to this garbage? Why even compete?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Good. Now binotto will play “for the better entertainment of the sport, we will not contest” Card & stay calm.
    After sometime, he will come up & say “oh we were just sitting down & but other won’t do like that”.

Binotto said that Ferrari are happy to sign the new Concorde Agreement: "We are ready to sign. We would like to sign it even soon. I think that's important for the future, for clarity. We would all know where we are, I think that's also important for the smaller teams.We are also somehow happy because F1 has understood the importance of the role of Ferrari in F1. That was key for us and somehow we are satisfied from that.

FFS!!! ........source chinmay???
    https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/07...e-performance/

Okay....thanks.

What a joke. Imagine any other professional sport not being able to change their roster of players for 5 years no matter how poorly they are playing. Why would anyone agree to this garbage? Why even compete?
    As I said real F1 died at the end of 2008. All this after is a joke! Freeze, money cap, saving, all that goes with racing?! Yeah right!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    As I said real F1 died at the end of 2008. All this after is a joke! Freeze, money cap, saving, all that goes with racing?! Yeah right!
    ending unlimited testing along with all you said.

ending unlimited testing along with all you said.
    Thank you. You are right.
    Formula 1 was, until recently sport for the rich. And if someone does not have money to pay the ticked to play with the big rich boys, sorry. You can not change rules by making it afordable for the masses!?!?

F1 for Ferrari fans is dieing out now slowly year after year.

Why even bother watching F1 this way...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Thank you. You are right.
    Formula 1 was, until recently sport for the rich. And if someone does not have money to pay the ticked to play with the big rich boys, sorry. You can not change rules by making it afordable for the masses!?!?

With this kind of thinking decent / good drivers like Perez are on the brink of losing their seats because of big rich boys like Stroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    With this kind of thinking decent / good drivers like Perez are on the brink of losing their seats because of big rich boys like Stroll.
    There ware always pay drivers through history of sport...

The statistics agree with that, as after 2008 the viewer figures started dropping every year, 129 million viewers lost in 12 years, 20 million last year alone. Average viewer age is also now 40, so mostly older fans still watching, very low amount of younger viewers.

When I was a kid, F1 was popular, so things have really changed.

There ware always pay drivers through history of sport...

True, unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The statistics agree with that, as after 2008 the viewer figures started dropping every year, 129 million viewers lost in 12 years, 20 million last year alone. Average viewer age is also now 40, so mostly older fans still watching, very low amount of younger viewers.

When I was a kid, F1 was popular, so things have really changed.
    It's like half the viewership right? Atleast 25%.

ALL LIVES MATTERS!!!!

This guy is so annoying!!!!

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...e-hungarian-gp