Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12232425262728293031323334353637383940414243444546474849505162 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Hey, it's what Bottas says, that there were no orders , but somehow when he felt he had a chance to do that, he was rubenized contrary to what you say.
    So we 'll agree that from here on, you will never, EVER say again that Lulu boy is racing against him eh?
    Clearly Bottas is a Reubens and you need to accept it and move on.

Cheers :)

#AMuS Ferrari pays for having developed the car in the wrong direction for two years now.

Rival teams say: "If I have 60 to 70 hp more than others, I base my aerodynamic concept on that. Then I don't mind inefficient downforce. And this is what happened at Ferrari."
    "Now that Ferrari lack this performance cushion, they would have to swap over the other extreme. And that is not possible in such a short time..."

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Hey, it's what Bottas says, that there were no orders , but somehow when he felt he had a chance to do that, he was rubenized contrary to what you say.
    So we 'll agree that from here on, you will never, EVER say again that Lulu boy is racing against him eh?
    Clearly Bottas is a Reubens and you need to accept it and move on.

Cheers :)
    OK, that one win fooled me. I will accept it and move on! Unless !!! Bottas wins one of the next 2 races!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    OK, that one win fooled me. I will accept it and move on! Unless !!! Bottas wins one of the next 2 races!
    He will never be allowed mate...

But isn't having a driver like Bottas exactly what a winning team needs? I'm not sure why he's being criticized for doing exactly what Merc needs him to do. I'm ignoring all of Mercs/Bottas' comments on team orders because it's all after the fact and I've never had an issue with team orders. The team is the focus, a 1-2 is a 1-2.

He gets the job (coming second or disrupting the other contenders) done perfectly and picks up wins when Lewis is off or has an issue.

That's exactly what Rubens was for Michael. Capable of extracting 8/9 out of 10 from the car when needed and sticking right there with the top driver.

If anything, Red Bull should could do for a Mark Webber/Bottas type right now. A consistent vet that doesn't have to rely on counter-strategies to be in contention for podiums as Albon has had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    But isn't having a driver like Bottas exactly what a winning team needs? I'm not sure why he's being criticized for doing exactly what Merc needs him to do. I'm ignoring all of Mercs/Bottas' comments on team orders because it's all after the fact and I've never had an issue with team orders. The team is the focus, a 1-2 is a 1-2.

He gets the job (coming second or disrupting the other contenders) done perfectly and picks up wins when Lewis is off or has an issue.

That's exactly what Rubens was for Michael. Capable of extracting 8/9 out of 10 from the car when needed and sticking right there with the top driver.

If anything, Red Bull should could do for a Mark Webber/Bottas type right now. A consistent vet that doesn't have to rely on counter-strategies to be in contention for podiums as Albon has had to do.
    They shouldn't have gotten rid of Sainz.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post

Brembo insists that merc allows both drivers to race one another while even Bottas (link provided) has said otherwise and this is not the first time. In my opinion there is nothing wrong about that and this is exactly what Ferrari was doing in the past.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    He will never be allowed mate...
    Yes, he's now clearly a number 2 driver.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    They shouldn't have gotten rid of Sainz.
    Sometimes I forget that he was a RB academy driver. But yes, He would have been good for them this year to keep pressure on Valteri and perhaps force some mistakes. As of now, Bottas provides a great buffer for Merc between Max and Lewis.

Turkish GP organiser hopes to host crowd of 100,000 for F1 comeback

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/151811/turkish-gp-hopes-to-host-crowd-of-100000

Binotto is confident that the party mode ban will bring the teams closer together. Yet Merc and the other teams believe that it wont do much. Who to believe? Was this the something special that he was talking about? I'd like to believe that Ferrari/Binotto are working hard behind the scenes to end this Merc dominance and give us some sort of chance at being competitive.

The haters will go crazy if it actually does bring the teams closer together and helps us be competitive in Monza. lol

Binotto: Party mode ban could shake up order at Monza
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...paign=widget-1
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Binotto is confident that the party mode ban will bring the teams closer together. Yet Merc and the other teams believe that it wont do much. Who to believe? Was this the something special that he was talking about? I'd like to believe that Ferrari/Binotto are working hard behind the scenes to end this Merc dominance and give us some sort of chance at being competitive.

The haters will go crazy if it actually does bring the teams closer together and helps us be competitive in Monza. lol

Binotto: Party mode ban could shake up order at Monza
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...paign=widget-1
    Maybe in respect of the one lap pace for qualifying but the race modes are the race modes so teams will simply just run those. May help in terms of building opening lap gaps as they probably run lower qualy modes and also for defending/attacking. Let's see I guess.

Rumor

Looks like Ferrari could pick up Andy Cowell for the engine dept.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Rumor

Looks like Ferrari could pick up Andy Cowell for the engine dept.
    That would be fantastic....but sadly, it will prolly be just that, a RUMOR

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    Maybe in respect of the one lap pace for qualifying but the race modes are the race modes so teams will simply just run those. May help in terms of building opening lap gaps as they probably run lower qualy modes and also for defending/attacking. Let's see I guess.
    I will be interested if anyone has to change how they run ERS after all teams had to submit their designs. I think the quali mode ban just gives an alibi for any performance dtop from ERS changes so all save face, not to mention only one mode will make it easier to police.

The sf 1000 is now being used as a test mule for the remainder of the season.There is nothing to loose but lots can be gained. There is no silver bullet cure for the sf 1000.What works will be kept what does not scrapped.Iam sure ferrari will hide this turtle in there car collections centre.RIP SF 1000 .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The sf 1000 is now being used as a test mule for the remainder of the season.There is nothing to loose but lots can be gained. There is no silver bullet cure for the sf 1000.What works will be kept what does not scrapped.Iam sure ferrari will hide this turtle in there car collections centre.RIP SF 1000 .
    With a more powerful engine it may not be that bad. In S2 at Spa it was 0.4 seconds faster than lasted years car, that means engine must have cost not far off 2 seconds at Spa. This years car is also running with nearly no wing to stat somewhat in touch on the straights, so barely any wing and faster by 0.4 than last year in S2. It's still a pile of crap as things stand but more power makes a world of difference and means can run more optimal wing angles. Engine is all that really counts though as only 1 more year left with these chassis rules and cannot change much, it's the engine they have to sort as it Carrie's into 2022. (in my opinion)

How bad is it really at ferrari.Binotto claims it may take years for ferrari to rejoin the winning cycle.Now that is of major concern.I wonder how Charles feels about that,would be such a waste of pure racing talent.Personally I think binotto will be shown the door well before.The Andy Cowell romour is gaining pace.There is nothing wrong with good old British talent joining ferrari after all Ross brawn is British and look at the success he bought to ferrari time for change has never been better.Go global for a new team principle.

“The engine is frozen this season, so there’s nothing we can do on that,” said Binotto. “We are developing it for next year. It’s progressing well at the dyno at the moment.

Hopefully a revised 2019 engine for next year then. It shouldn't take too much to modify it within any TD. If it's good enough to keep pace with Honda and Renault it should be good enough to enable outside chances of winning a race next season.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 2nd September 2020 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Hopefully a revised 2019 engine for next year then. It shouldn't take too much to modify it within any TD. If it's good enough to keep pace with Honda and Renault it should be good enough to enable outside chances of winning a race next season.
    It’s truly sad and it pains me to say this, how all of a sudden we’re OK if we win a race or 2 next season with some luck and at the expense of others mistakes.....but it is what it is until we get back up to winning ways.....whenever that may be

How bad is it really at ferrari.Binotto claims it may take years for ferrari to rejoin the winning cycle.Now that is of major concern.I wonder how Charles feels about that,would be such a waste of pure racing talent.Personally I think binotto will be shown the door well before.The Andy Cowell romour is gaining pace.There is nothing wrong with good old British talent joining ferrari after all Ross brawn is British and look at the success he bought to ferrari time for change has never been better.Go global for a new team principle.
    One should explain how this "it could take years" is justified.
    Exactly what is the mess that we're into , and we were not a year ago.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    It’s truly sad and it pains me to say this, how all of a sudden we’re OK if we win a race or 2 next season with some luck and at the expense of others mistakes.....but it is what it is until we get back up to winning ways.....whenever that may be
    You know, we'll still have the 2020 chassis more or less identical and while it clearly is good enough to challenge Red Bull with an identical engine on tracks with less reliance on drag reduction - it is still several tenths slower than Mercedes in the corners. We'd need a better engine than them in 2021 to win races on merit and that's not going to happen. Let's just put it like this, we went faster round Hungaroring in one lap than Red Bull with this donkey engine so the car has some potential so long as straights aren't involved. The increased drag and the HP deficit was what made Spa such a double whammy.

However, if the engine is within 0.2-0.3 s/lap in 2022, it wouldn't take much of a chassis advantage on our side to give Charles a title-contending car. In the future I think the main competitive element will be the engine considering chassis budget limitations. Thus the manufacturer teams will ensure they don't give away the most recent specs to their customers. Thus, us being outside of the top four (Mercedes, Red Bull, Renault) once that new era settles in is unlikely even if the financial playing field is levelled. No manufacturer team will have the interest of a MotoGP-like situation where the customers frequently outrace them. Ain't gonna happen. McLaren and Aston Martin will have to hang around looking for a car manufacturer willing to make them top dog or in Aston's case start building their own engines to stand a chance. That is, unless Mercedes sell the team which could lead to Aston Martin buying the whole engine department for themselves and leaving McLaren and the successor of Mercedes being satellite teams.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 2nd September 2020 at 14:23.

You know, we'll still have the 2020 chassis more or less identical and while it clearly is good enough to challenge Red Bull with an identical engine on tracks with less reliance on drag reduction - it is still several tenths slower than Mercedes in the corners. We'd need a better engine than them in 2021 to win races on merit and that's not going to happen. Let's just put it like this, we went faster round Hungaroring in one lap than Red Bull with this donkey engine so the car has some potential so long as straights aren't involved. The increased drag and the HP deficit was what made Spa such a double whammy.

However, if the engine is within 0.2-0.3 s/lap in 2022, it wouldn't take much of a chassis advantage on our side to give Charles a title-contending car. In the future I think the main competitive element will be the engine considering chassis budget limitations. Thus the manufacturer teams will ensure they don't give away the most recent specs to their customers. Thus, us being outside of the top four (Mercedes, Red Bull, Renault) once that new era settles in is unlikely even if the financial playing field is levelled. No manufacturer team will have the interest of a MotoGP-like situation where the customers frequently outrace them. Ain't gonna happen. McLaren and Aston Martin will have to hang around looking for a car manufacturer willing to make them top dog or in Aston's case start building their own engines to stand a chance. That is, unless Mercedes sell the team which could lead to Aston Martin buying the whole engine department for themselves and leaving McLaren and the successor of Mercedes being satellite teams.
    Is that looking like a possibility?

I mean, the last time the team was rebuilt to be a juggernaut (successfully) was sometime in 2001 after Schumacher-Brawn-Todt had convinced Montezemolo that they could win championships without some "''help"'' from the top after which he stopped fooling around with the team until 2006. In the meantime, we had already contended for the championship till the very last race in 1997, 1998 and 1999 (first WCC) against very dominant teams (albeit with subpar drivers, at least relative to Michael). So, I guess rebuilding doesn't necessarily mean being uncompetitive.

One more thing that Binotto has to his advantage is that Elkann doesn't share the kind of passion to racing as Marchionne or Montezemolo and has a reputation to be very realistic. That was the reason why he voiced his support in Binotto's favour and not expecting any win until 2022. So, Binotto won't be on the edge all the time like Domenicali or Arrivabene were. Not to mention that arguably the best driver on the grid drives for us at the moment.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Is that looking like a possibility?
    With a budget cap coming in, and having blown even us out of the water for spending before, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain from remaining as a manufacturer team in the long term. It's entirely possible that Hammy after 8 titles will walk out of the door to pursue some sort of activism at the end of next season and Toto has eyes at a place at the highest echeleon of Daimler. Once those dominoes fall, all out of a sudden Mercedes could be left with a new rules package and Bottas/Russell as their drivers without the TP. That means they may well sell the team next year. The fact that the 2022 rules got delayed an extra season has made it even more timely for such an arrangement since they can do their fake news "muh Hammy better than Schumi" parade next year with a car guaranteed to win nearly every race.

Back in Maranello, the engineers analysed all the Belgian data to understand why the team’s performance did not live up to expectations. For the #ItalianGP, the SF1000s will have a special aero package which should help the drivers to get the most out of the car this weekend."

Binotto is giving another surprise this weekend

Vettel: "The last race here was anything but straightforward for me and we are well aware that will also be the case this time. We have a specific aero package that we hope will make the SF1000 more competitive.Nevertheless our aim this weekend is the same as always: to make the most of our package and bring home as many points as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Back in Maranello, the engineers analysed all the Belgian data to understand why the team’s performance did not live up to expectations. For the #ItalianGP, the SF1000s will have a special aero package which should help the drivers to get the most out of the car this weekend."

Binotto is giving another surprise this weekend
    The SF1000-B

With a budget cap coming in, and having blown even us out of the water for spending before, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain from remaining as a manufacturer team in the long term. It's entirely possible that Hammy after 8 titles will walk out of the door to pursue some sort of activism at the end of next season and Toto has eyes at a place at the highest echeleon of Daimler. Once those dominoes fall, all out of a sudden Mercedes could be left with a new rules package and Bottas/Russell as their drivers without the TP. That means they may well sell the team next year. The fact that the 2022 rules got delayed an extra season has made it even more timely for such an arrangement since they can do their fake news "muh Hammy better than Schumi" parade next year with a car guaranteed to win nearly every race.
    Good points! They could possibly want to leave 'undefeated'.