Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 152627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    They should use the car from 1950 !

Mugello 2020

Gazzetta reports that only the livery (amaranth red) will change on the Ferrari in Mugello.

"If you were expecting a new aero package that could improve the performance of the SF1000, it's time to put hope aside."

The restrictions of the regulation allow only a few changes and Binotto is looking rather at 2021 and use the "tokens" in the view of next year. The SF1000 will not change anymore until the end of the season, except for minor details.

On the engine front, Ferrari is already working on a new power unit that will hopefully give the desired results.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Without rule changes reverse grid and other ideas that will help this sterile sport then it will die a slow death.monza was a thriller.Even if ferrari were doing a mercedes and dominating all aspects of f1 by now it would also become very boring.F1 needs spicing up and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Without rule changes reverse grid and other ideas that will help this sterile sport then it will die a slow death.monza was a thriller.Even if ferrari were doing a mercedes and dominating all aspects of f1 by now it would also become very boring.F1 needs spicing up and quickly.
    We don't need dominance. I am happy as long as the field is bunched up and I bet that will make the viewership skyrocket. If that indeed happens, we will have a huge advantage because we have superior drivers.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

But...................................but......... ......but..............

Montezemolo: "For those of us who love Ferrari, it's time to keep quiet"

Luca di Montezemelo, former president of Ferrari, is aware that Ferrari is going through a very complex time and asks the fans for silence and patience.

It is evident that the Italian team is going through one of the most critical periods in its history. The performance of the car this year is well below the SF90 of 2019 and it seems that Ferrari is the team that has regressed the most on the grid.

The icing on the cake of all this debacle for Maranello was the Italian Grand Prix. Neither Ferrari made it to Q3 in qualifying, and neither Charles Leclerc nor Sebastian Vettel finished the race. This result was especially hard, not only because they were racing at home, but because in Monza, last year, they took the pole and the victory from the Monegasque's hand.

All this, obviously, gives a lot to talk about in Italy. The Italian press is known for being very demanding and critical of the team and, this year, it is by no means the exception.

Montezemolo, who was president of Ferrari between 1991 and 2014, has spoken about the situation at Ferrari and has asked for a personal favor from the 'tifosi'. " I love Ferrari, but now it is better to be silent, " he assured in an interview with the Italian news agency ANSA.

"For those who love Ferrari, whom I love very much, this is a time when it is better to be silent," he asked the 'Ferraristas'.

The former Ferrari president tries to stay optimistic and is confident that the Italian team will eventually overcome this bump. "We must hope and trust that, on the eve of the 1,000th Scuderia Grand Prix, Ferrari will be able to believe in its abilities to overcome difficult moments like this, as it has already managed to do on some occasions in the past", insisted Montezemolo to end.

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Luca di Montezemelo, former president of Ferrari, is aware that Ferrari is going through a very complex time and asks the fans for silence and patience.

It is evident that the Italian team is going through one of the most critical periods in its history. The performance of the car this year is well below the SF90 of 2019 and it seems that Ferrari is the team that has regressed the most on the grid.

The icing on the cake of all this debacle for Maranello was the Italian Grand Prix. Neither Ferrari made it to Q3 in qualifying, and neither Charles Leclerc nor Sebastian Vettel finished the race. This result was especially hard, not only because they were racing at home, but because in Monza, last year, they took the pole and the victory from the Monegasque's hand.

All this, obviously, gives a lot to talk about in Italy. The Italian press is known for being very demanding and critical of the team and, this year, it is by no means the exception.

Montezemolo, who was president of Ferrari between 1991 and 2014, has spoken about the situation at Ferrari and has asked for a personal favor from the 'tifosi'. " I love Ferrari, but now it is better to be silent, " he assured in an interview with the Italian news agency ANSA.

"For those who love Ferrari, whom I love very much, this is a time when it is better to be silent," he asked the 'Ferraristas'.

The former Ferrari president tries to stay optimistic and is confident that the Italian team will eventually overcome this bump. "We must hope and trust that, on the eve of the 1,000th Scuderia Grand Prix, Ferrari will be able to believe in its abilities to overcome difficult moments like this, as it has already managed to do on some occasions in the past", insisted Montezemolo to end.

I just hope Charles doesn't become to us what Kimi had become to McLaren or what Jean Alesi was to us back in the day.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

The guy who made Michael Schumacher retire shouldn't talk about the fans at all.

Ferraristas are passionate about Ferrari all the time. Not only when the team is winning..

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    The guy who made Michael Schumacher retire shouldn't talk about the fans at all.

Ferraristas are passionate about Ferrari all the time. Not only when the team is winning..
    Absolutely! Well said!

He broke up what still could've been a winning team and started it all going down hill from there. 2007 WDC and 2008 WCC not withstanding.

Errrmmmm Michael could have went to any team on the grid if he wanted...
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yup...

I really love Michael but at the time this decision was understandable (as much as I hated it). Kimi was the fastest driver on the grid in 2003-2006 and looked like what people think of Verstappen now. By 2006, Michael was already 37 and was no longer seen as a long term prospect for us (it was unheard of for drivers to have such long careers until then) and there was no better replacement then him (Fernando had already signed for McLaren but he wasn't thought of to be as good as him at those times).

To put it in current terms, it would be like having Verstappen replace Hamilton.

Am quite excited to see the new 1 off livery. To keep fans occupied they should do variations on the livery at every race remaining. Until can change engine at start of next season nothing else will change on the car and it will only slip further back. Cannot update for more aero as engine is so weak they had to trim the original downforce back. That's why Haas and Alda caught up, with the current engine they have hit a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I really love Michael but at the time this decision was understandable (as much as I hated it). Kimi was the fastest driver on the grid in 2003-2006 and looked like what people think of Verstappen now. By 2006, Michael was already 37 and was no longer seen as a long term prospect for us (it was unheard of for drivers to have such long careers until then) and there was no better replacement then him (Fernando had already signed for McLaren but he wasn't thought of to be as good as him at those times).

To put it in current terms, it would be like having Verstappen replace Hamilton.
    Nigel Mansell was 39 when he won his WDC with Wiliams back in 1992 and went to CART next year and won there too! So it is not how old are you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Nigel Mansell was 39 when he won his WDC with Wiliams back in 1992 and went to CART next year and won there too! So it is not how old are you!!!
    Exactly, and in 07 and 08 ferrari had really good cars....if we would have kept Schumi for 2 more years, quite possibly he would have had 2 more WDC’s....but we would never know as ferrari were quite determined to bring Kimi in....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly, and in 07 and 08 ferrari had really good cars....if we would have kept Schumi for 2 more years, quite possibly he would have had 2 more WDC’s....but we would never know as ferrari were quite determined to bring Kimi in....
    High chance Schumacher would of won 2007 and 2008. I always felt Alomso was the better prospect than Raikkonen, bore out somewhat in 2007 and 2008 when Ferrari won only one drivers title at a scrape and Massa pushed Raikkonen very hard, easily beating him in 2008 and much of 2009. Ferrari car was best in 2007 and 2008 but McLaren had better drivers in my opinion.

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    High chance Schumacher would of won 2007 and 2008. I always felt Alomso was the better prospect than Raikkonen, bore out somewhat in 2007 and 2008 when Ferrari won only one drivers title at a scrape and Massa pushed Raikkonen very hard, easily beating him in 2008 and much of 2009. Ferrari car was best in 2007 and 2008 but McLaren had better drivers in my opinion.
    The reason Kimi looked like he lost his edge in 2007 was because he struggled to adapt to the Bridgestones and in 2008 couldn't adapt to the setup of the car. If Michael was the one driving the F2007 and the F2008, he would have destroyed the competition because he wouldn't have to go through the trouble.

Am quite excited to see the new 1 off livery. To keep fans occupied they should do variations on the livery at every race remaining. Until can change engine at start of next season nothing else will change on the car and it will only slip further back. Cannot update for more aero as engine is so weak they had to trim the original downforce back. That's why Haas and Alda caught up, with the current engine they have hit a brick wall.
    Honestly I don't care about the livery. Of course it has to be red , but on such a landmark, 1000 GP, I think everyone, in coming years, will just remember how bad car was, not the livery....

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I'm talking about Montezemelo though. No matter what Schumacher decided to do I find it petty how we forced MS and Brawn out. It's like Mercedes forcing out Hamilton and James Allison for Max.

Michael would have been a 9-time champion had he driven a Ferrari in '07 and '08.

Honestly I don't care about the livery. Of course it has to be red , but on such a landmark, 1000 GP, I think everyone, in coming years, will just remember how bad car was, not the livery....
    Of course, but the car is stuck for this year, nothing can be done to it that will make a difference. Start of next year with new engine will be next performance change. Might as well mess about with liveries as it's the only thing can change this season and gives something to talk about as for the rest of the year they are stuck fighting Haas, Alfa Romeo and William's.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Michael would have been a 9-time champion had he driven a Ferrari in '07 and '08.
    +1, and Hamiltion 1 title less

Of course, but the car is stuck for this year, nothing can be done to it that will make a difference. Start of next year with new engine will be next performance change. Might as well mess about with liveries as it's the only thing can change this season and gives something to talk about as for the rest of the year they are stuck fighting Haas, Alfa Romeo and William's.
    Unfortunately true....

Given that everything is going the way of electric, hopefully Ferrari jumps into that technology to build a bit more knowledge as I suspect this formula will have to become or merge with Formula E at some point........
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...157047828?s=21

Ferrari unveiled anniversary livery for 1000th GP at Mugello

Camilleri & Co have already said they are not currently interested in going into electric racing and are looking at possible IndyCar or WEC/LMP participation sometime in the future. I think they should just get their F1 car sorted out before that!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...157047828?s=21

Ferrari unveiled anniversary livery for 1000th GP at Mugello

Any thoughts.... looks like everything’s on the car. Except speed

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Any thoughts.... looks like everything’s on the car. Except speed
    maybe this dark red/burgundy color is the missing link to our SPEED.....maybe it will be a monster....and then i woke up....must have been just that, a DREAM.....lol