Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 142526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Good to see Camilleri gets it. Stop sacking people so quickly and start adding some new talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Good to see Camilleri gets it. Stop sacking people so quickly and start adding some new talent.
    For whatever reasons Ferrari let the likes of Aldo Costa and James Allison go, but I still can't quite understand why we have been forced to go through all the dramas as a result of the 2019 'illegal' engine, who was responsible for allowing it to be used in the first place without having an idea that it might be brought into question? At least we appeared to be competitive with said engine, and now look at us and the pain we are having to endure, was it ever worth it? What compounds the issue is the subsequent cost and engine freeze, which has left Ferrari having to pay the price for being on the naughty step or being thrown out of last year's championship completely. Italy was badly hit early on by the pandemic, which may have also caused engine development to be curtailed but it was supposedly the same for all engine manufacturers, but I doubt it was to the same degree. As it stands, it's a sad state for our team to be in, with no likely improvement any time soon.

Ferrari has made some hasty decisions in the past, and in the end it ended up biting them back. One such example is Costa's sacking. Another few examples are the departure of Allison and Sassi to Mercedes.

Am I being happy with our current performances? No I'm not. Am I being happy with Binotto's leadership as the TP? No I'm not. But, I still think Binotto should not be sacked. Because he would just end up at Mercedes/Red Bull, and I don't think Ferrari has anyone out there who can replace Binotto.

Ferrari needs to add new and fresh talents from the outside. They need to go on a spending spree. Sacking an extremely talented engineer like Binotto is not the answer.

I agree with you, tifosi, I also think Binotto needs someone to to back him up trackside, he should concentrate on his engineering and technical abilities and be able to delegate responsibility for the drivers and pit crew at race weekends, he can't be expected to be TP and TD, unable to focus on one or the other. Just my opinion and I though that was supposed to happen.

Hes not TD anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Hes not TD anymore.
    Someone he respects needs to remind him of that! Great idea Wisepie! Someone backing him up track side would be a great help.

https://youtu.be/igY1vm6mtGc

After watching video, one of them might get clear picture wt does TP mean.

Renault F1 team to become Alpine F1 in 2021.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Renault F1 team to become Alpine F1 in 2021.
    So, Alonso is driving a blue Renault next year?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    So, Alonso is driving a blue Renault next year?
    Yup.... eagerly waiting for his comeback. Want to see him on the podium.
    A good car for him is enough. He will pull it off.

2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup.... eagerly waiting for his comeback. Want to see him on the podium.
    A good car for him is enough. He will pull it off.
    I’m skeptical. He’s incredible talent but he hasn’t driven for 2 yrs. Michael v2 still haunts me

The way Mercedes delegate and go about their business has shown all other teams up. I like the way Wolf as team principal doesn’t sit on the pit wall, he leaves that to his subject matter experts to manage.

Binotto either needs to demonstrate his faith in the re-jigged team around him or manage it like Todt or Brawn did, you can’t sit in the middle and semi-delegate whilst micro managing.

I’m confused by the regulations for next year are they staying the same and you have to run the same cars or are they staying the same and you are allowed to redesign your car within the stand still regulations? If it’s the latter just let the young blood designers back at base loose on radical approaches to gauge the best designers and regulation interpreters for the 22 season. Another season with a smilies car to this would be pointless (pun intended!)

Quote Originally Posted by Submanf1 View Post
    The way Mercedes delegate and go about their business has shown all other teams up. I like the way Wolf as team principal doesn’t sit on the pit wall, he leaves that to his subject matter experts to manage.

Binotto either needs to demonstrate his faith in the re-jigged team around him or manage it like Todt or Brawn did, you can’t sit in the middle and semi-delegate whilst micro managing.

I’m confused by the regulations for next year are they staying the same and you have to run the same cars or are they staying the same and you are allowed to redesign your car within the stand still regulations? If it’s the latter just let the young blood designers back at base loose on radical approaches to gauge the best designers and regulation interpreters for the 22 season. Another season with a smilies car to this would be pointless (pun intended!)
    Well, for one we don't really know what is going on in the team. We only have something as a reference in the form of media which may or may not be correct. It is also very likely that the rearrangement in the team was made with 2022 kept in mind, so we may not see what Ferrari are capable of next year.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Ferrari drop Pink Mercedes protest....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...paign=widget-1

I really wonder what’s going on behind the scenes in F1
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Yes, saw that too. Do they gain anything from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I’m skeptical. He’s incredible talent but he hasn’t driven for 2 yrs. Michael v2 still haunts me
    Well he’s 38 or 39? I still feel he Can do much provided right car.
    DR showing Renault’s progress. If the team can get tune their aero performance a little, it will be a podium finisher.
    I have that confidence on Alonso, he can do it.

Also he said, will be working on simulator this year & do a FP with renault.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Yes, saw that too. Do they gain anything from this?
    Free engine from Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Yes, apparently this led to a clarification in the 2021 rules which they were satisfied by... they already realize they aren't a top 4 team this year, so probably figured fighting for 2020 was not worth it and let it go....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Motorsport Italy reports that Ferrari will celebrate their 1000th GP in Mugello with a special livery - a livery that they used in 1950!

Motorsport Italy reports that Ferrari will celebrate their 1000th GP in Mugello with a special livery - a livery that they used in 1950!
    They should use the car from 1950 !

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    He has driven in the WEC for Toyota and of course at the Indy 500.

Michael's comeback was disappointing, but there were a few glimpses that he still had it! Ultimately the car let him down more than anything, but he did lay the foundation blocks for what hamilton eventually drove with his second to none feedback to engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    He has driven in the WEC for Toyota and of course at the Indy 500.

Michael's comeback was disappointing, but there were a few glimpses that he still had it! Ultimately the car let him down more than anything, but he did lay the foundation blocks for what hamilton eventually drove with his second to none feedback to engineers.
    Very true! Toto said on many occasions that Michael's laying down the foundation blocks for the Merc future is the main reason they are where they are. Praise where praise is due.

lol I called it. Livery and hashtags lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    They should use the car from 1950 !
    Ha, ha....sadly it almost feels like ferrari is driving a 1950s car this season....unreliable and gutless

We all know how well things went in Germany when the taxi's did their special livery haha.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    We all know how well things went in Germany when the taxi's did their special livery haha.
    Ferrari doesn't need any special livery to ruin/jinx race weekend!

While I'm pleased at the thought of a Ferrari livery in a proper shade of red, applying it to this dinosaur of a car is such a waste. They should retain the awful matt orange they have now until they're ready to honour the badge. It's a fitting tribute to the state of the team right now. The last time I felt proud to be a fan was in 2008. What a superb livery that was.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    They got Karma served for acting really cocky the day before the grand prix. In Mugello, we actually are the underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very true! Toto said on many occasions that Michael's laying down the foundation blocks for the Merc future is the main reason they are where they are. Praise where praise is due.
    It was Michael who lobbied with Mercedes bosses to invest more money in the F1 team as it was the only way they would move up the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    It was Michael who lobbied with Mercedes bosses to invest more money in the F1 team as it was the only way they would move up the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look where Michael's lobbying got them! Who could ask for anything more ! Just ask Luis !