Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 42940414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Enzo Ferrari always said it's HP that counts for a car to be a winner.
    NO, he used to say that AERO is for people who can’t built engines

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I also don't think the engine will be the slowest. Why put in so much effort to produce an engine that is obviously going to be slower still, after the disastrous season we are currently having?
    In theory the modified 2019 template should make us on par with Renault and above Honda for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    NO, he used to say that AERO is for people who can’t built engines
    That's right HP not areo makes a winning car. Right both ways.

Aston Martin looks to be the safety car during some tracks in 2021 while Mercedes does the other tracks as well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Aston Martin looks to be the safety car during some tracks in 2021 while Mercedes does the other tracks as well.

We all know who pulls the strings.

Bottas may face a 5 year entry ban from China for making the comment about "if he could delete one day from 2020, it would either be the Turkish GP (where he spun 6 times) or the day when someone decided to eat a bat in Wuhan", meaning he would miss every Chinese Grand Prix up until 2026. His title challenge has been destroyed before it even began lmao. If this is indeed the case, Bottas is 100% going to get fired from Mercedes.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    The aero concept of the SF1000 will be carried on into 2021 too and we've pretty much nearly perfected the chassis to a point that it can compete without too much trouble with cars with at least 30+ bhp more than our own and judging by the performance in the wet, where the chassis is put under thorough stress, we've done brilliantly. A good engine would destroy RedBull at least for sure.
    Next year we will get RB that’s for sure, question is will it be able to challenge Mercs hmmm that’s a question mark.

Mine too. But sadly it won't end very well for him with respect to his career. No team would want a driver that is in bad terms with the biggest market out there.
    That's unreasonable from China. We know they're the biggest market but they mustn't come here with this nonsense.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    That's unreasonable from China. We know they're the biggest market but they mustn't come here with this nonsense.
    They're notorious for such stuff. They're aggressively pushing the narrative that Covid-19 didn't originate in China and punishing anyone who says/implies otherwise.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Thank you again for the Grow up advise. All the interviews with F-1 drivers and the F-1 people who gave their opinions right after that race were really into the fact that Rubens was put in a life threatening position getting to be just millimeters away from hitting that concrete wall. I'm not alone on that opinion.And your opinion ranks zero compared to those who held Michael in contempt at the time esp. the drivers. Rubens came out ahead at the race! Max never was accused of intentionally trying to possibly kill another driver esp. over 9th,. place. Yes Max can be compared to Michael as far as driving goes but without the disrespect for the other drivers and esp. his former Ferrari team mate. You are again right to compare Max to Michael esp. seeing how young Max proved to be the better It's not just Max's car !! If someone speaks bad about a favorite of yours, you need to grow up , move on. It's 2020 F-1 has a true GOAT in Lewis. Those old records are gone, #7 is on the way!! It's not just the car! Grow up,it's going to take years for another driver; hopefully Charles or throw in Max to catch Lewis' records. Michael left Merc a loser. Lewis is shining both for him & his team . I truly believe Charles even without team orders written into his contracts; is next in line along with Ferrari as the greatest. Forget all your bragging how Micheal's team Merc is so great, and unbeatable. Ferrari is on the way! Get used to it.
    "Grown up" advice.
    Other than that,yes, see this is the thing,you cannot cry shame for one thing, then cry glory for the same thing. You need to decide, either you like hard racing as practice or you don't.
    If you do, you don't care if hard racing can have impact to say Rubens or any driver. It's hard racing; that's the end.
    Oh and while at it, it was Ayrton Senna who introduced hard racing, then Michael followed; now (among others) your hero Max is also doing it and is encouraged, to a point by FIA.

So , ya, Rubens was "victim" of these tactics. Boo, hoo, hoo.

Move on.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Bottas may face a 5 year entry ban from China for making the comment about "if he could delete one day from 2020, it would either be the Turkish GP (where he spun 6 times) or the day when someone decided to eat a bat in Wuhan", meaning he would miss every Chinese Grand Prix up until 2026. His title challenge has been destroyed before it even began lmao. If this is indeed the case, Bottas is 100% going to get fired from Mercedes.
    I can't find any sources over it.

That being said, I think China would lose their race if they tried such a thing.

I don't think the China race is happening next year anyway due to travel restrictions and logistical issues. In fact, I suspect all races farther east than Abu Dhabi will be cancelled yet again. F1 will likely put the eggs in the North American basket instead for fly-aways further than the Middle East.

For now, yes, but I predict Australia, China, Japan and Singapore will be cancelled as spring nears. There's no way China will accept having thousands of westerners roaming about even in a bubble in spring 2021. I also don't think Brazil will happen next year either but I do predict Canada, US, Mexico, Azerbaijan and Monaco to take place in terms of flyaways and street circuits. So make that 18 races, possibly 19 or 20 if one or two European venues get re-drafted in. Japan will prioritize the Olympics and Singapore are really strict when it comes to health matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    For now, yes, but I predict Australia, China, Japan and Singapore will be cancelled as spring nears. There's no way China will accept having thousands of westerners roaming about even in a bubble in spring 2021. I also don't think Brazil will happen next year either but I do predict Canada, US, Mexico, Azerbaijan and Monaco to take place in terms of flyaways and street circuits. So make that 18 races, possibly 19 or 20 if one or two European venues get re-drafted in. Japan will prioritize the Olympics and Singapore are really strict when it comes to health matters.
    Maybe.....but I doubt it.

Not on the schedule for 2021 is Portimao, Imola, Mugello and Turkey that F1 raced in 2020....so there's that as well to fill in a 23 race schedule SHOULD your hypothetical narrative comes into fruition.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    "Grown up" advice.
    Other than that,yes, see this is the thing,you cannot cry shame for one thing, then cry glory for the same thing. You need to decide, either you like hard racing as practice or you don't.
    If you do, you don't care if hard racing can have impact to say Rubens or any driver. It's hard racing; that's the end.
    Oh and while at it, it was Ayrton Senna who introduced hard racing, then Michael followed; now (among others) your hero Max is also doing it and is encouraged, to a point by FIA.

So , ya, Rubens was "victim" of these tactics. Boo, hoo, hoo.

Move on.
    OK you win! Let Michael pass or you will lose your Ferrari seat ! That's hard racing? Victim is the correct word. That Ferrari seat is still a Drivers dream. Thank you always for the " Grown advice! Just imagine R Bull telling one of my heros; Max move over for your team mate, it's part of hard racing. A bottle of fine red Vino and Two Ferrari's on pole next race will be just what I need! Meinte Asfalis !

you're right. they should have made it easier racing. Should have told Rubens to slow down and drive to a vector so Schumi could always stay ahead. Works for Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    you're right. they should have made it easier racing. Should have told Rubens to slow down and drive to a vector so Schumi could always stay ahead. Works for Merc.
    Should have? Todt the midget did tell Rubens on the radio. So... Lewis and Merc are not cheating, their just copying how Schumy got the wins . I'm still waiting for Lewis to park in front of a driver during Quali! Hard racing at it's best. Keep watching Stroll!! He's going to be up there with the big guys.

hopefully soon. Been too long since the Canadian anthem been heard after a race.

Motorsport Italy writes that the 2021 Ferrari engine is internally called "Superfast"...

They write:
    "It's not a revolutionary engine, though it will adopt solutions for the 2022 project, feature a smaller turbo and an improved MGU-H. The new engine is expected to recover 30HP."

Binotto said that Ferrari is missing 40/50HP with the current engine compared to Mercedes. Assuming the 30HP is true, the other manufacturers certainly will have improved their engines in the meantime too, so the 30HP recovery is not really indicative.

I will start paying attention to Italian media and their insider info when they finally post something true. I'm still waiting for the "3D painted pistons" and that super hyped front suspension since 2018, and now it's almost the end of 2020 and there are still no signs of them.

Italian media and their so called "expert" should stick to F1 gossiping. Complex F1 engineering and car parts are way out of their pay grade.

If Binotto, who never sugarcoats aero and engine problems, is happy with the engine problem, then so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Motorsport Italy writes that the 2021 Ferrari engine is internally called "Superfast"...

They write:
    "It's not a revolutionary engine, though it will adopt solutions for the 2022 project, feature a smaller turbo and an improved MGU-H. The new engine is expected to recover 30HP."

Binotto said that Ferrari is missing 40/50HP with the current engine compared to Mercedes. Assuming the 30HP is true, the other manufacturers certainly will have improved their engines in the meantime too, so the 30HP recovery is not really indicative.
    Yeah but mate, it’s SUPER fast.....lol
    I just hope that this so called smaller turbo won’t come and bite us in the @$$....as it did at the beginning of the new refs in 2014 when Ferrari opted for a smaller turbo in comparison to Merc and Renault.....and we’ll we were quite limited for power until we introduced a bigger turbo in 2015.....so just saying!!

OK you win! Let Michael pass or you will lose your Ferrari seat ! That's hard racing? Victim is the correct word. That Ferrari seat is still a Drivers dream. Thank you always for the " Grown advice! Just imagine R Bull telling one of my heros; Max move over for your team mate, it's part of hard racing. A bottle of fine red Vino and Two Ferrari's on pole next race will be just what I need! Meinte Asfalis !
    Also, as I said, you enjoy hard racing when it's other drivers that do it and not on drivers you like. So basically you're a hypocrite.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

So... Lewis and Merc are not cheating, their just copying how Schumy got the wins
    If they don't, neither did Ferrari.
    If they don't do anything wrong, and Merc is copying, then Ferrari did nothing wrong.
    If that is the case, you really need to seek urgent psychiatric help.

Thanks to you I don' need a psychiatrist; you analyzed as being a hypocrite . A true friend.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

They write:

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...855521793?s=20
    Correction: "Superfast" is what they call the 2022 engine internally, the 2021 engine is adopting some of the solutions of that "Superfast" engine.

As I've said, they should stick to gossips. Only Ferrari knows the actual numbers, not the Italian media.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    As I've said, they should stick to gossips. Only Ferrari knows the actual numbers, not the Italian media.
    not if ferrai has a RAT within the team.....then the media may have a "bone to chew on" if you know what i mean

prolly same thing happened back in 2019 when a RAT within ferrari spilled our engine trickery and that's how we got caught....clever thing we had going on, until we got caught

Rumours can be true or false.... until we see it on track or someone from Ferrari confirms it, nothing will be reliable.
    Till then whatever positive news or info is coming it just gives some hope that next year should be better than current year.

In the meanwhile Mclaren team says Ferrari are back into the fight for 3rd place in Constructors championship. I would say it depends on vettel’s performances in the next races. Hopefully Mattia stays at home.

It's great to see that Bahrain will have 3 practices again! I'm sure Charles is happy to know he can do his thing getting ready for quali. and the race.