Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12374849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Yup. Looks like RedBull following the Merc strategy.

Who do you think will replace Checo at the end of next year?

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Who do you think will replace Checo at the end of next year?
    If Checo proves his worth at RedBull against Max or bests Max (possible) then Checo will get an extension.

If not, Albon falls back into his seat. It could also be Tsunoda that comes from Alpha Tauri IF he proves better than Gasly.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I don't really think they hired Perez to match Max. I think they want Perez to be a steady points scorer and to be near the front so maybe they can use him the way Merc use Bottas. Split strategies and under cuts etc. and maybe run some interference for Max.
    Their issue is that they really don't have the car margin over us, McLaren, Renault and Aston Martin for that to really work considering Pérez' mediocre qualifying pace.

I don't really think they hired Perez to match Max. I think they want Perez to be a steady points scorer and to be near the front so maybe they can use him the way Merc use Bottas. Split strategies and under cuts etc. and maybe run some interference for Max.
    Perez just has to beat Bottas in the points for RedBull to win the WCC title....So Max comes in 2nd and Perez 3rd or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    LOOKS like a replacement for Camilleri

Fiat Chrysler's Manley in pole position for Ferrari CEO job, paper says

MILAN -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Mike Manley is in pole position to take over the top job at Ferrari, Italian daily Il Messaggero said.

Names of possible candidates to lead Ferrari are emerging in the Italian press after the automaker said on Thursday that Louis Camilleri, 65, was retiring as CEO with immediate effect. Camilleri is recovering at home from COVID-19 after a spell in hospital.

Ferrari and FCA Chairman John Elkann, the scion of Italy's Agnelli family, is leading Ferrari on an interim basis until a permanent successor is found.

Elkann, who is CEO of Exor, the family's investment company that controls Ferrari, could entrust the automaker, the family's most valuable asset, to Manley Il Messaggero said in the unsourced report published on Saturday.

Manley's long auto industry experience could revive Ferrari's fortunes in Formula One racing, the paper said. Ferrari has not won a F1 championship race all year and is in 6th place currently, heading for the team's worst performance since 1980.

Ferrari and FCA declined to comment on the report.

According to Il Messaggero, a board meeting at Ferrari next week could name a new CEO.

Ferrari is due to hold a pre-scheduled board meeting on Tuesday.

A spokesman for F1 on Friday dismissed rumors that the former head of Ferrari's racing team and ex-Lamborghini chief Stefano Domenicali could take Camilleri's role, saying Domenicali was looking forward to starting his new job as F1 CEO on Jan. 1 as planned.

Besides Domenicali, Italian media have cited Maserati's chief operating officer, Davide Grasso, as a possible candidate to be Ferrari CEO.

Fiat Chrysler is set to merge with Peugeot maker PSA Group by the end of the first quarter of next year. The CEO post at the new group, Stellantis, will be taken by PSA CEO Carlos Tavares. Elkann will be Stellantis chairman. FCA has not said what role Manley will have with Stellantis.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...job-paper-says

Mike Manley will not be the CEO of Ferrari

Mike Manley, whom many considered one of the favorites to take over from Louis Camilleri at the helm of Ferrari, has fallen off the list of future Maranello 'capos'.

Manley, current CEO of FCA, will take care of the interests of Stellantis - the conglomerate that will emerge next January with the merger of PSA and FCA, that is, the Peugeot and Fiat-Chrysler groups - in America, from the United States and Canada to Brazil and Argentina.

Manley, although British, knows the US market well. The spectacular development of Jeep - not only in North America but in the global market - and that of RAM, turned into an independent brand, are his works.

"We are very close to having Stellantis operational. Mike Manley will continue to play a fundamental role in the organization. Mike has done an extraordinary job at FCA, he is a promoter who has played a key role in this merger and his understanding with Carlos Tavares is absolute, both have common horizons, "said John Elkann in a letter to all FCA employees.

In it, Elkann affirms that "Mike Manley will assume, after the merger of FCA and PSA, the role of 'Head of Americas'", a capital position given the position of the Stellantis brands in these markets.

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Their issue is that they really don't have the car margin over us, McLaren, Renault and Aston Martin for that to really work considering Pérez' mediocre qualifying pace.
    Doesnt matter. If Perez can run near the front still gives RB options with pit stops and undercuts that they didn't have with Albon running towards the middle or rear fthe pack.

Went to McLaren, didn't want to wait. disaster year for him.
    It would have been disaster years at Ferrari anyway.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

If Checo proves his worth at RedBull against Max or bests Max (possible) then Checo will get an extension.

If not, Albon falls back into his seat. It could also be Tsunoda that comes from Alpha Tauri IF he proves better than Gasly.
    I don't see how they'd bring back a driver who has already failed and who hasn't been racing hence cannot prove himself, when there will be race-fit options available, including Checo himself. In my opinion RBR have effectively ended Albon's career. There are decent talents coming through from F2 as well. Also, if Gasly does well next year he'll be ahead of Albon on the options list surely.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I don't see how they'd bring back a driver who has already failed and who hasn't been racing hence cannot prove himself, when there will be race-fit options available, including Checo himself. In my opinion RBR have effectively ended Albon's career. There are decent talents coming through from F2 as well. Also, if Gasly does well next year he'll be ahead of Albon on the options list surely.
    RedBull is just keeping their options open. They're keeping Albon as reserve driver for next year and are willing to work with Albon...possibly for one more season so he could prove himself against Max.

Gasly's year was 2020 with Alpha Tauri and did exceptinally well with the team. He would be the last option for RedBull. Let's see how Tsunoda does against Gasly in his rookie year with Alpha Tauri.

RedBull is just keeping their options open. They're keeping Albon as reserve driver for next year and are willing to work with Albon...possibly for one more season so he could prove himself against Max.

Gasly's year was 2020 with Alpha Tauri and did exceptinally well with the team. He would be the last option for RedBull. Let's see how Tsunoda does against Gasly in his rookie year with Alpha Tauri.
    That's what I'm saying doesn't make sense. RBR is not a driving school, it's a top tier racing team. They're not in the business to help struggling drivers get better, they want to win the championship and they want the best available drivers in their cars. I can't see what could possibly make them turn around in 2022 and say, "Albon is the best driver to partner Max," especially when he hasn't been racing for a year.
    Forza Ferrari

That's what I'm saying doesn't make sense. RBR is not a driving school, it's a top tier racing team. They're not in the business to help struggling drivers get better, they want to win the championship and they want the best available drivers in their cars. I can't see what could possibly make them turn around in 2022 and say, "Albon is the best driver to partner Max," especially when he hasn't been racing for a year.
    That ideology has changed with Albon. Albon is Thai....hello!!!!

That ideology has changed with Albon. Albon is Thai....hello!!!!
    Well they dropped him, didn't they? I personally think all this sweet talk is just that. It's PR. Albon is done. F1 waits for no one.
    Forza Ferrari

Well they dropped him, didn't they? I personally think all this sweet talk is just that. It's PR. Albon is done. F1 waits for no one.
    RedBull is 51% owned by a Thailand family....that's why RedBull is keeping Albon.

You obviously have'nt watched F1 long enough to see some drivers stay in F1 long enough due to money, country or because of a past F1 driver lineage.

RedBull is 51% owned by a Thailand family....that's why RedBull is keeping Albon.

You obviously have'nt watched F1 long enough to see some drivers stay in F1 long enough due to money, country or because of a past F1 driver lineage.
    That's why I'm saying the whole keeping Albon story is just PR. They are 51% Thai owned but they still dropped him. Being Thai owned doesn't suddenly mean the objectives of the whole team change to a driving school and not a top tier team. There are British, Italian and German teams and drivers all along the paddock. This common nationality thing is nothing new. Again, they've dropped him already, there's no conceivable reason to bring him back from the sidelines. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's very unlikely. All this positive talk is PR.

(Try and make your point without making assumptions about how long I've watched F1, lest you end up making a fool of yourself.)
    Forza Ferrari

That's why I'm saying the whole keeping Albon story is just PR. They are 51% Thai owned but they still dropped him. Being Thai owned doesn't suddenly mean the objectives of the whole team change to a driving school and not a top tier team. There are British, Italian and German teams and drivers all along the paddock. This common nationality thing is nothing new. Again, they've dropped him already, there's no conceivable reason to bring him back from the sidelines. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's very unlikely. All this positive talk is PR.

(Try and make your point without making assumptions about how long I've watched F1, lest you end up making a fool of yourself.)
    Money trumps talent.

F1 family history trumps talent.

Country of origin from the sponsor and the F1 driver trumps talent.

That's been the history of F1.......I suggest you get used to it.

Money trumps talent.

F1 family history trumps talent.

Country of origin from the sponsor and the F1 driver trumps talent.

That's been the history of F1.......I suggest you get used to it.
    Yet they dropped him. Chew upon that.

They have a junior team, yet they relegated him all the way down to simulator driver. So much for money, family history and country of origin!
    Forza Ferrari

Yet they dropped him. Chew upon that.

They have a junior team, yet they relegated him all the way down to simulator driver. So much for money, family history and country of origin!
    They put Albon on the sidelines for a better experienced and consistent driver whom also brings sponsership money......good tactical move for Redbull in the short term AND if Checo proves himself against Max, Checo could get an extension deal provided he adapts to the 2022 regs.

IF Perez does not prove himself.....RedBull has options regarding Albon or Tsunoda.......possibly Gasly. Albon has the backing of Dieter M., Horner, and Marko to include the Thai family. Albon got put to the side for a better driver.

Let's not assume that Red Bull won't bring Albon back. Kvyat got another chance after being away for a year. Alonso is making a return. Kimi came back after a sabbatical. Hulkenberg filled in for some races. Maybe Perez will suck against Max and they may have no choice but to bring back Albon. Never say never.

They put Albon on the sidelines for a better experienced and consistent driver whom also brings sponsership money......good tactical move for Redbull in the short term AND if Checo proves himself against Max, Checo could get an extension deal provided he adapts to the 2022 regs.

IF Perez does not prove himself.....RedBull has options regarding Albon or Tsunoda.......possibly Gasly. Albon has the backing of Dieter M., Horner, and Marko to include the Thai family. Albon got put to the side for a better driver.
    Could go back to AlphaTauri?

Let's not assume that Red Bull won't bring Albon back. Kvyat got another chance after being away for a year. Alonso is making a return. Kimi came back after a sabbatical. Hulkenberg filled in for some races. Maybe Perez will suck against Max and they may have no choice but to bring back Albon. Never say never.
    Fair enough.
    I won't say never but I will say unlikely. Most of the examples you used had proved themselves as quick F1 drivers whereas Albon has not (I'm not sure about Kvyat to be honest). But yes, you are right. It is possible.
    Forza Ferrari

Question: is it possible for an F1 driver to go back to F2?
    Forza Ferrari

R Bull needs to bring back Honda.

Question: is it possible for an F1 driver to go back to F2?
    Sirotkin tested for ART before the start of 2020. So, as long as you aren't a champion, you can go back any time you want but if you are a champion, you will have to wait for 2 years to do so.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Ferrari to set up Haas hub in Maranello

Due to the upcoming budget cap, Ferrari is going to cut its workforce. Part of the Ferrari staff will leave for Haas, which will also have its own branch in Ferrari's home base in Maranello.

Ferrari staff to Haas

Earlier it was announced that top engineer Simone Resta will move to Haas, but now it becomes clear that more staff will make the switch to the American team. This way, these employees don't have to move for their new job.

"These people will be working in a separate building, and will not have access to the Scuderia Ferrari building. It's separate and it will stay that way," said Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto to Motorsport.com.

He also says that Haas will just remain a customer team. "They will remain our customers. Some of our people are joining their team, which is a great opportunity for Haas. I think this will strengthen their organisation, also in the technical area," says Binotto.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

A good move. Will help them to fight in the midfield if they develop a competitive car.

Sounds like Ferrari finally getting their s..t together. Between Haas, Alfa and Ferrari, should be lots of different concepts they can try and also verify them with different wind tunnels.

Sounds like Ferrari finally getting their s..t together. Between Haas, Alfa and Ferrari, should be lots of different concepts they can try and also verify them with different wind tunnels.
    Hopefully the FIA don't devise a way to spoil the party.
    Forza Ferrari

Looks like Mazepin's social media stunt has been swept under the rug.

He drives with HAAS next to Mick in 2021. Back to business as usual.

Things money can buy these days huh .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!