Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

That was last years engine to test aero. Now they will mount the real thing in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    That was last years engine to test aero. Now they will mount the real thing in it...
    Yeah whatever...keep telling yourself that and one day you’ll believe it
    Of course it had to be the new engine....hopefully there’s nothing major fundamentally wrong with it and just that maybe it was pushed to the max settings, which ideally you would not do only in qualy maybe
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari was targeting 200 laps today with Vettel, will end up with 120.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah whatever...keep telling yourself that and one day you’ll believe it
    Of course it had to be the new engine....hopefully there’s nothing major fundamentally wrong with it and just that maybe it was pushed to the max settings, which ideally you would not do only in qualy maybe
    Duh... Of course it's the new engine

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Duh... Of course it's the new engine
    Had to make sure, wasn’t sure if it was a sarcasm from your part or not.....lol
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Binotto not to optimistic about 2020.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

K-Mag in the gravel.....Redflag
    It's not how start but how you finish.

DAS will be banned by FIA from 2021

Dual-axis steering, also known as DAS, will only be available for use until the end of the 2020 season before the FIA enforces a blanket ban.

Mercedes were the talk of the paddock on Thursday when Lewis Hamilton debuted the innovative system which allowed him to push and pull his steering wheel to manipulate the toe of the wheels when navigating straights and corners.

The Silver Arrows will have no doubt caused a scramble amongst other teams to start looking into whether they can implement the same system on their 2020 cars, but they may well have second thoughts now that the DAS system is not going to be around for very long.

Mercedes has effectively been able to sneak this system in for this season knowing that the FIA’s intended regulations for next season will ban such a system being used.

Article 10.5 of F1’s 2021 technical regulations states: “The realignment of the steered wheels, as defined by the position of the inboard attachment of the relevant suspensions members that remain a fixed distance from each other, must be uniquely defined by a monotonic function of the rotational position of a single steering wheel.”
    ADVERTISING

Autosport has received confirmation that this regulation would spell the end of DAS.

F1’s managing director, Ross Brawn, recently said that the governing bodies will be able to be more effective in shutting down loopholes going forward.

“If one team stands out there with a solution that had never been conceived and had never been imagined, and destroys the whole principle of what’s trying to be done, the governance would allow, with sufficient support from the other teams, to stop it,” he said.

“And this is a whole different philosophy.

“And what then happens, someone who has a loophole thinks to themselves, do I want to use it and risk it being stopped? Or do I want to tell the FIA about it because it wasn’t intended?”
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/das-banned/

---

If Ferrari had done this Hamilton fans would be screaming CHEATERS - now they will be rejoicing and celebrating another walk in the park title! Shame there will be no competition this year either. Probably would not have been anyway though. The issue is that with this kind of innovation, F1 will become even more about the car, not the driver, which is not the way to go.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    DAS will be banned by FIA from 2021

https://www.planetf1.com/news/das-banned/

---

If Ferrari had done this Hamilton fans would be screaming CHEATERS - now they will be rejoicing and celebrating another walk in the park title! Shame there will be no competition this year either. Probably would not have been anyway though. The issue is that with this kind of innovation, F1 will become even more about the car, not the driver, which is not the way to go.
    Yeah but Hamilton will get all the praise that due to his pure talent has won yet another WDC and will be on par with Michael

This makes me sick how the MIA lets this go through, yet if it were US doing it, Merc for sure would have complained and cried to the FIA to have it banned immediately b4 the season started....makes me sick to my stomach

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Binotto not to optimistic about 2020.

Would you be??? After seeing Impressive innovations brought by Mercedes...and this is only what we can see, who knows what else they have.....yet we showed up with the same crappy front wing we had at the end of 2019.....oh and we copied mercs mirrors from 2019 also.....ohhhhhh let’s praise Binotto.....NOT!!!

Why did not the FIA just shut down Mercedes at first mention of the system? Merc has mentioned they have been in regular contact with the FIA during the process of developing DAS.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Any links to watch live?

So I think they still have a big problem.they will only be able to use it in quali or the race not both because of parc fermet.cant change the car in any way after quali.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Why did not the FIA just shut down Mercedes at first mention of the system? Merc has mentioned they have been in regular contact with the FIA during the process of developing DAS.
    Exactly my point....it’s not ok to use for 2021, but is just fine for 2020??
    I sell something fishy here....if the FIA knew about this ever since Merc development fase, they could have told them then and there that such sistem is not legal....

All non merc powered teams should protest. This is absurd.

I sell something fishy here....if the FIA knew about this ever since Merc development fase, they could have told them then and there that such sistem is not legal....
    Very reminiscent of the start of the tubo era. Give Merc an advantage, freeze the regulations so no other team even has a slight chance at being competitive. Right now they are giving them an advantage and making sure no other team wastes money on the development of the system by banning it next year. What a joke. Why even show up to Australia? Hamilton’s 7 titles were written in stone years ago.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

It is legal with the current rules that is why.

2021 rules are different.

It isn’t hard to understand.

People are reporting that SF1000 is 8 tenths slower than Mercedes. Binotto himself has said that rivals are faster. I hope the current car isn't slower than Racing Point.

Lots of work has been done on SF1000, now there is no point in developing it further. Time has come to devote 100% resources to 2021 car and abandon SF1000 which is a sinking ship.

Better to focus on innovations on 2021 car like DAS on W11 among others.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    People are reporting that SF1000 is 8 tenths slower than Mercedes. Binotto himself has said that rivals are faster. I hope the current car isn't slower than Racing Point.

Lots of work has been done on SF1000, now there is no point in developing it further. Time has come to devote 100% resources to 2021 car and abandon SF1000 which is a sinking ship.

If that is the truth I agree we should focus entirely on 2021.

But who are these people ??

Well done Mattia! Young team right? Toddlers I presume. Better bin it and work on 2021. But I am not very confident that they produce a championship winning car. It's 2009 all over again...

Two or three races than better to work for 2021.

Binotto is useless not only has he got rid of the horizontal structure which Maurizio commited to so more people are involved in all stages of the design manufacture and components to a top down structure. He effectively wanted the top job at Ferrari effectively pushing out MA and since he's been in charge we have dropped the ball big time. At least with MA there was natural progression in terms of performance and focusing more on the team. He is an engine guy, I suppose Ferrari could have effectively said okay and enforced gardening leave for two years and then he could have gone to another team but there is too much politics at Ferrari that's why they will struggle against the efficient, well structured Merc team +MIA. If he drops the ball this season and next season then I'm afraid he has to go because a man with his experience needs to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    If that is the truth I agree we should focus entirely on 2021.

But who are these people ??
    if that is indeed true, i expect Binotto to resign by the end of the first couple of races.....i expect the italian media to EAT HIM ALIVE.....if we're that much slower then mercedes

Unfortunately, this is what I told you guys few days ago. Its a pace of development, in and out of season. We are always behind, thats a fact. Now, I do think Merc look mighty unbeatable even for RB (with matching engine), but still...we are a bit too conservative and slow to react. Told you, car nose looks 2016.

"Oh its not about the looks". Except, it is. We are not pushing the boundaries on ENTIRE car, we have great packaging, but our suspension is just implementing what RB and Merc had last year. This year, we are already step behind RB and two behind Merc on that front. Its just what it is, too conservative.

"Oh, narrow nose only brings 1-2%". Yea, but that just tells you we are calculating, not pushing things in all directions. Its unfortunate, but there is no disappointment for me, as I knew from moment I saw RB and especially Merc, our chance is 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post

read the news brotha....DAS will be banned from 2021 onwards,,,,,thansk to the FIA.....or shoudl i say MIA.....they allow it because Merc has it and they know it costs too much money for other teams to implement it in their cars and get it working properly....

sad but true

Completely gutted to hear Mattia speak like this. Either he is sandbagging harder than Merc has done in the past or he has already thrown in the towel. Sad times ahead for tifosi.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...sting/4690538/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Completely gutted to hear Mattia speak like this. Either he is sandbagging harder than Merc has done in the past or he has already thrown in the towel. Sad times ahead for tifosi.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...sting/4690538/
    i personally don't think he's sandbagging....he doesn't have it in him....he's not roothless like TOTO....maybe it's 100% truth coming from him and already accepting defeat....even though the season hasn't even started yet????

i truly hope it's not true, and like you i hope he's bluffing....otherwise i cannot watch another merc "walk in the park" season wiht hamster winning another WDC.....i'd rather watch curling or underwater bowling
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 21st February 2020 at 14:22.

Bad season i ever seen from 1999 all pessimistic SKY sport say that Mercedes is 1,4 faster from other.What did the FOM and FIA they want to kill this F1 and all interest to 2020 season? Or all this for BIG SHOW?

So now Binotto comfirmed that his masterpiece which was designed from the ground up but somehow looks the same as last year is slower than the direct competition again. With the claims of Ferrari throwing huge money into this season, it looks like it's not just about money. There is something rotten deep in the Ferrari as even the people Who were blamed for the nad results and were sacked for it are now being succesfull in other teams (like Alison in Mercedes...). I am actually furious, this is beyond embarrassing and I really hope He is just kidding

We, the Ferrari, only with our incompetence, let Mercedes to demolish our records and record of Michael Schumacher. Shame

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I do hope Binotto is just telling jokes.