Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

We have been saying that Ferrari should abandon this year's car and focus on next years for a decade. A decade of disappointment.

I hope I am proven wrong come Melbourne but we all know what will happen. The team is fundamentally effed. Changing the leader has done nothing. This goes beyond who is in charge, the problem is deeper and systemic.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    We have been saying that Ferrari should abandon this year's car and focus on next years for a decade. A decade of disappointment.

I hope I am proven wrong come Melbourne but we all know what will happen. The team is fundamentally effed. Changing the leader has done nothing. This goes beyond who is in charge, the problem is deeper and systemic.
    Something is very rotten at Ferrari and have been like that since Schumi, Brawn and Co has left

Dont fall for this who in there right mind would concede like this hes the leader take with a grain of salt you never let your competition know ware u stand let alone on the 3rd day of the first day

AGREED.

I'm tired of the hyperbole regarding Mercedes on this board. They're competing, developing and driving better than Ferrari, simple as that. We know what that's like because that is what FERRARI has done in the past and is SUPPOSED to do.

Posters need to stop whinging about the "MIA". That's nonsense and we all know it.

This team, and us fans, need to take a long look in the mirror and see what has lead us here. What has lead us from being proud champions with perfect race craft and strategy to a group which is passive, meek and a 'blame the opposition' culture.

FORZA.

Well there's plenty of evidence that FIA has been rather mild towards Mercedes. And very quick to pyt monitoring devices on our car to satisfy the competition.

We could use this car for formula 2 and at least win that championship.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly my point....it’s not ok to use for 2021, but is just fine for 2020??
    I sell something fishy here....if the FIA knew about this ever since Merc development fase, they could have told them then and there that such sistem is not legal....
    I see a coherent and perfect reaction at FIA, DAS is legal by the current rules and you cannot change them for this year, but FIA doesn't want DAS so when Mercedes asked about the legality of the system (about a year ago?) FIA quietly changed the 2021 rules to turn it illegal.
    The 2021 rules were written months ago, I bet noone besides Merc noticed why the wording was changed.

Not going to join the chorus of doom'n gloom here. Going to wait for the actual race weekend to judge the car's true performance.

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    AGREED.

I'm tired of the hyperbole regarding Mercedes on this board. They're competing, developing and driving better than Ferrari, simple as that. We know what that's like because that is what FERRARI has done in the past and is SUPPOSED to do.

Posters need to stop whinging about the "MIA". That's nonsense and we all know it.

This team, and us fans, need to take a long look in the mirror and see what has lead us here. What has lead us from being proud champions with perfect race craft and strategy to a group which is passive, meek and a 'blame the opposition' culture.

FORZA.

I agree. Some of the conspiracy theories posted on this board are beyond ridiculous. A word of advise to those doing the posting; it makes you sound like a bunch of idiotic crybabys.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniorUS View Post

I agree. Some of the conspiracy theories posted on this board are beyond ridiculous. A word of advise to those doing the posting; it makes you sound like a bunch of idiotic crybabys.
    Oh come on. Crybabies really? We should have made a step forwards not backwards.

Why is it so hard to fathom that cheating could exist in F1? Are they immune to the bribery and scandals that plague other sports? Soccer has been fixed for years in many different aspects, and we accept it. Yet when we speak of F1 we must be idiots? Check yourself prior to calling others names. The world is not all butterflies and roses, money talks and cheating happens. Just ask Juventus, FIFA or the Houston Astros.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Oh come on. Crybabies really? We should have made a step forwards not backwards.
    or maybe there's an extra lever in the cockpit labeled "hand break", which both drivers forgot to release....maybe that's why our laptimes are so slow.....ha, ha..
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I suspect that he is serious. Testing has been beyond sand bagging there will be a lot of soul searching going on at maranallo.I just trust that the all show no go syndrome does not haunt Ferrari this year.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I suspect that he is serious. Testing has been beyond sand bagging there will be a lot of soul searching going on at maranallo.I just trust that the all show no go syndrome does not haunt Ferrari this year.
    well ferrari did put a good show in Reggio Emilia....it was good while it lasted; now Merc will take over and show US how it's done on track for 2020 season....wouldh't surprise me if they won ALL the races
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Im staying positive, I beleive we are taking a different aproach to winter testing this year, next week we will show our true hand, we will be in the mix, we are just learning and understanding the car,

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Why is it so hard to fathom that cheating could exist in F1? Are they immune to the bribery and scandals that plague other sports? Soccer has been fixed for years in many different aspects, and we accept it. Yet when we speak of F1 we must be idiots? Check yourself prior to calling others names. The world is not all butterflies and roses, money talks and cheating happens. Just ask Juventus, FIFA or the Houston Astros.
    Of course cheating exists. Motorsports, by it's nature, is bending the rules and interpreting them in way to best benefit you. Mercedes is doing this better than we are in this generation of cars. We did it better before. We need to get back to more of that.

I'm not sure what you're arguing.

It seems like we're doing heavy, long runs right now with Seb. Refreshing that we're not trying to "win the testing championship" by doing fast laps and winning the newspaper headlines. Let's sort the car out. Let's build it up and give the best weapon to Seb and Charles that we can.

The idea that the FIA appear to favor Merc and Hamilton in the last few years is far from a conspiracy theory. There is quite a bit of evidence to suggest that they do.

Autosport saying tyre degradation on Ferrari is quite a bit worse compared to rivals Mercedes and Red Bull.

Another reason the merc steering system is illegal. Anyone rember this?
    https://youtu.be/m41gYuO2nYA

Racing is life and life is a risk - Michael schumacher

This is worrying to me. Very consistent, very little drop off in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumyboy83 View Post
    Another reason the merc steering system is illegal. Anyone rember this?
    https://youtu.be/m41gYuO2nYA
    That only proves the traditional steering shaft has a failure point and thus you would have to suggest that everyone's steering shaft is illegal and only Mercedes' is legal given it has a 100% safety record so far. There's nothing going to be illegal on the DAS in terms of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Autosport saying tyre degradation on Ferrari is quite a bit worse compared to rivals Mercedes and Red Bull.
    Did they solve anything, hahahahahha incompetent from top to bottom

The idea that the FIA appear to favor Merc and Hamilton in the last few years is far from a conspiracy theory. There is quite a bit of evidence to suggest that they do.
    What, exactly, is your "evidence"? I'm willing to bet it sounds a lot like the whining from those I just described.

it looks like they did try the OLD front wing today....aka 2019

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photos...000-/47059418/

The more I see of this car the more I'm confused about what they're doing and what's actually going on. You can't do back-to-back correlations using an old front wing on a NEW car. It simply doesn't work like that.

to me ferrari looks like they're totally lost and now are scrambling for answers....this is NOT good
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 21st February 2020 at 16:50.

This is already getting depressing when even Binotto is saying we're off the pace, as if we can't see that for ourselves. I couldn't care less whether Hamilton gets his 7th WDC as we all know it's been down to the car and team more than any other factor. What I do care about is Ferrari's continuous inability to stop Merc's dominance, Red Bull are closer than us and so seemingly are Racing Point and their pink Merc. Next week's testing had better be more positive, otherwise Binotto may find himself being sand-bagged by the Italian media and the tifosi.

The more I see of this car the more I'm confused about what they're doing and what's actually going on. You can't do back-to-back correlations using an old front wing on a NEW car. It simply doesn't work like that.

to me ferrari looks like they're totally lost and now are scrambling for answers....this is NOT good
    When did Ferrari get a new front wing? As far as I know, the launch car used the front wing from late 2019 and Ferrari hasn't brought a new one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Something is very rotten at Ferrari and have been like that since Schumi, Brawn and Co has left
    Bring back Ross Brawn.

Good Lord!! Can we at least wait for just ONE Grand Prix before we all start jumping off of bridges?

What, exactly, is your "evidence"? I'm willing to bet it sounds a lot like the whining from those I just described.
    There are plenty of examples of unequal treatment of Merc v other teams as well as Hamilton v other drivers. Incidents which result in penalties for other drivers result in no penalty for Hamilton. Instances of other teams exploiting the rules only to have the innovation immediately banned or scrutinized while other grey areas exploited by Merc go unchallenged. Shall we talk about Merc's illegal tire test which resulted in barely a slap on the wrist?

If you think that the FIA in not complicit in this, you have got to me joking me. "Conspiracy theory" is a term used by those who are unable or unwilling to explore the possibility that their beliefs may be wrong. Don't discount the possibility just because it may alter your world view.

Of course you can, and it's a completely normal procedure. That's what Ferrari and every other team does when they introduce new parts, or test correlations between the old and new parts.
    And it's not that hard to follow Ferrari's testing plan. All you had to do was read what the drivers were saying. They're trying to learn more about the car, which means throwing different setup's at it and see how it behaves.

And read what Binotto said, he "thinks" Ferrari are behind, because he like everyone else, has know idea about the true pecking order. Let's say Ferrari ends up 0.1-0.2 sec behind Mercedes at Australia, would you consider that result as failure? because I wouldn't.