Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Good lap by Seb, the car looks stable in the all types of corners. Have a good feeling about this year.

http://scuderiafans.com/watch-onboar...JjVnLpOHwySLz8
    Well he's done 1:16:841 with C5 ,so no flat out . We can't really know how it will react, when they really push it!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

2020 will be a very tight year expect the unexpected to rear its head on many occasions through out the season.

So why don't we use our 2019 package on low DF circuits and our new 2020 car on other circuits.

Simple not?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Sorry to anyone who has read this already of F1 Technical, I cant be bothered typing more... but here is my opinion

Talking about engine modes, Vettel said:

"We also turned up the power every now and then. But in laps where nobody was looking."

So he acknowledges they’re disguising their max power. This also ties in with what Binotto said about the Mercedes comments - they ARE using all their engine modes, just in ways that ensure people can’t tell. For example, low power (maybe race) engine modes on low fuel, high engine modes (Maybe quali) on high fuel.

This allows them to assess tire wear, engine performance, etc, while still disguising max pace.

This also addresses the ‘drag’ issue. Read between the lines. Everything they’re saying is true - they have more downforce and therefore more drag. It’s the media that has extrapolated ‘more drag’ to mean a ‘drag catastrophe’. Remember last week when Seb clocked 329kmh? Now this week 309 max?

I DO think they’re behind, but I DO think they’re sandbagging. I think Australia will be close.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    So why don't we use our 2019 package on low DF circuits and our new 2020 car on other circuits.

Simple not?
    Because they are lying to us about speed I saw big smiles and blinking eyes in the garage at the end of the day. That's true, take a look at instagram

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    Because they are lying to us about speed I saw big smiles and blinking eyes in the garage at the end of the day. That's true, take a look at instagram
    As silly as it sounds, you may be right. If you watch Ferrari’s Instagram Stories from today, Seb seems happy, cool, and cheeky as he talks to Binotto and fist pumps the mechanics with a wink.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Typical media circus full of empty chatter.If they can't get the truth they fabricate a version of it.Ferrari are playing a brilliant game of f1 pocker, complete with winks hand gestures etc it's great how Ferrari have them all guessing.The approach this year is spectacular. The hand gestures go back to when Ferrari fired up the 2020 engine, take a trip down memory lane and look at the engineers hand at the conclussion.This has been the approach it's called coded sherades.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Typical media circus full of empty chatter.If they can't get the truth they fabricate a version of it.Ferrari are playing a brilliant game of f1 pocker, complete with winks hand gestures etc it's great how Ferrari have them all guessing.The approach this year is spectacular. The hand gestures go back to when Ferrari fired up the 2020 engine, take a trip down memory lane and look at the engineers hand at the conclussion.This has been the approach it's called coded sherades.
    I mean let’s not get too cocky. We, too, can only speculate. I certainly HOPE that we’re playing a great game of poker, but it’s also possible we aren’t.

No offence to you personally, but posts like this are why everyone (particularly on this forum) can get so negative so quickly if/when things don’t go according to a particular narrative.

I’m staying positive, hoping for the best, and putting my confidence in the team. Will we be the best? I don’t know, nor do you, so please don’t post in such a way that makes it seem like gospel. You my friend are guessing - just like the rest of us.

Meh...I'm expecting us to be behind Mercedes at the first GP. Considering where Ferrari were at Abu Dhabi, there's no way they've leapfrogged Mercedes within just 3 months. Red Bull on the other hand always likes to over-hypes themselves, sure Max is always a threat during the race...but there's nothing suggest we are behind Red Bull.

I'm also happy to hear that Ferrari have improved their cornering speed, sure it may be draggy but I'd always take a high downforce car over a low drag car every time.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Meh...I'm expecting us to be behind Mercedes at the first GP. Considering where Ferrari were at Abu Dhabi, there's no way they've leapfrogged Mercedes within just 3 months. Red Bull on the other hand always likes to over-hypes themselves, sure Max is always a threat during the race...but there's nothing suggest we are behind Red Bull.

I'm also happy to hear that Ferrari have improved their cornering speed, sure it may be draggy but I'd always take a high downforce car over a low drag car every time.
    That Ferrari is awful,the amount of understeer is unbelievable

Any live feed links available?
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    That Ferrari is awful,the amount of understeer is unbelievable
    Car heavy with fuel tends to understeer.

does anyone knows the difference in lap times between tyre compounds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yeah I agree, but as a fan, I wish it would happen so that I can at least cheer for some form of a Ferrari victory...
    But that's the thing, it would not be a Ferrari victory.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    No, this is real pace.
    No it is not, not if we don't run normal engine modes.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    does anyone knows the difference in lap times between tyre compounds ?

tyre differencies if you want to do some time corrections:
    C5 - 0.5s - C4 - 0.3s - C3 - 0.25s - C2
    It's not how start but how you finish.

The car looks awful to drive really. It's so unstable, nervous... The only hope I guess is that we are running full of fuel, but... why would we? There is no sense in doing that.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Told you all...Everyone bar Ferrari powered cars turned out very much changed after winter break. No wonder Alfa, Haas and Ferrari had a smallest improvement compared to rest of the field. Car looks...bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The car looks awful to drive really. It's so unstable, nervous... The only hope I guess is that we are running full of fuel, but... why would we? There is no sense in doing that.
    There's every bit of sense in doing that during the winter testing. As I said before, people are going to believe whatever they want to believe. Some of you have already made up your minds and think SF1000 is a midfield car and it will battle it out with the likes of Mclaren, Copying point or Renault...or even Williams. Well believe whatever pleases you.

AMuS

Mercedes engine issues: 1st week: MGU-H (Bottas), ICE (Latifi)
    2nd week: no oil pressure that damaged the engine (Latifi), signs of oil pressure loss on Hamilton's power unit too, which is why the software switched off the engine.

Last week Ferrari had a problem with the lubrication system. Why does Ferrari still not turn up the engine? Only Haas & Alfa are allowed to use higher engine modes.

Honda also had a problem with the power unit in the first week. The Honda engine had issues with the injectors (suspected production defects) which is why the power units were checked, repaired and reinstalled a day later.

It seems only the Renault engine had no issues...

Leclerc is 0.291 off in sector 1... PURPLE S2 0.131 off... eases off in the final sector but posts a 1:16.456 on C5 tyres

It's the same old story every year. People, when they see Ferrari are not topping the winter testing timing screen think we're struggling. Calm down, Ferrari may be not as quick as the Mercedes but they are not slower than Renault or any other midfield team.

Yet another Red Bull spin....But yeah, they're faster than us and gonna beat Mercedes this year...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leclerc is 0.291 off in sector 1... PURPLE S2 0.131 off... eases off in the final sector but posts a 1:16.456 on C5 tyres
    Do you have the sector times? I want to see S3

Ricciardo is 0.083 in sector 1... 0.195 in sector 2... 1:16.574

Leclerc on C5 posts a 1:16.360 (slow final sector)

Russell also on C5 tyres posts a 1:16.871 (slow final sector)

Hamilton out on C5 tyres and is 3 tenths off in sector 1.... green S2 +0.409... PURPLE SECTOR 3 - 1:16.500

Taking it easy through the first two sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ricciardo is 0.083 in sector 1... 0.195 in sector 2... 1:16.574

Leclerc on C5 posts a 1:16.360 (slow final sector)

Russell also on C5 tyres posts a 1:16.871 (slow final sector)

Hamilton out on C5 tyres and is 3 tenths off in sector 1.... green S2 +0.409... PURPLE SECTOR 3 - 1:16.500

Taking it easy through the first two sectors.
    Mercedes would light up Sector 1 and 2 when they turn up their engine. If I remember correctly, Hamilton had done a 1.16.8 on C2 last week.

This terrible tyre naming makes no sense, they should revert back to easy to understand past names - Hard, Medium, Soft, Supersoft, Ultrasoft and Hypersoft.

Autosport on Hamilton's 1.16.410

Hamilton's lap time gain really came from the final sector, showing just how sweet handling a car that Mercedes is.

Skysports:

Hamilton was again comfortably quicker through the final sector, but just missed out on Leclerc's leading time.
    For the second year in a row, no one is close to Mercedes in the all important Sector 3.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    There's every bit of sense in doing that during the winter testing. As I said before, people are going to believe whatever they want to believe. Some of you have already made up your minds and think SF1000 is a midfield car and it will battle it out with the likes of Mclaren, Copying point or Renault...or even Williams. Well believe whatever pleases you.
    Why would you want to run tank full of fuel all the time, to not know, how the car would feel lightwight? Tell me, please.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees