Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Pink W10 they say might challenge Ferrari.
    Nothing gets worse than 2014. When Williams over took ferrari on top speed.

If I take this FIA-Ferrari engine issue on other side, it feels like ferrari played it smart to get heads up on 2021 reg change.

As per my opinion, Mercs has sizeable advantage which ferrari might think it’s not catchable & also RB Honda getting into the act. So may be plan for long term where they can outfox the opponent’s come 2021.

RB is solely focused on this season to beat Mercs & to keep Max happy. So there is a tussle between Mercs/Ham & RB/Max.
    Where Mercs will b busy in defending RB. Which gives ferrari some buffer to get early advantage on next year car development. Where ferrari can dominate for longer period. Instead of current 1year challenge.

It’s just my view, as far I read Leclerc comments on title challenge & Binotto words. Also the current FIA-Ferrari saga.

It only looks like a W10 but it isn't a W10. Racing Point will be fighting with McLaren and Renault, nothing more, nothing less.

I wrote on Motorsport my interpretation of this year's Ferrari engine: Binotto stated that it is down on power compared to last year's, which probably means that it will be down on the peak power of last year that they were able to employ when needed. I would take it that this year's engine would have a higher baseline output than last year's but without that steroid boost of power that caught everyone's attention. The team and drivers also keep saying that they expect to be up to speed after a few races, so who knows what they are brewing; literally!

So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    The rumours are that Ferrari aren't running their engine as hard as their customer teams. I wonder if Ferrari have to run their engines at lower modes because of the FIA issue? I can't believe They have to redesign their whole turbo, ICE etc because of the FIA investigation. They were pretty optimistic about the engine at the SF1000 launch so I'm staying positive.
    exactly my thoughts on this.....OZ cannot come fast enough for US to take POLE there
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    exactly my thoughts on this.....OZ cannot come fast enough for US to take POLE there
    Ferrari's Spec 2 PU is coming after 7 races which is also expected to be better than last year's engine unlike current Spec 1. That along with new aerodynamic package (work for which has already started) should hopefully be enough to take pole(s).

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Ferrari's Spec 2 PU is coming after 7 races which is also expected to be better than last year's engine unlike current Spec 1. That along with new aerodynamic package (work for which has already started) should hopefully be enough to take pole(s).
    So you mean we’re gonna suffer for 7 races fighting with “copying point” for 4th until we get a better spec 2 engine?
    I don’t believe that for one second, ferrari is sand bagging big time mate....

There’s no way the Alfa and Haas having or doing 330 + km/h in testing and Ferrari with same engine only doing 305....

I see a lotta sandbagging at Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    I wrote on Motorsport my interpretation of this year's Ferrari engine: Binotto stated that it is down on power compared to last year's, which probably means that it will be down on the peak power of last year that they were able to employ when needed. I would take it that this year's engine would have a higher baseline output than last year's but without that steroid boost of power that caught everyone's attention. The team and drivers also keep saying that they expect to be up to speed after a few races, so who knows what they are brewing; literally!
    Can be low on power, but can be well upgradeable and can have much less consumption, etc.
    Binotto's words can mean really anything. He did not say they will be less competitive.

Boy, I wish come Melbourne Ferrari can smash Pole and win, that will be fun after all the negativity

Boy, I wish come Melbourne Ferrari can smash Pole and win, that will be fun after all the negativity

Pecking order as per Mark Hughes:

Mercedes 1min 15.3sec
    Ferrari 1min 15.4sec
    Red Bull 1min 15.5sec
    Racing Point 1min 16.1sec
    McLaren 1min 16.3sec
    Renault 1min 16.3sec
    AlphaTauri 1min 16.8sec
    Alfa Romeo 1min 16.8sec
    Williams 1min 16.8sec
    Haas 1min 17.0sec

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post