Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

The way this corona virus thanks to the Chinese is travelling could well impact other f1 races.If not dealt with properly Europe could be heavily impacted.Thanks china for the damage you are causing globally at all levels.

Corona V cases spiked in Italy , i hope it does not affect Monza GP in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post
    Corona V cases spiked in Italy , i hope it does not affect Monza GP in the future.

I hope it doesn't cause too many deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post

I hope it doesn't turn out to something like resident evil...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/f1i.c...-form.html/amp

Just wondering do the teams that use ferrari power units have them from the previous year ? And if so
    Could we be turning our new engines right down to hide big gains we have made for the engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/f1i.c...-form.html/amp

Just wondering do the teams that use ferrari power units have them from the previous year ? And if so
    Could we be turning our new engines right down to hide big gains we have made for the engine ?
    As per regulations you are required to provide current spec power units to all customer teams. Besides, you need as much mileage on new spec units to accumulate data.

For sure we have turned down our PU. This week should be interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    As per regulations you are required to provide current spec power units to all customer teams. Besides, you need as much mileage on new spec units to accumulate data.

For sure we have turned down our PU. This week should be interesting though.
    Ohh ok thanks mate wasnt sure , yeah i hope we have something up our sleeve !

Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc will split driving duties in the SF1000 on the first day of the second pre-season test, which runs from Wednesday to Friday at the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit. Sebastian will drive in the morning and his team-mate will take over for the four hours of track time in the afternoon.

Thursday.*Sebastian will drive for all of the second day. Last week, he managed to complete 173 laps in the new car, despite losing 2 hours of track time when the power unit was changed. In fact, the unit which had the problem last Friday has been stripped and checked in Maranello. The fault was traced to a non-structural problem with the lubrication system. It’s not a cause for concern and work to correct it is already underway.

Friday.*Charles will round off pre-season testing for Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow. Last week, he completed 181 laps. Over the upcoming three days, the final session before the season starts in Australia on March 15, the team will start working on performance, while carrying out qualifying and race simulations.

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/articl...0-on-wednesday

Ferrari: new wings and a different engine hood in Barcelona

In the second collective test session scheduled on Wednesday on the Catalan track, the SCuderia will bring an aerodynamic package that has been designed for Australia. It is possible that there is also a change to the rear suspension after the subsidence on the Hauss of Magnussen, since the arms are the same.

In the second Barcelona winter test, Ferrari is destined to change its face: as we had anticipated on Motorsport.com on the Montmelò track, the aerodynamic package with which the Scuderia will compete for the first race of the 2020 world championship in Australia will debut.

Do not expect drastic changes on the SF1000: just to be very clear, we must not think that there may be a narrow nose, following the design of Mercedes and Red Bull.

The Rossa in Spain will bring two new wings (front and rear) to increase the load (the front one that was used in test 1 was the same as the Reggio Emilia presentation), and will show an engine hood that is already an evolution of that much tapered with which Ferrari drove in the first three Catalan days.

And it is by no means excluded that there is an intervention on the rear suspension, after the failure that occurred on Kevin Magnussen's Haas on Friday, when the Dane crashed at turn 7 after a spin due to the breakdown of a carbon kinematic mechanism.

Since the suspensions of the VF-20 are the same as those of the Ferrari SF1000 and Alfa Romeo C39, it is normal that the problem has been addressed and solved by the Maranello technical office to prevent it from happening again.

The Scuderia, therefore, will go and find out what the true potential of the Rossa is with more driven strategies in the fast lap to find out what the true value of the SF1000 is, a single-seater that has so far raised many doubts ...

https://translate.google.com/transla...7/&prev=search
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Same old, same old! Hope for the best whilst fearing the worst! Last year we were the dog's wotsits in testing - then underperformed to an impressive standard.

Just utterly despondent as my other team is Norwich City! [English football/ Premier League fans will understand..]

Attachment 7677Attachment 7677
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Same old, same old! Hope for the best whilst fearing the worst! Last year we were the dog's wotsits in testing - then underperformed to an impressive standard.

Just utterly despondent as my other team is Norwich City! [English football/ Premier League fans will understand..]

Attachment 7677Attachment 7677
    I'm trying to think positive despite all the tales of woe surrounding the first testing performance of the SF1000, and referring to the footie, we seem to be in the same boat as my team is Bournemouth, so I share your worries!! Although I'm not really a footie fan it still gets up my nose to think we're at the wrong end of the table!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I'm trying to think positive despite all the tales of woe surrounding the first testing performance of the SF1000, and referring to the footie, we seem to be in the same boat as my team is Bournemouth, so I share your worries!! Although I'm not really a footie fan it still gets up my nose to think we're at the wrong end of the table!
    Mmm.. think you'll be OK. Rather hope it's Villa that go down with us and Watford. I have a soft spot for Moyes even if I dislike West Ham!!

If Norwich can get promoted back to the Prem at the end of next season AND Ferrari can get their act together, I'll be a happy bunny! #NotAskingALot!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Mmm.. think you'll be OK. Rather hope it's Villa that go down with us and Watford. I have a soft spot for Moyes even if I dislike West Ham!!

If Norwich can get promoted back to the Prem at the end of next season AND Ferrari can get their act together, I'll be a happy bunny! #NotAskingALot!
    Miracles do happen from time to time, Nick, maybe we can pull some bunnies out of the hat and improve even the most doom-laden prospects! Otherwise Binotto may well be labelled a stupid boy, none of us like it up 'em and I suppose the motto should be don't panic! Yet.

I have said this previously on a post .This corona virus could reap trouble for the current f1 season .Ferrari have placed virus measures in place.If not contained the season could be cut dramatically short.Thank you china for your contribution.

Sebastian Vettel came to a stop on the third day of the test, at which point the team had covered around 1,300 kilometres. Team principal Mattia Binotto admitted at the time it was “very early” to have a failure “if you consider the overall mileage so far”.
    The power unit was returned to the team’s base at Maranello for inspection, during which the team discovered the failure was caused by a problem in the lubrication system.

“The unit which had the problem last Friday has been stripped and checked in Maranello,” said the team in a statement. “The fault was traced to a non-structural problem with the lubrication system. It’s not a cause for concern and work to correct it is already underway.”

Vettel is due to get back behind the wheel of the car on Thursday morning before handing over to team mate Charles Leclerc in the afternoon. On Thursday Vettel will be back in the cockpit, and Leclerc will conclude the team’s test on Friday.

Ferrari said they will “start working on performance” during the upcoming test “while carrying out qualifying and race simulations” on their new car.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Vettel: Ferrari never ramped up the engine

Sebastian Vettel has given weight to Mercedes’ claims Ferrari did not turn up the wick in the opening test, saying that’s “not on the agenda”.

Ferrari failed to shine in the first three-day pre-season testing.

Vettel clocked the team’s fastest lap around the Circuit de Catalunya but it was a massive 2.4s down on Valtteri Bottas’ P1 time in the W11.

This led Scuderia team boss Mattia Binotto to tell the media he was “concerned” about Ferrari’s form.

“Looking at the delta pace and eventually what we may assess in terms of fuel load, which you never know in terms of engine modes, etc – looking at the picture relative to ourselves, I think we are not as fast as they are,” he said.

He added: “Do we have any concerns? Certainly yes, when you are not as fast as you would like to be.”

Mercedes, however, came out saying there was a very good reason for Ferrari’s lack of pace.

According to the reigning World Champions, their analysis led to the conclusion that “Ferrari spent this test running their PU consistently at much lower levels than their partner teams.”

Vettel has backed that up.

The German revealed that while Ferrari trialled various engine modes over the course of three days, the Italian stable never “ramped” up the engine.

“You can play around a lot with engine modes etcetera,” he told reporters.

“Right now the target is not to prove the maximum power of the engine, the target is to do as many laps as possible.

“Obviously, we’ve done a lot in terms of mileage on the benches to make sure the car is reliable.

“But ramping up the engine and so on, it’s probably not something you want to do in testing and certainly not to show everyone.

“It’s not on the agenda as far as I know.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebast...tel-ferrari-2/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

It pains me to say this, but maybe it's time Ferrari entered into a partnership with Red Bull to supply them with their engines. It's clear that Ferrari's core competency is engineering and less design/aerodynamics/suspensions, etc... the team, over the last decade, has proven it simply cannot take the next step. 2021 will be a reset year and Ferrari has not adapted well to changes over the last 15 years.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Ferrari will never partner with any one.Win alone loose alone that's the magic of Ferrari, and the mystery the prancing horse creates year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari will never partner with any one.Win alone loose alone that's the magic of Ferrari, and the mystery the prancing horse creates year after year.
    i second this statement....no way in a MILLION years would Ferrari partner with anyone
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Yeah I agree, but as a fan, I wish it would happen so that I can at least cheer for some form of a Ferrari victory...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Wonder why we don't have a run plan similar to merc where am and pm sessions are covered by both drivers. This way we could cover more mileage without taking too much out of the drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It pains me to say this, but maybe it's time Ferrari entered into a partnership with Red Bull to supply them with their engines. It's clear that Ferrari's core competency is engineering and less design/aerodynamics/suspensions, etc... the team, over the last decade, has proven it simply cannot take the next step. 2021 will be a reset year and Ferrari has not adapted well to changes over the last 15 years.
    I tend to agree to a point, Ferrari often seem to fall down on the chassis/aero/driving dynamics side of things and the frequent changes and loss of talented people to other teams is embarrassing. Until the whole car gels as an item, we will find it almost impossible to maintain a genuine quest for a WCC/WDC. The drivers can't perform miracles with a runaway horse.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Wonder why we don't have a run plan similar to merc where am and pm sessions are covered by both drivers. This way we could cover more mileage without taking too much out of the drivers.
    Agreed. RedBull follows the same game plan as well for all 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I tend to agree to a point, Ferrari often seem to fall down on the chassis/aero/driving dynamics side of things and the frequent changes and loss of talented people to other teams is embarrassing. Until the whole car gels as an item, we will find it almost impossible to maintain a genuine quest for a WCC/WDC. The drivers can't perform miracles with a runaway horse.
    Alonso almost did, twice...clearly the car was not top notch in 2010 and 2012...but based on his talent alone he almost won
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

So if Ferrari are rumored to have so many problems with their aero, why aren't they running their car with aero rakes and gallons of flow viz on it? If it's a problem with their engine cover being to tight and restricting cooling, then they would have tried some cutouts I would imagine. Hopefully just a new way of approaching testing and there isn't any major issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I disagree. Ferrari is Ferrari. There will be no Ferrari Red Bull or Red Bull Ferrari. Win or lose, Ferrari takes pride in building their own engine, chassis, and aero in house (except for the mandated common parts). Having said this, the problem that has been plaguing the team since its last championship is the internal politics. Ferrari have great individuals working for them before, such as Aldo Costa and James Allison, but team politics got in the way. You can just look at Mercedes' championship run and innovations on what these two guys could have done for our team sans the politics.

Nevertheless, Binotto is doing his best to change all this, but like he said, it doesn't happen overnight. Ferrari have made big gains over the past 2 years but Mercedes is a moving target, they are no slouch and would not rest on their laurels.

Testing different RW config

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Looks like last years spoon one ??!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

any live streams please ?