Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

And I think that they are good laps but not impressive!!??
    For sure he's consistent!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Interesting 3rd stint.

Lap 48: 1:19.940
    Lap 64: 1:20.053

Finished the race stint with a 1:21.691. Probably ran the entire race sim on delta.

If we can be in a situation where:

a) We're ahead of Verstappen.
    b) Have similar qualy/race pace in ratio and thus be able to work with strategies.

It's a step forward from expectations.

That being said, any race beyond Australia I'll believe when I'll see: given how governments act right now I doubt this season will see the 21 races ran.

I wish Ferrari did a mic drop before the end of testing.

Just wondering, we never tried a cape like solution on our nose. Of course our fat nose doesn't allow such a solution. However we stuck to the the slated thing underneath. I remember we had a nice slim nose once. Wasn't it 2017?

They didn't. There is no way, kimi's 334 kph to vettels 309 kph. No way Ferrari are down by this much just because of the dragy car they claim to have. 10 kph maybe but 24 no way... Also no way Renault is suddenly faster on one lap pace....

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    They didn't. There is no way, kimi's 334 kph to vettels 309 kph. No way Ferrari are down by this much just because of the dragy car they claim to have. 10 kph maybe but 24 no way... Also no way Renault is suddenly faster on one lap pace....
    Renault is doing glory runs. Times from midfield shouldn't be compared to top 3 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Just wondering, we never tried a cape like solution on our nose. Of course our fat nose doesn't allow such a solution. However we stuck to the the slated thing underneath. I remember we had a nice slim nose once. Wasn't it 2017?
    Ferrari's nose is the same since 2016.

Leclerc is at 176 laps and counting...wow, that’s amazing. Another thing I haven’t noticed this year is Ferrari using flow-viz or sensor rakes. Are they that confident in the aero?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Mattia Binotto:

I can confirm that we don't have the fastest car in the field. That is an honest assessment.
    We found a good downforce, unfortunately at the expense of drag. In addition, our engine is not as good as last year. We didn't hide anything in the engine. That is our real potential.
    AMuS:

The projections of the backlog from Ferrari to Mercedes fluctuate between four and six tenths per lap.
    Vettel:

When I look at the Mercedes, they make their laps with ease. We have to work more in the car. First we have to find out how much we are missing. It will depend on whether we sacrifice something from the 2021 program for 2020 or whether the gap is so large that it is not worth it.

Engine not as good as last year? Is that suggesting they were cheating in the second half of the season?

Every other engine manufacturer has found gains, some claiming significant gains, and Ferrari is saying they are worse?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Engine not as good as last year? Is that suggesting they were cheating in the second half of the season?

Every other engine manufacturer has found gains, some claiming significant gains, and Ferrari is saying they are worse?
    Yap, this has just now been confirmed pretty much. FIA and Ferrari reached "settlement" on last years investigation and it wont be available to anyone bar two parties.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Mattia Binotto:

AMuS:

Vettel:
    I was about to post the same .
    Unfortunately he insists so much to just lying. And he also is being specific about our troubles.
    Also worryingly is what he said about this year and 21.
    I amfraid that we will be o the back foot next rear also in their effort to fix this years car.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Yap, this has just now been confirmed pretty much. FIA and Ferrari reached "settlement" on last years investigation and it wont be available to anyone bar two parties.
    We'll never know....sounds like a "slap on the wrist" to me
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post

Yup, and we can forget this year and the next. I'm sure now we do not sandbag these test. That's our pace, back to 2014

SO SO DEPRESSING!!!!!
    Once again when things starting to look somehow better, in the next minute everything collapses dramatically!!!!!!

I'm a bit old (42) and on the last 15 years I ve being through a lot in my life/family with troubles with my kids (bullying) illnesses (my wife has a non treatmentable illness in her back) and deaths!!And I had only the team to make me forget all these things for a bit,BUT now it starting to making things worse with all this frustration.
    I might take a break for a while and stop bothering about anything it has to do with F1!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    SO SO DEPRESSING!!!!!
    Once again when things starting to look somehow better, in the next minute everything collapses dramatically!!!!!!

I'm a bit old (42) and on the last 15 years I ve being through a lot in my life/family with troubles with my kids (bullying) illnesses (my wife has a non treatmentable illness in her back) and deaths!!And I had only the team to make me forget all these things for a bit,BUT now it starting to making things worse with all this frustration.
    I might take a break for a while and stop bothering about anything it has to do with F1!!!!!!
    We all should

What a strange time for the FIA to release this news about the Ferrari “settlement”. Was our engine illegal? Were we cheating? So many unanswered questions from the release...all it did was turn the F1 community against Ferrari and us Tifosi even more.

This is so depressing. I can’t believe Hamilton will walk to number 7 this year. If we can’t do it, I sure hope Red Bull can give him some competition.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I don't believe what Binotto says. Only Alfa and Haas tested real engine performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    What a strange time for the FIA to release this news about the Ferrari “settlement”. Was our engine illegal? Were we cheating? So many unanswered questions from the release...all it did was turn the F1 community against Ferrari and us Tifosi even more.

This is so depressing. I can’t believe Hamilton will walk to number 7 this year. If we can’t do it, I sure hope Red Bull can give him some competition.
    Really strange and of course it will point the finger at the team for not being quite truthful in the past. If that means we really have been sandbagging big time in testing, then I would love to believe the false information being issued by Binotto! I have no great expectations for this season after testing and it's depressing to think that once again we appear to have shot ourselves in the foot. Only time will tell. But please God don't let HAM get a 7th WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

What if it's not the flow fuel meter trick, but perhaps they discovered something else which they didn't like we were doing? Because the FIA checked it and everything was ok. It would be a shame if Ferrari cheated. But it could be something else they discovered. We will never know. But I agree we are in for a tough season, a lot of Merc and Ted Bull fans are going to give us a lot of flak over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    What if it's not the flow fuel meter trick, but perhaps they discovered something else which they didn't like we were doing? Because the FIA checked it and everything was ok. It would be a shame if Ferrari cheated. But it could be something else they discovered. We will never know. But I agree we are in for a tough season, a lot of Merc and Ted Bull fans are going to give us a lot of flak over this.
    Really? Like RBR and Merc never cheated. Just give it right back to em.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Really? Like RBR and Merc never cheated. Just give it right back to em.
    Yep, I;m all for finding loopholes. This "settlement" is no biggie. Happens all the tme in F1.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yep, I;m all for finding loopholes. This "settlement" is no biggie. Happens all the tme in F1.
    I agree. Yet other teams haven’t been thrown under the bus like this for finding loopholes in the past. My biggest concern is the gains we had can’t be replicated and that we will struggle this year and next. I really hope Ferrari didn’t sit idle once our loopholes were deemed illegal or whatever.

Lastly, who wants to hear “Max was right, Ferrari are cheaters” Ughh
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Nothing to see here. Let's move on.

Oh and the season could start in bahrain. Good for Ferrari i suppose based on previous years and certainly better than how we usually go around Albert park.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Nothing to see here. Let's move on.

Oh and the season could start in bahrain. Good for Ferrari i suppose based on previous years and certainly better than how we usually go around Albert park.
    why start in Bahrain?? are they cancelling OZ???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    why start in Bahrain?? are they cancelling OZ???
    I believe it is in doubt. Vietnam and bahrain have been confirmed to go ahead by the FIA.

Doesn't matter if the car is draggy, as long as it has enough downforce to work the tyres then all is well. And today's race sim from Charles was a eye catcher, and as Ted said, today's track conditions wasn't ideal.

And from what I saw, the SF1000 is pretty good at looking after it's tyres.

Testing is one thing racing is a completely different beast.Score points at each race and move on the Ferrari will evolve as the season unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This "settlement" is no biggie. Happens all the tme in F1.
    No it really doesn't.
    Forza Ferrari