Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Australian GP: Practices & Qualifying

2020 Australian GP: Practices & Qualifying

About time. A little over 72 hours left for the first F1 session of 2020 season to start.

I wonder if Ferrari will continue with its sandbagging throughout all 3 free practices along with Binotto still downplaying Ferrari’s pace being behind the Mercs and then come second run in Q3, BOOM, Ferrari takes Pole.....wishful thinking I know
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I wonder if Ferrari will continue with its sandbagging throughout all 3 free practices along with Binotto still downplaying Ferrari’s pace being behind the Mercs and then come second run in Q3, BOOM, Ferrari takes Pole.....wishful thinking I know
    Unfortunately Binotto never lies and always tells the truth in detail. He had said earlier, Ferrari will not be a Mercedes beater in Melbourne but could be from the whole season's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I wish for the same; however, if Ferrari have that kind of pace come Q3 you can bet on the fact that Wolf and Co. will be crying to the FIA almost immediately. Ferrari being competitive and actually pushing Hamilton = ILLEGAL LOL

The Ferrari powered teams should protest Mercedes’ DAS system and Copying Point’s RP20. Time for Ferrari to flex some muscle.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I wish for the same; however, if Ferrari have that kind of pace come Q3 you can bet on the fact that Wolf and Co. will be crying to the FIA almost immediately. Ferrari being competitive and actually pushing Hamilton = ILLEGAL LOL

The Ferrari powered teams should protest Mercedes’ DAS system and Copying Point’s RP20. Time for Ferrari to flex some muscle.
    i;m with you on those points....but sadly Ferrari have lost it's "balls" thta they had from back in the dream team days....ross brown, jean todt....etc
    even Sergio M. had some balls of steel (may his soul rest in peace).....this new leader we have now....kind of spineless jelly fish...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Turn f1 on its head just like the rest of the world.

Italy being more or less in complete lock-down from last night may impact the Italy-based teams if revised parts or engines are needed as well as not having the personnel on site if any of them contract the virus. I don't see how it can be a level playing field if Ferrari/Alfa/Haas or Alpha Tauri (stupid name) are affected in this manner. But then our engines are deemed illegal by other teams so maybe we should just wait and see if Bahrain goes ahead with no spectators, it might as well be a virtual world championship with HAM or Max declared the winner before it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    About time. A little over 72 hours left for the first F1 session of 2020 season to start.

My prediction-
    Pole position: Hamilton
    Race winner: Anybody

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Italy being more or less in complete lock-down from last night may impact the Italy-based teams if revised parts or engines are needed as well as not having the personnel on site if any of them contract the virus. I don't see how it can be a level playing field if Ferrari/Alfa/Haas or Alpha Tauri (stupid name) are affected in this manner. But then our engines are deemed illegal by other teams so maybe we should just wait and see if Bahrain goes ahead with no spectators, it might as well be a virtual world championship with HAM or Max declared the winner before it starts.
    I now there is a huge amount of money, and where is huge amount of money there is no logic, just profit. All this is getting out of hand and I think they should just cancel this year F1 season!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I now there is a huge amount of money, and where is huge amount of money there is no logic, just profit. All this is getting out of hand and I think they should just cancel this year F1 season!
    I think we will have the Aus GP then the next 4 or 5 will be cancelled at least.
    Forza Ferrari

There is no F1 without Ferrari for me, I just hope and pray that Italy can control this virus, otherwise the season is a waste of time, money and effort, not to mention the health issues. If Greig is right and they cancel subsequent races after Melbourne and Bahrain, at least my blood pressure will be under control.

There is no F1 without Ferrari for me, I just hope and pray that Italy can control this virus, otherwise the season is a waste of time, money and effort, not to mention the health issues. If Greig is right and they cancel subsequent races after Melbourne and Bahrain, at least my blood pressure will be under control.
    https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...e-closed-doors

Yeah but we have the Italian teams and Pirelli who are now going to find it hard to come and go from Italy.
    Forza Ferrari

Yup F1 is ferrari...!!

I hope this out break would get stopped. People should be safe.
    Coming to raves, yes it’s better to cancel rather than keep everyone in dilemma. As lots of amount is invested into developments & promotions etc.
    also to be noted, this year teams are focused on 2021 development programme in parallel.
    As in Italy it’s a complete shut down, most effected team would be Ferrari & Pirelli. So there’s no point running F1 in a handicapped way.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah but we have the Italian teams and Pirelli who are now going to find it hard to come and go from Italy.
    Pirelli manufactures its tyres in Turkey:

The grand prix rubber is exclusively made in Izmit, Turkey: the location of Pirelli's high-tech competition tyre facility. The research and development of the tyres takes place in Milan.

Unsure of how Ferrari and Toro Rosso are going to deal with travel..
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Coronavirus related

A member of McLaren’s Formula One team is in self-isolation at the team’s Melbourne hotel after being tested for coronavirus. Two personnel from American outfit Haas have been tested and are also in self-isolation
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Someone wrote this in the sky of Sydney.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESzJa9GUcAI-VqN.jpg

This China is spreading it all over the world ....!!
    People thinking “everything is made in China, our death is also made in China”.
    Such a pathetic situation.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    This China is spreading it all over the world ....!!
    People thinking “everything is made in China, our death is also made in China”.
    Such a pathetic situation.
    Thank God it is made in China. Image if it was genuine?

"So it's not just members from Haas (2), Mclaren (1), Williams (1) that had signs of a cold and had to undergo a test...

"There are said to be people at Ferrari and Alpha Tauri who complain of signs of a cold. They will also have to go to a doctor.."

When china can make a great f1 car then I will take them seriously with out copying like they do most things then they are fakes.Thanks china for the corona virus and sars disease etc etc.now those are the genuine Article 100 % made in China.

Vietnamese GP set to be postponed.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/5...7yQvQ1q51kr6RM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Vietnamese GP set to be postponed.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/5...7yQvQ1q51kr6RM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This was bound to happen despite the officials saying the race will run as per schedule. Human lives are more important than any F1 race/season.

Poll idea... what number of races will we actually see this year?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Poll idea... what number of races will we actually see this year?
    4 races & Mercs will be declared WCC & Hamilton 7th title.