Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Pre-season Testing Thread

Looks like is going another Hamilton party this year, you better pray Ferrari is not fighting Racing Point or McLaren for 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Australia 2021? ;)

In formula 1 to survive and win you need to have political mungral in you if you stand back you will be belted from pillar to post time and time again.There is no doubt that Ferrari have lost there bite.Basically respect for the team by the fia has wayned somewhat, then again why would it not be the case 2007 was the last time, that is a long long time ago.Mercedes are know the Ferrari of old in the eyes of the fia. To fix this is simple Ferrari have to start winning and winning fast .There are no more free dinners for Ferrari coming from the fia any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERTHDP9WsAAnXGD.png

This is worrying to me. Very consistent, very little drop off in performance.
    This graph means nothing to us cause NOBODY KNOWS what the teams are really doing and how their cars were set up. Everything the media and fans say about this is all an assumption, not truth. The real results will come Qualy in Melbourne.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

I really am confused by Binotto's comments. I believe he is too smart to just give what he really thinks about our chances and our car away at this point. I struggle to find a reason why he would tell this truth knowing that it is not good news for anyone in the Ferrari world and pretty much make us all talk and act like we are tight now, saying that the season is allready over.
    BUT, at the same time, i think he learnt from testing last year, he learnt that Merc was full of ****, and now he is playing that game, deciding to downplay our chances instead of talking it up. He used the words, "others are clearly faster than us" when he knows himself, he cannot know this for sure, because nobody does, its testing!! He also says this but then say that they have not focused on the performance side of the car and optimised its potential yet, so how do you know how fast or slower we are compared to the others???
    i dont know, my mind is a mess atm, i just have this feeling though that he is sandbagging, and they will start to show their real potential next week, then in Melbourne, unleash its FULL potential, then we will really know where we stand.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

I suspect something from Ferrari and Binotto. They are just playing tactical games , conditioning everyones mind to focus on MB and RB. Then boom on Q3 Melbourne!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the same

Hopefully it’s wt expected. We can know it in 2nd week.

It would be a masterstroke

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    I really am confused by Binotto's comments. I believe he is too smart to just give what he really thinks about our chances and our car away at this point. I struggle to find a reason why he would tell this truth knowing that it is not good news for anyone in the Ferrari world and pretty much make us all talk and act like we are tight now, saying that the season is allready over.
    BUT, at the same time, i think he learnt from testing last year, he learnt that Merc was full of ****, and now he is playing that game, deciding to downplay our chances instead of talking it up. He used the words, "others are clearly faster than us" when he knows himself, he cannot know this for sure, because nobody does, its testing!! He also says this but then say that they have not focused on the performance side of the car and optimised its potential yet, so how do you know how fast or slower we are compared to the others???
    i dont know, my mind is a mess atm, i just have this feeling though that he is sandbagging, and they will start to show their real potential next week, then in Melbourne, unleash its FULL potential, then we will really know where we stand.
    Binotto can't play any game because he is a saint - the only saint in the paddock, read all Binotto's statements of past and you will realize he always speaks truth.

I truly hope Binotto is playing the head games with Toto and Co. and deep down he and the team know we have a strong car and we’ll fully unleash the beast come quali in OZ....or at least that’s what I would expect (as a big time ferrari fan) from our team to do knowing that we got caught with our pants down last year in testing and the Merc really gave it to us in Australia

I’m really hoping for this from Binotto but something tells me he’s not as roothles as Toto is and maybe when he says and thinks that we are not as quick as the Merc and red bull, maybe he really means it....God I hope not!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Binotto can't play any game because he is a saint - the only saint in the paddock, read all Binotto's statements of past and you will realize he always speaks truth.

That’s what I’m afraid, but maybe this time he’s changed and is playing the Toto game....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

From what i could tell from the Vettel onboard lap is that the car balance is not there yet. The car was snapping in the corners and suffering some understeer probably running large amount of fuel and low power mode.

What i noticed is that the cars turn in is much better and still very good in the fast speed corners. We are not showing our hand yet and Binotto is playing Mercedes game. Remember last year Mercedes were saying that we were .5s ahead.

I am convinced the car is going to be ready for battle come Australia. Last year Ferrari dropped the ball in the beginning of the season. I doubt this season is going to be a repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post
    I suspect something from Ferrari and Binotto. They are just playing tactical games , conditioning everyones mind to focus on MB and RB. Then boom on Q3 Melbourne!

i dont think we are capable of that. dynasties dont go down until regulation changes. i think we are behind mercs but dont know how much behind.if its .2 then is recoverable. if its 0.5 or more forget anything this year.

i do hope though that you are right :)

Yeah no guys, it's not going to be a fun Australia....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by denskits View Post

Your are fooling yourself, they may or may not better in melbourne but, there is not mind-games, they can't afford it, the only ones that can is Mercedes which is what they are doing with the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    From what i could tell from the Vettel onboard lap is that the car balance is not there yet. The car was snapping in the corners and suffering some understeer probably running large amount of fuel and low power mode.

What i noticed is that the cars turn in is much better and still very good in the fast speed corners. We are not showing our hand yet and Binotto is playing Mercedes game. Remember last year Mercedes were saying that we were .5s ahead.

I am convinced the car is going to be ready for battle come Australia. Last year Ferrari dropped the ball in the beginning of the season. I doubt this season is going to be a repeat.
    I agree with your first paragraph, the car didn't look stable or balanced and seemed prone to understeer, I believe this is what caused Seb so many issues last year resulting in his spins. We didn't see much of Charles in action except on day 1, we did fewer laps than most teams overall, and even when it gets to Melbourne, that is not the ideal circuit to show our true performance. Last year's race was a disaster after all the hype and we don't need a repeat, so keeping a low profile is probably sensible, but it doesn't help the team's morale, nor ours!

https://www.f1analisitecnica.com/202...e-scarico.html

The article says that the good news is that Downforce is there, but the we have te find the write balance downforce/drag.

On day 3, Vettel had done a sector 3 time which matched his Q3 sector 3 time from race weekend last year. And remember the engines are detuned and the car isn't pushed yet.

Bottas electrical problems were because of engine which broke. Mercedes customer team also had to replace engine due to an issue.

This steering situation is ridiculous allowed this year then banned from 2021 come on ladies and gentleman who in the he'll is running this f1 circus and who is pissing in who's pocket.Secretly worked on for the past 1 year or so.Which turn coat is protecting them.The whole season should be delayed to give the teams a chance of having the same illegal opportunity.This is geared fully to make sure that mercedes have every opportunity to win.If they do not win it would not surprise me if they bail out.Its all about records etc.When the new regs come in that record will be harder to achieve .It's now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This steering situation is ridiculous allowed this year then banned from 2021 come on ladies and gentleman who in the he'll is running this f1 circus and who is pissing in who's pocket.Secretly worked on for the past 1 year or so.Which turn coat is protecting them.The whole season should be delayed to give the teams a chance of having the same illegal opportunity.This is geared fully to make sure that mercedes have every opportunity to win.If they do not win it would not surprise me if they bail out.Its all about records etc.When the new regs come in that record will be harder to achieve .It's now or never.
    Mercedes has continuously designed and developed the best car since 2014. Not by a little, but by a lot. They have by far the best team and the largest resources. The likelihood that Mercedes remains dominant in 2021 is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    There are plenty of examples of unequal treatment of Merc v other teams as well as Hamilton v other drivers. Incidents which result in penalties for other drivers result in no penalty for Hamilton. Instances of other teams exploiting the rules only to have the innovation immediately banned or scrutinized while other grey areas exploited by Merc go unchallenged. Shall we talk about Merc's illegal tire test which resulted in barely a slap on the wrist?

If you think that the FIA in not complicit in this, you have got to me joking me. "Conspiracy theory" is a term used by those who are unable or unwilling to explore the possibility that their beliefs may be wrong. Don't discount the possibility just because it may alter your world view.
    If there are "plenty" then how about you name one of these instances of other teams' innovations suffering immediate bans vs. Mercedes going unchallenged?? As for the tire test, as I remember it, it was Charlie Whiting's screw up in giving them the OK. And "Conspiracy Theory" is a term used by people to describe others who are engaging in conspiracy theories. What's more likely: fans of one team tend to think that their team's punishment is always too severe and the other teams get off too lightly in theirs, or the FIA is favoring one team at the expense of the others, all of whom have a major financial interest in the fairness of the sport, thus risking the reputation, and the viability of the sport itself? Like I said - Conspiracy Theories.

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post
    Your all bloody red and wrong!!! Its going to be Williams back on top this year!!

lighten up guys its just testing

yes Alonso's back
    THANK YOU! Well, at least SOMEONE else on this board has a little perspective.

For all of those who are interested, I can offer great prices on hemlock, razor blades, or today's special combo pack; a bottle of Jack Daniels and a bottle of sleeping pills!

Lighten up gang and wait for a race! If they bring a sled, I'll be right there with you bitching. But until then, it's wait and see.

Le discours de Vettel contredit celle avec Binotto pour moi Ferrari a changé de politique ne rien dévoiler ��

The DAS system from Mercedes is ingenious. Ferrari and Red Bull are going to do their homework on this system. If by any chance at a set camber car the lift by bringing the toe in. DAS is going to get banned because you you cannot have anything change the ride height. If enough teams protest well the FIA and Ross Brawn is going to have no choice to ban it.

But do they have the courage. Of course ride height will be altered.

I don't know but I think Binotto is trolling the media, I do hope I'm right with that.