1: 23.481
    1: 23.651
    1: 23.333
    1: 23.154
    STOPPED ON TRACK - RED FLAG

#Day5 #F1Testing #F1GR #F1
    @MercedesAMGF1 @LewisHamilton
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Seb’s race sim. Not so bad when you compare it with times Hamilton was doing before he retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Lewis Hamilton #W11

#RaceSim 1st Stint

outlap (C3)
    1: 22.425
    1: 22.820
    1: 22.931
    1: 22.961
    1: 22.680
    1: 22:939
    1: 22.885
    1: 23.176

So 1 second faster than Ferrari, but on one step faster tyres.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Lewis Hamilton #W11

#RaceSim 1st Stint

outlap (C3)
    1: 22.425
    1: 22.820
    1: 22.931
    1: 22.961
    1: 22.680
    1: 22:939
    1: 22.885
    1: 23.176

Those were Hamilton's only laps of today's testing. Without doing any prior set up work, I don't think he would jump straight out of the garage and start doing a race sim.

I am geniunely scared. Maybe my head is playing tricks on me, but any way I look at the times, I cannot find anything good in them for us. I guess testing is not about times, but still... there is no use in holding back now.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I am geniunely scared. Maybe my head is playing tricks on me, but any way I look at the times, I cannot find anything good in them for us. I guess testing is not about times, but still... there is no use in holding back now.
    On the other hand I see a the team that genuinely trying to hide them selves. Like you see Vet doing lap times and on those laps to have 310- top speed and then in a some passes reaching 330+!!!!! I think we are holding up big time ,BUT I don't know if it is enough to challenge this years Merc !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I think ferrari is still holding back somewhat, well get a clearer picture tomorrow if ferrari decides to turn that engine up significantly and post a somewhat quali lap time, maybe they will not and still hold their cards close to its chest....and we’ll only know the true pace come top 10 shootout In OZ...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel's fast laps:

1:17.651 (22.133, 28.621, 26.897). Speed trap: 304 km/h
    Sector 1: 284 km/h, Sector 2: 296 km/h, Sector 3: 278 km/h

1:17.093 (21.940, 28.572, 26.581). Speed trap: 308 km/h
    Sector 1: 284 km/h, Sector 2: 300 km/h, Sector 3: 279 km/h

1:17.475 (21.855, 28.757, 26.863). Speed trap: 308 km/h
    Sector 1: 284 km/h, Sector 2: 300 km/h, Sector 3: 278 km/h

1:17.650 (21.883, 28.850, 26.917). Speed trap: 305 km/h
    Sector 1: 284 km/h, Sector 2: 301 km/h, Sector 3: 280 km/h

1:16.841 (21.896, 28.422, 26.523). Speed trap: 305 km/h
    Sector 1: 284 km/h, Sector 2: 304 km/h, Sector 3: 275 km/h

1:17.430 (21.920, 28.589, 26.921). Speed trap: 305 km/h
    Sector 1: 284 km/h, Sector 2: 302 km/h, Sector 3: 276 km/h
    The S1, S2, and S3 sector speeds suggest Ferrari has either dropped the fuel quite a lot, or they turned the power up, or a combination of both. 300 kph in S2 would suggest DRS was used there, while the 305 kph seems awfully slow for DRS used there. They could be running a max downforce setting, but the 300 kph S2 still points that they should be able to go faster than 308 on the main straight. I think this tells us that Ferrari are still hiding time on purpose.

I think that last years disaster (from considered 0,5s faster in tests to be 1 s slower in Aus) cost a lot on the team and especially Bonotto.Thats why we have a totally different strategy now.And I see that we want to keep it till the end!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I think that last years disaster (from considered 0,5s faster in tests to be 1 s slower in Aus) cost a lot on the team and especially Bonotto.Thats why we have a totally different strategy now.And I see that we want to keep it till the end!!
    Or some would say that we could be genuinely slow and we’ll be fighting with “copying point”...but somehow I don’t see that happening....I still think ferrari is hiding the true pace, be it more fuel, low power engine modes....etc
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Well if you ask me to give you a verdict right now, I will say that we are holding more from the others,BUT I still see us behind Mercs. Not by much , around 2 tenths . I see us fighting with the RedBulls . And this for the 1st races. I see that the team have more confidence about the future like un update around Spaind could put us in front!!!!
    This is just a feeling that I have from watching the data but mostly the teams reactions / statements etc.
    Ofcourse there is always the bad feeling that we might and up once again way behind!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Guys, again, last year every TV talking head and we said it was over and Ferrari were on top. This year we are all saying the opposite. It seems we have been wrong pretty much every time. Let's wait for a few races in, then we can all say "I told you so" or we may be given a pleasant surprise. Let's be realists, we really don't know where any of the teams are performance wise. It is safe to assume Merc is on top (from history) but the rest of the field is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

I so like your comments!!!
    I'm here for ya Stefa.

Well if you ask me to give you a verdict right now, I will say that we are holding more from the others,BUT I still see us behind Mercs. Not by much , around 2 tenths . I see us fighting with the RedBulls . And this for the 1st races. I see that the team have more confidence about the future like un update around Spaind could put us in front!!!!
    This is just a feeling that I have from watching the data but mostly the teams reactions / statements etc.
    Ofcourse there is always the bad feeling that we might and up once again way behind!!!!!
    1) Mercedes
    2) Red Bull +0.5
    3) Ferrari +0.2-0.4

This is how I see the Australian GP grid. Maybe Ferrari is faster than Red Bull but Mercedes is a minimum of half a second clear.

Can we perhaps expect a turnaround when we arrive in Melbourne?

Binotto: "Honestly I don't think so. We know what we are doing. We know if we have margin or not. If you look at the race simulation pace, Hamilton's was quite impressive."

#F1Testing
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Speed is important but it amounts to nothing without reliability.Mercedes have a question mark on there engines.I agree with totto Ferrari still have speed up there sleeve up to 1 sec + .Why show it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Guys, again, last year every TV talking head and we said it was over and Ferrari were on top. This year we are all saying the opposite. It seems we have been wrong pretty much every time. Let's wait for a few races in, then we can all say "I told you so" or we may be given a pleasant surprise. Let's be realists, we really don't know where any of the teams are performance wise. It is safe to assume Merc is on top (from history) but the rest of the field is anyone's guess.

I'm here for ya Stefa.

Today's top speed:

Stroll 325 km/h
    Norris 318
    Albon 315
    Gasly 314
    Bottas 314
    Ocon 313
    Latifi 312
    Ricciardo 312
    Giovinazzi 312
    Verstappen 312
    Magnussen 312
    Vettel 311
    Hamilton 289

via @AlbertFabrega

The whole interview ����⁣

➡️ Vettel: "We knew that the car is more draggy and we also measured the car is quite draggy."⁣

➡️ Vettel: "Today with the wind it was not pleasant to drive. I can tell you that the car has improved, especially in the S3, but we had to give up some top speed. There is work to do, but we are a great team and the season has not started yet!"⁣

➡️ Vettel: "There are a few days before we leave for Melbourne, so I will take a few days off and we will work on the simulator."⁣

➡️ Vettel: "We tried many different configurations. In testing nobody plays all of their cards. Testing is not so reliable to understand who performs better. We have an idea about our work and we will understand our position after 2/3 races!"
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

The whole interview 🎙👇⁣

➡️ Vettel: "We knew that the car is more draggy and we also measured the car is quite draggy."⁣

➡️ Vettel: "Today with the wind it was not pleasant to drive. I can tell you that the car has improved, especially in the S3, but we had to give up some top speed. There is work to do, but we are a great team and the season has not started yet!"⁣

➡️ Vettel: "There are a few days before we leave for Melbourne, so I will take a few days off and we will work on the simulator."⁣

➡️ Vettel: "We tried many different configurations. In testing nobody plays all of their cards. Testing is not so reliable to understand who performs better. We have an idea about our work and we will understand our position after 2/3 races!"
    Hopefully the point standings in CWC and WDC won't be -50 and more for us!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Hopefully the point standings in CWC and WDC won't be -50 and more for us!
    maybe it will swing the other way Stefa.....+50 or more in our favor....lets keep calm and wait for 3-4 races and then we'll have an idea as to which team is going to be TOP DOG...

Can we perhaps expect a turnaround when we arrive in Melbourne?

Binotto: "Honestly I don't think so. We know what we are doing. We know if we have margin or not. If you look at the race simulation pace, Hamilton's was quite impressive."

#F1Testing
    Saint Binotto has spoken again. Hopefully next year's car will be a Mercedes beater.

Vettel: "At the moment, the signs do not look perfect for us. But even if that is the case, it's on us to turn it around!"

Vettel: "The car is a step forward. We managed to generate more downforce. But there is a side effect: more drag on the straight. Depending on the type of track, we will see where we stand."
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 27th February 2020 at 17:45.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Mercedes has no side effect. They managed to add a lot more downforce and also significantly increased their straight line speed.

I'm a cynical person to begin with... so here is my prediction for this year:

1) Ferrari will be slower on the tracks where they were faster last year because they are giving up some of their top speed advantage. I believe Mercedes will therefore win more of those races; and
    2) Ferrari will be faster in the slower races than last year but will still not eclipse Mercedes or Red Bull.

If this occurs, it will be the perfect storm of incorrect judgments made on the direction the development should have taken.

But I'm obviously not qualified to make any reasonable assessment of this, it's just a gut feeling that I have....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It will be pretty tight between Mercs & ferrari in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'm a cynical person to begin with... so here is my prediction for this year:

1) Ferrari will be slower on the tracks where they were faster last year because they are giving up some of their top speed advantage. I believe Mercedes will therefore win more of those races; and
    2) Ferrari will be faster in the slower races than last year but will still not eclipse Mercedes or Red Bull.

If this occurs, it will be the perfect storm of incorrect judgments made on the direction the development should have taken.

But I'm obviously not qualified to make any reasonable assessment of this, it's just a gut feeling that I have....
    Sadly, I feel the same. They wanted to make this years car competitive in Drag tracks but they could only do it by sacrificing too much of the engine advantage. Which is the worst scenario. Not being too good in either aspects means we might have a mediocre car.. Our aero development team, well based on the past years, is nowhere near Mercs and Red Bulls engineers so if this is the case another tough year is coming. Well, there is always next year. It could be used as a slogan instead of winnow.

I cannot believe Ferrari will be going into 2020 with the 2019 Front wing and nose. Maybe I missed something, but I have not seen any changes in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I cannot believe Ferrari will be going into 2020 with the 2019 Front wing and nose. Maybe I missed something, but I have not seen any changes in that area.
    Yeah, that's what annoyed me the most !!
    Although we seemed to work a lot from the front tires to the back, we didnt do anything in the nose / wing section. The part that supposed to be our Achilles heel last year???!!!!
    And now reports for understeer our coming up again !!!!
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/te...anchi/4698651/
    If we dont have some big changes in the pipeline already for this area,and for some reason we deside not to put them for now ,but we will put them after the 1st 2-3 races, then we have no excuse at all !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Good lap by Seb, the car looks stable in the all types of corners. Have a good feeling about this year.

http://scuderiafans.com/watch-onboar...JjVnLpOHwySLz8