Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari forced into closures due to coronavirus

Whole of Italy now advised to stay at home.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Whole of Italy now advised to stay at home.
    Good for them. It may seem extreme at the moment, however the virus is spreading at an alarming rate. The government believes it can stop the virus in as little as 15 days. Happy they are taking this seriously.

http://www.meteoweb.eu/2020/03/se-st...ardia/1402008/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Italy seems to be taking this in the right way, compared to other countries that are in a panic.
    they are going about this with restraint and civility the people are not panicking stores have supplies and food.
    they are taking it in stride.
    this is according to a friend that is in Italy.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Isn't it strange? Australia have some of the thoughest custom laws in the world, if not the toughest. See below what you can't bring into the country.

These Are The Items You Can And Cannot Bring Into Australia
    https://says.com/my/lifestyle/items-...into-australia

You can't even bring in nuts or dried herbs. But hey, they are going to let hundreds of people employed by the F1 teams in to the country. And they are going to run the race weekend with spectators. Fantastic logic. I'm just writing this because it's Australia. Any other country and it wouldn't be that strange. But I guess money talks (F1 in Melbourne).

Here in Sweden the government has prohibited gatherings of over 500 people. Meaning an F1 race in Sweden would be cancelled. Just saying.

I find it strange it's still running as well, I think we will see a ban on large gatherings in the UK pretty soon also.
    Forza Ferrari

it's all about money people, ALL aobut money.....its hard for teams and F1 to justify millions upon millions of $ being spent and NOT having races....

but what do i know....if it were me, i would have cancelled the whole season....or have races without spectators....like football matches are doing now....i know i know it's not hte same but health is more important
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

This just from the last 12 hours.

Three F1 team personnel showing fever signs
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-haas-coronavirus/

McLaren and Haas staff are at the centre of coronavirus fears after three staff members were self-isolated after showing signs of the virus. McLaren and Haas arrived in Melbourne this week for the start of the 2020 F1 season. Formula 1 and the Victorian government had made the call to continue with the Australian Grand Prix despite the global outbreak of the coronavirus. However, arriving in Melbourne, one member of the McLaren team and two of Haas’ team members were reportedly showing signs of the virus.
    But the show must go on..

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    This just from the last 12 hours.

Three F1 team personnel showing fever signs
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-haas-coronavirus/

But the show must go on..
    yup, turn a blind eye and keep going....there's money to be lost in F1 if we ain't going ahead.....jeez
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yup, turn a blind eye and keep going....there's money to be lost in F1 if we ain't going ahead.....jeez
    Yes, and there's another aspect. All these people will return to Europe after a week or some weeks, teams, personell and fans...after having mixed at Albert Park. F1 is a global event. It's not a local cup final in Australia that is used as a benchmark now.

Now call me crazy, but the odds are NOT in our favor here right now. How will this bunch, when added to the mix, increase our chances?

corona virus

I find it strange it's still running as well, I think we will see a ban on large gatherings in the UK pretty soon also.

The National Basketball Association has suspended it's season because one of the players contacted the Corona virus.
    The NCAA will play the Final Four Tournament without fans in the arenas.
    More such situations are coming to everyone.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Ferrari has shut down the factory, road and F1.
    Forza Ferrari

Totally understandable.

Ferrari has shut down the factory, road and F1.
    Better safe than sorry. Prioritise safety, health and lives first.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

I've just read on GP Today that Ferrari want to use the down-time to improve their engine, so maybe they definitely weren't sandbagging and we would have been well off the pace. I hope they can do what they need to do, but with all the lock-down in Italy, how much is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I've just read on GP Today that Ferrari want to use the down-time to improve their engine, so maybe they definitely weren't sandbagging and we would have been well off the pace. I hope they can do what they need to do, but with all the lock-down in Italy, how much is possible?
    I don't think they were sandbagging mate... I think they had to make major changes over the winter, which Binotto even mentioned, most likely due to the ongoing investigations and knowing they were going to have to accommodate new scrutinization... the best thing for Ferrari right now is that 2020 be cancelled!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

So, while Italy is in lockdown and therefore the Ferrari factory is shut down for the foreseeable future, the factories of Red Bull and Mercedes are greenlit to operate. They have the luxury to work on both their 2020 and 2021 chalengers giving them a tremendous advantage this year and the next.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    So, while Italy is in lockdown and therefore the Ferrari factory is shut down for the foreseeable future, the factories of Red Bull and Mercedes are greenlit to operate. They have the luxury to work on both their 2020 and 2021 chalengers giving them a tremendous advantage this year and the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I don't think they were sandbagging mate... I think they had to make major changes over the winter, which Binotto even mentioned, most likely due to the ongoing investigations and knowing they were going to have to accommodate new scrutinization... the best thing for Ferrari right now is that 2020 be cancelled!
    I hoped they were sandbagging in testing, of course, and Binotto still insists there was no wrong-doing in 2019, nothing has been proved officially, yet the FIA and Ferrari have come to a settlement, what does that say about honesty and transparency? I'd love to believe that we just out-thought other teams in the second half of last season, and I still don't understand why our 2020 engine appears to have lost power compared to the original 2019 engine, or am I missing something? This subject won't fade away, whether the season ever starts or not.

Good they red fools and Merc can race each other, it would make me happy to see mercedes wipe the floor with redbull.Those fools actually think they can win.In summary NO CHANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Good they red fools and Merc can race each other, it would make me happy to see mercedes wipe the floor with redbull.Those fools actually think they can win.In summary NO CHANCE.
    Sorry but we've had quite enough of Merc and especially HAM winning WDCs and a change is as good as a rest, but it's looking like one hell of a long rest is on the cards.