Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FIA concludes analysis of Scuderia Ferrari Power Unit reaches settlement with Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not sure it would be the same as spygate if the other team just directly told the FIA, not quite the same as what McLaren did.

Must be someone quite high up that gave the info.
    Spygate: McLaren didn't steal anything in 2007; it was Ferrari employee Nigel Stepney who stole the Ferrari information. Ferrari employee Stepney then gave the stolen information to McLaren; their fine was for possessing stolen Ferrari information. They didn't ask Stepney to steal it; he stole it first, then shopped it around, and McLaren employee Mike Coughlan took him up, figuring he could use the Ferrari information to enhance his position within McLaren.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Spygate: McLaren didn't steal anything in 2007; it was Ferrari employee Nigel Stepney who stole the Ferrari information. Ferrari employee Stepney then gave the stolen information to McLaren; their fine was for possessing stolen Ferrari information. They didn't ask Stepney to steal it; he stole it first, then shopped it around, and McLaren employee Mike Coughlan took him up, figuring he could use the Ferrari information to enhance his position within McLaren.
    I know what spygate was thanks, McLaren used the stolen information. That is not the case here.
    Forza Ferrari

Things are heating up i see........Lets see if this does happen

http://scuderiafans.com/mercedes-wan...gFQctpk1IrA-O8
    Drive it like you stole it!

Fia has a wolf on its door steps.The wolf is not happy.0

Imagine the FIA done this deal with Merc or Red Bull lol can only imagine the forum posts...those same people seem happy enough that FIA are covering up for us though
    Forza Ferrari

Imagine the FIA done this deal with Merc or Red Bull lol can only imagine the forum posts...those same people seem happy enough that FIA are covering up for us though

What i would like to know, Did we cheat or not ? ( Somehow i don't think we'll be privy to that info )

If the same was said about another team, then i bet your bottom dollar we'd want to know what the agreements were, yes ?

I just hope that we're clean and we won't be seen in the pits or media as " possible cheats " because of this agreement
    Drive it like you stole it!

Now why would Mercedes try an expose Ferrari last year when they won both championships? Some kind of tug of war behind the scenes. Mercedes trying to find out about our engine lay out.

Ferrari is not a open book for other teams to see. Mercedes wants to destroy Ferrari so it can be the favorite of the FIA.

I'm pretty sure the FIA have covered up a lot for Mercedes over the years. Secret tyre testing is probably the tip of the iceberg.

This has frustrated seven of their rival teams (McLaren, Mercedes, Racing Point, Red Bull, Renault, AlphaTauri and Williams) who want answers. The septet, which did not include Ferrari engine customers Haas and Alfa Romeo, released a joint statement on Wednesday morning.

“We, the undersigned teams, were surprised and shocked by the FIA’s statement of Friday 28 February regarding the conclusion of its investigation into the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit,” it read. “An international sporting regulator has the responsibility to act with the highest standards of governance, integrity and transparency.

“After months of investigations that were undertaken by the FIA only following queries raised by other teams, we strongly object to the FIA reaching a confidential settlement agreement with Ferrari to conclude this matter. Therefore, we hereby state publicly our shared commitment to pursue full and proper disclosure in this matter, to ensure that our sport treats all competitors fairly and equally. We do so on behalf of the fans, the participants and the stakeholders of Formula One.

“In addition, we reserve our rights to seek legal redress, within the FIA’s due process and before the competent courts.”
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I'm pretty sure the FIA have covered up a lot for Mercedes over the years. Secret tyre testing is probably the tip of the iceberg.
    Pretty sure we have never seen such a deal being done, I can't ever recall such a thing happening. To me it looks like we cheated but the FIA did not want to call out one of the biggest teams for the good of the sport.

But we can off course just pretend the FIA covers up for others....
    Forza Ferrari

I can see why other teams lodged protest, there need to be some transparency regarding the Ferrari power unit, it is quite a big deal after all.

But still I refuse to believe that a team like Ferrari deliberately cheated with the fuel flow system, I think they just found out a grey area on the rule book regarding the fuel flow sensors and applied it to the power unit.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I can see why other teams lodged protest, there need to be some transparency regarding the Ferrari power unit, it is quite a big deal after all.

But still I refuse to believe that a team like Ferrari deliberately cheated with the fuel flow system, I think they just found out a grey area on the rule book regarding the fuel flow sensors and applied it to the power unit.
    The way Binotto is still saying we lost the top speed due to the aerodynamic upgrades, even though it's quite clear to everyone (even the other teams) that that's not the case and the reason is that the engine has been changed is not filling me with confidence...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Now why would Mercedes try an expose Ferrari last year when they won both championships? Some kind of tug of war behind the scenes. Mercedes trying to find out about our engine lay out.

Ferrari is not a open book for other teams to see. Mercedes wants to destroy Ferrari so it can be the favorite of the FIA.
    It's not about "exposing Ferrari", it's about transparency. And every other team bar Ferrari and it's customers teams have lodged protest and threatening to go to the court, I can see why they are angry.
    If the roles were reversed and if it was Mercedes instead of Ferrari, pretty much everyone here right now would be crying about Mercedes being cheaters and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The way Binotto is still saying we lost the top speed due to the aerodynamic upgrades, even though it's quite clear to everyone (even the other teams) that that's not the case and the reason is that the engine has been changed is not filling me with confidence...
    Well....you, me and everyone else will soon find out our true performance. If the Ferrari PU ends up behind not only Mercedes but other manufacturers as well, then it's safe to say they've been doing something naughty with the fuel flow sensors and tried to hush it up by reaching a settlement with the FIA.

But I've followed the timings quite closely during the pre season testing, and from what I saw, I'm not worried about our engine performance.

This thing is very bad for both other teams (they rightly request transparency on the matter because it leaves so many question marks about Ferrari's legality)and Ferrari because for the same reasons it hurts teams image a lot (it's not a small thing half of f1 world to call you cheater ).
    The big question is why F1 treated the hall situation like this in the 1st place???!!! For sure they couldn't expect other teams to expect it easily!!!!???????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Too much to hope this will hasten the demise of this once great formula.

The pinnacle of motorsport should be pretty much 'no holds barred', not the predictable, saccharine media-luvviefest that it's become, dripping in political correctness and virtue-signalling - oh, and vacuous 'celebrities', whose interest in motorsport lasts until the last vol-au-vent and glass of bubbly has disappeared and the cameras have gone..

Let the media work itself into a frenzy over the joke that is Formula E.
    Trying to be less angry..

Pretty sure we have never seen such a deal being done, I can't ever recall such a thing happening. To me it looks like we cheated but the FIA did not want to call out one of the biggest teams for the good of the sport.

But we can off course just pretend the FIA covers up for others....
    Mercedes cheated with illegal tyre testing, that much we know, it's not pretending. As I recall, all they got was a slap on the wrist. It's only logical to assume that if they cheat with tyre testing, chances are high that they also cheat in other departments. The FIA are not dumb, they know this.

Ferrari rivals ‘strongly object’ to FIA settlement

Ferrari’s rivals are threatening legal action over the FIA’s undisclosed agreement with the Scuderia regarding last year’s engine controversy.

Last year Ferrari’s rivals questioned the legality of the Scuderia’s power unit.

This led to several Technical Directives being issued by the FIA relating to fuel flow.

The teams were also informed that an extra sensor would be used in 2020.

The matter rumbled on without any decisive ruling from motorsport’s governing body on whether Ferrari’s engine was legal or not.

The FIA swept it all under the carpet last week when it announced a settlement with Ferrari.

hat that settlement related to and why the FIA agreed to it have not been disclosed.

Ferrari’s rivals are livid and have threatened legal action.

Seven of the 10 teams; McLaren, Mercedes, Racing Point, Red Bull, Renault, AlphaTauri and Williams; have written to the FIA demanding an explanation.

The letter read:

“We, the undersigned teams, were surprised and shocked by the FIA’s statement of Friday 28 February regarding the conclusion of its investigation into the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit.

“An international sporting regulator has the responsibility to act with the highest standards of governance, integrity and transparency.

“After months of investigations that were undertaken by the FIA only following queries raised by other teams, we strongly object to the FIA reaching a confidential settlement agreement with Ferrari to conclude this matter.

“Therefore, we hereby state publicly our shared commitment to pursue full and proper disclosure in this matter, to ensure that our sport treats all competitors fairly and equally. We do so on behalf of the fans, the participants and the stakeholders of Formula One.

“In addition, we reserve our rights to seek legal redress, within the FIA’s due process and before the competent courts.”
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

The other teams should have lodged an official protest, that would have saved us a lot of this nonsense...protest to the FIA instead of mouthing off accusations in the media! If there would have been an official protest from other teams, the FIA would have been required to announce the results officially, so this situation could not have happened.

This whole situation is contradictory. If the FIA were in our pocket as rival fans and teams seem to believe, why would they send out that press release? According to the article below, none of the teams were aware of the investigation. Thus, if the FIA wanted to save face, why release anything? They could have just as easily kept quiet. If they really had Ferrari's interests in mind they wouldn't have said anything. I think its the opposite, the release came to stir this controversy against Ferrari. Think about it; did the FIA really believe the rival teams would accept the release and move on? That is hard to believe. This was deliberate, another attempt to undermine and devalue Ferrari's presence in F1.

With that said, I am disappointed if Ferrari did cheat. As bad as I want us to win a championship, not in this manner. I am hoping for another release from either Ferrari or the FIA exonerating us from any wrong doing. Like we found a grey area or loophole that the FIA didn't like, but it wasn't technically cheating. Fingers crossed.

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2...stions-answers
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Good heat going into this season.

Now this has become Ferrari VS rest of all team & FIA.

In my view, this is to destabilise Ferrari history & revenue in F1.
    Ferrari should be politically strong enough to counter this act from bunch of fools (F1 teams).

Haas already threatened to leave F1, if they don’t find good results this season. They haven’t signed any agreement on future participation in F1.
    It’s time for Ferrari to push their forces & corner FIA. So that every team will shut their things, especially RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Mercedes cheated with illegal tyre testing, that much we know, it's not pretending. As I recall, all they got was a slap on the wrist. It's only logical to assume that if they cheat with tyre testing, chances are high that they also cheat in other departments. The FIA are not dumb, they know this.
    As I said you can pretend all you like.
    Forza Ferrari

All other teams have put up the same news on their mainpage.
    Pressure is mounting, this cannot be good for F1.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

teams are always pushing greys areas, such as the flexing wings, etc - it's never cheating until it's blantly obvious or exceeds the legal parameters. There's a possibility that Ferrari were close but did not exceed any parameters, or it could even mean that exposing any legal innovation used by Ferrari would mean the team would lose its edge, as the others would be able to implement the feature. If they were caught red-handed, then FIA had a duty to disclose its findings. The last possibility: FIA have been intimidated by Ferrari's status and are not prepared to jeopardise the sport. As for the engine having less grunt than last year's? It would be easy for Ferari to use this statement to get the other manufacturers off its back - when the Ferrari will have a lower top speed advantage, then it will say "see, that is proof!" But we all know more aero means a lower top speed, so it plays into Ferrari's smoke screen excuse.

To me it sounds like Ferrari got caught cheating. Maybe it fell into the grey area, but in any case they were forced to change. The FIA handled it like crap, and I don't blame any of the teams for complaining.

However, I would like to see Mercedes, Honda, and Renault have their cars completely dismantled and inspected to ensure their cars are 100% legal. Mercedes did the oil burning deal, and I don't recall their engine's ever being seized by the FIA for a full inspection.

What would have happened if Red Bull for example had protested officially and were wrong? Would Red Bull have suffered any consequences? (hypothetical question)

Fi is about pushing the limits of rules and design ,let's say bend the rules but do not break them.All teams have this mentle platform in creating that edge that advantage.Now all of a sudden f1 is sterile .All teams meddling in this settlement saga should really take a good look in there own f1 closets. Mercedes being the biggest contradictors that exist.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    To me it sounds like Ferrari got caught cheating. Maybe it fell into the grey area, but in any case they were forced to change. The FIA handled it like crap, and I don't blame any of the teams for complaining.

However, I would like to see Mercedes, Honda, and Renault have their cars completely dismantled and inspected to ensure their cars are 100% legal. Mercedes did the oil burning deal, and I don't recall their engine's ever being seized by the FIA for a full inspection.
    Indeed, I am tired of this Ferrari witch hunt, while Mercedes is being treated with velvet gloves all the time. They had some slaps on the wrist before. They should be the last to complain.

What I am worried is that other teams will mount pressure and Ferrari will get distracted and hamper their performance and in the meantime other teams will develop their car and be competitive

Not sure about the espionage thing, the source was Turrini and he even mentioned he didn't have solid evidence, more of a gut feeling.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...