Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FIA concludes analysis of Scuderia Ferrari Power Unit reaches settlement with Ferrari

If the FIA was 100% sure Ferrari were deliberately cheating, then they would have come out and said it. They have never shied away or been timid about fining or punishing teams that have been caught cheating. As it stands, the only explanation is that the FIA is not 100% sure that what Ferrari were doing was illegal and are covering their tracks as well as ensuring Ferrari doesn't use the system further. I agree that this statement is so ambiguous that it makes Ferrari look bad because it doesn't exonerate them. A better detailed statement should be issued and the FIA should clarify this matter whether the outcome is good or bad for us.

Good article on the current situation....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...rules/4716688/

Dr Death Marko wants 2nd place taken away from Ferrari and given to redbull.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    HA, HA....good one Marko.....that'll never happen
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Glad that he didn't ask his sister team to be in 3rd place.

From 2017 whenever ferrari started to build strong car, controversy is making around almost every season. 2017 (flexi wing) 2018 (Oil burning) 2019 (Dual Battery & Engine).
    I appreciate that ferrari trying to find loop holes & getting out with something. On the other hand FIA were light hearted on Mercs & whenever controversy surrounds their team FIA comes out and says it as legal.
    What happened to FRIIC suspension, by the time it was banned mercs won 3 titles. What would FIA say on this?
    Now its DAS, they say its legal for this season & not for the next season what a comedy show ?

From past i've been saying the same thing, current ferrari management isn't strong enough to fight with FIA & defend their position.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    As I said you can pretend all you like.
    And you can keep pretending all you like that Mercedes never got caught cheating while escaping punishment. Facts will remain facts.

They got caught alright those richous *******.

This whole thing is Embarrassing to say the least.. we actually need to know one thing and one thing only. Did Ferrari Cheat!!?! As a Fan of the sport and Ferrari my heart tells me no, but my head tells me yes

Breaking news on “planet f1” that toto triggered the complaint,think we all knew anyway but been confirmed,Helmut also wants $24 compensation and p2

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    This whole thing is Embarrassing to say the least.. we actually need to know one thing and one thing only. Did Ferrari Cheat!!?! As a Fan of the sport and Ferrari my heart tells me no, but my head tells me yes
    No, it is not embarrassing at all. Ferrari developed an innovative solution which completely baffled hybrid engine master Mercedes' Andy Cowell and co. Even FIA with all it's monitoring doesn't have a clue what Ferrari is doing, after their rigorous analysis, they couldn't prove that Ferrari cheated otherwise they would have said it clearly. They had their doubts but no conclusion which is why they had to do a settlement.

Ferrari engine department deserves a standing ovation. After a long long time, a team has come up with a solution which others can't even copy and also get rattled day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    From 2017 whenever ferrari started to build strong car, controversy is making around almost every season. 2017 (flexi wing) 2018 (Oil burning) 2019 (Dual Battery & Engine).
    I appreciate that ferrari trying to find loop holes & getting out with something. On the other hand FIA were light hearted on Mercs & whenever controversy surrounds their team FIA comes out and says it as legal.
    What happened to FRIIC suspension, by the time it was banned mercs won 3 titles. What would FIA say on this?
    Now its DAS, they say its legal for this season & not for the next season what a comedy show ?

From past i've been saying the same thing, current ferrari management isn't strong enough to fight with FIA & defend their position.
    Pretty much on point. Ever since LDM's purge to make the team more 'italian', Ferrari have been nothing but a toothless tiger.
    One of the prime example: 2011 blown diffuser fiasco. It was agreed that, starting from British GP the blown diffuser effect would get reduced by 90%, and there was no objection from any team whatsoever. But after Alonso dominated Silverstone and when both Red Bull and Mclaren got hammered, both of them cried to the FIA. And Ferrari, "for the good of the sport", decided to go back to the old blown diffuser system. Then there was the amount of rule breaking Red Bull did in 2012, I remember they were forced to change their illegal suspension system on Vettel's car under the parc ferme, but again Ferrari didn't protest, "for the good of the sport" obviously.

The old Todt-Brawn era ruthlessness came back when Sergio Marchionne took the helm. But unfortunately, his reign was short, and Ferrari under the current management, have gone back to the LDM-Domenicalli era "smile nice in font of the media" practice.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Pretty much on point. Ever since LDM's purge to make the team more 'italian', Ferrari have been nothing but a toothless tiger.
    One of the prime example: 2011 blown diffuser fiasco. It was agreed that, starting from British GP the blown diffuser effect would get reduced by 90%, and there was no objection from any team whatsoever. But after Alonso dominated Silverstone and when both Red Bull and Mclaren got hammered, both of them cried to the FIA. And Ferrari, "for the good of the sport", decided to go back to the old blown diffuser system. Then there was the amount of rule breaking Red Bull did in 2012, I remember they were forced to change their illegal suspension system on Vettel's car under the parc ferme, but again Ferrari didn't protest, "for the good of the sport" obviously.

The old Todt-Brawn era ruthlessness came back when Sergio Marchionne took the helm. But unfortunately, his reign was short, and Ferrari under the current management, have gone back to the LDM-Domenicalli era "smile nice in font of the media" practice.
    Binotto has written to the employees of the Racing Department (he usually does). He thanked everyone for their efforts during testing, noting that the car won't be fast enough to challenge for victory in Australia yet,but he hopes that there will be a quick reaction from everyone......Motosport_IT

Yup LDM was ruthless in taking any kind of political stand.
    I felt the same when SM took over from LDM. But after his sudden demise, ferrari management is short of such individuals.

Yup LDM was ruthless in taking any kind of political stand.
    I felt the same when SM took over from LDM. But after his sudden demise, ferrari management is short of such individuals.

FIA ‘couldn't prove' Ferrari breached the rules
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...hed_the_rules/

FIA STATEMENT FOLLOWING COMMUNICATION FROM SEVEN FORMULA 1 TEAMS

"The extensive and thorough investigations undertaken during the 2019 season raised suspicions that the Scuderia Ferrari PU could be considered as not operating within the limits of the FIA regulations at all times. The Scuderia Ferrari firmly opposed the suspicions and reiterated that its PU always operated in compliance with the regulations.The FIA was not fully satisfied but decided that further action would not necessarily result in a conclusive case due to the complexity of the matter and the material impossibility to provide the unequivocal evidence of a breach."
    So basically: They never found Ferrari guilty of cheating. They "think" Ferrari did something, but simply can't prove it.

Ferrari.....

I think the Binotto and co. should've fought harder, they should've demanded from the FIA to prove that what they were doing was illegal. But they simply gave up, or should I say "reached settlement" knowing that there was no conclusive evidence of cheating.

So basically: They never found Ferrari guilty of cheating. They "think" Ferrari did something, but simply can't prove it.

Ferrari.....

I think the Binotto and co. should've fought harder, they should've demanded from the FIA to prove that what they were doing was illegal. But they simply gave up, or should I say "reached settlement" knowing that there was no conclusive evidence of cheating.
    What bothers me is why Ferrari is allowing the FIA to drag it's name through mud and not trying to defend itself.

Checkmate Toto and co)))

My love for the sport is so high that I still like to continue,
    but I don’t see any reason to fix myself too early. © MS

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    What bothers me is why Ferrari is allowing the FIA to drag it's name through mud and not trying to defend itself.
    This is why Ferrari needed a man like Sergio. A leader who took no bullsh!t!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    This is why Ferrari needed a man like Sergio. A leader who took no bullsh!t!!!
    Definitely yes. He wouldn't put up with this nonsense.

Ferrari.....

Yup... Binotto was confident that they didn’t cross any limits. He should have defended it strongly before FIA.
    Anyways all is well now.

Dr. Marko should shut his mouth now & shouldn’t keep with ferrari anymore.
    Taxi team should fear their existence in F1

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    The whole "friendly" attitude from Ferrari's upper management have been bothering me for a while, I have no idea what they're hoping to gain by being too friendly and submissive.

The FIA can't prove anything and didn't want Ferrari to take them to court, and since they have no evidence of Ferrari's wrongdoing, they will certainly lose. And Ferrari, instead of fighting tooth and nail, just gave up a rather huge advantage.

There's a reason why other teams haven't protested Ferrari's result, because they too know quite well that they can't prove anything without having direct access to technical aspects of Ferrari's PU. (The whole "Whistleblower" narrative is quite interesting in that regard)

I love how social media is blowing up with Ferrai International Assistance, we haven’t won a title in 12 years - what kind of assistance we getting? Lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I really admire Mr. Binoto, he is cool, not big mouth, stays calm like as the priest ^^ even if whatever who say.... That is very good for the team.

Still innocent until proven guilty, or?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

It could mean that pu will be reintroduced shortly.Mercedes are desperate for the information.If it's not wrong then it's right .The fia have nothing.

Except that Marchione was a beast... God rest his soul...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

The Wolff is leading the pack in search of blood, that much is certain, the rest remain clouded in uncertainty at the moment! Still its possible the prancing horse will be eaten alive by the Wolff pack

I dont see how Binotto will survive this, he will be trashed and put under insane pressure!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso