Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Australian GP: Practices & Qualifying

So is the Gp going ahead or not? I been reading conflicting info.

I also read no official accounchment as something to do with sponsors able to get a refund depending on when the event gets cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So when it’s 5-5 what is that mean? A GO or no GO?
    We don't know yet. But it has to be clear in 8 minutes I guess, as that's the time the pitlane is open for engineers

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Benson says Vettel and Raikkonen have flown home. (Although Benson does have a habit of being wrong so take that with a pinch of salt). There is no way the race now goes ahead. It was stupid to fly to Melbourne anyway it was so obvious that someone would have the Coronavirus and the race would be off. What a terrible look for F1.
    Last edited by Christopher; 12th March 2020 at 21:58.

Speculation based on... I don't know what, but that's what I'm reading:

For racing: Mercedes, Red Bull, AlphaTauri, Racing Point, Williams
    Against racing: McLaren, Ferrari, Renault, Alfa Romeo, Haas

Mechanics of Alfa Romeo, Haas, Racing Point, Williams, AlphaTauri a Red Bull are in the paddock getting the cars ready

This is all messed up. Organisers still want the race to be held, but Kimi and Seb flew home, McLaren will not be racing, teams are 50/50... poor fans

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    This is all messed up. Organisers still want the race to be held, but Kimi and Seb flew home, McLaren will not be racing, teams are 50/50... poor fans
    do you blame them??? htey both are family men....of course they're outta there....i would be too.....LOL

see you guys in May or june....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

do you blame them??? htey both are family men....of course they're outta there....i would be too.....LOL

see you guys in May or june....
    Well I have familly too... but I still have to go to work, until I am allowed not to, or I would lose it. Guess they have the luxury not to do so.

Well I have familly too... but I still have to go to work, until I am allowed not to, or I would lose it. Guess they have the luxury not to do so.
    in all fairness, the race has been cancelled.....what are the drivers gonna do there?? stick around for what??? free corona virus???
    pretty sure Bahrain will be cancelled, vietnam is....so like i said, mini vacation for the drivers and see you all in May'ish...or maybe june if we're lucky
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

in all fairness, the race has been cancelled.....what are the drivers gonna do there?? stick around for what??? free corona virus???
    pretty sure Bahrain will be cancelled, vietnam is....so like i said, mini vacation for the drivers and see you all in May'ish...or maybe june if we're lucky
    The race was not cancelled... yet. Mechanics are in the paddock working on the cars. There is no statement yet.

The race was not cancelled... yet. Mechanics are in the paddock working on the cars. There is no statement yet.
    my understanding was that Ross Brown said a few days ago, that if ONE team doesn't make it or beign able to compete in the race....then the whole race weekend will be cancelled as it's NOT fair to that said team if all other teams go ahead and race....

so, now that Mclaren can't race because of workers actually having the Corona....well, it's NOT brain science.....the F1 show will NOT GO....

my understanding was that Ross Brown said a few days ago, that if ONE team doesn't make it or beign able to compete in the race....then the whole race weekend will be cancelled as it's NOT fair to that said team if all other teams go ahead and race....

so, now that Mclaren can't race because of workers actually having the Corona....well, it's NOT brain science.....the F1 show will NOT GO....
    He said that if the team couldn't get to the GP due to travel restrictions. Technically McLaren are able to compete, they chose not to due to 1 man.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    He said that if the team couldn't get to the GP due to travel restrictions. Technically McLaren are able to compete, they chose not to due to 1 man.
    oh, ok got you.....so let's race with NO spectators...oh, wait...one of our drivers just bailed out....LOL

cheers

He didn't say that. Basically what SS454 said is true. Basically... it's a huge mess

No announcement but fans blocked?
    https://www.racefans.net/2020/03/12/...be-allowed-in/

FIA just cancelled the race.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

oh, ok got you.....so let's race with NO spectators...oh, wait...one of our drivers just bailed out....LOL

cheers
    I am just stating what Ross Brawn said. McLaren did withdrawl because of 1 guy testing positive. What happened after that, well... it is what it is. I had the smallest hope that the GP would go on, that they'd find a way to control the situation, but I knew it was unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    FIA just cancelled the race.
    Source?

Seb and Kimi have left already

Seb and Kimi on the same flight
    IMG_8879.JPG

Motorsport Week @MotorsportWeek
    Statement from Mercedes: "The Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team has today sent a letter to the FIA and F1 requesting the cancellation of the 2020 Australian Grand Prix. We no longer feel the safety of our employees can be guaranteed if we continue to take part in the event." #F1
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Source?

https://twitter.com/MartynMassop/sta...34331924951040

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Motorsport Week @MotorsportWeek
    Statement from Mercedes: "The Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team has today sent a letter to the FIA and F1 requesting the cancellation of the 2020 Australian Grand Prix. We no longer feel the safety of our employees can be guaranteed if we continue to take part in the event." #F1
    i knew it HAD TO BE Merc....lol

Ok, so this is it then. Good night I guess

Ok, so this is it then. Good night I guess

lol.....yes....goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    lol.....yes....goodnight
    good night ya'll and next stop will be in May prolly....or longer if we're unlucky.....so, so SAD.....but hey, health is more important.....

C A N C E L L E D.
    2020 Season also??

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    C A N C E L L E D.
    2020 Season also??
    probably....the way it's going, i wouldnt' be surprised it it gets cancelled......thank you CHINA

so what's gonna happen to people that had tickets?? are they getting reimbursed?? or are they gonna eat the loss??

Iam afraid to say it but it looks like a very large portion of this year's f1 calender is going to be a non event.The risks simply outweigh the benefits.These are testing times at a global level and no aspect of what goes on,on mother earth is being spared carnage every where.Thanks china 1.4 billion times.