Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Australian GP: Practices & Qualifying

This is what happens when roughly 1 billion people (kids included) eat bats and forget about the hygiene.

If the vote truly was 5-5, I hope Ferrari voted against racing.

The new chinese national anthem below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtoMN_xi-AM

Lewis in an interview said, he can't understand why the FIA and all concerned were waiting so long to cancel this race. It was wrong to even have the teams show up. One would think the opposite from him, knowing he has so much to gain each race. Well said Lewis!

Mclaren pretty much withdrawn from Bahrain as well, all team members are under 14 days quarantine and are not allowed to enter the MTC.

I must give credit to Mclaren, seeing how they have handled the situation yesterday, and how they're handling the situation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis in an interview said, he can't understand why the FIA and all concerned were waiting so long to cancel this race. It was wrong to even have the teams show up. One would think the opposite from him, knowing he has so much to gain each race. Well said Lewis!
    Perks of being a 6 time world champion. He can speak his mind, and even if FOM or people in upper management gets upset they can't do anything to him.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Mclaren pretty much withdrawn from Bahrain as well, all team members are under 14 days quarantine and are not allowed to enter the MTC.

I must give credit to Mclaren, seeing how they have handled the situation yesterday, and how they're handling the situation right now.
    True. This would never have happened during the Ron Dennis years. He would have tried and find angle that he could exploit, the virus.

Question is, who can be sure what people any McLaren employee have been in conversation with since arriving in Melbourne? Anyone in the paddock, any other team's personnel? Some of our guys? Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    This is what happens when roughly 1 billion people (kids included) eat bats and forget about the hygiene.

If the vote truly was 5-5, I hope Ferrari voted against racing.

The new chinese national anthem below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtoMN_xi-AM
    Not funny, seriously. Imagine if this outbreak starts from your country.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    Not funny, seriously. Imagine if this outbreak starts from your country.
    In that regard I don't think this is funny at all. As for the chinese and their eating culture and habbits, I will make fun of that all day long.

I've always wondered, eating at a chinese restaurant, did I get pork like I ordered or was it cat, dog, bat, snake or any other thing with substance. So I stopped eating chinese decades ago because the texture was often different. It hit me one day.

Data in Italy till 4th March says the average age of more than 100 people who died was 81. Italy has the oldest population in Europe.

Fatality rate in South Korea is 0.6%, fatality rate in China is 0.7% excluding Wuhan where the rate is 5.8%

Horrendous job by all the organizers and Liberty Media. Complete farce.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR
    As for the chinese and their eating culture and habbits, I will make fun of that all day long.

I've always wondered, eating at a chinese restaurant, did I get pork like I ordered or was it cat, dog, bat, snake or any other thing with substance. So I stopped eating chinese decades ago because the texture was often different. It hit me one day.
    This is a disgusting sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Data in Italy till 4th March says the average age of more than 100 people who died was 81. Italy has the oldest population in Europe.
    Link?

That is a true figure as far as Italians over 80 being the main victims of the virus. In the USA as of Thurs. March 12, 41 deaths , almost all in retirement homes and people close to and at 80 yrs. old.

SARS-CoV-2 kills primarily older people with pre-existing heath conditions, but let's scare the hell out of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    probably....the way it's going, i wouldnt' be surprised it it gets cancelled......thank you CHINA
    They just needed to eat bats... not enough other things to eat? You need to eat damn bats?

I guess they ate all their pigeons already, so...

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    SARS-CoV-2 kills primarily older people with pre-existing heath conditions, but let's scare the hell out of everyone.

They just needed to eat bats... not enough other things to eat? You need to eat damn bats?

Bats, snakes,rats....you name it, they will eat anything....I know I’m ranting off, but it’s true
    Last edited by Rob; 13th March 2020 at 13:58.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Bats, snakes,rats....you name it, they will eat anything....I know I’m ranting off, but it’s true

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1598778/

It's not about what they eat, it's about how they eat it and how it is stored... Their wet markets are a thing from horror movies. Living animals next to dead meat, raw against cooked, no sanitizing, no hygiene, no soap, no... nothing. It's just animals eating animals basically, and that's why every serious virus comes from China. Someone should finally stop this thing. And they are everywhere in China.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

So, regarding the COVID-19 origins:

1.) Blame game going on.....China says it originated from a nearby U.S. Army base or personel.

2.) The more believable version was from a Chinese article that this virus was "leaked" from a Lab in the Wuhan area.

The rest of the viruses (SARS, MARS, N1H1, etc.), I really don't know how those originated.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

SARS-CoV-2 kills primarily older people with pre-existing heath conditions.
    And that makes it ok does it?
    Forza Ferrari

Eh paesano, you know Italians eat pigeons and quails right?

The French eat frogs legs, the Brits have haggis, and the Italians have their version, trippa…
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Especially when we all have parents and grandparents... it is very dangerous amongst the elderly and we have to do our best to contain this virus for them....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Especially when we all have parents and grandparents... it is very dangerous amongst the elderly and we have to do our best to contain this virus for them....
    Forza Ferrari

While I agree with you we should be more wary of the dangers to elderly and of course very young children as well, but this is something to consider.

In the USA alone:

Estimated 35,520,883 cases of the flu in 2018-19.
    3,073,227 (8.65%) were people 65+ years old
    34,157 total deaths by flu (0.1%)
    25,555 (74.8%) of those deaths were 65+ years of age

The flu has the same trend as coronavirus. However currently corono is about 1.5-3x more contagious than the flu, and the death rate is currently about 4x higher. However I don't think those figures are entirely accurate as the CDC uses estimate figures for flu, while corona is far more accurately tracked for critical/serious cases and deaths. I would bet 2-4x as many people have the virus that are not tracked yet.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

No, but the point is it poses little danger to the teams who are relatively healthy with little or no pre-existing conditions.

No, but the point is it poses little danger to the teams who are relatively healthy with little or no pre-existing conditions.
    But it would take medics etc away from helping the sick because they have to attend a GP...also those team members might also you know have older people in the family that they would rather not infect...
    Forza Ferrari

But it would take medics etc away from helping the sick because they have to attend a GP...also those team members might also you know have older people in the family that they would rather not infect...
    So much soy in that statement. Okay dude. Have it your way.

Eh paesano, you know Italians eat pigeons and quails right?

The French eat frogs legs, the Brits have haggis, and the Italians have their version, trippa…
    As long as they are cooked properly...... eat away.

So much soy in that statement. Okay dude. Have it your way.
    So it's ok for F1 people to infect the elderly as long as you get a race to watch? give it up you won't be seeing F1 for a while quite rightly.
    Forza Ferrari

The problem with going all out and closing everything and basically shutting down the world..... what happens in 2 years when the next virus appears? We didn't shut down with SARS, or Avian or Swine or MERS. Precautions need to be taken but is this expected to be the new norm every time a virus comes around. Personally I think things have gone a bit too far and I think (hope) that in 2 months time we'll look back and see that this was more hype than an extinction event.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    The problem with going all out and closing everything and basically shutting down the world..... what happens in 2 years when the next virus appears? We didn't shut down with SARS, or Avian or Swine or MERS. Precautions need to be taken but is this expected to be the new norm every time a virus comes around. Personally I think things have gone a bit too far and I think (hope) that in 2 months time we'll look back and see that this was more hype than an extinction event.
    The next one will be worse. I don't think people realize the economic impact this is having and going to have.