Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel is leaving Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Winning car, please?

This is what we need. A winning car.

We had one in 2018 that was capable of winning races regularly and with a bit of luck could have clinched the championship, but Vettel denied that with his incompetence and mistake after mistake....

Winning car, please?

This is what we need. A winning car.
    Agree 100% and with none of the car shortcomings we have had to endure to allow our drivers to fight on every track from the word go. Then it wouldn't matter so much who was driving!

Noone can tell what shape Alonso is in. And there is no need for yet another round of troubles.
    We have Charles and we need one more fast wingman.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aroutis; 12th May 2020 at 12:18.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Noone can tell what shape Alonso is in. And there is no need for yet another round of troubles.

I agree...

I agree...

Bye Vettel, welcome Sainz.

Vettel has been pretty underwhelming, I wonder where are those that said he was Ferrari's savior, the perfect team player, the balance in the force...... 0 titles, 0 fights until the end, countless mistakes, dirty in the track and disrespecting the race director live. Good riddance.

Good luck to him in whatever he does, I have nothing against him as a person, as a driver he is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post

Vettel has been pretty underwhelming, I wonder where are those that said he was Ferrari's savior, the perfect team player, the balance in the force...... 0 titles, 0 fights until the end, countless mistakes, dirty in the track and disrespecting the race director live. Good riddance.

Good luck to him in whatever he does, I have nothing against him as a person, as a driver he is overrated.
    But he is a 4 x WDC winner....could it be luck or skill??

Looks likely that Sainz is going to be confirmed. Should be announced this week.

Noone can tell what shape Alonso is in.
    LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Looks likely that Sainz is going to be confirmed. Should be announced this week.
    Decent option I suppose.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

A bit of both, not to mention under a different formula (V-8 w/KERS) and the second best team behind Mercedes then and now.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Seb was following a dream from his mentor, albeit under a different formula, and it cost him greatly. Massa was a WDC for 33 seconds, Alonso came close (3pts) of winning for the Scuderia in the WDC, and now Seb, a 4x WDC whom did'nt even come close as the other two during his tenure with Ferrari under this Turbo Hybrid formula.

Yes, Sebs days are done....such is the life cycle of a multi-winning WDC champion.....rise, peak, and decline.

Yeah is going to be Sainz, even Alonso is hinting at it on his instagram. Sainz is very temperamental and I doubt his father will let him fall into the #2 mindset unless Leclerc is significantly better. I sense a great pair or a lot of troubles for Ferrari, hope for the best as I like both drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Decent option I suppose.
    I would rather have Ricciardo or Alonso. Sainz is good but not good enough to be in a title fight.
    But that said I'll take Sainz over Hamilton any day.

Bittersweet day for Ferrari fans. I never liked Seb at Red Bull; obviously as we was winning and constantly waiving the finger at us LOL. However, I grew to like him at Ferrari. He quickly learned Italian and immersed himself into Ferrari's culture. He won 14 races and has had numerous podiums. With that said, the mistakes started to pile up in the past few years. I am excited for Ferrari's next chapter with Leclerc leading the team. Curious to see who we do choose for the number 2 seat. Brundle seems to think it will be Sainz.

Brundle on Twitter:

"I’ll take a punt on this. Sainz to Ferrari. Ricciardo to McLaren. Vettel or Alonso to Renault. I’ll miss Seb if he retires, quality guy, quality driver. A champion and an adult."
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Sainz is very temperamental and I doubt his father will let him fall into the #2 mindset unless Leclerc is significantly better.
    Leclerc is the "de-facto" #1 driver for Ferrari. He's got it. Now let's see if Ferrari can deliver a winning car plus execute behind the pit wall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevertmyhero View Post
    I would rather have Ricciardo or Alonso. Sainz is good but not good enough to be in a title fight.
    But that said I'll take Sainz over Hamilton any day.
    hamilton would NEVER come to Ferrari when he knows he's capable of winning at LEAST two more wdc's with that Taxi at mercedes....the merc has been UNBEATABLE in this hybrid formula

hopefully with the new rules change in 2022, we'll see a Merc decline.....

Bring in George Russell
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Yeah is going to be Sainz, even Alonso is hinting at it on his instagram. Sainz is very temperamental and I doubt his father will let him fall into the #2 mindset unless Leclerc is significantly better. I sense a great pair or a lot of troubles for Ferrari, hope for the best as I like both drivers.
    Oh don't worry. Sainz is not someone who'd bother Leclerc. And it doesn't matter who his father is, he can't teach is son to driver a F1 car faster than Charles. And Ferrari aren't some mom and pop team that would tolerate troubles from number 2 driver. This is once in a lifetime opportunity for someone like Sainz, and I'm pretty sure he knows it. It'd be downright idiotic if he squanders it because of his own temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Bring in George Russell
    Unfortunately, Mercedes have him locked-down. I'm pretty sure 2020 is Bottas's final year at Mercedes, and in 2021 they would put Russell in the second seat.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Number of titles won or not won does not show complete caliber of any driver

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Bring in George Russell
    Yeah he just beat Leclerc in EA2019, albeit by cutting the chicane 33 laps out of 33 lol, but still....

Did any of you guys watch that by the way, it was hilarious.... Russell cut the chicane basically the last 15 laps, received a 3 second time penalty, got passed Leclerc with like 5 laps to go.... and Leclerc had to not allow Russell to build a 3 second lead.... but to do that, he had to cut the chicane too or Russell would have just gained to much time, only to be given a time penalty with like 2 laps to go.... massive glitch in the EA penalization system lol

Oh and in my opinion, which wont be popular, I would hope it would be Hamilton.... don't care about anything else but results....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

hopefully hamilton, we need a solid #2 driver lol
    Interviewer: “The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?”
    Kimi: “It protects my head.”

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And Ferrari aren't some mom and pop team that would tolerate troubles from number 2 driver.

Perhaps no, but they have proven to be pretty bad at handling two competitive drivers in the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yeah he just beat Leclerc in EA2019, albeit by cutting the chicane 33 laps out of 33 lol, but still....

Did any of you guys watch that by the way, it was hilarious.... Russell cut the chicane basically the last 15 laps, received a 3 second time penalty, got passed Leclerc with like 5 laps to go.... and Leclerc had to not allow Russell to build a 3 second lead.... but to do that, he had to cut the chicane too or Russell would have just gained to much time, only to be given a time penalty with like 2 laps to go.... massive glitch in the EA penalization system lol

Oh and in my opinion, which wont be popular, I would hope it would be Hamilton.... don't care about anything else but results....
    this is what i think about hamilton....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRizza View Post
    hopefully hamilton, we need a solid #2 driver lol

Perhaps no, but they have proven to be pretty bad at handling two competitive drivers in the last years.
    Yes, two 'competitive' drivers. One is a 4xWDC and still better than half of the grid, another one dominated junior formulas, came to F1 while being regarded as a hot property and then beats his 4xWDC teammate in his 2nd year in F1 and 1st year at Ferrari. One the other hand, Sainz is neither as talented as Leclerc nor regarded as equal to Vettel.

The Leclerc-Sainz will be just like Alo-Mas or Vet-Rai lineup, and I don't consider Sainz to be better than either Massa or Raikkonen. But if you think Sainz is going to be even bigger challenge for Leclerc than Vettel, then I have nothing to say.

Yes, two 'competitive' drivers. One is a 4xWDC and still better than half of the grid, another one dominated junior formulas, came to F1 while being regarded as a hot property and then beats his 4xWDC teammate in his 2nd year in F1 and 1st year at Ferrari. One the other hand, Sainz is neither as talented as Leclerc nor regarded as equal to Vettel.

The Leclerc-Sainz will be just like Alo-Mas or Vet-Rai lineup, and I don't consider Sainz to be better than either Massa or Raikkonen. But if you think Sainz is going to be even bigger challenge for Leclerc than Vettel, then I have nothing to say.
    he may NOT be a bigger challenge for Charles than Vettel was, but at least he'd be a good and obeying #2 driver to him.....

and for Sainz's deffence, he's never had a good competitive car so he can show what he can do....at least Ferrari will give him a car capable of WINS and podiums, and together with Charles, Ferrari may finally clinch WCC.....which for me is more important than WDC...

oh, and all of that, at a fraction of hte salary the OVERRATED, UNDERPERFORMING Vettel was making....

But if you think Sainz is going to be even bigger challenge for Leclerc than Vettel, then I have nothing to say.
    As a matter of fact I think Sainz will be more consistent and less error prone than Leclerc and that will give Leclerc some troubles, but hey good for you if you think Sainz is another Massa.

I wonder how Vettel will perform this season if it starts...weird situation.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso