Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel is leaving Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    I wonder how Vettel will perform this season if it starts...weird situation.
    tell you how he will if this season will ever start.....continue to do his pirouettes that he mastered in both 2018 and 2019.....LOL...i know, i know....sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    As a matter of fact I think Sainz will be more consistent and less error prone than Leclerc and that will give Leclerc some troubles, but hey good for you if you think Sainz is another Massa.
    So "I don't consider Sainz to be better than Massa = Sainz is another Massa"

And it's not like Leclerc was making mistakes left and right last year. He was as consistent as Ham/Ves after Austria and would've finished 3rd on the championships, if not for Vettel's boneheaded move in Brazil. And with more experience, he will be more proficient with his race-craft.

And saying Sainz is less error prone is completely untrue. He was involved in plenty of on-track infractions last year.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    he may NOT be a bigger challenge for Charles than Vettel was, but at least he'd be a good and obeying #2 driver to him.....

and for Sainz's deffence, he's never had a good competitive car so he can show what he can do....at least Ferrari will give him a car capable of WINS and podiums, and together with Charles, Ferrari may finally clinch WCC.....which for me is more important than WDC...

oh, and all of that, at a fraction of hte salary the OVERRATED, UNDERPERFORMING Vettel was making....
    Think is, you don't need a world beater car to catch everyone's attention. Charles and Max caught peoples attention with some eye-catching performances in the midfield. Sainz on the other hand done nothing. He had the measure of Kvyat and Norris, and got pretty handily beaten by Max and Hulk.

And sure, he got a podium in last years Brazil. But so did Gasly, and he did it while fending off Hamilton-Mercedes, and Sainz got the P3 because of Hamilton's penalty.

And Vettel may be overrated and underperforming, but he is still miles ahead of someone like Sainz.

All the best for the rest for his career. He had good races & bad races as well.
    I sense he’s retiring from F1.
    If money is the concern, McLaren wouldn’t offer that much as Ferrari does.
    So it might be No.1 status which he lost & long term contract. So I see him retiring from F1.
    All in all, we respect his decision.

I think Carlos will pair with Leclerc, just official confirmation is left.

As they say, when there is smoke there is fire:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/carlos-sainz-ferrari-4/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Think is, you don't need a world beater car to catch everyone's attention. Charles and Max caught peoples attention with some eye-catching performances in the midfield. Sainz on the other hand done nothing. He had the measure of Kvyat and Norris, and got pretty handily beaten by Max and Hulk.

And sure, he got a podium in last years Brazil. But so did Gasly, and he did it while fending off Hamilton-Mercedes, and Sainz got the P3 because of Hamilton's penalty.

And Vettel may be overrated and underperforming, but he is still miles ahead of someone like Sainz.
    maybe he is miles ahead of someone like Sainz, but at least Ferrari won't spend GIZILLONS of dollars on him and he won't be rocking the boat like Vettel did last year, damanding that he was #1, yet someone that ONLY had one previous year of F1 experience SPANKED Vettel's you know what regularly and if it weren't for the team favoring a 4 x WDC, Charles would have have WAY more points and maybe even 3rd in wdc standings

but you can talk all you want about your IDOL VETTEL......i'm glad he's finally got the BOOT in the rear end

Rumours are Ham might retire at 2020 & Vettel going to Mercs as per RTL.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    can't see that happening..........hamster won't give up a chance at EASILY winning 2XWDC's in that taxi of Mercedes....
    oh, and not to mention the money he'll be pulling if he extends his contract.....NOT that he doesn't have GIZILLIONS of $'s in his bank account already....but hey, MORE is always better, NO???

maybe he is miles ahead of someone like Sainz, but at least Ferrari won't spend GIZILLONS of dollars on him and he won't be rocking the boat like Vettel did last year, damanding that he was #1, yet someone that ONLY had one previous year of F1 experience SPANKED Vettel's you know what regularly and if it weren't for the team favoring a 4 x WDC, Charles would have have WAY more points and maybe even 3rd in wdc standings

but you can talk all you want about your IDOL VETTEL......i'm glad he's finally got the BOOT in the rear end

Vettel's my idol!? I'm sure most here would say I'm one of Vettel's biggest critic here.

And I always consider Canadians to be pretty chill, but I guess there is always a bad apple in the bunch. Try to calm yourself and stop using caps-lock, it makes you look like a edgy teenager. Or maybe you're a edgy teenager...who knows.

Vettel's my idol!? I'm sure most here would say I'm one of Vettel's biggest critic here.

And I always consider Canadians to be pretty chill, but I guess there is always a bad apple in the bunch. Try to calm yourself and stop using caps-lock, it makes you look like a edgy teenager. Or maybe you're a edgy teenager...who knows.
    sorry, my bad mate.....i got a sense that you may be a vettel fan...again my bad
    oh, and i am pretty chill, is just that some things irritate me as i'm sure it does others....lol

i may agree with you taht Sainz may not be teh ideal replacement, but WHO else would we have gotten??
    Ricciardo wold not have coem to ferrairi without racing on equal terms with Charles, not to mention the salary he'd be demanding and pretty much all other drivers are either taken OR not worth bringing over....so for now Sainz is cheap and if ferrari will give him a car capable of wins, i'm sure he'll rack some good points, podiums.....and hopefully enough points between the two drivers to bring home the long awaited WCC

you tell me, who would have been your 1st choice to bring along side CHarles???

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Maybe Wolff and Vettel will go to Aston-Mercedes in 2021. Although, I can see Vettel retiring before Ham to be honest.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Maybe Wolff and Vettel will go to Aston-Mercedes in 2021. Although, I can see Vettel retiring before Ham to be honest.
    totally agree.....who in their right mind would retire from a team that's almost (and saying almost given the records merc has been braking since this new hybrid formula that started in 2014) a guarantee of winning another 2 WDC's......so no, hamster is hrere to stay for another 2 years at least
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I'd really like to know why Ferrari is considering Sainz, ie what's their evaluation of him?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

sorry, my bad mate.....i got a sense that you may be a vettel fan...again my bad
    oh, and i am pretty chill, is just that some things irritate me as i'm sure it does others....lol
    Well...it's not like I don't post here often. Last year I had some pretty colorful discussions with Vettel165 and chinmay...so I don't see how you consider me being a Vettel fan. And reasonably happy with Ferrari's decision to replace Vettle. So no ham dome...and all is good here. And I apologize for the 'edge teenager' jibe.

i may agree with you taht Sainz may not be teh ideal replacement, but WHO else would we have gotten??
    Ricciardo wold not have coem to ferrairi without racing on equal terms with Charles, not to mention the salary he'd be demanding and pretty much all other drivers are either taken OR not worth bringing over....so for now Sainz is cheap and if ferrari will give him a car capable of wins, i'm sure he'll rack some good points, podiums.....and hopefully enough points between the two drivers to bring home the long awaited WCC

you tell me, who would have been your 1st choice to bring along side CHarles???
    But I never said "Sainz isn't the ideal replacement". I have no problem with Sainz since he's going to be a solid number 2 driver for Ferrari.

But the poster I was replying kept saying how Sainz would give Leclerc a run for his money (even a bigger challenge than Vettel ) and how it would create "troubles" inside Ferrari, that notion to me was downright hilarious and a bit idiotic.

Sure Sainz's father may be a ex rally champion and he may not like seeing his son playing second fiddle to Leclerc, but that's hardly matter. Getting the Ferrari seat will be a once in a life time opportunity for someone like Sainz, and I'm pretty sure Ferrari would make sure that he knows his place inside the team.

I am sorry for Seb and for the tifosi that it hasn't worked out, he did apply himself to the Ferrari culture and has had some great races with us, but the mistakes were just getting too frequent. I do wonder how this season, if it gets going, will pan out for our team and whether Seb may make it even harder for Charles to show he has the upper hand at Ferrari, will he make life difficult for the team? I imagine that Vettel the person is sensible and mature enough to see beyond any such behaviour. If Sainz is confirmed for 2021, we will have to wait and see if that was a good decision, but if he's as good as Felipe was in his heyday, it won't be that bad!

By no means Sainz would trouble Charles, maybe that’s what Ferrari want. Question is, is he good enough to pick up bones, should Charles fail occasionally?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'd really like to know why Ferrari is considering Sainz, ie what's their evaluation of him?
    Maybe Alonso called and gave him a good reference
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I guess Ferrari is looking for a new butler.

Personally, I would rather have Hamilton/Dani Ric at Ferrari. But I guess Ferrari now looking for someone who wouldn't cause too much trouble inside the team. Sainz is a ideal driver for that purpose, not someone who's quick enough to trouble Leclerc but good enough to bag some one valuable WCC points, while being very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I am sorry for Seb and for the tifosi that it hasn't worked out, he did apply himself to the Ferrari culture and has had some great races with us, but the mistakes were just getting too frequent. I do wonder how this season, if it gets going, will pan out for our team and whether Seb may make it even harder for Charles to show he has the upper hand at Ferrari, will he make life difficult for the team? I imagine that Vettel the person is sensible and mature enough to see beyond any such behaviour. If Sainz is confirmed for 2021, we will have to wait and see if that was a good decision, but if he's as good as Felipe was in his heyday, it won't be that bad!
    I am wondering the same thing....will he behave and make an honest title shot? Or will he make life difficult for Ferrari and Charles?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Noone can tell what shape Alonso is in. And there is no need for yet another round of troubles.
    We have Charles and we need one more fast wingman.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    You do know he'd been driving 4x GPs distances racing in the WEC?

Ferrari are correctly putting their investment and support into Leclerc. Vettel wanted no part of that. Some claim he deliberately tanked his season in 2014, but I thought he just got beat by Riccardo and Vettel doesn't perform his greatest when he has a teammate beating him.

I think it will be sad to see Sainz join, as I have always wanted to see Riccardo join Ferrari, or even a return of Alonso. But in all honesty, Riccardo wants to be a #1, and he can't be next to Charles. Alonso, same deal, but Alonso is even worse because he demands the car gets developed to his needs. He would have to come in contracted as a clear #2, which is a proven strategy.

I agree with the aforementioned that Ferrari can't focus on both Seb and Leclerc so putting all cards on one driver is the right choice. Leclerc is the younger guy with the more potential for the future. Now who can replace Vettel? A more hungrier driver or a more tentative driver?

Well...it's not like I don't post here often. Last year I had some pretty colorful discussions with Vettel165 and chinmay...so I don't see how you consider me being a Vettel fan. And reasonably happy with Ferrari's decision to replace Vettle. So no ham dome...and all is good here. And I apologize for the 'edge teenager' jibe.

But I never said "Sainz isn't the ideal replacement". I have no problem with Sainz since he's going to be a solid number 2 driver for Ferrari.

But the poster I was replying kept saying how Sainz would give Leclerc a run for his money (even a bigger challenge than Vettel ) and how it would create "troubles" inside Ferrari, that notion to me was downright hilarious and a bit idiotic.

Sure Sainz's father may be a ex rally champion and he may not like seeing his son playing second fiddle to Leclerc, but that's hardly matter. Getting the Ferrari seat will be a once in a life time opportunity for someone like Sainz, and I'm pretty sure Ferrari would make sure that he knows his place inside the team.
    yeah, i totally agree with everything you've said....Sainz is not a top driver so the thought of that other poster saying that he would give Charles a run for his money......wow, that is a little far fetched.
    Sainz knows that this is a one in a lifetime opportunity to drive for Ferrari, the most iconic team in the world and i bet he would sign on that dotted line in a heardbeat even if it means being a support role to Charles

Charles has proven himself over and over that he's hte real deal....and that's why Ferrari couuld not wait to get their hands of him
    i've wathched Charles since the days of him racing in F2....and i thought to myself, this kid will one day be an F1 champion, and i'm glad Ferrari chose to bring him on board, the racing craft and skills he showed even in F2 were second to NONE

Personally, I would rather have Hamilton/Dani Ric at Ferrari. But I guess Ferrari now looking for someone who wouldn't cause too much trouble inside the team. Sainz is a ideal driver for that purpose, not someone who's quick enough to trouble Leclerc but good enough to bag some one valuable WCC points, while being very cheap.
    well mercedes has one, WHY not Ferrari???
    Vettal would NOT play second fiddle to Charles....maybe Ferrari did offer him another 1 or 2 years extension with a LOT lower pay and a number # 2 status to Charles and he chose not to take it.....a 4xWDC playing second fiddle to Charles??? he thought to himself, he's too good for that......so Ferrari showed him the door.....LOL

exacllty my point.....hamster and Ric would want a boat load of money and having two top drivers in a team is asking for trouble.....as we've seen many times before

I just watched a video saying Bottas is a possible choice. And there is some sense there. He's a clear #2, does a good job at it, and for Mercedes it opens the door for George Russell to come in. It's hard to gauge him against Kubica alone, but I think George is a talent and teams definitely need to keep their eye on him.

It will be a shame if Riccardo doesn't land the seat as I think it would make for the most potent driver line up, and I think Charles and Riccardo would have no problems racing clean with each other. There are a lot of choices of having a #2 to Charles, but Riccardo is the best driver available for 2021. Choosing Sainz doesn't challenge Charles, which sometimes can prevent a driver from improving. While it doesn't take points away from Charles, it doesn't really score extra points either. I don't think a WDC is realistic against Mercedes, but ensuring 2nd place in the WCC is vital with Red Bull getting better.

I have completely overlooked that one point. CHEAP. With team budgets coming, they cannot have 2 expensive drivers. Charles will be looking for a big contract and probably deserves it, and Riccardo already has one with Renault and will expect at least the same money as Charles.

I think Sainz for sure will be the driver, with Bottas as the only other chance now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    As a matter of fact I think Sainz will be more consistent and less error prone than Leclerc and that will give Leclerc some troubles, but hey good for you if you think Sainz is another Massa.
    Yea, no, Leclerc will destroy him. Sainz was beaten by Hulk in his 4th season, Leclerc has beaten Vettel in his 2nd.

OK. So steps for 2021 should be:
    First to build bulletprooflightningalltracktypefastcar
    Second to get LH and bunch of his tech guys from Mercedes to Ferrari
    Third change all the working culture in Ferrari, like it was in Todt/Brawn era
    Fourth dominate for years!!!
    Simple as that

Honestly I don't mind whoever they get, as long as they build team and car capable of winning CWC and WDC, finally!
    Last edited by stefa; 12th May 2020 at 18:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Alonso please....
    You called?

Recently, Fernando Alonso announced in an Instagram Live, “I know more or less what I’m doing for next year, and hopefully many of you will know soon,”