Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel is leaving Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    The originally had, what? 6-8 races.
    If they get 10 or 8 in, it’s a season.
    Damn right
    And it wasn't that long time ago... At least for those which are 40+ :) like me
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    How do you figure????

I realize manufactureres are not going back to V-12's or, my favorite V-10's,.......such is the state of the global green deal.

Stick a 3ltr V-10 in a 2017 or 2018 F1 car and the times would be the same if not better. There are still tracks today, not alot, that still retain 2004 records.
    That's why I initially wrote "don't dumb down the cars and the sport in general" because one has to have in mind the complete package and that includes the weight, chassis, fuel load, tyres etc along with the PU.

Back in the day FIA put restrictions in the regs so that engineers really had to work hard in order to make the cars faster each year. The proposed regs for the future are not about restrictions anymore, it's about cutting down evolution at its knees just so that smaller teams maybe can be more competitive. It's not even proven that will be the case. It may be the opposite.

In my opinion, this kind of meddling with the FI DNA will backfire in the future. If evolution isn't allowed to be a natural process, but has to be manufactured, then it will lead to complacency and stagnation. I've written a lot of posts about it in other thread. For every team that naturally disappears from F1 the bigger teams should be allowed to enter 3rd of 4th cars. Right now we have basicly approx 75% of the drivers driving cars that can't win and that is destroying the careers of these drivers. Many drivers should be given better cars to prove themselves. If some teams can't give them that because of limitations in their organizations then maybe F1 has got away from them.

Back on topic.

Welcome Carlos Sainz Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Louis has no #1 only clause in any of his contracts. Bottas just can't beat him for the spot. He for sure tried this past season.
    How do u know? Have u seen the contract yourself? If so please do post it, I’d like to see too....get real, first page I’d the contract prolly says in bold.....you’re signing for a butler position...a.k.a.....#2

Quote Originally Posted by f150italia View Post
    Vettel turned down offer from Ferrari and McLaren.

Yeah, as if Vettel is really in a position to turn down offers. Here's Zak Brown, speaking about Ricciardo and Vettel: https://streamable.com/2fvdc1

Brown clearly states that Mclaren never pursued Vettel as an option. Now go and read what Binotto said back in December. The fact is, Ferrari signed up Charles for 5 more years as soon as the 2019 season ended and not pursued Vettel contract extension. And according to Gazzetta, negotiations did not even get as far as discussing money before being called off.

Fact is, Vettel is pretty undesirable. Millions of fans, including myself, don't rate him highly. And it seems team principals of major teams feels the same way.

"Looks" like Alonso is back
    "Looks" like it. It was an educated guess, and Alonso's return will mostly depend on Alonso himself. If he perceived Renault as an ever improving prospect with big potentials, then he will join them. If not, then Renault will definitely go for a young driver, probably Zhou or Lundgaard.

P.S: Vettel is another option.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 15th May 2020 at 14:20.

"Looks" like Alonso is back
    I hope its true. The grid isnt the same without him. But as tifosi1993 said, if Renault are showing promise, he might jump in. If its going to be another 2015 mclaren, makes no sense.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    "Looks" like it. It was an educated guess, and Alonso's return will mostly depend on Alonso himself. If he perceived Renault as an ever improving prospect with big potentials, then he will join them. If not, then Renault will definitely go for a young driver, probably Zhou or Lundgaard.

Alonso brings sponsorship money and the talk is Liberty is footing part of his salary.

Renault has not and will not improve as an F1 team.

This is a 40yr old 2x WDC driver with F1 aspirations......unfortunately it's with the wrong team and his team-mate MIGHT show him up.

I don't see Vettel as an option. Seb should retire as he has no where to go that will pay him $40million...........he's done.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Happy for Seb he left this ferrari team. You lost the best car development driver in the field. Ferrari wouldnt be so strong in last years without his involment. Charles is too young and sainz also. Next year I expect ferrari to jump back to the fourth best car on the grid with mclaren jumping them. Seb happy for his career he is the most humble world champion. Always for him. You wont win the wdc for at least 5 years from now. Charles will now have the pressure and the likes of Seb Alonso crumble under ferrari pressure I am sure Charles cant hold it out for long. Last year Seb was still quicker than Charles in race with more pace. Thank god the nightmare Seb had is over ferrari will miss him soon enough.

In Seb we trust, 15 wins in Ferrari the only who could fight with Hamilton for the wdc after 2014. Ferrari is a true dream buster for all drivers in last 25 years and this will continue. Just Michael was the best but had amazing team back than.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Happy for Seb he left this ferrari team. You lost the best car development driver in the field. Ferrari wouldnt be so strong in last years without his involment. Charles is too young and sainz also. Next year I expect ferrari to jump back to the fourth best car on the grid with mclaren jumping them. Seb happy for his career he is the most humble world champion. Always for him. You wont win the wdc for at least 5 years from now. Charles will now have the pressure and the likes of Seb Alonso crumble under ferrari pressure I am sure Charles cant hold it out for long. Last year Seb was still quicker than Charles in race with more pace. Thank god the nightmare Seb had is over ferrari will miss him soon enough.

In Seb we trust, 15 wins in Ferrari the only who could fight with Hamilton for the wdc after 2014. Ferrari is a true dream buster for all drivers in last 25 years and this will continue. Just Michael was the best but had amazing team back than.
    All that development is useless if you keep spinning the car in circles or crashing into other drivers... it was time for Vettel to leave and everyone knew it....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Just wait until the pressure kicks in Charles and he will crash the same and spin around. Seb pushed the car to the limit always because car was slower than Mercedes and with very bad team strategy calls and reliability didnt help.

Goodbye I am finally leaving this forum. As there are many members here who are just hating each other. Its an absolute relief Seb left wow fell amazing even if he retires its better than to get destroyed by this team. Sorry but its reality poor massa, kimi, Alonso, Seb and next is leclerc. Just wait for years and Come back to this post.

What does the failed contract extension mean for Ferrari? That the most successful racing team in Formula 1 history will soon be led by a young star. From 2021, Ferrari will break away from the experience that Vettel brought to the team. This could be lacking, especially in vehicle development. Vettel is one who points out mechanical deficits, who not only senses them in the car, but can also name them.

In this context, Seabstian Vettel’s loyalty and behaviour towards Ferrari must be rated even higher. He has never publicly criticized his team. He acted as Michael Schumacher once did. Criticism is made behind closed doors. Quite unlike Alonso between 2010 and 2014, the Spaniard hinted between the lines that the driver would do heroic deeds and that the car was more or less crap. Vettel can lead a team. Alonso, many in the paddock say, cannot.

http://scuderiafans.com/amus-explain...Lcn7K8CzjmHRPQ

Amazing and realistic post. I like leclerc and all starting to like him more, but feel bad for him as if ferrari will not change as a team, they will again fail. They need a non Italian management. Some english or a German guy.

Just wait until the pressure kicks in Charles and he will crash the same and spin around. Seb pushed the car to the limit always because car was slower than Mercedes and with very bad team strategy calls and reliability didnt help.

Goodbye I am finally leaving this forum. As there are many members here who are just hating each other. Its an absolute relief Seb left wow fell amazing even if he retires its better than to get destroyed by this team. Sorry but its reality poor massa, kimi, Alonso, Seb and next is leclerc. Just wait for years and Come back to this post.
    You have no way of knowing that.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    All that development is useless if you keep spinning the car in circles or crashing into other drivers... it was time for Vettel to leave and everyone knew it....
    And see how much other teams value him:

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/15/...els-best-move/

According to sources, Vettel knocked on doors at both Red Bull and McLaren. The former listened intently, then made clear its commitment is to younger (cheaper) talent, as Verstappen siphons off most of its budget and drivers such as Alexander Albon costs a fifth of Vettel’s minimum price. Apparently, McLaren did not even open the door for negotiations, having decided on Ricciardo after Sainz requested a release.
    Ouch, pretty damning isn't it. That a midfield team like Mclaren showed Vettel the 'finger'.
    Goes to show much Ferrari actually over-valued this guy. Those 40 millions/year should've been spent into car and wind-tunnel development. Thank god Charles happened and Ferrari finally grown some senses and kicked out this extremely overrated and over-payed ballerina.

Yeah, as if Vettel is really in a position to turn down offers. Here's Zak Brown, speaking about Ricciardo and Vettel: https://streamable.com/2fvdc1

Brown clearly states that Mclaren never pursued Vettel as an option. Now go and read what Binotto said back in December. The fact is, Ferrari signed up Charles for 5 more years as soon as the 2019 season ended and not pursued Vettel contract extension. And according to Gazzetta, negotiations did not even get as far as discussing money before being called off.

Fact is, Vettel is pretty undesirable. Millions of fans, including myself, don't rate him highly. And it seems team principals of major teams feels the same way.
    the FINAL nail in the "coffin" that ended vettel's so called racing career (well not over yet, but it seems it's going that way with NO ONE wanting him for a drive)....was having Charles as a teammate in 2019....i knew hands down and i could have bet dollars to donuts that when that kid will show up driving the RED car will embarrass and humilliate the crap out of Vettel adn show him who's boss....

vettel is nothign but an overrated, overpaid driver that got lucky driving Neweys rocketships that even my grandma could have driven those and win races....well not really,but you get my drift
    too bad Ferrari have spend SOOOOOOOO much moolah on him when they could have gotten Danny Ric instead back in 2015.....and maybe, just maybe we could have had another, possibly 2 WDC's by now....just guessing here

somehow i doubt that....i see vettel retiring after this year

u're STILL on this forum??? i thought for sure you'd be signing off since your idol will NOT drive for the RED team next year....

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    LOLOLOL...........one thing he mastered while at Ferrari.....being a ballerina.....he should have at least 2 WDC's for that....LMFAO
    i'm glad Charles showed him who's boss in his rookie first with Ferrari.....Vettel is nowhere without Adrian Newey's rockets that he used to qualify on pole and disappear into sunset.....driving wheel to wheel racing or anywhere lower then 5th on the grid.....well he's ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    the FINAL nail in the "coffin" that ended vettel's so called racing career (well not over yet, but it seems it's going that way with NO ONE wanting him for a drive)....was having Charles as a teammate in 2019....i knew hands down and i could have bet dollars to donuts that when that kid will show up driving the RED car will embarrass and humilliate the crap out of Vettel adn show him who's boss....

vettel is nothign but an overrated, overpaid driver that got lucky driving Neweys rocketships that even my grandma could have driven those and win races....well not really,but you get my drift
    too bad Ferrari have spend SOOOOOOOO much moolah on him when they could have gotten Danny Ric instead back in 2015.....and maybe, just maybe we could have had another, possibly 2 WDC's by now....just guessing here
    Those of us who had followed Charles's career always considered him as the real deal. No need to bet dollars or donuts.

Now the most important thing that most people, and some here, don't realize is that Leclerc beating Vettel is even more impressive than Ricciardo beating Vettel. Dani Ric debuted in 2011 UK GP and when he partnered with Vettel he already had 50 races of experience behind him. 2014 was the start of his 4th season in F1.

Charles on the other hand only had 21 races of experience and 2019 was the start of his 2nd year in F1, so basically a rookie. But he stamped his authority from the 2nd race, even when Ferrari treated him as number 2, took 4 poles in a row and matching Schumi's record, took 7 poles overall, won 2 but should've won more, got more podiums and out-scored Vettel. Got taken out by Vettel in Brazil, otherwise would've easily finished P3 in the championship.

Some here still thinks that Leclerc is 'un-proven', well I'd say let them. Certainly Ferrari sees lot of potentials in him which is the most important thing. If other don't? then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    LOLOLOL...........one thing he mastered while at Ferrari.....being a ballerina.....he should have at least 2 WDC's for that....LMFAO
    i'm glad Charles showed him who's boss in his rookie first with Ferrari.....Vettel is nowhere without Adrian Newey's rockets that he used to qualify on pole and disappear into sunset.....driving wheel to wheel racing or anywhere lower then 5th on the grid.....well he's ZERO
    Abu dhabi 2012 from 24 to third, Germany from 20 to second, Spa 2012 from 14 to second and many more. Keep dreaming you hater. Vettel had impressive drives from the back in Brasil 2012 after 15 laps he was right behind Alonso already, that most have hurt, cry now.

Who won in a absolute inferior and a middlefield car in Monza 2008 and 3 races in 2015 with a car more than one second per lap slower.

Seb is the best!! He give Mercedes a run for money, yet it wasnt enough. Again you are playing blind.

Wait for your beloved leclerc to start crashing out when the real pressure for WDC kicks in. Again this Canadian guy, you most be very unhappy with yourself in your real life. As being soo delusional. Vettel has 4 world drivers titles, and what have you done lately.

Seb finally left this salty italian team, well done to him. Leclerc is now a hero, but in some years he will fail as the predecessor did, and you will need a new guy. Nobody could win the title in that Ferrari.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 15th May 2020 at 17:52.

And see how much other teams value him:

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/15/...els-best-move/

Ouch, pretty damning isn't it. That a midfield team like Mclaren showed Vettel the 'finger'.
    Goes to show much Ferrari actually over-valued this guy. Those 40 millions/year should've been spent into car and wind-tunnel development. Thank god Charles happened and Ferrari finally grown some senses and kicked out this extremely overrated and over-payed ballerina.

OMG.....i could NOT have put it in better words myself, EVEN if i tried.....finally somebody that agrees with me about the ballerina thing.....

Those of us who had followed Charles's career always considered him as the real deal. No need to bet dollars or donuts.

Now the most important thing that most people, and some here, don't realize is that Leclerc beating Vettel is even more impressive than Ricciardo beating Vettel. Dani Ric debuted in 2011 UK GP and when he partnered with Vettel he already had 50 races of experience behind him. 2014 was the start of his 4th season in F1.

Charles on the other hand only had 21 races of experience and 2019 was the start of his 2nd year in F1, so basically a rookie. But he stamped his authority from the 2nd race, even when Ferrari treated him as number 2, took 4 poles in a row and matching Schumi's record, took 7 poles overall, won 2 but should've won more, got more podiums and out-scored Vettel. Got taken out by Vettel in Brazil, otherwise would've easily finished P3 in the championship.

Some here still thinks that Leclerc is 'un-proven', well I'd say let them. Certainly Ferrari sees lot of potentials in him which is the most important thing. If other don't? then oh well.
    Not really that impressive as Seb lost at least 30-40 points because of reliablity, Charles had a better reliability. Max is the new big deal, I am sure he will win the title sooner than Charles in a Red Bull.

that was only a joke i made about betting dollars to donuts that Charles is the real deal....believe you me, i knew that from back in the day when he was driving in F2 in 2017 (and i watched most of the races) and blitzed everyone up and down the pit lane....everyone was like, OMG this kid is on fire, including me

then i said to myself, this kit better come to F1 soon adn better yet, i hope Ferrari puts him in one of their cars as he's the absolute REAL DEAL....and boy oh boy were we right

Not really that impressive as Seb lost at least 30-40 points because of reliablity, Charles had a better reliability. Seb had better race pace and pure tyre management, Charles in qualy. Max is the new big deal, I am sure he will win the title sooner than Charles in a Red Bull. And I hope he will, if Seb will leave and retire from f1 I will support him massively, gooooo Max gooooo max!!!!!!!!!!!

Because of some posters here I am sorry but I really wish you a bad future in supporting Ferrari. I hope any other team manage to succeed.

Seb is a legend, So was Alonso and Schumi, and Kimi in Ferrari, yet most of them failed. There must be something very wrong in the core of Maranello.

Abu dhabi 2012 from 24 to third, Germany from 20 to second, Spa 2012 from 14 to second and many more. Keep dreaming you hater. Vettel had impressive drives from the back in Brasil 2012 after 15 laps he was right behind Alonso already, that most have hurt, cry now.

Who won in a absolute inferior and a middlefield car in Monza 2008 and 3 races in 2015 with a car more than one second per lap slower.

Seb is the best!! He give Mercedes a run for money, yet it wasnt enough. Again you are playing blind.

Wait for your beloved leclerc to start crashing out when the real pressure for WDC kicks in. Again this Canadian guy, you most be very unhappy with yourself in your real life. As being soo delusional. Vettel has 4 world drivers titles, and what have you done lately.

Seb finally left this salty italian team, well done to him. Leclerc is now a hero, but in some years he will fail as the predecessor did, and you will need a new guy. Nobody could win the title in that Ferrari.
    will you shut up with your golden boy stats....those were stats because of the ROCKET ships Adrian Newey build and your boy Pettel drove....put him a so, so car and he's nowhere....spinning like a ballerina.....and NO, don't blame it on the car, Charles drove the same car and SCHOOLED YOUR PRETTY BOY

THAT'S why i would have wished and hoped that Alonso would have won in 2012, because he put that car in places it did NOT deserve to be, and why???? because Alonso is no Vettel....he drives the wheels of the cars every time and only missed the WDC by a few points that season in a machinery that was NOT even close to what your idol was driving.....END OF ARGUMENT

Not really that impressive as Seb lost at least 30-40 points because of reliablity, Charles had a better reliability. Seb had better race pace and pure tyre management, Charles in qualy. Max is the new big deal, I am sure he will win the title sooner than Charles in a Red Bull. And I hope he will, if Seb will leave and retire from f1 I will support him massively, gooooo Max gooooo max!!!!!!!!!!!

Because of some posters here I am sorry but I really wish you a bad future in supporting Ferrari. I hope any other team manage to succeed.

Seb is a legend, So was Alonso and Schumi, and Kimi in Ferrari, yet most of them failed. There must be something very wrong in the core of Maranello.
    I thought you were gonna leave this FORUM.....why are you still here and posting nonsese???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

The same Adrian Newey is still at Red Bull so they must have won some championships in 2015 or 2016 or 2017 or 2018 or 2019 and will also win in 2020. Hamilton must jump ship to Red Bull in 2021 so that he can win his 2nd world title after a gap of 13-14 years.

Too bad for Ricciardo that even after beating Vettel in 2014, both Christian Horner and Helmut Marko considered Sebastian Vettel among the top 2 greatest drivers of all time.
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...ream-team.html

Interesting fact about Vettel is that whichever team he joins, that team then starts moving in an upward direction. Made Toro Rosso a winner, no one including Max Verstappen could repeat that feat. Joined Red Bull and made them champions, joined Ferrari at the low of 2014 and won a race in just his second outing and winning races ever since.

Such a quick driver that McLaren in 2011 said that even though they had the fastest car, Sebastian Vettel in Red Bull was putting in faster lap times and that there was no trickery on cars and Seb is simply faster. McLaren had Lewis Hamilton as their driver back then.

Sergio Marchionne in 2017:
    If he is happy in the car, and he likes the car, he can stay as long as he likes. The talks we had last year were very nervous because the car was not there. So we try to get him the car as he wants and then the choice is his.
    Toto Wolff in 2020:
    Sebastian is a great driver, a major personality and an asset to any Formula 1 team.
    There were and are people who know Sebastian Vettel's worth. He will always be counted among the greats, right up there with the very best.

Yeah and Ferrari 2015 and Torro Rosso was a Adrian Newey made car.

Dont worry I wont be back! Finally you will have some space to keep posting your nonsense post.

Farewell for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    The same Adrian Newey is still at Red Bull so they must have won some championships in 2015 or 2016 or 2017 or 2018 or 2019 and will also win in 2020. Hamilton must jump ship to Red Bull in 2021 so that he can win his 2nd world title after a gap of 13-14 years.

Too bad for Ricciardo that even after beating Vettel in 2014, both Christian Horner and Helmut Marko considered Sebastian Vettel among the top 2 greatest drivers of all time.
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...ream-team.html

Interesting fact about Vettel is that whichever team he joins, that team then starts moving in an upward direction. Made Toro Rosso a winner, no one including Max Verstappen could repeat that feat. Joined Red Bull and made them champions, joined Ferrari at the low of 2014 and won a race in just his second outing and winning races ever since.

Such a quick driver that McLaren in 2011 said that even though they had the fastest car, Sebastian Vettel in Red Bull was putting in faster lap times and that there was no trickery on cars and Seb is simply faster. McLaren had Lewis Hamilton as their driver back then.

Sergio Marchionne in 2017:

Toto Wolff in 2020:

There were and are people who know Sebastian Vettel's worth. He will always be counted among the greats, right up there with the very best.
    Amazing post, definitely agree, finally some good posters with no negativity!

I respect that. Its quite a thing really, Seb went to Torro Rosso and they won in couple of months, Seb went to RBR they won already a second race, and the same in Ferrari. He really is good behind the scenes, and also in driving with some flaws, he still has the pace and energy for driving. His 1 lap pace on outlaps is amazing, and with some awesome comebacks in 2019 also, Japan, Montreal pole laps were cool and I saw some old-time Seb in it. Would also had it in Monza. But cant forgot the 3 kids that he has, which is now a priority, I would do the same!

Cheers.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 15th May 2020 at 18:17.

Amazing post, definitely agree, finally some good posters with no negativity!

I respect that. Its quite a thing really, Seb went to Torro Rosso and they won in couple of months, Seb went to RBR they won already a second race, and the same in Ferrari. He really is good behind the scenes, and also in driving, he still has the pace and energy for driving. But cant forgot the 3 kids that he has, which is now a priority, I would do the same!

Cheers.
    LOLOOL....you and chinmay are the ONLY 2 vettel fanboys here....hopefully he'll be GONE from this forum also now that his IDOL is gone because Ferrari finally woke up, realize he aint' worth 50Million a year and gave him the BIG BOOT in the rear end, by the diffuser

Wow!! you are really bitter arent you?

So all the talk about team and ferrari etc is all. Its not been 2 days since the announcement and you are already on "Seb finally left this salty italian team, well done to him"!

Would be nice if you keep your promise of leaving this forum.
    Silently, like a shadow