Thread: AustrianGP 2020 Pre-Race thread

AustrianGP 2020 Pre-Race thread

Itinerary for the Grosser Preis Von Osterreich

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmlf21X...pg&name=medium
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Race is happening this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No, gonzalo just got too excited and read July as June.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    No, gonzalo just got too excited and read July as June.
    Negative

Just thought I would post a pre-race thread.....long time coming...so I started it early.

Bottas practiced today at Silverstone in a W09. Everyone was wearing face masks.

Tomorrow will be Hamilton.

we will also run in fiorano.
    Redbull and McLaren cant.
    McL has fanacial troubles and Rbr must tast with a 2 yeat old car and they must agree with Renault to give them a pu,and this will not happen!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    we will also run in fiorano.
    Redbull and McLaren cant.
    McL has fanacial troubles and Rbr must tast with a 2 yeat old car and they must agree with Renault to give them a pu,and this will not happen!!!!
    re: RedBull.....Max and Albon ran in F2 cars for practice.

Ferrari needs no body to hold it's hand.Big strong and independent a stand alone mega company.Ferrari is spoilt for choice.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari needs no body to hold it's hand.Big strong and independent a stand alone mega company.Ferrari is spoilt for choice.
    Please tell that to Binotto " Ferrari has no chance ! "

One thing is for sure Ferrari have plenty of this$$$$$$ and that puts them at the top of the pile,envied by car manufactures to the point of jelousy.They wish nothing but failure on the prancing horse.I say screw them all.

I'm not sure about Ferrari on top $$ wise . R Bull has a few billion to spend . I believe it's Charles' performance that will do it for Ferrari ! Ferrari fans wish the same on Merc !

Mercedes/ Shamilton borefest. Night Major!
    Trying to be less angry..

Always love the under dog.When they bite it really hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Always love the under dog.When they bite it really hurts.
    For sure! Especially if the underdog #2 is allowed to fight.

So Ferrari will almost introduce a B spec car in Austria....with suspension, engine, gearbox casing, aero updates....hopefully all that will be enough to close the gap to Merc....as we’ve all been pretty disappointed with winter testing in that regard

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    So Ferrari will almost introduce a B spec car in Austria....with suspension, engine, gearbox casing, aero updates....hopefully all that will be enough to close the gap to Merc....as we’ve all been pretty disappointed with winter testing in that regard
    We obviously needed some improvement after testing so let's pray that they are positive updates , and it's not just the gap to Merc that needs to be addressed, Red Bull and the Pink Mercs were also very feisty in testing. We shall see and I can't wait.

What I heard is, that the rear suspension &gearbox casing is new just because there were issues found with it in the tests. It will be bulkier, heavier but they believe, that it will be worth it. So not a true update. The only real update is the engine and minor aero updates specific to the circuit. But that's what I heard.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Binotto's latest June update in an interview with Marca :
    Binotto sad he doesn't expect to be fastest in Austria at the F-1 start. But try to react afterwards. There will be no new developments until after the opening 3 races, hopefully. The team is bracing for a tough start. I can only say again that I hope Charles doesn't take anything Binotto says to heart. Binotto is at least telling us Ferrari fans we can start watching the F-1 action starting with the 4th race.That's when he should start getting paid !!

Or he is just lowering fans expectations, like Mercedes is doing it every year.

Honestly... I don't feel any hype....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I don’t feel any hype either, but I cannot wait for the season to start.....i miss the F1 circus quite a bit, drivers racing each other and more importantly the RED cars....

I’ve lowered my expectations quite a bit over the years in terms of Ferrari actually bringing a winning car from the getgo, but as any Ferrari fan, you still have that small little hope that maybe, just maybe this time will be different....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I mean...have you ever?
    The only think I see from you is constant doom n gloom.

I don’t feel any hype either, but I cannot wait for the season to start.....i miss the F1 circus quite a bit, drivers racing each other and more importantly the RED cars....

I’ve lowered my expectations quite a bit over the years in terms of Ferrari actually bringing a winning car from the getgo, but as any Ferrari fan, you still have that small little hope that maybe, just maybe this time will be different....
    Oh come on...it's not like Australia 2017 and 2018 were distant past. Ferrari have started both 2017 and 2018 by winning the two opening races. Sure last years car was "bad", considering Ferrari's standard, but the SF90 was still good car to challenge for the pole positions and wins.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Oh come on...it's not like Australia 2017 and 2018 were distant past. Ferrari have started both 2017 and 2018 by winning the two opening races. Sure last years car was "bad", considering Ferrari's standard, but the SF90 was still good car to challenge for the pole positions and wins.
    With all due respect, we got lucky with those wins in OZ, that payed in our hands with a bit of luck due to virtual safety cars and what not....otherwise Hamster had those wins in the bag....we did not have a fast dominant car....it was prolly on par or just below compared to Merc...

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I mean...have you ever?
    The only think I see from you is constant doom n gloom.

Complete nonsense from your side....

And on the other side everything is milk and honey for so many previous years...

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Or he is just lowering fans expectations, like Mercedes is doing it every year.
    Saint Binotto never lies. If saint Binotto says something then that's God's honest truth. One would want him to be like cunning Wolf but then he is a saint and not a wolf.

Forget the other top drivers , Charles' biggest challenge is not listening to what Binotto says. Fans cannot compare Wolf with Binotto. Merc wins everything!

Let the races begin and after a few races we can start the2020 praise or Ferrari bashing campaign.One thing is for sure there is a lot of speculative news surrounding f1 this is all part of the circus no one is really revealing there cards yet, time will start to answer our questions shortly.

Better yet, let’s follow common decency, true-fandome and forum rules and never bash our own team.
    Bit like taking a dump in your own breakfast cereal: might feel good for a moment, but in the end you are only hurting yourself.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

That goes for Binotto too ! Great post !