Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AustrianGP 2020 Pre-Race thread

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You are simply adding visual touch to what I wrote. Tell me one thing, would Vettel win the race if there was no Verstappen in between? Yes or No.

Christian Horner, post-race:
    Stop posting your usual nonsense dude. You said Hamilton was cruising, which he clearly wasn't. And it's quite funny, seeing how you're ignoring the 0.8 sec gap, and making it sound like Hamilton's undercut attempt had nothing to do with the fact the Vettel was breathing down on his neck and would've used the DRS, plus Hamilton was struggling with his tyres. And as if Ferrari magically put Verstappen there so could prove to be a effective roadblock for Hamilton.

I was struggling with the grip from the get-go. Sebastian was able to always answer in terms of lap time and the majority of the time do faster lap times and then towards the end I got a bit in traffic and the car started to overheat the tyres and I was struggling with grip and it was to the point that I needed to come in.
    In the end Hamilton couldn't overtake Verstappen, just like when he couldn't shake off Vettel. And I don't care another one of your's alternate theory/scenarios. If roles were reversed, people like you would be first one to come up with theory's like, "How Ferrari couldn't open up a gap to Hamilton, that' why Vettel was stuck behind Verstappen after pitstops, and Hamilton would've won the race anyway since he had no problem closing the gap when he wished and his fastest lap was better...blah...blah"

But I'm not interested in your "would, coulda" nonsense dude. The simple fact that, Vettel had won three of the first six races of 2017, and finished 2nd on the other three, clearly demonstrates SF70's competitiveness, and Ferrari, both in 2017 and 2018 started with a strong car from the get go. And in the end he lost the title by 46 points, when he gave away two easy race wins in Baku and Singapore.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 27th June 2020 at 07:18.

Deleted by Mod.
    Last edited by Tony; 27th June 2020 at 16:22.

Give it a rest guys, only a week before action resumes

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Give it a rest guys, only a week before action resumes
    It’s the same drama in every thread. Better we carry on with our routine works

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    []AMuS]

Red Bull will also have a big upgrade Helmut Marko: "The car in Spielberg will not be identical to the one that we would have seen in Melbourne. We brought the upgrade to the car that was scheduled for the fifth race in Barcelona and a second one now for Spielberg."

Helmut Marko: "Everything is based on CFD and wind tunnel data. There is a certain amount of uncertainty. You use the third development step without knowing how the first and second update would have felt in practice. We have to assume the data is accurate."

Mercedes will have an extensive aerodynamic upgrade at Spielberg. The car we would have seen in Melbourne was from a development status of Christmas 2019. In the meantime, they worked on a lot more things, some of which was processed before and after the work lockout.

Reports from Italy about Ferrari coming to Spielberg with a big update that includes a slimmer front wing, new gearbox, a new rear axle and 30 HP more from the engine are false.

A Ferrari spokesman: "We only have very small changes to the car. It was more important for us to understand the SF1000 better. We have indeed made a good step forward." The first significant Ferrari update will probably only arrive after the Hungarian GP.

Ferrari with smaller changes, while Mercedes and Red Bull to introduce bigger update packages. It will be interesting to see how the pecking order appears - Is it Mercedes, Red Bull, Racing Point and Ferrari or is it slightly different with Red Bull ahead. We'll find out soon.

Small upgrades from Alfa Romeo and McLaren for Spielberg. Despite the short time, Alfa Romeo even made the changes that were in the development schedule for the races in Austria and England.

Racing Point already had a big upgrade for Melbourne and won't bring another one for Spielberg. Alpha Tauri also made some small changes and those were already seen during the filming day in Imola. Only Haas will drive with the Melbourne spec (without changes) in Spielberg.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...rari-red-bull/
    This they have been doing all the ages. I hear the same story every year beginning, by the time race reaches Abu Dhabi “we understood the car, now we need to understand tyre behaviour”.

Hopefully we will be in better shape come new regs, else this catching other car isn’t possible for Ferrari. Better they lead & win.

Deleted by Mod.
    Last edited by Tony; 27th June 2020 at 16:21.

Deleted by Mod.

Deleted by Mod.

Deleted by Mod.

Guys, please stop with the personal insults.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

This year's f1 calender will be rapid fire fast and furious, any mistakes will be very costly.Ferrari can not miandare with upgrades as if it a stroll through some medieval italian town.This year especially you have to blast out of the box.I sense mercedes red bull are going for early knock outs against each other, any remaining teams with a passive mentality will be left behind.It will be fast furious and aggressive .

The wheels haven't turned yet, and people are already writing Ferrari off. Oh well.
    Maybe it's just me, but to me it seems extremely foolish thing to do, to write a team off based on the winter testing.

I don't know what will happen in July 5th, I don't have access to other peoples crystal balls. But it will be quite satisfying, if the SF1000 turns out to be quite competitive and proves the naysayers here wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    This year's f1 calender will be rapid fire fast and furious, any mistakes will be very costly.Ferrari can not miandare with upgrades as if it a stroll through some medieval italian town.This year especially you have to blast out of the box.I sense mercedes red bull are going for early knock outs against each other, any remaining teams with a passive mentality will be left behind.It will be fast furious and aggressive .
    Didn't know Italians are living in medieval age. What...they don't have access to modern roads/air travel?

There's more than enough positive energy within our 2 drivers to win races. Charles we know will give it all he can and knows what he's doing in the tight spots. Seb for sure wants to go out a Ferrari WDC and will give 100% . The cars can't be that far behind the other contenders competition wise, their Ferraris !!! Ferrari fans need only to block Binotto out of there mind and the season will be competitive and great watching the top 3 go at it. It could very well be wheel to wheel combat at it's best.
    Last edited by Brembo; 28th June 2020 at 05:46.

It's not how start but how you finish.

Mercedes has unveiled a new, black livery for the 2020 Formula 1 season as part of a new campaign to fight racism.

https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.ne...58fd8ad33d.jpg

https://d2d0b2rxqzh1q5.cloudfront.ne...2710f1060e.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Mercedes has unveiled a new, black livery for the 2020 Formula 1 season as part of a new campaign to fight racism.

This is....absolutely gorgeous.

All lives matter for gods shake which these companies on the same wagon. Pffffff

Holy pander batman!

Pathetic.

Looks very nice, for a good cause as well. Might help them camouflage some aero development as well

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    All lives matter for gods shake which these companies on the same wagon. Pffffff

For the 1st time in my life that i feel so pessimistic for the start of a season. Every other year , even if the rumours /tests use to indicate that we where in a bad situation, i use to hope that we will tyrn things around shortly .
    Now (starting from last year) i feel hopeless!!! I see that the team are completly lost and thay actually dont have a clue about what is happening with the car. They look like they are in quick sand with nothing to grab on !!!!!
    And all this started from last year (is it Binnoto to blame or is it higher the problem ???!!) where we started with the wrong project with the front end ,and since then we are stack there powerless to react. And this is what frustrates the most!! WHY we kept it this year ,when it became so obvious that it was thge main problem last year.With this project we cant ganerate enough dowforce in the front and it causes so many problems (tire managment, turning speed etc). And still we kept it this year also.WHY????!! Every other team (except alfa romeo/ haas ,aka ferrari partners) are searching for other solutions (other front wings/ slimmer noses , cape under the nose etc) ,but not us !!!!!
    It looks like we have some stubborn people on the wheel who are making some bad dicisions and their ego dont let the team react !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    For the 1st time in my life that i feel so pessimistic for the start of a season. Every other year , even if the rumours /tests use to indicate that we where in a bad situation, i use to hope that we will tyrn things around shortly .
    Now (starting from last year) i feel hopeless!!! I see that the team are completly lost and thay actually dont have a clue about what is happening with the car. They look like they are in quick sand with nothing to grab on !!!!!
    And all this started from last year (is it Binnoto to blame or is it higher the problem ???!!) where we started with the wrong project with the front end ,and since then we are stack there powerless to react. And this is what frustrates the most!! WHY we kept it this year ,when it became so obvious that it was thge main problem last year.With this project we cant ganerate enough dowforce in the front and it causes so many problems (tire managment, turning speed etc). And still we kept it this year also.WHY????!! Every other team (except alfa romeo/ haas ,aka ferrari partners) are searching for other solutions (other front wings/ slimmer noses , cape under the nose etc) ,but not us !!!!!
    It looks like we have some stubborn people on the wheel who are making some bad dicisions and their ego dont let the team react !!!!!!
    We'll see in just couple of days... Any way there are plenty more important things in life!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    You are simply adding visual touch to what I wrote. Tell me one thing, would Vettel win the race if there was no Verstappen in between? Yes or No.

Christian Horner, post-race:
    It really does not matter.
    A race is the summary of all events.

Go think of what I just told you.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We'll see in just couple of days... Any way there are plenty more important things in life!
    For sure there are a lot more important things in life!!!!!
    For example, a month ago my wife gave birth to my little princess!!!! My 3d child and after 2 beautiful boys that my daughter arrived ..... well they are my whole world !!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's just that Ferrari is a different unique part of my life!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 30th June 2020 at 13:05.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

For example, a month ago my wife gave birth to my little princess!!!! My 3d child and after 2 beautiful boys that my daughter arrived ..... well they are my whole world !!!!!!!!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am a father of two beautiful princesses (10 and 12)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I wish all the health and happiness of the world for your girls !!!!!!
    Mine are 13 , 7 and now my little one!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Congratulations !!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Happy family :)
    I’m father of 10Day baby boy...!! Now the journey starts from here.