Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: AustrianGP 2020 Practices and Qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Then why don't they sell those fancy cars only in Italy? Oh yeah that's right...because Ferrari is after all a global organization and needs global market and global customers to function.

"Ferrari has always had staff from other nations"...yeah but no anymore.

The whole "Ferrari needs to be Italian" thing has gone way overboard. So when the situation becomes dire, as we have seen today, there's no one capable enough to guide this team out of its current predicament. And how can it be, when you mostly hire people in senior positions because of their nationality.

So results don't matter, because keeping Ferrari "Italian" is more important, tutti frutti mamma mia right?
    So when they win with foreigners, its only because they hire poms?
    same ole.
    And yes being Italian is more important, stay italian or leave.... you nation has sports teams... follow those.
    Last edited by FranksterGM; 4th July 2020 at 17:01. Reason: typo

Ferrari should stay in Italy, but they can move some department to where talent is. Airbus build plane from different location. how they operate now should be reviewed that is what i am saying

Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    So when they win with foreigners, its only because they hire poms?
    spare my.
    And yes being Italian is more important, stay italian or leave.... you nation has sports teams... follow those.
    Lol... This is not race of nations! What the hell are you even about?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    That was why James Allison left, when he lost his wife instead of Ferrari letting him stay in England and work remotely they did not he lft and he is doing great things with Merc because there is no politics, current Ferrari is like a cult and no room for innovation go and watch the launch of SF1000 again so much show off but nothing to show for it. No one outside of Italian really want to bring their family to country that is so ****** they are selling houses for One Euro who is buying??? But
    Thing is, they had Newey basically signed, but then the in fighting and backstabbing started. Dominicalli resigned to get away from it when being asked by Luca to fire the head of the engine department, so Newey went **** this and didn't go there, and I can't blame him for it. So then they got Allison and Dirk Di De Beer both of whom were successful at Lotus. Then they weren't seen as doing enough so they effectively got forced out, as you've mentioned. And now they've got internal promotion names designing the car, and today we saw the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    What do we follow F1 for if its not a nationalistic sport?

Ferrari should stay in Italy, but they can move some department to where talent is. Airbus build plane from different location. how they operate now should be reviewed that is what i am saying
    That would be ok..... worked with Barnard.

Eeeh... for racing? Ooor... for to see the best drivers? Hmm... what about seeing our favourite team? NOT THE NATION! Or if I would watch NHL I would watch it because of what? Because I am fan of USA? This has to be the stupidest question I have heard in a long time.

Btw, I am from Czech Republic, as far as I know, there is no team from this country, should I stop watching it?

Guy is hell bent on preserving the Italian culture. Just because Ferrari is from Italy, he thinks we should all bow down and support the whole country.

Well that didn't look good. Ferrari seem down on engine power compared to 2019, also Alfa and Haas didn't have a good session.
    I'm afraid we'll need a 2012-Alonso-like performance from Leclerc to have a shot at the title. Remember that in 2012 Ferrari's best qualifying position in the first 4 (!) races was only P9.

ok. Stop this idiotic discussion.

i‘m italian, born an living in germany since 67. i feel and think as european.
    lets go back to the discussion about the technical and whats wrong with the f1000.
    my opinion is that have a massive impact to the power unit and loose about 70 - 90 hp.
    but this is not the complete picture

Eeeh... for racing? Ooor... for to see the best drivers? Hmm... what about seeing our favourite team? NOT THE NATION! Or if I would watch NHL I would watch it because of what? Because I am fan of USA? This has to be the stupidest question I have heard in a long time.

Btw, I am from Czech Republic, as far as I know, there is no team from this country, should I stop watching it?
    Going by your replies... yes. do the world a favor

Italy should be much better off than it is.

They have all these luxury brands, and not just in motorsports, Armani, Gucci, Lamborghini and obviously Ferrari.

You buy raw materials, slap a brand name on it, and sell it for double. It's basically a license to print money!

(I'm saying this as an Italian)

That is the main point isn't it. The main F1 base of operation should be outside of Italy and in the UK. Designing a Ferrari F1 car in UK or any other place would not make it less Ferrari, it would still be a Ferrari F1 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post

lets go back to the discussion about the technical and whats wrong with the f1000.
    my opinion is that have a massive impact to the power unit and loose about 70 - 90 hp.
    Yes, and they did nothing to bring the rumoured bspec engine to Austria. Now we are apparently stuck with this engine "for the good of the sport".

Going by your replies... yes. do the world a favor
    You are the right one to judge

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Italy should be much better off than it is.

They have all these luxury brands, and not just in motorsports, Armani, Gucci, Lamborghini and obviously Ferrari.

You buy raw materials, slap a brand name on it, and sell it for double. It's basically a license to print money!

(I'm saying this as an Italian)

its not as bad as people think.... only some parts of the south.
    But anyway....

You are the right one to judge
    Indeed i am eastern euro asiatic ____

That is the main point isn't it. The main F1 base of operation should be outside of Italy and in the UK. Designing a Ferrari F1 car in UK or any other place would not make it less Ferrari, it would still be a Ferrari F1 car.
    I agree with getting the outside talent.

I don't think they need to move to the UK. Just improve telecommuting. Do it for "safety".

I will wait until after the race before I drown my sorrows and shoot myself.

Why didn't Mercedes remove DAS "for the good of the sport".

Indeed i am eastern euro asiatic ____
    So? Putting race/nationality into that too? I am done with this, you clearly have different view of the world (at least F1 world) than other fans, and that's fine. Thanks for the banter.

Ferrari has been making ugly F1 cars since the hybrid era started. I believe function and form should complement each other. I say this as an industrial designer. The team should strive to create a beautiful product that's also fast, reliable and charismatic, as the marque's road cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post

It is quite clear now that we've cheated with the fuel flow sensors. In last years Austria, there were 5 Ferrari powered cars (out of 6) in the top 10. And today there is only one. It is quite clear now that after the clampdown from the FIA, Ferrari engine has lost its engine power.

The current Ferrari PU is quite clearly the least powerful engine on the grid.

Redbull has it too. They protested it just to make sure before they introduce theirs........smart by Horner.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Hamilton summoned to stewards for not slowing down under yellow Q3 and exceeding track limits.

They will give him a warning and a cookie, I bet!
    And a cup of warm milk

It is quite clear now that we've cheated with the fuel flow sensors. In last years Austria, there were 5 Ferrari powered cars (out of 6) in the top 10. And today there is only one. It is quite clear now that after the clampdown from the FIA, Ferrari engine has lost its engine power.

No way of confirming it but that LOOKS to be the case when you compare last year to this year.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I never believe that media release about the b spec power unit. They had no time to develope it.
    maybe its current in the development and will be released in season 21.
    this season is gone. Lets wait hungary, but i think they will set all recources to next season.

Yep, but if it was just a "trick", how did they lose so much? Because even 2018 the engine was just as good as the Merc. So they just used the trick and didn't develop anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I will wait until after the race before I drown my sorrows and shoot myself.
    I am working from home on monday because I have a merc supporter in the office i consult for in fact i will WFH all week

I know the answer! I knoow! It's because... you are in it to win it. By the way, do you guys remember 2011? When we gave up the fight to keep the ban of the blown diffusers for "the good of the sport"? The ban took place during the British GP and Ferrari have won it by a serious margin. What do you think Mercedes would do? Would they agree to lift the ban again and lose their new found advantage too? I don't think so.