Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: AustrianGP 2020 Practices and Qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Not much,just since '85-'86!!!
    And NO he never said that will compete with midfield teams !!!!!!
    So, you just didn’t listen to him. He always likes to say "today we are here and there, but we will see how it will be tomorrow". He just doesn’t talk too much about how it really is. Especially on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    So, you just didn’t listen to him. He always likes to say "today we are here and there, but we will see how it will be tomorrow". He just doesn’t talk too much about how it really is. Especially on Fridays.
    As i said ,i now the general dowplay attitude,BUT this is the 1st time that he actyally put us in the midfield teams !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We have a good speed in a slow corners, but very poor top speed...

and to last year car

Did i just read MIDFIELD ????!!!!!!!!!
    So funny he come we are fighting with mid field teams. Glad that it’s a short season now.
    Else I couldn’t see this hammering.

As i said ,i now the general dowplay attitude,BUT this is the 1st time that he actyally put us in the midfield teams !!!!!!
    Exactly ...!!

Wow... so they really didn't do anything during those 3,5 months... this is not a team that wants to win. Welcome to Ferrari midfield again.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Wow... so they really didn't do anything during those 3,5 months... this is not a team that wants to win. Welcome to Ferrari midfield again.
    Bit ignorant considering how badly Italy was affected.....but off course 1 second in a F1 race comes before a team members health.....

If you can design a new F1 car in 60 odd days then by all means you need to apply to many of the teams.
    Forza Ferrari

"I know that other manufacturers had the opportunity to continue working and developing. We were aware of that, they took advantage, that's part of the game. That's part of all the entire compromises we have accepted during the shutdown period, looking ahead for the good of the sport."
    Now this is extremely disappointing. I really hoped that the new management would ditch the whole "good for the sport" mentality, and adopt "best for Ferrari" approach.

So now you're telling me that due to the entirely unavoidable and beyond-human-control situation, Ferrari are not allowed to upgrade the PU. I mean what kind of ******* reasoning is this, it's not Ferrari's fault that Italy was hit hard by the virus. Come on...where is the ******* common sense? And why on earth Ferrari would agreed to something like that, for ***** sake.

With such loser mentality, they're not gonna win anything. I mean why the hell they even showed up in Austria, it would've been much better if they simply stayed home. No need to play unnecessary gamble with the lives of your mechanics and drivers.

I guess this team is really doomed, ever since LDM's purge and the whole "Italianization", they have pretty much lost the way. And now they've admitted defeat even before this season fully started...just pathetic.

But he said "today". Many times he compare Ferrari with midfield teams in some way. Nothing new and nothing bad in his talk. Yes, if it’s true, it’s very bad, but i personally don’t believe it. I can tell you why, but i’m tired of these speculations year after year. Not worth my time.

It's all said when a 2019 pink mercedes of racing point is faster and better planted then the current S F 1000 Ferrari s = scuderia F = failure back to the class room gents pronto.

I can easily understand the lack of aero upgrades. I mean the situation was pretty dire in Italy, you can't expect people to work under such situation.

But what I can't understand, is them agreeing to not upgrade the PU for the entirety of 2020. So yeah you're pretty much right...this is not the Ferrari of Brawn-Todt era, they lack that ruthless win at all cost mentality.

Has anyone heard the sound of a Ferrari engine? Sounds different to me. In some cases, more like Honda

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    Has anyone heard the sound of a Ferrari engine? Sounds different to me. In some cases, more like Honda
    Τhey might have repositioned the microphone
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

With Vettel and Leclerc admitting that Ferrari won't be in the fight for a podium etc and Vettel saying they could be in the midfield. It begs the question - What on earth did Ferrari do between Abu Dhabi and Pre-season testing? Damn!
    I read it somewhere and dont now the source BUT pretty much summerize what we keep saying !!! We dont speek about the time after the tests and with the lockdown to elliminate the time to react,BUT what they did from last year till the tests ????!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Some of you guys are really mad... it's just a sport... if it brings so much anger and frustration into your lives, maybe it's time to disconnect and focus on other priorities...

We've seen the same pattern from Ferrari for a while, there's nothing we can do about it as fans, it wont change anything... they still make a ton of money of their road cars and they invest it into F1 which is still a profitable operation. In a way, I think the guaranteed amounts they get paid makes it harder for them to really compete, because they always have a safety net... I'm more of a sink or swim kind of guy...
    Exactly what I've done couple of years ago. Now I am not bothering to get upset. I am like teflon. Every bad thing just slip and I go along! No point getting upset over them. They are payed millions, no matter of result! So why should I be upset?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Bit ignorant considering how badly Italy was affected.....but off course 1 second in a F1 race comes before a team members health.....

If you can design a new F1 car in 60 odd days then by all means you need to apply to many of the teams.
    Wait... so they could not work from home? Italy was affected badly at the start, but it recovered really quickly. They had the time. They did not use it. I had to work during the whole pandemy and not from home, I was in contact with hundreds of people every single day. So yeah, don't call me ignorant please...

Wait... so they could not work from home? Italy was affected badly at the start, but it recovered really quickly. They had the time. They did not use it. I had to work during the whole pandemy and not from home, I was in contact with hundreds of people every single day. So yeah, don't call me ignorant please...
    The World Motor Sport Council have now ratified another extension, taking the total shutdown period to 63 days.

The shutdown means departments such as design, research and development, production and build must down tools. But on Tuesday, the FIA said that after 50 days of the shutdown, teams can use up to a maximum of 10 personnel “to work remotely on long lead time projects”.

The shutdown period for power unit manufacturers has also been extended, from 35 to 49 consecutive days. They are allowed to have a maximum of 10 personnel working remotely on long lead time projects after 36 days have expired.

All teams must formally apply to use the 10 staff in this way and receive approval before they can start work.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    The World Motor Sport Council have now ratified another extension, taking the total shutdown period to 63 days.

The shutdown means departments such as design, research and development, production and build must down tools. But on Tuesday, the FIA said that after 50 days of the shutdown, teams can use up to a maximum of 10 personnel “to work remotely on long lead time projects”.

The shutdown period for power unit manufacturers has also been extended, from 35 to 49 consecutive days. They are allowed to have a maximum of 10 personnel working remotely on long lead time projects after 36 days have expired.

All teams must formally apply to use the 10 staff in this way and receive approval before they can start work.
    This is the mandatory ban, I understand. But the others managed to work after, or have found a way to work even during the ban, I have no idea... What we know is, that they did, while we didn't. That's what is infuriating to me.

And you are in Italy? As I said don't be ignorant.
    Forza Ferrari

This is the mandatory ban, I understand. But the others managed to work after, or have found a way to work even during the ban, I have no idea... What we know is, that they did, while we didn't. That's what is infuriating to me.
    We worked, our work was not to develop this current chassis, but to go back and start again with a redesign. Perhaps you would rather we just developed a car that will never be good?
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel: Ferrari too draggy, lacking grip and downforce
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Probably they figured out they couldn't do much with that chassis and they were working on a new car. We'll know in a few races. But kinda agree wit you, we're a top team and if we're fighting with midfield teams its disgrace for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Funny how you can say that and it’s not deemed racist. Make the same comments about any other people and things would be different. As an Italian, I can assure you that we do more than eat pasta and drink wine.
    Been living my whole life with that same double standard... luckily i developed a thick skin..
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly what I've done couple of years ago. Now I am not bothering to get upset. I am like teflon. Every bad thing just slip and I go along! No point getting upset over them. They are payed millions, no matter of result! So why should I be upset?!?!?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

And you are in Italy? As I said don't be ignorant.
    It is you, who is being ignorant mate. You don't know nothing about where I worked. I know about how bad it was in Italy... What if I tell you, I live and work in part of the country, that was hit the hardest for a period of time, was totally closed from the outside, we had be constatnly in gloves, shields, masks, be like that for a whole days long, we coulnd't even go to buy food as the shops were open only during the time, when we worked, as the work I do can not be stopped and even when the company did cut the costs and I had to send some of my people home to care of their kids, we had to manage.

Binotto said, we are racing with basically the same car as we had in testing. Merc and RB at least have some serious upgrades. If you are ok with that, fine.

We worked, our work was not to develop this current chassis, but to go back and start again with a redesign. Perhaps you would rather we just developed a car that will never be good?
    I will believe that when I see it. Or is there some official statement saying it? If yes, then I will apologise as I missed that.

It is you, who is being ignorant mate. You don't know nothing about where I worked. I know about how bad it was in Italy... What if I tell you, I live and work in part of the country, that was hit the hardest for a period of time, was totally closed from the outside, we had be constatnly in gloves, shields, masks, be like that for a whole days long, we coulnd't even go to buy food as the shops were open only during the time, when we worked, as the work I do can not be stopped and even when the company did cut the costs and I had to send some of my people home to care of their kids, we had to manage.

Binotto said, we are racing with basically the same car as we had in testing. Merc and RB at least have some serious upgrades. If you are ok with that, fine.
    Yes some have kept working such as myself, other things like making racing cars are not essential stuff so they got to protect themselves more. Although Ferrari did I am sure make lots of ventelators but I guess you would rather they made a new front wing instead.....
    Forza Ferrari

I will believe that when I see it. Or is there some official statement saying it? If yes, then I will apologise as I missed that.
    https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...or-aero-update
    Forza Ferrari

Why do they have no upgrades?