Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: AustrianGP 2020 Practices and Qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    They look like worried faces on our pit wall.
    Worried about the gap of 0.5-0.7 s on such a short track. Racing point breathing down our neck...phew.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    Worried about the gap of 0.5-0.7 s on such a short track. Racing point breathing down our neck...phew.
    it does not look good

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    They look like worried faces on our pit wall.
    We're slower compared to 2019 Mercedes (RP). Obviously they're worried, it's going to be though if they beat us.

FP3:

Hamilton 1:04.130 (16.209--28.573--19.348)

Bottas 1:04.277 (16.347--28.457--19.473)

Verstappen 1:04.413 (16.300--28.544--19.569)

Perez 1:04.605 (16.344--28.621--19.602)

Leclerc 1:04.703 (16.530--28.622--19.551)

Albon 1:04.725 (16.489--28.706--19.530)

Vettel 1:04.851 (16.606--28.650-19.569)

So we are now one of the slowest car in sector 1, giving away 2-3 tenths to our closest competitors. Also both Haas and Alfa are struggling as well.

Unless we're saving it for the Q3, it seems Ferrari PU not only lost ground to Mercedes, but to Honda and Renault as well. And they won't be bringing any new PU upgrades this year.

so Max is the only challenger it seems.

Its my personal opinion so please don;t get offended but Mattia binotto seems to have given to much power from the start.

I remember Arrivabene saying in past "to take your eyes off computers and watch the track, using common sense". Even that time Binotto was there, don't know why ferrari showing so much faith on him.

Many here are writing "hamilton earned it" "merc season 2020 and 2021" , come on this is ferrari or are we a joke? if this bunch of engieneers and team principal is not delivering then fire them, its formula 1 not truck making that we wait another decade to deliver. Bring new people who are best in world of any country any region but win.
    Forza Ferrari Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Alakshendra View Post
    Its my personal opinion so please don;t get offended but Mattia binotto seems to have given to much power from the start.

I remember Arrivabene saying in past "to take your eyes off computers and watch the track, using common sense". Even that time Binotto was there, don't know why ferrari showing so much faith on him.

Many here are writing "hamilton earned it" "merc season 2020 and 2021" , come on this is ferrari or are we a joke? if this bunch of engieneers and team principal is not delivering then fire them, its formula 1 not truck making that we wait another decade to deliver. Bring new people who are best in world of any country any region but win.
    Ferrari did a McLaren mistake, instead of improving the 2018 car they decided to go in a totally new direction.
    Cut a few driver mistakes, cut a few reliability issues and the 2018 car could have won the wcc/wdc

How much slower are we in straight line compared to others

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Thats usually normal with Ferrari in free practice though. They usually run the engine turned down more.

Not say they will suddenly become the fastest though.

Then he should have gone this binotto character. At best he would take gardening leave in his contract for a 18 months. And stick with Maurizio.

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    Acceleration seems fine. Also Alfa Romeo top speed looks good too.

By the way, Williams is faster than us in the first sector.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Hussain92 View Post
    Then he should have gone this binotto character. At best he would take gardening leave in his contract for a 18 months. And stick with Maurizio.
    I am really feeling sickness with Binotto era.

Ferrari miss the likes of Sergio and Maurizio.. Binnoto is an engineer, not a team leader. Saying that I don't think it would be a good idea sacking Binnoto from the team. We don't want another James Alison scenario

... But damn do we need someone who is going to run this team with an Iron fist... Arrivabene is sorely missed

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio View Post

And here we go again. More pontificating nonsense extolling the virtues of British teams over the ineptitude of Ferrari because...oh, that's right, because they're Italian!!! Shucks, why didn't I think of that?!

That's JUST what Ferrari needs - to become just another soulless Anglo-Saxon corporation so that it can get down to the gritty business of winning. Uh huh. Gotcha!

Did any of you who keep sprouting this anti-Italian nonsense ever stop to think that perhaps Ferrari has fostered a passion for the team UNLIKE ANY OTHER F1 TEAM precisely because of it being an Italian team, with all the emotion, madness and, yes, frustration that goes with it? You take Ferrari out of Italy and its arrivederci to all that, ragazzi.

Oh, and need I remind our English tifosi across La Manche that at least Italy has kept most of its iconic luxury brands, which is more than can be said for the UK. Yeah, I know, the truth is a bummer, huh.

No one is denying that Ferrari is (once again) staring into the abyss of mismanagement and a poor corporate culture. But can we please kindly stop with the facile crap that it's ALL because they're a bunch of lazy, vino-swilling, pasta-guzzling, over-emotional Italians. Oh, and don't forget corrupt, of course. Because everyone knows only Italians know how to be corrupt - never, ever those so-perfect English or Germans. Heaven forbid!

So, let's call out the team on the individuals and the management and all the other things that actually can be changed for the better, okay. And let's just stop with the anti-Italian vitriol. I'm frankly sick and tired of it, as I'm sure many others are too.

Grazie!
    I will keep it short:

First: I'm not British and my post has nothing to do with my non-existent British pride.
    Fact: Ferrari became the "Dominant" Ferrari, when the team being lead by non Italians. A Frenchman, A Brit, A German driver, A South African designer and so on...

Fact: Montezemolo was worried about the so called "foreign influence", and Todt always kept him out of Ferrari's day-day F1 operations so he was angry as well. So he forced Schumacher to retire, forced Brawn out of the team and made Domenicali the team principal. Pretty much purged the whole team. And as Niki Lauda said back in 2009, the return to the “spaghetti culture” was costing Ferrari in the factory, and ultimately out on track. After 11 years, Don't you think Lauda was and still is correct with is assessment.

Fact: And ever since then, Ferrari became a hollow of it's forever self. And the same trend keep on happening, miss management and poor leadership year after year. The performance curve pretty much look like a synchronous wave. Just up-down, but no stability and steady improvement.

And it's not just Ferrari. Look at Italian national football team, look at Serie A, a league once upon a time considered to be the best in the world.

Fact: You may not like it, but the best talents in F1 are from UK. Brawn, Newey, Allison, Cowell, Rob Marshall....all are from Uk. That's why pretty much the entire grid have their main F1 base in UK. These are just facts, being upset about it not going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    ... But damn do we need someone who is going to run this team with an Iron fist... Arrivabene is sorely missed
    Hire a Team Manager with a proven track record, even from another racing division?

For instance, Todt worked in rally before F1.

Only scrap points for Ferrari over the next 2 races nothing will change untill hungry???.This year could be over before we know it.Ferrari only have themselves to blame for there lame outcomes year after year.

I thought that an engine/cylinder head redesign was supposed to have happened over the winter, before the virus took hold and as a result of the FIA/fuel flow debacle, and all we seem to have achieved is a less powerful engine. Both Alfa and Haas are way down the timesheets, so we definitely appear to have a below-par power unit, and that's without the drag issues. The whole car concept now seems utterly flawed. Sometimes I despair, but there are more important things in life so we will have to go with the flow, painful though it may be, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I thought that an engine/cylinder head redesign was supposed to have happened over the winter, before the virus took hold and as a result of the FIA/fuel flow debacle, and all we seem to have achieved is a less powerful engine. Both Alfa and Haas are way down the timesheets, so we definitely appear to have a below-par power unit, and that's without the drag issues. The whole car concept now seems utterly flawed. Sometimes I despair, but there are more important things in life so we will have to go with the flow, painful though it may be, once again.
    A pity the Team aren't allowed to use the Fiorano test circuit more often, relying so much on the simulations and the windtunnel has clearly hurt the design concept.

At least before they could design a part and then quickly put it on the car and see for themselves if it works or not. They didn't have to worry about limited laps and other nonsense.

LMAO...yeah let's get rid of the guy who pretty much changed the Ferrari technical department and under his leadership, produced solid cars like SF70 and SF71. You do know Binotto was out TD back then right?

Arrivabene was nothing but a puppet. He was only there because of Philip Morris. It was Marchinonne who ran the team and made all the decisions. Ferrari getting rid of Raikkonen and bringing Leclerc, all thanks to Marchionne.

Now I'm not happy with Binotto's performance as team principal. I think he should go back to his technical director role and let someone better take the helm, preferably someone from the "outside". But there is no way in hell I would wish Ferrari to sack Binotto...his technical knowledge is just too valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    LMAO...yeah let's get rid of the guy who pretty much changed the Ferrari technical department and under his leadership, produced solid cars like SF70 and SF71. You do know Binotto was out TD back then right?

Arrivabene was nothing but a puppet. He was only there because of Philip Morris. It was Marchinonne who ran the team and made all the decisions. Ferrari getting rid of Raikkonen and bringing Leclerc, all thanks to Marchionne.

Now I'm not happy with Binotto's performance as team principal. I think he should go back to his technical director role and let someone better take the helm, preferably someone from the "outside". But there is no way in hell I would wish Ferrari to sack Binotto...his technical knowledge is just too valuable.
    Exactly! You don't get rid of someone who knows the ins and outs of Ferrari the way Binnoto does. He's just completely in the wrong roll. He'd probably be able an even better TD now having the experience of a TP and understanding the full picture now.. Side note, Ferrari need a Marchionne, and fast. Ferrari need a take no BS leader

So Max breaks his new front wing and poor Albon loses his...

So far for blablabla equal treatments.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I think the Ferrari TP is good. He turned the engine round but took a few years then as TD oversaw the best chassis Ferrari made in years. He is methodical. Previous leaders have kicked the can down the road forcing new parts to appease the fans but parts went on and off the car race by race as did not work. Current leader took charge weeks before last year and inherited a mess but was cool and calm did not force parts onto the car, waited to French GP for parts and added from then on and car improved. Engine loophole was used but FIA closed it off, fair enough. Problem Ferrari have is pressure to change things overnight which is impossible, they are forced to put the roof up before digging the foundations. To get rid of him he will just go to Mercedes and be brilliant like Da Costa or Allison. From what he inherited just before 2019 season he had to go with but situation changed now with same cars next year and part of floor being removed so quite right to change plan. He has been very transparent and detailed a solution to work forward starting in Austria. Looking at times so far a Ferrari with no changes from test v RB and Merc with upgrades the hap is not as bad to date as they were supposed to be further ahead after the tests but reality is they brought upgrades v unchanged Ferrari and it's not that bad to date.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

To valuable?!?!?! Name one of his car that won a championship and he is with SF for ages. The them needs to be reorganized to be more like Merc or RB or Todt SF. This is a shitshow full of clowns and complete idiots

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    A pity the Team aren't allowed to use the Fiorano test circuit more often, relying so much on the simulations and the windtunnel has clearly hurt the design concept.

At least before they could design a part and then quickly put it on the car and see for themselves if it works or not. They didn't have to worry about limited laps and other nonsense.
    I agree about your first paragraph, we seem to struggle more than most when it comes to relying on computer simulations.

Looks like Ferrari is the worst power unit now. And with engines frozen... yeah.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

It's the same for everyone.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

For me , this is the 1st year that i really feel so embarrassed for our team. Its the 1st time that i cant fine one excuse for our performance!!!!!!!And i feel hopeless for the future !!!!!!
    SO SO SAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Andreas Seidl said to Sky Germany that Ferrari is even weaker than they originally thought, but they wait for qualifying to complete judge it.
    We've become the joke of the paddock!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!