Under 4 hours to go
    It's not how start but how you finish.

F3 is wet currently

track is drying up

any live links

Mattia Binotto after P1

The situation on track was somehow as expected. Difficult for us, we are not as fast as we wish. We knew that from winter testing. The car is not performing as expected on track so the project somehow needed to be addressed and reviewed, which is something we started back at Maranello. We believe that it could be a difficult weekend here for us. P1 already showed it.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Mattia Binotto after P1
    I believe all of them should be fired, like Vet did. Just start form the beginning

Mattia Binotto after P1
    Yep, they all knew it... and yet we are the only team to not bring big upgrades. Makes sense, right?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yep, they all knew it... and yet we are the only team to not bring big upgrades. Makes sense, right?
    Of course it makes sense, it's Ferrari mate, and FI will eat us alive not just RB and Merc, but FI.... Let that sink in

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Of course it makes sense, it's Ferrari mate, and FI will eat us alive not just RB and Merc, but FI
    Being Ferrari used to mean something...

Expected RB to be on the money, but even they seem to be struggling. I’m fearing this could become a really boring season

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Expected RB to be on the money, but even they seem to be struggling. I’m fearing this could become a really boring season
    2016 is coming back to memory.

The thing that bothers me the most is that we did let Lewis equal Michael with the 7th title...

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    2020 and 2021 will be Merc dominance. And same drivers:

Speaking to Sky Germany, he said: “We are in a tricky situation, we are very happy with our current line-up and would like to continue with it.

“But you can’t write off someone like Seb. Maybe a driver doesn’t want to continue anymore and then Seb quickly becomes a factor.

“We’ll see how things develop in the next few weeks, but I expect we’ll continue with Lewis and Valtteri.”

----

And Toto wants the other teams to take it easy on DAS:

But while Wolff welcomes Horner’s call for clarification, he stressed that F1 needs to avoid controversy surrounding the result in Austria come Sunday with the sport already in a delicate state ahead of the season-opener.

“There was a lot of talking and exchange with the FIA. That is the reason why we have it on the car. So we will both bring our arguments forward and then let’s see,” he said.

“I think, against what you would expect, all teams are pretty much aware that we are in a sensitive situation with going racing.

“It’s the first race. I think on one side, it’s fair enough to seek clarification, on the other side we are aware that we don’t want to end up with a big debate on Sunday night. So I think Red Bull is going to take [and] Christian is going to take the right actions.

“Controversy and different judgement on engineering innovation has always been part of Formula 1. This is what’s to be expected in a way. It’s part of the racing.”
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

IF Perez edges out the Ferrari's.........this will get embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    The thing that bothers me the most is that we did let Lewis equal Michael with the 7th title...
    "Let" implies he didn't earn it. Hamilton has earned his titles just like Michael did. Just like Fernando did. Just like Seb did. It's not fair to diminish his accomplishments because our team has faltered. We need to be fair and not become mean spirited fans, regardless of how the fans of other teams act.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    IF Perez edges out the Ferrari's.........this will get embarrassing.
    Then we should ready ourselves, because the 2019 Mercedes looks to be the faster car. It looks even faster than the Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Then we should ready ourselves, because the 2019 Mercedes looks to be the faster car. It looks even faster than the Red Bull.
    Horner says there is a lot more to come from them. Binotto says nothing can be done before Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    "Let" implies he didn't earn it. Hamilton has earned his titles just like Michael did. Just like Fernando did. Just like Seb did. It's not fair to diminish his accomplishments because our team has faltered. We need to be fair and not become mean spirited fans, regardless of how the fans of other teams act.
    I say "let" because as the team with the highest budget, the only other team building the whole car, the team with the big T, we weren't able to built a car, which would be able to beat Mercedes since 2014. Not even once. He deserves the titles as everyone else, but we just went out of their and his way.

“What we are trying to do now is simply to step back, try to understand, reassess the problem and move forward later on.

“Our hope is to bring some developments already in Hungary, nothing before. And hopefully by Hungary, we will not address all our issues, but we will have a definite step forward in our performance. I think by then, we can understand where we are compared to our main competitors.”
    So Hungary update isnt gonna put us on the top,or fighting for the top !!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    They had just 4 months to understand the data from the tests... Seams like they all just took a vacation, while the other teams did work even during the pandemy, be it from home, online, or otherwise.

If a car is born bad, no matter how much you improve, it will always be behind. 2012 is an exception that comes to my mind which was combination of good development and a driver having best season of his life, but it doesn’t happen too often. We knew from winter testing Mercedes have a beast in their hand, I was hoping we are close and secretly I thought Max can challenge a title bid. We have watched only two practice seasons, too early to jump to conclusions but things not looking promising

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Incompetence at highest level

Some of you guys are really mad... it's just a sport... if it brings so much anger and frustration into your lives, maybe it's time to disconnect and focus on other priorities...

We've seen the same pattern from Ferrari for a while, there's nothing we can do about it as fans, it wont change anything... they still make a ton of money of their road cars and they invest it into F1 which is still a profitable operation. In a way, I think the guaranteed amounts they get paid makes it harder for them to really compete, because they always have a safety net... I'm more of a sink or swim kind of guy...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It was always clear Merc would dominate the 2020 season, unfortunately the corona made sure Merc will breeze to the 2021 title as well. At least we have glimmer of hope for 2022!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Well..Binotto can not blame Arrivabene anymore, so.. hopefully better tomorrow.

Binotto wondered how Mercedes came up with upgrades in this 63 day "shutdown" due to the COVID-19.

All I can say is, Mercedes did'nt go home and eat pasta and drink vino for 60+ days.

Merc camp have always been on a different level since 2014.....they are relentless and never rest on their laurels.

Binotto wondered how Mercedes came up with upgrades in this 63 day "shutdown" due to the COVID-19.

All I can say is, Mercedes did'nt go home and eat pasta and drink vino for 60+ days.

Merc camp have always been on a different level since 2014.....they are relentless and never rest on their laurels.
    Funny how you can say that and it’s not deemed racist. Make the same comments about any other people and things would be different. As an Italian, I can assure you that we do more than eat pasta and drink wine.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Mercedes did pretty well in 2013 too, 9 poles and 3 wins.

Star Wars Imperial March theme subbed with the W11

https://twitter.com/TroIISports/stat...55920673112064

Mercedes did pretty well in 2013 too, 9 poles and 3 wins.
    yeah......but this hybrid era has been dominant in all aspects.