Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Move Ferrari to England and get a Merc engine....

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,482
    Opportunity knocking????----->Could or should Ferrari look into taking over the Honda F1 engine dept. at Milton Keynes??? The people are there. The facility is there. Not a whole lotta money to invest.

    I doubt RedBull will take it over as an option.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,264
    Ferrari is Ferrari and everything in or on a Ferrari is Ferrari, That's how it always was and that's how it will always be. Ferrari, from Maranello. Period.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Ferrari is Ferrari and everything in or on a Ferrari is Ferrari, That's how it always was and that's how it will always be. Ferrari, from Maranello. Period.
    Schumacher, Todt, Brawn, Byrne were not from Maranello or Italy for that matter. It order to be great, you need great minds working together.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,999
    So between Honda & Merc who gets the credit for the success Japan or Germany?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    So between Honda & Merc who gets the credit for the success Japan or Germany?
    Who cares they are not FERRARI!
    .
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,999
    Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Who cares they are not FERRARI!
    Exactly right. Maranello is where it counts. Ferrari is Italy , Enzo is Italy.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Who cares they are not FERRARI!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Exactly right. Maranello is where it counts. Ferrari is Italy , Enzo is Italy.
    Of which, Ferrari and Italy are not into hybridization......which is why it has taken 7 years plus to get this turbo hybrid formula right given the token system an engine freezes.

    Ferrari should have never agreed to this deal....but hindsight is 20/20.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    346
    Well, they didn't get anything right3, did they?
    They found a loophole, they exploited it badly and they return to 2014, 2015 at best.
    As for the chassis, apart from the novel intakes a few years back, they are nowhere...
    Suspension? Ages behind Merc and TH
    Tyre management? Even worse

    Let's be honest. Ferrari was hit HARD from the test bans. It looks like they don't have the necessary tools for the 2020 F1, be it CFD, benches, or simulators. Other teams invested on them. Even if Ferrari introduce them todhay6, they will need years to master them.

    Let's just hope that they won't repeat the 2014 engine formula mistakes in the 2026 engine rules.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Well, they didn't get anything right3, did they?
    They found a loophole, they exploited it badly and they return to 2014, 2015 at best.
    As for the chassis, apart from the novel intakes a few years back, they are nowhere...
    Suspension? Ages behind Merc and TH
    Tyre management? Even worse

    Let's be honest. Ferrari was hit HARD from the test bans. It looks like they don't have the necessary tools for the 2020 F1, be it CFD, benches, or simulators. Other teams invested on them. Even if Ferrari introduce them todhay6, they will need years to master them.

    Let's just hope that they won't repeat the 2014 engine formula mistakes in the 2026 engine rules.

    soooo, tell us how you really feel
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    346
    Angry!
    Hahahaha

    Honestly, I just believe that they are 10 years behind the rest...

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,999
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Of which, Ferrari and Italy are not into hybridization......which is why it has taken 7 years plus to get this turbo hybrid formula right given the token system an engine freezes.

    Ferrari should have never agreed to this deal....but hindsight is 20/20.
    There was no way Ferrari could have prevented Todt from getting to be the FIA boss. The midget just followed Michael to Germany and joined Merc undercover. He's leaving town the end of this year . Maybe the FIA will chill out with regards to working so closely with Michael's former German team. I;m sure Todt had real problems with Lewis' success and the 91. Those 10 seconds and trying the 2 points was his way of showing he tried.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,667
    To answer the original question,in a globalized enterprises world, it should not be about where a company is.
    To that end, of course it does not pose an issue that Ferrari is based at Maranello.
    Not to the slightest.

    Attracting talents, or leaders is not about where your HQ is, not when we're talking huge organizations. It's about your structure and of course what you offer.
    So , looking at the elephant in the room, what's wrong with Ferrari ?
    Simple as a,b,c, it's all about the management (as it's been said oh, so many times).
    When people, specially leaders, see the mess of the latest years, the "sack 'em all" mode this organization have been working under, do you really believe that money will be the only thing that will bring them on board?
    No-one in their right minds will come to Ferrari if they believe that after a period of X months or 1-2 years top , they will be sacked because something will be wrong and the easy solution will be picked.
    Great organizations are getting greater when a safety environment is fostered, where people learn to not be afraid the mistakes and embrace accepting the fact that mistakes will be made especially in an environment of high pressure (hint,racing in F1 is such an environment!). Is Ferrari such a place?
    We all know what Ferrari means to Italy (and not just Italy). But that is a problem for MANAGEMENT to solve. The higher the level of management, the higher the responsibility of them to act as deflectors to the pressure. No-one says that people at Ferrari should not be fired or responsibility should not be laid upon those that make mistake. But that's one thing, another is that people feel unsafe.
    So, create a safe place, put key people in the right posts, the rest will come.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •