Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: StyrianGP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The last time was Hungary 2018, when Raikkonen was the fastest driver in Q3 and would've taken the pole, but he was unable to because he couldn't do a single lap on new tyres.
    For the last time, stop blaming the car, the team, tyres, suspension or whatever for one second and admit that, netiher Lec or Vet are outstanding in this conditions. There's a reason why both Ham and Max outqualified their teammates by more than 1 seconds.

And the Williams of 2017 wasn't an absolute dog, unlike the Williams of last year or this year.
    Stop telling people what to think. Vettel was destroying Raikkonen sometimes by the similar margin, that Lewis destroyed Bottas today, yet you call Vettel trash and Hamilton God. Your theories are so wrong, so delusional it really hurts.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

2015 Ferrari car was bad in all conditions except wet. Vettel almost beat Hamilton to pole in absolutely wet conditions in Malaysia 2015 qualifying. Vettel also performed very well in USA that year in wet race. Also germany last year. Leclerc too will have many great races in wet, a bad session once or twice doesn't make one a terrible driver in wet. Next time around, Leclerc could put in a scintillating performance in treacherous conditions.

And don't forget these days, some people can opt for a better qualifying setup, others, for a better race setup. I hope Ferrari went with the better race setup.
    Either way though, it's going to be difficult to salvage tomorrow, there may be some drama with mixed up positions, but Hamilton and Max will just rocket off. It'll probably Hamilton, Max, Bottas finish in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    THEY HAVE TO CHANGE CULTURE, ITALIANS ARE NO GOOD. THEY ARE DRIVEN BY EMOTIONS, EMOTIONS DRIVEN DECISIONS ARE JUST HORRIBLE DECISIONS.
    That's a most moronic statement. I'm not Italian but if not for the them, the whole European continent could, conceivably, be in a state of deep backwardness. Europe, and the entire world, owe to Italians what it has become. Next time, please study history before spitting out stupid comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Stop telling people what to think. Vettel was destroying Raikkonen sometimes by the similar margin, that Lewis destroyed Bottas today, yet you call Vettel trash and Hamilton God. Your theories are so wrong, so delusional it really hurts.
    Whatever dude. I'm not blind, unlike you ofcourse. You are talking about engine drivability and what not, but can't back up anything. And reality is not "theory", Ferrari getting out qualified by Gasly and Ocon, both Ham and Max out qualifying their teammates by over a second 1...yeah I'm not gonna ignore all that.

And since you are blind, may be I should make it easier for you. The discussion was about Ferrari cars, and how it got out qualified by Williams in Monza 2017,because the poster I was replying to clearly ignored Hungary 2018 qualifying. May be you are stupid as well, since you clearly don't know what "context" is.

And I know the result of Vettel vs Raikkonen, but that wasn't the point nor it was the discussion.

I don't know about you guys but I kind of like the underdog position Ferrari has put itself into. Basically, on the expectation department, we score a resounding ZERO which leaves any positive outcome as grounds for a cheerful celebration. Anyway...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I kind of like the underdog position Ferrari has put itself into. Basically, on the expectation department, we score a resounding ZERO which leaves any positive outcome as grounds for a cheerful celebration. Anyway...whatever.
    Great starting point for winning CWC and WDC!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    And don't forget these days, some people can opt for a better qualifying setup, others, for a better race setup. I hope Ferrari went with the better race setup.
    Either way though, it's going to be difficult to salvage tomorrow, there may be some drama with mixed up positions, but Hamilton and Max will just rocket off. It'll probably Hamilton, Max, Bottas finish in that order.
    Well...at least the long run pace looked good yesterday. But tbh, it's quite frustrating, to see where Ferrari is right now. They are clearly lacking direction, both in the factory and race track. I don't have much hope for 2022 rule changes.

Well...at least the long run pace looked good yesterday. But tbh, it's quite frustrating, to see where Ferrari is right now. They are clearly lacking direction, both in the factory and race track. I don't have much hope for 2022 rule changes.
    Well, this rain didn't help, it looks like we made a step forward, but now it's even more difficult to see the forest from the trees. If Leclerc salvages 4th, he is a magician.

Some of the times I saw were starting to make me optimistic, but today just shot that all away.

I'm not going to go blame the drivers for this one, neither one is a Michael, but neither one is slower than Gasly in a TorroRosso.

Wow... you know so little, yet you think about yourself so much... What about driveability? Power delivery? Nothing? Crucial stuff in wet. And I don't even talk about aero stability, which is so important. Willisams may have less downforce, but if it is more stable, easier to drive, have better power delivery... The cars are not black and white. Btw you are basically saying that Leclerc is worse, than so many drivers from "lesser" teams, which is bull**** and you know it. Ferrari SF1000 is just pathetic excuse of a car. And you can say whatever you want ;)
    toally agree.....1000%.....i'm debating weather or NOT is even worse then the 2014 vacuum cleaner/ant eater we had....

At least if it rains tomorrow, anything can happen...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    toally agree.....1000%.....i'm debating weather or NOT is even worse then the 2014 vacuum cleaner/ant eater we had....

My point too will be on similar lines

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Race is under cold conditions but not wet.

Forecast for tomorrow is dry. Leclerc said car has improved in race pace so that may help.

Based on our starting positions, I'd say dry race is much more preferable than wet race. Start on hards and end the race on mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    More salt on the wound......

[Autosport]

Charles Leclerc faces a double investigation after StyrianGP qualifying, as he failed to immediately pit under a red flag and allegedly impeded Daniil Kvyat
    Wet quali or race is always a lottery. Anything can happen. Sometimes good or sometimes the other way.

Based on our starting positions, I'd say dry race is much more preferable than wet race. Start on hards and end the race on mediums.
    Yeah, with a couple safety cars we could repeat last week's salvage which is best case scenario.

Leclerc to start from back of the grid. Just a rumour as of now.
    Officially should be confirmed.

Ferrari are in deep water the top guns are doing freestyle and Ferrari can only manage dog paddling.This is carma they deserve to be where they are and iam glad that the fia has stomped on them hard.They should have been disqulafied last season. Iam a big believer in fair play no matter what sport.Ferrari actions and current failures are deserved, they are in a real trouble and it just high lites the systemic failures with current management structure.jobs for the boys has failed and will continue to fail untill a new direction and structure is established.Ferrari needs a miricle to rescue this season, I do not see one happening.

What can we still expect from Ferrari this season? Can Ferrari still close the gap?

Vettel: "I don't know how long the season will be. We are trying to give our all. To improve race by race. The rest will be seen. We can't make any predictions at this stage."

Vettel: Of course I expected more in these conditions. We thought we could make the difference. In all 3 sessions we have been struggling a lot. I think our car was not setup for rain, it was difficult to bring the tyres to work. We weren't fast enough to keep up with the others

How depressing is the situation?

Vettel: Of course our aspiration is to be further ahead but we have to bear it and give our all. We hope the next step of new parts, the next step on the car will come soon but you can't expect a huge leap within a week.
    "We have to hang in there, keep on going and the rest will be seen on track."

Vettel speaking to @ORF, earlier this week: I've achieved a lot in the past in this sport and it's of course my goal to keep achieving more. If it was about making sure of adding more money in my wallet, then I would probably already have a seat by now.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 11th July 2020 at 17:16.

Max blaming vettel for near miss of pole lap.
    He was saying, wanted to follow vettel car for tyre tracks.
    This is the reason I don’t like max.

Guys, don't miss the F2 race. Schwartzman is winning this race, we have another special talent in our hand.

Where is BINOTTO? He has nothing to say all of a sudden.Totto was right he only is good at repeating the same old boring rhetoric over and over.He is a walking doomsayer are real party killer.Binotto is out of his depth and is drowning he should be in a lab at the factory that is his calling should never had taken the position of team principle.Binotto can run but he can't hide.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Great starting point for winning CWC and WDC!
    We are far from Merc and RB but the good thing is we are not far from Williams

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Leclerc to start from back of the grid. Just a rumour as of now.
    Officially should be confirmed.
    If correct, it's another dig at Ferrari and I am convinced they have been forced by the FIA to make amends for their brilliant circumventing of the fuel flow regs last year and are paying the price. I despair of our team which seems lost at present with no power, no engine upgrades allowed, and unbalanced handling, what hope is there when Binotto seems to be muddling along and stating 'we have to understand the problem' at every opportunity. The drivers have been dropped right in it and a Charles penalty will just make a bad day even worse.

3 Place Pen for Charles. Starts 14th.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    If correct, it's another dig at Ferrari and I am convinced they have been forced by the FIA to make amends for their brilliant circumventing of the fuel flow regs last year and are paying the price. I despair of our team which seems lost at present with no power, no engine upgrades allowed, and unbalanced handling, what hope is there when Binotto seems to be muddling along and stating 'we have to understand the problem' at every opportunity. The drivers have been dropped right in it and a Charles penalty will just make a bad day even worse.
    It doesn’t get much worse than this.
    Either DNF would at least give a hope next week that yeah will be fighting in this season.
    But seeing our cars beaten by Alfa, RP, Mclaren, Williams, Renault such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    At least there should be some entertainment in the race where we can see his resurgence. But up to what extent we don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Mamma Mia