Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: StyrianGP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    3 Place Pen for Charles. Starts 14th.

Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

Let's see how much carving Charles can climb up the field....without attrition of course.....on full merit.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    We are far from Merc and RB but the good thing is we are not far from Williams
    that was funny

I'll be happy if there is no incident between our two drivers and at least gaining a few points. Hope that's not too much to wish for.......

https://www.ferrari.com/en-RS/formula1/year-1980

For the younger ones here to learn how bad it was and can be...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-RS/formula1/year-1980

For the younger ones here to learn how bad it was and can be...
    All the same, 8th 5th.......I guess will have to wait 8 more years to have a real challenger. #FERRRARIGP2 #ESSEREGP2

All the same, 8th 5th.......I guess will have to wait 8 more years to have a real challenger. #FERRRARIGP2 #ESSEREGP2
    GP2 engine, GP2 engine.....Enzo is prolly rolling in his grave....

Will we see the same thing in F1 tomorrow during the podium finish??

https://twitter.com/ingastrackef1/st...08466165506049

[QUOTE=jgonzalesm6;1027777]Will we see the same thing in F1 tomorrow during the podium

Just checked the speed trap data and the trophy table is above Ferrari powered teams.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Just checked the speed trap data and the trophy table is above Ferrari powered teams.

As sad as it is, we probably need to leave F1 to save the brand as this is showing that we haven't got a clue. Be funny to see the viewing figures without us though, and prize money

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Good point the Ferrari brand is now under the spotlite for all of the wrong reasons. Basically Ferrari do not have a car for this season they can put on all the crap parts they want it will fail you need horse power and all Ferrari have is a prancing donkey.

Shwartzman, is he part of our FDA ?? Amazing drive.
    Alfa or haas need to grab him ASAP. Next gen star in the making

Binotto: "We worked very hard to bring updates to the car earlier than planned, but they didn’t show their worth on track.

We have to work out why and change this state of affairs, which is just not good enough for a team by the name of Ferrari."

"We mustn't get het up about it, but we cannot ignore the facts."

"In two qualifying sessions, albeit in different conditions, we have not been competitive, not only against those who have been our closets rivals over the past few years, but also against others, who up to yesterday were generally behind us."

Quote Originally Posted by Timpolidori View Post
    As sad as it is, we probably need to leave F1 to save the brand as this is showing that we haven't got a clue. Be funny to see the viewing figures without us though, and prize money

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Ferrari mentioned competing in IndyCar, in order to keep their staff and use the rest of their budget due to the budget cap, which will probably include producing an engine and chasis for the sport.

If Ferrari did leave, then F1 is finished for me, I will switch to IndyCar.

F1 would probably be finished too, unless Ferrari and other teams created a rival championship, as they have threatened to do in the past. In hindsight, they should have.

ORF: Niki Lauda has often said that in his time at Ferrari, even if you are a world champion, you can find yourself in merciless situation there. Now that you are leaving, do you feel like you are getting pushed out?

Vettel: "No. In all fairness no."
    "It would help me if Niki was still around so I could ask him. He always said what he thought. I still believe that there is no bad intent on the team side. I believe that everything I have received from team over the past years, I want to give that back. That is my goal"

The deadline [of the decision of his future]?

Vettel: "Would be good to know before the start of the new season [laughs]."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Binotto: "We worked very hard to bring updates to the car earlier than planned, but they didn’t show their worth on track.

We have to work out why and change this state of affairs, which is just not good enough for a team by the name of Ferrari."

"We mustn't get het up about it, but we cannot ignore the facts."
    Will they ever understand anything, like ever

It's the same story, over and over.

I’m seeing another Stefano Domenicali in the making.

Politically, in terms of dealing with the other teams and FIA, Ferrari seems to be lacking.

I don’t know how they can’t understand a car they worked on for at least a year?! Always the same issues, always the same excuses. I haven’t been this depressed in years. I was more optimistic in 1996. 2005 is close to this year as far as expectations go. I doubt we’ll win anything this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I don’t know how they can’t understand a car they worked on for at least a year?! Always the same issues, always the same excuses. I haven’t been this depressed in years. I was more optimistic in 1996. 2005 is close to this year as far as expectations go. I doubt we’ll win anything this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And if the engine stays the same, next year could be another repeat.

Ferrari went 19yrs without winning. From 1980 to 1999.

Enzo died in 1988.

Then in 2000, Schumacher along with the Benetton team moved over to Ferrari.

2017: Start the new formula with a car that got most downforce but an average engine

2018: Car with good downforce and the best engine

2019: Change of direction/concept, the best engine but average downforce

2020: Bad engine and average downforce

I can't believe how can they goof up so much under stable regulation. And now the some old excuses popping up once again, "the aero didn't match our expectations, correlation problems etc etc"

They don't have problems with funding or resources, but lack the right personnel to guide them around. Start hiring from outside again, Mercedes and Red Bull have their people under iron contract, but I'm sure there are talented people out there in Tracing point, Mclaren and Renault who would be more than willing to work for Ferrari.

It's time to clean the house properly. Stop promoting under qualified internal names and start hiring proper talent. Look where Mclaren is right now under James Key's guidance. Enough with the "Spaghetti Culture".

It is like blind leading blind.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    2017: Start the new formula with a car that got most downforce but an average engine

2018: Car with good downforce and the best engine

2019: Change of direction/concept, the best engine but average downforce

2020: Bad engine and average downforce

I can't believe how can they goof up so much under stable regulation. And now the some old excuses popping up once again, "the aero didn't match our expectations, correlation problems etc etc"

They don't have problems with funding or resources, but lack the right personnel to guide them around. Start hiring from outside again, Mercedes and Red Bull got their people under iron contract, but I'm sure there are talented people out there in Tracing point, Mclaren and Renault who would be more than willing to work for Ferrari.

It's time to clean the house properly. Stop promoting under qualified internal names and start hiring proper talent. Look where Mclaren is right now under James Key's guidance. Enough with the "Spaghetti Culture".
    i beg the differ....we ONLY had the best engine because we "cheated"....tricked the sensors and used more fuel in Quali to get pole.....in races we were average at best....due to lack of downforce we couldn't work the tires to their optimum, sliding across the asphalt and wearing them prematurely....

in my opinion, that what sums up the 2019 season....

and now 2020....well we're prolly no better then we were in 2014....weak engine and weak chassis

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari went 19yrs without winning. From 1980 to 1999.

Enzo died in 1988.

Then in 2000, Schumacher along with the Benetton team moved over to Ferrari.
    1982+1983 WCC
    Michael went to Ferrari in 1996.

Ferrari's last Constructors Championship was 2008, so it's now a 12 year drought, 13 if we include the Drivers Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Ferrari's last Constructors Championship was 2008, so it's now a 12 year drought, 13 if we include the Drivers Championship.
    Last time it was 21 years wait for WDC....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Last time it was 21 years wait for WDC....
    So we have a few more years to spear then???