View Poll Results: Replace Binotto?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 35.82%
  • No

43 64.18%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The chopping block. Mattia Binotto stay or go?

Let's remember, it wasn't Binotto that signed off an an engine freeze either. This goes higher up than just the Mattia. What will a new principal achieve now? It just continues to undermine the entire management hierarchy. A new TP won't suddenly sort out the correlation issues or magic up a new engine

In my humble opinion,it's a matter of changing the structure of hierarchy in the team; it has to be more vertical , name heads who will in turn delegate, stop concentrating power to so few people, starting with the current TP.
    Sure ok, Binotto could be replaced with the TP of whoever's choice and he could or could not return to his previous post (?),maybe, the thing tho is that unless we get to a more horizontal management system where people delegate fast so when a problem arises,teams can be built really fast and problems can be resolve as fast,we'll never move forward.
    Also, the problem with dealing with errors that comes from pressure , will only be dealt with via strong leadership ; ie. someone that will act as a shield for the team.

In this respect,the answer to this question is that sure,replace Binotto if you have to but don't sack him, and change the team structure into the 21st century.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

if only Michael Schumacher was okay, imagine him as team boss.. would be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    if only Michael Schumacher was okay, imagine him as team boss.. would be epic!
    If we had to change I would always want Ross Brawn, cannot believe they never went for him. If had to change has to be Brawn, imagine when Merc kicked him out he could of brought over so much insider knowledge normally when Ferrari get rid of senior figures they go to Merc and spill their guts. On that note getting Cowell as an engine consultant to explain all the dirty tricks Merc use would be great if just to protest them.

Ross Brawn has no intention of returning to Ferrari. In fact I think he's part of the reason why Mercedes avoid any kinds of investigations and we get scrutinised more heavily. He's quite pally with Toto, after all he made a mint when he sold Brawn to them. It's all underhanded

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    If we had to change I would always want Ross Brawn, cannot believe they never went for him. If had to change has to be Brawn, imagine when Merc kicked him out he could of brought over so much insider knowledge normally when Ferrari get rid of senior figures they go to Merc and spill their guts. On that note getting Cowell as an engine consultant to explain all the dirty tricks Merc use would be great if just to protest them.
    I don't think that could or would ever happen after he and Michael was pushed out of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I don't think that could or would ever happen after he and Michael was pushed out of the team.
    Like Alonso would never go back to McLaren after 2007? If they offered it to him he might take it, they have never asked the question, never a rumour or story U can remember. Moot point though to me as I want Binotto to be given time. As for people saying Ferrari never cast their net wide for recruitment they tried to get Newey on numerous occasions for reported crazy wages but were never successful. I also used to think Flavio he was a bull dog in the paddock. With the current thinking people are throwing at Ferrari that they need diversity and only employ Italians, Hamilton having a pop at who Ferrari employ they could cover all bases and appoint Mario Balotelli as TP?

#Montezemolo e la #Ferrari: “Organizzazione da cambiare. Binotto troppo solo”

Excerpts from the article

Montezemolo: "When they replaced me they told me that it didn't matter to have positive balance sheets, they said you had to win on the track... At least in my day when Ferrari didn't win we stayed in the fight until the last race!"

"Today's problem arises first and foremost from organisation. Ferrari has it totally different from the other teams. Mattia Binotto is too lonely. There are no other teams organised like that."

"Binotto, who is a young novice as technical director, is responsible for sports management, driver management, technical area and must also take care of politics."

"In my days I had built a team with the best of the best. There were Todt, Brawn, Byrne, Martinelli, Domenicali... Formula 1 is like great international football, you don't look at passports to win, you have to look for the best."

"In Ferrari in recent times the talents have left. First Allison, then Sassi and they all ended up at Mercedes!"

"I'm very worried [about Ferrari] because it won't be easy to get out of this situation because we should already be working on 2022 when everything changes."

"I see it difficult to develop the car and think about the future, also because a new nose and a wing are not enough to change the competitiveness of this car. I think it is necessary to take the situation by the horns, make bold choices and make them quickly!"

"The drivers are not at fault. But I would never have cut Vettel so far in advance. Too much pressure has been put on Leclerc and it is difficult to involve Vettel now as he will leave the team."

"I was sorry that Ferrari vetoed my Formula 1 presidency. Ecclestone had called me and I would have accepted with pleasure. My father used to say to me: 'Whoever is jealous of the past hasn't understood anything.'"

https://topspeedblog.it/montezemolo-...o-troppo-solo/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    #Montezemolo e la #Ferrari: “Organizzazione da cambiare. Binotto troppo solo”

Excerpts from the article

Montezemolo: "When they replaced me they told me that it didn't matter to have positive balance sheets, they said you had to win on the track... At least in my day when Ferrari didn't win we stayed in the fight until the last race!"

"Today's problem arises first and foremost from organisation. Ferrari has it totally different from the other teams. Mattia Binotto is too lonely. There are no other teams organised like that."

"Binotto, who is a young novice as technical director, is responsible for sports management, driver management, technical area and must also take care of politics."

"In my days I had built a team with the best of the best. There were Todt, Brawn, Byrne, Martinelli, Domenicali... Formula 1 is like great international football, you don't look at passports to win, you have to look for the best."

"In Ferrari in recent times the talents have left. First Allison, then Sassi and they all ended up at Mercedes!"

"I'm very worried [about Ferrari] because it won't be easy to get out of this situation because we should already be working on 2022 when everything changes."

"I see it difficult to develop the car and think about the future, also because a new nose and a wing are not enough to change the competitiveness of this car. I think it is necessary to take the situation by the horns, make bold choices and make them quickly!"

"The drivers are not at fault. But I would never have cut Vettel so far in advance. Too much pressure has been put on Leclerc and it is difficult to involve Vettel now as he will leave the team."

"I was sorry that Ferrari vetoed my Formula 1 presidency. Ecclestone had called me and I would have accepted with pleasure. My father used to say to me: 'Whoever is jealous of the past hasn't understood anything.'"

https://topspeedblog.it/montezemolo-...o-troppo-solo/
    I think he’s right.

At least in my day when Ferrari didn't win we stayed in the fight until the last race!"
    LOL he must forget the early 90's.....and mid 90's.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think he’s right.
    He is basically saying what may of us have said. Ferrari needs to stop looking for the best in Italy, and look for the best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I think he’s right.
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    He is basically saying what may of us have said. Ferrari needs to stop looking for the best in Italy, and look for the best in the world.

Yep, but the best in the world:

1.) Don't want to move to Italy.

2.) The heirarchy up top needs to change FIRST due to all the politics and organizational quagmire in the F1 dept.

Ferrari F1 won't change though. Their ethos is borderline "insanity" when it comes to someone form the outside telling them how to RUN an F1 team...."Situation Normal." pffft.

The only way Ferrari wins currently is if Mercedes drops out of F1.......just like Porsche and Audi dropped out of the LMP1 class and Toyota Denso is now winning....of course since there's no competition.

Mattia Binotto:

It’s not by sacking people that you make a car go faster.
    I have confidence in the people who work in the Gestione Sportiva: we have started out on a long process that should lead to another winning cycle. It will take a while, but the whole company understands and supports this vision.

Weren't/Aren't people on here blaming him for the opposite?

Seb was the best in the world at the time Ferrari laid $50 million on him. "Non Italian!" Then ; Charles a quasi Italian took over for virtually peanuts in pay.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Weren't/Aren't people on here blaming him for the opposite?
    People on this forum were upset with Montezemolo hiring the best people in the world and won 5 straight championships? I didn't see that.

If Mattia wants to stay employed and turn the car around, he needs to put down the Dashboard Confessional mix tape, take 250mg of Test-E, grow a pair and start acting like a man.

Ferrari needs a leader, not a soy-boi.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    If Mattia wants to stay employed and turn the car around, he needs to put down the Dashboard Confessional mix tape, take 250mg of Test-E, grow a pair and start acting like a man.

Ferrari needs a leader, not a soy-boi.

it's pretty easy to get a perscription for male hormone replacement therapy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not sure but turning point was appointing Domenicali as TP, position left vacant by Jean Todt’s departure which left Ross Brawn disgruntled and he decided to leave and join Honda. I could be completely wrong here but Ross leaving was a set back
    I so agree with you. Ross would have been a great TP and would have managed the team like clockwork. Just look at Brawn GP 2009!!! a brand new team ok ex Honda but Ross made it a winner in their 1st year.....the stuff of fairytales.
    Most teams employ multi-nationals. Maybe Ferrari need to employ a TP who has worked elsewhere and can bring in fresh ideas.

Forza Jules

People on this forum were upset with Montezemolo hiring the best people in the world and won 5 straight championships? I didn't see that.
    For the "Italianization". Pops up here and there.

Who ever caused the disgruntled employee to rat us out on the engine cheat needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    Who ever caused the disgruntled employee to rat us out on the engine cheat needs to go.
    It's Italy for God's sake. Someone needs to wake up with a severed horse's head in their bed.

Where is the Cosa Nostra when you need them?

Yep, but the best in the world:

1.) Don't want to move to Italy.

2.) The heirarchy up top needs to change FIRST due to all the politics and organizational quagmire in the F1 dept.

Ferrari F1 won't change though. Their ethos is borderline "insanity" when it comes to someone form the outside telling them how to RUN an F1 team...."Situation Normal." pffft.

The only way Ferrari wins currently is if Mercedes drops out of F1.......just like Porsche and Audi dropped out of the LMP1 class and Toyota Denso is now winning....of course since there's no competition.

Right. And you know this because:

1. You are Ferrari's recruitment manager.

2. Have first hand knowledge of how Ferrari operates.

3. Personally witnessed an outsider trying to tell Elkann and Co. how to run the business and he told him to go get stuffed.

They're making changes. Doesn't sound like a company that's not listening. And maybe you could provide a list of all the great people that have refused to come to Ferrari because it's in Italy... oh and AN doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Right. And you know this because:

1. You are Ferrari's recruitment manager.

2. Have first hand knowledge of how Ferrari operates.

3. Personally witnessed an outsider trying to tell Elkann and Co. how to run the business and he told him to go get stuffed.

They're making changes. Doesn't sound like a company that's not listening. And maybe you could provide a list of all the great people that have refused to come to Ferrari because it's in Italy... oh and AN doesn't count.

1. No

2. No

3. No

Given Ferrari's vast F1 budget plus it's vast finanical resources, they seem to be running or like to run in 2nd place........now 5th in 2020.

But what do I know. Like I said, everything has been fine at Ferrari and will be fine in the future. Who cares about the balance sheet and ROI with WDC or WCC titles.

No wonder Stroll copied a Mercedes of years past instead of a Ferrari.

1. No

2. No

3. No

Given Ferrari's vast F1 budget plus it's vast finanical resources, they seem to be running or like to run in 2nd place........now 5th in 2020.

But what do I know. Like I said, everything has been fine at Ferrari and will be fine in the future. Who cares about the balance sheet and ROI with WDC or WCC titles.

No wonder Stroll copied a Mercedes of years past instead of a Ferrari.
    Of course this has nothing to do with Wolf's investment or the fact they use Merc engines.
    Plus money isn't limitless and doesn't guarantee success.
    They have been more successful than Red Bull in the last 3-4 years, other than this year and Red Bull have vast financial resources.

Of course this has nothing to do with Wolf's investment or the fact they use Merc engines.
    Plus money isn't limitless and doesn't guarantee success.
    They have been more successful than Red Bull in the last 3-4 years, other than this year and Red Bull have vast financial resources.
    Politically, Ferrari seems to be getting steamrolled...

Mercedes have basically created a clone buffer team, not as good, but intended to be good enough to hassle those who are close enough to the works team.

RedBulls only handicap is the engine in this turbo hybrid era. If it had a Mercedes engine, it would behind Mercedes or fighting with Mercedes in the WCC or WDC titles.

RedBulls only handicap is the engine in this turbo hybrid era. If it had a Mercedes engine, it would behind Mercedes or fighting with Mercedes in the WCC or WDC titles.
    Could apply that to Ferrari also then.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Could apply that to Ferrari also then.....
    Yes, IF Ferrari had a Mercedes engine, it too would be up there fighting with Mercedes.

Unfortunatley, Ferrari makes it own.....which is why it won't sell to RedBull.....niether will Mercedes.