View Poll Results: Replace Binotto?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 35.82%
  • No

43 64.18%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The chopping block. Mattia Binotto stay or go?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    They can be based on Mars and still beat us with the Merc engine....
    Tell that to Wiiliams.

McLaren currently has a Renault engine.

RedBull has a Honda engine.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Tell that to Wiiliams.

And Ferrari had a double DNF. Where were these teams in 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019? Were they still in England or did they just move there for this year and suddenly become better than us?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    And Ferrari had a double DNF. Where were these teams in 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019? Were they still in England or did they just move there for this year and suddenly become better than us?
    They became better than us. RedBull's 2nd year with the Honda engine. Max beat both Ferrari drivers in 2019.

Mclaren hired an LMP1 Porsche engineer last year and has turned the team around this year not to mention Lando Norris. AMG PU for 2021.

Racing Point copied a W10 for 2020 and is under the helm of Lawrence Stroll since 2019. It's not original but it works.

RedBull look to copy Mercedes for Alpha Tauri if the protest cited by Renault gets thrown out the window.

These teams have progressed for 2020 and quite possibly into 2021. It took a year for the progression. It doesn't happen overnight. If they can do it, why can't Ferrari??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Tell that to Wiiliams.

Williams who have 0 points and based in the hallowed England....something wrong there then...
    Forza Ferrari

They became better than us. RedBull's 2nd year with the Honda engine. Max beat both Ferrari drivers in 2019.

Mclaren hired an LMP1 Porsche engineer last year and has turned the team around this year not to mention Lando Norris. AMG PU for 2021.

Racing Point copied a W10 for 2020 and is under the helm of Lawrence Stroll since 2019. It's not original but it works.

RedBull look to copy Mercedes for Alpha Tauri if the protest cited by Renault gets thrown out the window.

These teams have progressed for 2020 and quite possibly into 2021. It took a year for the progression. It doesn't happen overnight. If they can do it, why can't Ferrari??
    Our drivers mistakes greatly helped Max beat them...not cause we are based in Italy.

We could copy the Merc based in Italy if we really wanted...no need to be in England

McLaren have turned it around? really after 3 races....oh ok then.
    Forza Ferrari

Can't now anyways. Leclerc and Sainz moving to Italy. Guess there are some people willing to relocate.

But seriously, like Greig said, these teams haven't progressed as much as Ferrari has fallen back and we know the main cause of that. McLaren has been rebuilding for many years, Red Bull has been at or behind Ferrari for the last few years and Racing Point is a Merc copy. If you want Ferrari to be competitive quickly like Racing Point, maybe we should hire a master forger rather than aero/chassis engineers. If Ferrari hadn't been so handicapped by it's engine, they'd be well ahead of those teams, and you can't deny that.

Meanwhile Charles and Stroll are tied @ 18pts. after 3 races.

Can't now anyways. Leclerc and Sainz moving to Italy. Guess there are some people willing to relocate.

But seriously, like Greig said, these teams haven't progressed as much as Ferrari has fallen back and we know the main cause of that. McLaren has been rebuilding for many years, Red Bull has been at or behind Ferrari for the last few years and Racing Point is a Merc copy. If you want Ferrari to be competitive quickly like Racing Point, maybe we should hire a master forger rather than aero/chassis engineers. If Ferrari hadn't been so handicapped by it's engine, they'd be well ahead of those teams, and you can't deny that.
    Maybe that is not so bad idea at all! After all almost decade Ferrari aero/chassis engineers are having correlation problems with wind tunnel!

I would kick out Elkann and Binotto.
    It is business, and Elkann/Binotto team is doing bad business.

Binotto: "I am not the technical director anymore, I am only the team principal now."

➡️ : He said that they are looking for people outside of Ferrari and that they are not looking at the nationality but they have to find the right people.

Binotto also said that despite John Elkann's words (that they won't win until 2022), they will try everything and work hard to win before that.

Looks like Binotto has been listening to Brembo, puting out some positive vibes........

But Binotto is not completely writing off the next two years as they continue in their search for success.

Binotto added: “We just changed our technical organisation recently back in Maranello. We had to reorganise that.

I am not doing the technical director role anymore. We need to have people that are fully responsible of the various areas. I think we got it.

“There are many tasks managing an entire company, there is no time to do everything.

“If you look back in the past, if you look at the history of F1, each time there was a winning circle for some teams, it was always when there was a big regulation change.

“It has been the case for us, Red Bull and Mercedes. 2022 is a big important opportunity for us.

“That doesn’t mean that from now to 2022 we won’t challenge our rivals, we try to do our best, try to progress our car but we are aware that the gap is significant and this time is very limited.

“Today [Sunday] we got a podium and there can be great races in the future.”

Looks like Binotto has been listening to Brembo, puting out some positive vibes........

But Binotto is not completely writing off the next two years as they continue in their search for success.

Binotto added: “We just changed our technical organisation recently back in Maranello. We had to reorganise that.

I am not doing the technical director role anymore. We need to have people that are fully responsible of the various areas. I think we got it.

“There are many tasks managing an entire company, there is no time to do everything.

“If you look back in the past, if you look at the history of F1, each time there was a winning circle for some teams, it was always when there was a big regulation change.

“It has been the case for us, Red Bull and Mercedes. 2022 is a big important opportunity for us.

“That doesn’t mean that from now to 2022 we won’t challenge our rivals, we try to do our best, try to progress our car but we are aware that the gap is significant and this time is very limited.

“Today [Sunday] we got a podium and there can be great races in the future.”

It's back to work @ Ferrari !! There's now and i believe always was hope for this season at least with regards to podiums and even a pole or a win! I admire Charles more than ever for his constant belief and work . He's a strong personality and believes when the race starts he's got a chance. I justwish Seb to also have some interest in coming up front best he can. Stop looking in the mail box only !

I hope Ferrari finishes last in both races in italy, that might be the only thing to save Ferrari if the italian media forces the top brass to get rid of Binotto! With Binotto in charge, we have zero chance.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Your "Italian media forces the top brass to get rid of Binotto" sentence is the main problem.

A team like Ferrari shouldn't care about media opinions, especially the sensationalist gutter rags known as the Italian media. Ferrari should simply ignore it. Binotto's job is to guide and govern the team, he shouldn't be wasting time listening to a bunch of ignorant idiots.

And unlike some here, I don't want Binotto to go. Ferrari must've learned their lessons by now after firing Aldo Costa, and as a Ferrari fan, I don't want the history to repeat itself again.

Binotto's last interview has Ferrari's problems based on tire grip. No grip accelerating or braking. It's the tires not the car or drivers at fault .Back to F- Pirelli!

Inviting Flavio

Everyone has same tyres. Enough with the excuses

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Everyone has same tyres. Enough with the excuses

I was thinking the same thing. As far as Flavio, Toto & throw in Todt would not know what hit them. I'm glad he's recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Your "Italian media forces the top brass to get rid of Binotto" sentence is the main problem.

A team like Ferrari shouldn't care about media opinions, especially the sensationalist gutter rags known as the Italian media. Ferrari should simply ignore it. Binotto's job is to guide and govern the team, he shouldn't be wasting time listening to a bunch of ignorant idiots.

And unlike some here, I don't want Binotto to go. Ferrari must've learned their lessons by now after firing Aldo Costa, and as a Ferrari fan, I don't want the history to repeat itself again.
    Actually his job is to produce results and so far he has been failing tragically. This is his last chance after the restructure and tho I will agree that he has to concentrate to produce results , he is accountable to any and all that will happen here forth.
    So, excuses like it is the tyres ,the winds, God knows what next , are laughable at best and he should learn to shut up and put up and understand that when he opens his mouth he is Ferrari .

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Actually his job is to produce results and so far he has been failing tragically. This is his last chance after the restructure and tho I will agree that he has to concentrate to produce results , he is accountable to any and all that will happen here forth.
    So, excuses like it is the tyres ,the winds, God knows what next , are laughable at best and he should learn to shut up and put up and understand that when he opens his mouth he is Ferrari .

Well...it's not just Binotto, Mekies also said the same thing. They simply can't work the tyres properly here.

And excuses or not, I know for a fact that if Binotto leaves Ferrari, he's not going to have any problem securing another job at either Mercedes or Red Bull. Just like Aldo Costa's departure, it will another big lose for Ferrari.

Well...it's not just Binotto, Mekies also said the same thing. They simply can't work the tyres properly here.

And excuses or not, I know for a fact that if Binotto leaves Ferrari, he's not going to have any problem securing another job at either Mercedes or Red Bull. Just like Aldo Costa's departure, it will another big lose for Ferrari.
    There are lot of them in the queue if ferrari wishes to hire from out of its base market.
    Binotto is a TP not a TD anymore, who should own the responsibility of all the depts & handle smoothly.

He said we have a good surprise here, but what is it?

Again you miss the point : all the teams including even Alfa Romeo get the same specs and work with the same rules. Understand there are no excuses and they need to stop making excuses if they want to produce solutions. If they cannot , the door should be open and God forbid if Ferrari is afraid of them going to the competition. If we are growing this small we might as well close shop.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There are lot of them in the queue if ferrari wishes to hire from out of its base market.
    Binotto is a TP not a TD anymore, who should own the responsibility of all the depts & handle smoothly.

He said we have a good surprise here, but what is it?
    You saw it.

Again you miss the point : all the teams including even Alfa Romeo get the same specs and work with the same rules. Understand there are no excuses and they need to stop making excuses if they want to produce solutions. If they cannot , the door should be open and God forbid if Ferrari is afraid of them going to the competition. If we are growing this small we might as well close shop.

Maybe the problem is that everyone has been leaving. Maybe a guy like Binotto and even Elkann who are less fire & brimstone and a little calmer is just what Ferrari needs right now. If they are recruiting talent, then Binotto is on the right track with becoming just the TP. Hire new people and let them produce, don't throw out the people that might come up with the magic bullet. Binotto is an engineer, so if he can oversee development and keep everyone focused maybe we have a shot at coming out of this in good shape.
    Seems we've also been getting some clout back with the FIA, especially with some of these new tech directives, so maybe these 2 guys are a bit tougher in the background than what they project.

I think we know what the problem is and it's not going to change any time soon. The car was designed with lots of downforce expecting to use an engine that had a lot more power. Now they have to shed downforce to gain some speed. It's not working too well.

I don't believe that Binotto should be replaced.

Also, it seems this is what Toto Wolff is trying to achieve with his instigating in the media, clearly he wants Binotto to be replaced which will cause even more instability and confusion at Ferrari.

In terms of performance, there is not much Ferrari can do right now anyway.

Wolf was careful with his words... he said Ferrari is an institution did not want to discredit the organization, only some individuals. Maybe Wolf angling for a new job at the most famous team in F1. Maybe wants to bring Hamilton over.
    Cowell, Wolf and Ham over to Ferrari?

Wolf was careful with his words... he said Ferrari is an institution did not want to discredit the organization, only some individuals. Maybe Wolf angling for a new job at the most famous team in F1. Maybe wants to bring Hamilton over.
    Cowell, Wolf and Ham over to Ferrari?
    Or just his attempts at psychological warfare at Ferrari and the current management.

To you it sounds like excuse, to me it was factual description of events. Fact, Ferrari was competitive and had the best race of 2020 in Silverstone race 2, not because of the tyres, but because of the high ambient and track temperature compared to Silverstone race 1. Ferrari had their best qualifying performance in Hungary, but struggled during the race when the track was damp and the temperature was low. Spain, bad qualifying, but the race temp was higher and Leclerc was lapping faster than TP, Mclaren and pretty much all the car on track bar the Mercedes and Verstappen, while being stuck behind traffic. Spa, only 17C ambient temp and 38C track temp. And Ferrari struggled massively both on Saturday and Sunday.

They can't make solutions without identifying the problems. And speaking of tyres, the 2013 Mercedes was the fastest car in Spain qualifying, but had horrible tyre drop off and barely finished on points.

Right now, Ferrari has to sacrifice a lot of downforce for the lack of power, which is also reducing the aero load on tyres. If we had last years PU and ran with last years downforce level, we wouldn't be hearing about any tyre problems. But the realty is different, and rule-wise, they can't do anything about it.