Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

sky find the whole protest by Renault quite funny, yet at the same time they're being a bit protective of the pink mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    sky find the whole protest by Renault quite funny, yet at the same time they're being a bit protective of the pink mercs.
    Odd isn't it? Seems like anything Merc involved they get on their soap box.

As per the brake ducts; let's say RP got the drawings from Merc, moved one surface 1mm and sent it to the composites department, it's not a copy, right? Legal?

The team has red tape on their right shoulders, which sponsors are they covering up? Why?

Wet session is what Ferrari needs. Car has been dud in wet conditions since 2016. Time to put in some laps.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    That’s because they need to protect Merc and their baby Hamilton at all costs. If RP is guilty, that would mean cooperation from Merc and make them guilty as well. The Hamilton fan club at Sky cannot handle that.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Do you think the criticism against Ferrari is justified?

Vettel: "There is always criticism where the performance does not match the expectations and I think that is what we all have to face. I have been through this a lot too."

I totally understand under the current circumstances that ferrari may not win any races this season, but unfortunately the ability to compete is gone, not winning but just to compete making it difficult for our competitors. It's heart breaking and very painful to see ferrari where they are at the moment. We will continue believing in our team to rise up from this situation and once again claim the top step of the poduim like we did so for many years before. FORZA FERRARI!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    The team has red tape on their right shoulders, which sponsors are they covering up? Why?
    Their sponsor WAI-CHEI dropped Ferrari before the 1st race of 2020....hence the red tape on their right shoulder.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Binotto about the TP role now: Certainly the job is difficult. Certainly when you are not doing well as we are now. You've got a lot of pressure from the outside mainly. But we are also putting pressure on ourselves because we know what is our objectives certainly as Ferrari.It's been 25 years that I am in F1. It's not the first time we had difficult seasons in Ferrari so I remember how difficult it is, so when I moved to this job I was certainly expecting difficult times.More important in those times, you need to keep stability, to remain focused, making sure that even as a team if there is something to be addressed you are making the right decision and move forward for something better.

Seb is fast. He is our champion, he is a 4-time world champion. He knows how to win. He is a leader in the team. I think he has plenty of right attitudes. He is a talented driver. No doubt Seb can fit in whatever team, hopefully he will find his position in the future.

We were doing developments (power unit) for this season that we are not able to introduce during this season because we had a long shutdown period before the start of the season which has not been the case for all the power unit manufacturers btw. We will try to develop as much as we can by the start of next season that's one point. On the other side, I think there are still areas in the regulation that needs to be clarified so that in the future we all got the same understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wts the weekend weather prediction?
    Wet tomorrow morning....we should be dry for quali and the race Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Wet tomorrow morning....we should be dry for quali and the race Sunday.
    Thanks

Their sponsor WAI-CHEI dropped Ferrari before the 1st race of 2020....hence the red tape on their right shoulder.
    All the money in the world and they can’t make new shirts? First Vettel is too expensive for us and now we can’t afford to print new team gear.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Since it's a high downforce track, maybe this will help us a bit. Seeing the onboard, the car doesn't look hard to drive, it looks well balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    All the money in the world and they can’t make new shirts? First Vettel is too expensive for us and now we can’t afford to print new team gear.
    In Ferrari's defence, the sponsor drop was "all of a sudden" and with just 10 races on the calender (so far), it's "cost effective" to put red tape on the sleeves instead of making a whole new run of apparel.

I would'nt be surprised if they taped up the logo on the cars.....the first 2 races yes....not sure about Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Since it's a high downforce track, maybe this will help us a bit. Seeing the onboard, the car doesn't look hard to drive, it looks well balanced.
    Another progression track....like Monaco but not as narrow.......so qualifying will be super important. If you get tire strats right, should be an easy win for P1 qualifying.

From Racing Point to Ferrari, the gap should be just a few tenths if I am not wrong. With Vettel and Leclerc at the helm and on the basis of Vettel's comments last week that car feels a lot better, both of them may be able to qualify in top 8. Tough ask but I think there is a chance.

I guess they spent all the money of those fancy, useless masks...

Binotto about the TP role now: Certainly the job is difficult. Certainly when you are not doing well as we are now. You've got a lot of pressure from the outside mainly. But we are also putting pressure on ourselves because we know what is our objectives certainly as Ferrari.It's been 25 years that I am in F1. It's not the first time we had difficult seasons in Ferrari so I remember how difficult it is, so when I moved to this job I was certainly expecting difficult times.More important in those times, you need to keep stability, to remain focused, making sure that even as a team if there is something to be addressed you are making the right decision and move forward for something better.

Seb is fast. He is our champion, he is a 4-time world champion. He knows how to win. He is a leader in the team. I think he has plenty of right attitudes. He is a talented driver. No doubt Seb can fit in whatever team, hopefully he will find his position in the future.

We were doing developments (power unit) for this season that we are not able to introduce during this season because we had a long shutdown period before the start of the season which has not been the case for all the power unit manufacturers btw. We will try to develop as much as we can by the start of next season that's one point. On the other side, I think there are still areas in the regulation that needs to be clarified so that in the future we all got the same understanding.
    That last paragraph sums up Ferrari's main problem this season and next, if Binotto is maintaining that other engine suppliers were able to work on their ICE power units during lockdown, and Italy having an earlier and longer lockdown than other countries, then surely the FIA should make allowances accordingly. Binotto should be challenging this unfair advantage with the backing of Camilleri and Elkann.

Racing point is a mercedes copy end of story.From the basement to the pent house in the blink of an eye.Lance stroll and Toto are the puppeteers behind this.The two amigo have a plan hatched.They are simply looking after there Aston Martin investment.I expect more mercedes intellectual property to be transferred on secretly.Looks like an Aston Martin gate to me.Racing point is not the big picture in the long term but is a test mule that so far is providing solid results and feed back to the money man Mr lance stroll The FIA are blind to this or they choose to be why.? Smells like a Mercedes Ross Brawn story all over again this time the lead actor is lance stroll.The mailman is being played by totto wolf.

so I just checked the results, and Seb was fastest in FP2, which I find surprising despite the conditions.

Blame the Italian government.The UK was not as strict on the lock down measures implemented.Italy was a hard lockdown including the factory at maranallo Ferrari lost 3 months of pu development work.So there Lewis Hamilton all lives matter. The italian govt did the right thing the bigger picture is bigger than ferrari f1 regardless.There could well be some dispensation coming Ferrari way because they have been effected because of covid.As you are all aware most teams are based in the UK and results currently are high lighting this.Ferrari on the back foot as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Blame the Italian government.The UK was not as strict on the lock down measures implemented.Italy was a hard lockdown including the factory at maranallo Ferrari lost 3 months of pu development work.So there Lewis Hamilton all lives matter. The italian govt did the right thing the bigger picture is bigger than ferrari f1 regardless.There could well be some dispensation coming Ferrari way because they have been effected because of covid.As you are all aware most teams are based in the UK and results currently are high lighting this.Ferrari on the back foot as a result.
    I don't think putting a sport ahead of the livelihood of its people would have been the right thing to do. When the pandemic hit Italy, it hit them hard, there were older people being taken off respirators and left to die because they didn't have enough equipment and they had younger patients coming in... it was quite a horrible thing, they did the right thing.... on the other hand, Ferrari accepting a 2 year engine freeze, that was just the wrong decision... not certain why they agreed to this other than the engine fiasco last year...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Vettel : “Here the performance seems to be better in dry conditions than in Austria. But it is no secret that there is still a lot of work ahead of us and we still have a lot of catching up to do. But I think we should be more competitive here. I am looking forward to tomorrow.Today was a better day for us. I think you can say that. It seems we are a bit better at this track. In the rain we drove a bit longer today because of the weakness we had last weekend. We don't know the weather for tomorrow but we are prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That last paragraph sums up Ferrari's main problem this season and next, if Binotto is maintaining that other engine suppliers were able to work on their ICE power units during lockdown, and Italy having an earlier and longer lockdown than other countries, then surely the FIA should make allowances accordingly. Binotto should be challenging this unfair advantage with the backing of Camilleri and Elkann.
    I don’t get his statement. Lockdown was imposed in March? By that time engine/chassis were designed & we had winter testing completed. Also it was not during the lockdown that Ferrari/Binotto agreed with FIA “for the good of sport”???

Completely throwing everything on corona crisis isn’t good. It’s just Binotto & his team got caught Sleeping while others were trying something.

But I respect the maranello staff that they are giving their hard now to bring upgrades to the car. I just salute to them for their day & night work. That’s it.

I don’t get his statement. Lockdown was imposed in March? By that time engine/chassis were designed & we had winter testing completed. Also it was not during the lockdown that Ferrari/Binotto agreed with FIA “for the good of sport”???

Completely throwing everything on corona crisis isn’t good. It’s just Binotto & his team got caught Sleeping while others were trying something.

But I respect the maranello staff that they are giving their hard now to bring upgrades to the car. I just salute to them for their day & night work. That’s it.

Well he did say they had upgrades for the PU that they couldn't implement because of the shut down and he's wondering how the other teams were able to develop so much. remember.. all teams were supposed to shut down, this was supposed to be the summer break during the lockdown so there shouldn't have been so much development.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well he did say they had upgrades for the PU that they couldn't implement because of the shut down and he's wondering how the other teams were able to develop so much. remember.. all teams were supposed to shut down, this was supposed to be the summer break during the lockdown so there shouldn't have been so much development.
    It's fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    1) Did Mercs bring any news parts in last 2 events, i literally see its same car which they had done during winter testing
    2) At the time of winter testing itself it was evident that we are slow. Mattia was also saying, we are slow & understand why this at the time of testing.
    3) Assume that they had upgrades for PU which they couldn’t implement due to shut down (March). But now they can implement it right ? There’s no lockdown now.

Correct me if I’m missing anything.

As per my understanding Engine clampdown with FIA done before Winter testing itself. So it hit us hard & it was evident in testing. Ok done.
    Coming to Aero work, yes due to pandemic heavy crisis in Italy they did shutdown. But it was the same situation everywhere although it’s a matter of more or less. Did other teams stop working?
    This is the other reason why ferrari needs to set up another base away Italy.

Whenever economic crisis/Health emergency arises in Italy, only ferrari team should suffer where other teams take advantage of it? It shouldn’t be the case.

1) Did Mercs bring any news parts in last 2 events, i literally see its same car which they had done during winter testing
    2) At the time of winter testing itself it was evident that we are slow. Mattia was also saying, we are slow & understand why this at the time of testing.
    3) Assume that they had upgrades for PU which they couldn’t implement due to shut down (March). But now they can implement it right ? There’s no lockdown now.

As per my understanding Engine clampdown with FIA done before Winter testing itself. So it hit us hard & it was evident in testing. Ok done.
    Coming to Aero work, yes due to pandemic heavy crisis in Italy they did shutdown. But it was the same situation everywhere although it’s a matter of more or less. Did other teams stop working?

Whenever economic crisis/Health emergency arises in Italy, only ferrari team should suffer where other teams take advantage of it? It shouldn’t be the case.
    We can't. We agreed to an in season engine spec freeze "for the good of the sport".

Both Merc and Honda & Red Bull brought substantial upgrades to their cars and/or engines. Just Ferrar & Renault didn't. Engines are frozen as of the first race and only have 2 tokens to use for upgrade and then frozen for next year.

That’s because they need to protect Merc and their baby Hamilton at all costs. If RP is guilty, that would mean cooperation from Merc and make them guilty as well. The Hamilton fan club at Sky cannot handle that.
    This is true^ SkyF1 are very biased indeed (and so are some forums, included the one I closed my account at before signing up here!)