Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Ferrari are ready to sign new c.agreement with FIA. I feel it’s better chance to negotiate for the interest of Ferrari with new deal. But who’s gonna talk? I don’t see any strong person to deal with FIA from Ferrari side.

Verstappen tells Russell to focus on his own car after the Briton's comments on Albon #

Verstappen: "George doesn't know anything about our team. He should look at himself and his team before talking about others."

Verstappen tells Russell to focus on his own car after the Briton's comments on Albon #

Verstappen: "George doesn't know anything about our team. He should look at himself and his team before talking about others."

Helmut Marko: Before we get to Silverstone, we need to understand this problem, which seems to be a fundamental one.
    We have completely rebuilt the car overnight and there are still aerodynamic things that we don't understand and make it impossible for the drivers to set a competitive lap time. We lost half a second in both S2 and S3.

In the Austrian GP race thread, the usual forum "experts" were kept on going about Red Bull's "downforce", according to those experts the current Red Bull got similar level of downforce as the Mercedes. But I guess those experts got the definitive answer today.

Vettel: We're on a different tyre strategy compared to the first four. I think the first two (@MercedesAMGF1) are completely out of reach, they are just not on a different planet, but it seems on a different universe a the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    In the Austrian GP race thread, the usual forum "experts" were kept on going about Red Bull's "downforce", according to those experts the current Red Bull got similar level of downforce as the Mercedes. But I guess those experts got the definitive answer today.
    I know you are referring to me. but if u read Marko comments they brought new upgrades (front suspension/rear wing etc) but they did get wrong.

Verstappen: "Nothing worked all weekend. We are way too slow and it's really bad. In terms of pace we are not the fastest. We'll see tomorrow. I haven't seen us this slow in a long time. But it is like this."

Russell on Albon: "He's being made to look like an idiot and he's absolutely not.

"I don't know what's going on, but they need to sort it out for him."

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    RedBull exceeded their curfew last nigtt and worked on the cars. I believe your allowed 2 curfew "tokens" per season.

They're bewildered at the cars performance during quali.....Max of course.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    RedBull exceeded their curfew last nigtt and worked on the cars. I believe your allowed 2 curfew "tokens" per season.

Yes. They Tried something which didn’t worked that’s it. By seeing max lap he was on it in S1 but loosing everything in S2 & S3

But that's typical of Marko. Marko always overhypes and oversells his teams chances during the winter testing, but they always fall short. No credible title challenge since 2013, never been in either WDC or WCC fight during the entire V6 era, but people always regard them as the potential Mercedes beater.

so a frustrated Max starting right behind the Ferraris on the grid, what could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so a frustrated Max starting right behind the Ferraris on the grid, what could possibly go wrong?
    Set up...!!

Ferrari loses most of their time in the first 1.5 kilometres. There Ferrari are punished by their weak engine and the poor efficiency of the car. The SF1000 still generates its downforce at the expense of too much drag.

Sector 3 consists of three corners. Also in the middle sector with rather faster corners it doesn't look too bad for the SF1000. Besides the crazily fast Mercedes only Racing Point and McLaren were faster there than Ferrari but their advantage was only marginal.

In the sector comparison Ferrari is looking good especially in the final sector. In S3 Ferrari is the second force behind Mercedes (0.3s behind).

AMus

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Not really. If you go back and read what Max said after the 2nd Austrian GP, you'd know by now that Max has abandoned this years title hunt. The Red Bull car is no where near at Mercedes level, hell they are behind last years Mercedes. They are behind Ferrari as well, and considering the Honda engine's power advantage over the current Ferrari PU, they've got no place to hide.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 18th July 2020 at 18:51.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari loses most of their time in the first 1.5 kilometres. There Ferrari are punished by their weak engine and the poor efficiency of the car. The SF1000 still generates its downforce at the expense of too much drag.

Sector 3 consists of three corners. Also in the middle sector with rather faster corners it doesn't look too bad for the SF1000. Besides the crazily fast Mercedes only Racing Point and McLaren were faster there than Ferrari but their advantage was only marginal.

In the sector comparison Ferrari is looking good especially in the final sector. In S3 Ferrari is the second force behind Mercedes (0.3s behind).

AMus
    Yes, Ferrari is the second best team in sector 3 behind Mercedes. But yet again, AMUS has left out important bits.

Hamilton 20.731, Vettel 21.014, 0.283 sec behind. But Stroll 21.155 in S3, so only 0.141 sec slower than Vettel.

On the other hand, we are giving away 2 tenths in S1 to RP, while Mercedes is nearly 5 tenths ahead. In S2, we are a tenth behind RP, while giving away another 5 tenths to Mercedes. Just because our car is 'good' in sector 3, doesn't mean we've better chassis than the RP.

We are not setting the world alight with our cornering speed.

Set up...!!
    I meant there is the potential for another accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I meant there is the potential for another accident.
    Oh got your point now. I thought you were looking on what went wrong for RB.
    Stroll/vettel/Perez/Lec/max.... all are potential drivers for a crash.
    Don’t know how it goes into turn 1. Tyres are our best advantage but drag race down to turn1 is disadvantage.

There’s something in pipeline for tomorrow

Oh got your point now. I thought you were looking on what went wrong for RB.
    Stroll/vettel/Perez/Lec/max.... all are potential drivers for a crash.
    Don’t know how it goes into turn 1. Tyres are our best advantage but drag race down to turn1 is disadvantage.

There’s something in pipeline for tomorrow
    for sure, I would be amazed if there is no SC.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...mpression=true
    Wolf hits out at Binotto’s engine claims

Set up...!!
    It was not just set up.
    They said that they had to rebuild the car Friday night to figure out what is wrong, and still they didnt find it. They seem to me on a ,more or less, similar point as we. They look to have a better car then ours when it's working, BUT they also have a lot of problems to make it work and they dont quite understand it ,as we !!!!
    Red Bull has major aerodynamic problems. Some aerodynamic components such as the bottom deform, causing anomalous stalls. They still don't know where to intervene and this is the thing that worries them most
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 18th July 2020 at 20:29.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...mpression=true
    Wolf hits out at Binotto’s engine claims
    Laat year he was questioning why smoke use to come out from our car in the exit of the pits. I dont hear him explain why all Merc powered cars smoking badly all over the place???!!!!!
    BUT its Binottos fault for letting Toto humiliating him like that!!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We need things to heat up.Mercedes should be investigated over it's smoking engine and to flush out what deal has been made between mercedes and racing point.Something here does not sit well there is a smoking gun in the paddock FIA needs to find it and fast.

I think that new 2020 Mercedes is even powerful than Ferrari have last year. When I look Hamilton pol this is just crazy how the car behaved how to add engine power at low revs without turning to idle and correcting the steering wheel in corners. This is a completely different car from the competition, there will be tracks like Belgium .... there will be an advantage of 2s per lap or more. And when I think about the rules that the engines have to stay the same for the 2021 season too ... I don’t even know if I’ll even be watching F1 after 25 years. every time Mercedes escapes the competition, they obviously manage to reach rules together with the fia to prevent the competition from developing the car. It’s like tying a boxer’s hands in a fight and having to fight the champion. These rules are killing Formula 1 and Ferrari has completely lost its political power. Or is it all my assumptions and they just work so much better at Mercedes with this Anglo-German team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    An absolute disgrace to treat a 4 time world champion like this, the only one who even remotely taken the fight to Lewis for WDC and Mercedes from 2014 on!!!
    To treat him like cant believe it, Binotto you should be ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpcM9z1_Fw
    Sighs. THEY DID NOT TAKE HIS NAMEPLATE OFF THE JACKET! Vettels jacket is his own possession, Ferrari had to break into his room and remove it. Google pictures of Ferrari the last years, sometimes they do not have the nameplates on. Its completely normal. Vettel decides that for himself.
    How is it even possible for you to believe this happened based on a joke between two buddies in Horner and Vettel? The conversation between Vettel and Horner is a joke, so there is NOTHING that says Ferrari have removed any nameplates at all.

There would be absolutely no reason for Ferrari to sabotage or bully Sebastian, just apply common sense and you realize this did not happen!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Sighs. THEY DID NOT TAKE HIS NAMEPLATE OFF THE JACKET! Vettels jacket is his own possession, Ferrari had to break into his room and remove it. Google pictures of Ferrari the last years, sometimes they do not have the nameplates on. Its completely normal. Vettel decides that for himself.
    How is it even possible for you to believe this happened based on a joke between two buddies in Horner and Vettel? The conversation between Vettel and Horner is a joke, so there is NOTHING that says Ferrari have removed any nameplates at all.

There would be absolutely no reason for Ferrari to sabotage or bully Sebastian, just apply common sense and you realize this did not happen!
    Ok thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Ok thank god.
    Yes, thankfully it was just a clickbait the media made to make money as usual. I am sorry for the situation Vettel is in right now. Its sad. I wish him all the best and hope he does well this season. Sebastian is classy guy, lets hope he will be happy with whatever he decides to do next year, he deserves that!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Set up...!!
    ''Sports Entertainment'', F1 seems to be learning some things from Pro Wrestling these past few seasons.

One just has to listen to the Mercedes in-race radios to hear the constantly unfolding 'crises' adding to the unfolding 'drama' of the virtually pre-determined race wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Everyone needs to stop complaining about Italians running an Italian team. The real problem is Mercedes and the FIA. No one can get near that rocketship. Isn’t it funny how not one team complains about their dominance? Every one needs to ask themselves why is F1 as a whole is complacent with Mercedes dominance. There are things behind the scenes going on that we will never understand. I refuse to believe that Ferrari and RedBull are willfully sitting back and letting this happen.
    Agreed. In the 90's and 2000's the rules were constantly changing to prevent dominance of one team...now they're mostly remaining the same to the benefit of the dominance of a single team.

Helmut Marko: Before we get to Silverstone, we need to understand this problem, which seems to be a fundamental one.
    We have completely rebuilt the car overnight and there are still aerodynamic things that we don't understand and make it impossible for the drivers to set a competitive lap time. We lost half a second in both S2 and S3.
    “We are going to tell on someone. We are finalizing who that is.”