Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hungarian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Ferrari were locked down for longer. In light of all that's happened Ferrari should get the chance to update the engine for the extra lockdown time they endured. They need to push this as the Limey based teams got an advantage. Also need to employ someone like Cowel from the Nazi Taxis to expose their cheating smoking engines. Merc shun bad publicity hence ditching McLaren 1st chance after spygate. The Krauts are all front, once you can break their front they will flake. Any bad press for the Nazis they will leave F1, maybe time to drag them into some dirt so they leave?

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Ferrari were locked down for longer. In light of all that's happened Ferrari should get the chance to update the engine for the extra lockdown time they endured. They need to push this as the Limey based teams got an advantage. Also need to employ someone like Cowel from the Nazi Taxis to expose their cheating smoking engines. Merc shun bad publicity hence ditching McLaren 1st chance after spygate. The Krauts are all front, once you can break their front they will flake. Any bad press for the Nazis they will leave F1, maybe time to drag them into some dirt so they leave?
    I agree, if everyone really cared about "the show", and "the good of the sport", they would do exactly that, because a more competitive Ferrari acheives both those things, but it isn't about those things now is it.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    I love this guy.

Everything else is good except Ferrari shouldn’t get any special dispensation, they just shouldn’t have shut down and they should t have agreed to the engine freeze. Reap what you sow. They have crap leadership which is forcing the team to eat a turd sandwich. Chow down boys.

What someone needs to explain to me is; how is having Ferrari run around in the midfield or lower “good for the sport”?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I love this guy.

Everything else is good except Ferrari shouldn’t get any special dispensation, they just shouldn’t have shut down and they should t have agreed to the engine freeze. Reap what you sow. They have crap leadership which is forcing the team to eat a turd sandwich. Chow down boys.

What someone needs to explain to me is; how is having Ferrari run around in the midfield or lower “good for the sport”?
    This sport is political, it always has been... what I want to know is what is Mercedes doing for this sport that permits them to keep this advantage when it was deemed bad for the sport when Ferrari was doing it...

I guess the German + British viewership tandem outweighs the Italian/German viewership benefits... but that's too simplistic... I'd really like to know what's going on behind the scenes....
    Last edited by Tony; 18th July 2020 at 03:00.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Vettel: "I was hoping to take some championships away from Lewis so that Michael's record stands a bit longer."Ferrari has always been a dream of mine. I don't wanna say I was brainwashed, but obviously massively inspired by my childhood, by Michael in the red car. I think it is a fascinating brand.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 18th July 2020 at 04:44.

https://youtu.be/jWkZm7rkVB0

Lec pole lap 2019 vs Lec Austria Q lap 2020, difference is -0.9.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I guess they spent all the money of those fancy, useless masks...
    on that note, I found this little article quite interesting.

https://www.technocracy.news/masks-a...f-the-science/

It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Brought to you by the people who believe vaccines are evil.
    Great! New topic to spread "discussion" in Ferrari F1 forum

Track is dry currently....rain clouds looming overhead.

FP3 currently dry track.... might rain at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Great! New topic to spread "discussion" in Ferrari F1 forum
    Agreed. I will take it down. Enough idiocy to keep everyone happy. Cr*pping on everything else is OK, no?

Lot of blue smoke coming out from that mercs...!!

Mercedes cars burning oil every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    This sport is political, it always has been... what I want to know is what is Mercedes doing for this sport that permits them to keep this advantage when it was deemed bad for the sport when Ferrari was doing it...

I guess the German + British viewership tandem outweighs the Italian/German viewership benefits... but that's too simplistic... I'd really like to know what's going on behind the scenes....
    Like someone had said previously maybe they fund road safety initiatives or something and maybe Merc decided to do a tyre deal with Pirelli for their road cars and that's why they've always got preferential treatment from them in F1?

I also find it really weird that other teams are having to protest as much as they are e.g. hamilton wouldn't have got a grid place penalty in Austria without a protest. Same with this break duct thing the FIA should be doing these checks themselves.

Wow lot of blue smoke from Ham’s car too

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes cars burning oil every now and then.
    Yes it seems like that. It’s from both cars

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Wow lot of blue smoke from Ham’s car too
    Ssshhhhhhh nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

I would say follow the money but what’s to follow this year? Tempting to consider just a general castration of Ferrari to get rid of the guaranteed payments. Well then it’s THAT money, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Ssshhhhhhh nothing to see here.

As the Sky crew mighy say, “surely Mercedes won’t be daft enough to burn oil when that’s been declared illegal?”

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    As the Sky crew mighy say, “surely Mercedes won’t be daft enough to burn oil when that’s been declared illegal?”
    They can do what they like with impunity it seems.

Isn’t Horner or Marko finding any kind of juice smell now????

Leclerc vs Vettel (sectors)

Sector 1: Lec (28.152), Vet (28.278)

Sector 2: Lec (27.011), Vet (26.991)

Sector 3: Lec (21.667), Vet (21.949)

For a while, we looked like we could do something good here, but now its starts to fade.....!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    For a while, we looked like we could do something good here, but now its starts to fade.....!!!!!
    Don’t expect such things...!! Performance will be the same at every track. When car is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t expect such things...!! Performance will be the same at every track. When car is wrong.
    Sometimes when there is such difference in track characteristics, you have a small hope that you could see something better.
    But yeh it looks like we are bad everywhere!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Bottas didn’t lift at turn 11? That’s crazy

Russell is showing much powerful that Mercedes engine really is, and his talent as well.

Looking quite good today all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Bottas didn’t lift at turn 11? That’s crazy
    Merc is mighty