Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current state of F1 and opinions please

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    RedBull had the Renault engine so it was underpowered during those years...track dependent of course. Not to mention, Max's driving has matured as of late.
    Exactly. That's my point. Now his car is better. As good as he is he can't make his car better than it is. If it's a 3rd place car, he's not going to be WDC unless some strange stars align.As good as Leclerc is, he's not winning the WDC this year in the Ferrari. Max would not be fighting for wins in the Ferrari.

We Ferrari fans need to be patient as far as the car catching up to Honda & Merc engine wise. Ferrari is new @ F-1 so they need more time than the older teams. 2023 is just around the corner! That's what it sounds like here on our Forum! The podium race should be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Ya MAx is where he is because he has the 2nd best car. Where was he in 2017, 2018? when he had the 3rd best car?
    Max, Leclerc, Norris and Russel are the bright stars of the future. Put all of these guys in competitive cars and then we'd have a show.
    Max separated the two Merc. I thought Bottas had has, the 2nd best car?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max separated the two Merc. I thought Bottas had has, the 2nd best car?
    You could be a millionaire by now,if you just got a dollar every time you mentioned Max!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    You could be a millionaire by now,if you just got a dollar every time you mentioned Max!
    I just can't join the fans here and wait for 2022 to enjoy the F-1 races. Max is the guy who is now shaking things now up even without crashing! Unless you want to only see hear talk about Lewis, or Ferrari's lack of down force!

My team is Ferrari and always be! F1 changed for me when they got rid of the v8's and has really never been good. Keep this body and reintroduce the v8 and people will come back. Once they go to 4 cylinders i'm done.

Bad news for Checo Perez on his being tested positive for COVID, ergo not running at Silverstone. I hope it's just mild and that he recovers quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    It's an issue as long as Lewis Hamilton keeps making it an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Bad news for Checo Perez on his being tested positive for COVID, ergo not running at Silverstone. I hope it's just mild and that he recovers quickly!
    It's possible he has no symptoms at all. But he's still restricted to at least a 14 day quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    That's what drives me crazy. F1/FIA did everything they could to stop Ferrari's dominance yet it seems they do what they can to ensure Mercedes keeps its dominance. I still don't understand why the FIA make a rule to homologate the power units in 2014, a brand new setup and Mercedes have a solid 75 horsepower advantage and are protected by the governing body.
    These liberty media people are just fools. Dominations are boring and would cost F1 a whole lot of money because of the leaving fans. Bernie knew this and did his best to boost the entertainment part of F1, giving us some of the most entertaining seasons of all time from 2005-mid 2013 (with the exception of 2011 and first part of 2009). Sometimes I wonder if they forget that F1 is an entertainment sport.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Michael himself has said it that records are made to be broken. Hamilton can win a dozen titles if he wants but he can never claim to enjoy the process of a team rebuilding from being a midfielder to a dominator. He also can't claim to have taken clearly not the best cars to title contention to the very last race as Michael did in 1997, 1998 and 2006 (an achievement only Alonso and Prost can claim other than Michael). He just is lucky enough to get the best seat at the best time just like Vettel.

One more thing to note here is that unlike the Ferrari domination of the '00s or McLaren's domination of the late '80s or Williams domination of '90s, the Mercedes one is completely artificial. Mercedes lobbied to the FIA way back since 2011 to make sure they choose the V6H engines. In fact, they completely threw away their V8 engine development to work on the V6H engines. The one area where they were really weak was the tyre management which was taken care of by the Pirelli private tests. Unlike for Ferrari, the FIA even helped Mercedes dominate more with the 2019 regs. This is such a disgrace to the sport. Is it really any surprise that F1 is making more and more losses every year?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Every record Lewis breaks and makes will stand until broken . { By Max or Charles! } He's not to be held in contempt for Merc putting him in a great car. If Lewis was not winning in his rocket, then yes I could well understand him being put down as a not GOAT.

Every record Lewis breaks and makes will stand until broken . { By Max or Charles! } He's not to be held in contempt for Merc putting him in a great car. If Lewis was not winning in his rocket, then yes I could well understand him being put down as a not GOAT.
    A GOAT needs to have some sort of competition.
    Guess what, FIA has made certain that Lewis has next to null.
    So get over with your obession with Michael, Michael is the GOAT and Lewis is not.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

But is it really that simple? I mean do you consider Alonso to be a lesser driver than Hamilton? Do you think Nelson Piguet and Arton Senna are on the same ballpark because of their equal number of titles?

Now, I don't have anything against Hamilton. He had great cars and he delivered. But is he really the goat, based on his number of titles and wins? Statistically, Hamilton will be remembered as the most successful driver of all time, and equally Vettel will be remembered as a better driver than Alonso, but realistically, we all know that's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But is it really that simple? I mean do you consider Alonso to be a lesser driver than Hamilton? Do you think Nelson Piguet and Arton Senna are on the same ballpark because of their equal number of titles?

Now, I don't have anything against Hamilton. He had great cars and he delivered. But is he really the goat, based on his number of titles and wins? Statistically, Hamilton will be remembered as the most successful driver of all time, and equally Vettel will be remembered as a better driver than Alonso, but realistically, we all know that's not true.
    Titles will never justify the true picture.

Alonso will be remembered as best driver of all time with Schumi/Senna.

Hamilton will be never be in this league nor vettel.

Seb came to Ferrari just 3 WDCs shy of the record. He's leaving 3 shy. Ferrari for sure thought they had another 7x WDC and more WCCs on top. Lewis already reached F-1 GOAT with his driving accomplishments. Look where he put Merc as a winning team. I can only wish Charles doing it for Ferrari soon. Lewis proved for sure past titles never justify the true picture. He's not in the big league with the big names and he will pass every record. He has 3 more good years easy. 100, 100, 10 will be a shining light in his name, but someone else will come along. I only hope it's someone in a Ferrari!

This is why it is utterly ridiculous to compare era's in F1 regarding the cars and tires.

This picture I believe is to scale. The cars are a 1969 312 vs F2004 vs 2018 SF71H

https://twitter.com/karunchandhok/st...461761/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

[QUOTE=jgonzalesm6;1032908]This is why it is utterly ridiculous to compare era's in F1 regarding the cars and tires.

Cars, tires and add in drivers!! Today's drivers drive today's not yesterdays cars and tires. There is no comparison . Great before is not great now, and vise versa.

This is why it is utterly ridiculous to compare era's in F1 regarding the cars and tires.

This picture I believe is to scale. The cars are a 1969 312 vs F2004 vs 2018 SF71H

https://twitter.com/karunchandhok/st...461761/photo/1
    Modern F1 cars are just boats. No refuelling is killing racing in street circuits.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1033198]

Cars, tires and add in drivers!! Today's drivers drive today's not yesterdays cars and tires. There is no comparison . Great before is not great now, and vise versa.
    Current is artificial, past is natural. There is hell of a difference.

[QUOTE=nani_s23;1033205]

So Charles current success @ Ferrari is artificial because Seb didn't get a Michael I'm #1 contract to hold Charles back! Letting Bottas race against Lewis is far more natural and true as to who wins for Merc than the move over wins @ Ferrari in the past. Manuel shifting and having to gas up is not what makes a driver better. It's 2020!! F-E is alive and well !!

[QUOTE=nani_s23;1033205]

Well said...

[QUOTE=Brembo;1033206]
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

So Charles current success @ Ferrari is artificial because Seb didn't get a Michael I'm #1 contract to hold Charles back! Letting Bottas race against Lewis is far more natural and true as to who wins for Merc than the move over wins @ Ferrari in the past. Manuel shifting and having to gas up is not what makes a driver better. It's 2020!! F-E is alive and well !!
    I know where u are getting to. I don’t wanna start it again.
    DRS, open to engineers, driver aid, tyre life currently everything is artificial. This is irrespective of vettel’s titles or wtever.

No more Grid Girls caused most of F-1 s current lack of fan enthusiasm and I believe drivers also.

No more Grid Girls caused most of F-1 s current lack of fan enthusiasm and I believe drivers also.
    Haha but most of the """fans""" these days watch that crappy show on Netflix and try to shut people who complain about the current position of our sport by telling that the midfield battle is good. If only those people watched races from say, 2006 to mid 2013. The midfield battle was infinitely better and the battle at the front was even better.

Watching the mid field battles between the not yet famous drivers is in fact a great way for F-1 fans to truly know; who driver wise and what; team wise is out there for the future. Saintz, Perez, Stroll are just a few names to watch doing what they can with what they have and getting mid field experience big time. Seb could have used that experience now. But 4 WDCs is for sure a comfort to him and his fans from R Bull.

Watching the mid field battles between the not yet famous drivers is in fact a great way for F-1 fans to truly know; who driver wise and what; team wise is out there for the future. Saintz, Perez, Stroll are just a few names to watch doing what they can with what they have and getting mid field experience big time. Seb could have used that experience now. But 4 WDCs is for sure a comfort to him and his fans from R Bull.
    It is a good thing for sure but you know the quality in racing has gone down a bit when that is the only thing to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    It is a good thing for sure but you know the quality in racing has gone down a bit when that is the only thing to look forward to.
    I'm sure all Merc and Lewis' fans are happy with F-1 races. And we F-1 fans almost lost a season to watch. I for one am grateful . 26 seconds behind the last place car and winds up finishing 7th with a fastest lap point added in! And the top 3 drivers had a ball up on the podium.

I think Kimi has the best point about current state in F1