Thread: Accusations of Ferrari removing Vettels name from team clothing and bullying him

Exclamation Accusations of Ferrari removing Vettels name from team clothing and bullying him

So I am sure most of you are aware of this bullcrap going around.

Conversation caught in the paddock:

Christian Horner: Did they even take your name off now (off the jacket)? (laughs)
    Seb: Yeah
    Christian Horner: That's a bit harsh!Are you alright?
    Seb: Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpcM9z1_Fw

My analyze of this is that Horner and Vettel know each other very well and have a certain banter between them. And Vettel was wearing his rain jacket which has a removable nameplate. Its not uncommon to see drivers without the nameplate occasionly. And considering Vettels current situation Horner made a joke when he observed that Sebs nameplate was missing.

And now we have the majority of people on youtube, instagram, twitter and facebook basicly slagging Ferrari off for being complete dirtbags and bullying Vettel to make his life miserable etc. Saying this is the ultimate proof that were Ferrari is trash etc.

Usually I dont care too much, but I think these accusations of systematic bullying of Vettel is taking things too far.

Its gotten to the point where I think Vettel should come out and deny the story. This is something that we are going to hear about for 50 years if its not nipped in the bud.
    -
    How can people believe this? Why would Ferrari do this? It makes absolutely no sense as Ferrari would not get anything out of it, only possible making Vettel driver worse and risk of the team getting slammed for it.

On top of that Sebs jackets and clothing are his own possession so Ferrari would have to steal all the nameplates from all of his clothing to prevent him from wearing his name on the jacket. Absolutely ridicoulus.

I guess critical thinking is dead these days.
    ---
    https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc/sta...rari-jacket%2F

Did Ferrari remove Vettel’s name from his jacket?

Just in case Sebastian Vettel wasn’t really sure that he was not wanted at Ferrari, it appears they have removed his name from his Scuderia jacket.

Vettel and Ferrari are going their separate ways at the end of the 2020 season and, whilst it was initially understood that the decision was a mutual one between both parties, the four-time World Champion revealed ahead of the season opener in Austria that it was very much Ferrari’s choice.

“It was obviously a surprise to me when I got the call from Mattia [Binotto] when he told me that there was no further intention for the team to continue [with me],” Vettel said.

“We never got into any discussions, there was never an offer on the table and therefore there was no sticking point.”

Amongst all the criticism coming Ferrari’s way after an uncompetitive start to the 2020 season, team principal Binotto using the global health pandemic as a reason to change their mind on Vettel did not go down particularly well, even with Vettel himself.

“The conditions with coronavirus are not so decisive there,” he said in an interview with ServusTV.

“There were also partial reports that we could not agree on the financial. That was not an issue at all and wouldn’t have been.

“I still thought it would have been an option to continue with Ferrari. It was communicated like that.

“I was told they wanted to continue together.

“Then out of nowhere, I got a phone call, in which I was told that there won’t be any offer and no future together.”

Ferrari’s questionable treatment of Vettel appears to have continued in Hungary after French broadcaster Canal+ captured an encounter between him and his former Red Bull colleagues Christian Horner and Dr Helmut Marko.

In one of their many paddock chats, Horner noticed that Vettel’s name had been removed from his Ferrari jacket, something which Vettel confirmed according to the captions.

Horner then commented that it was harsh before asking if his ex-driver was ok.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebast...errari-jacket/
    Last edited by Lesky; 20th July 2020 at 14:24.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

All is ended. So I think there’s nothing to discuss further.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    All is ended. So I think there’s nothing to discuss further.
    What is ended?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    What is ended?
    His contract is ended with 2020 right

I'm sure as long as Ferrari doesn't cut Seb's pay all will be OK . He will I believe drive his best up and including his final race with Ferrari. When Ferrari get's it right regardless of Binotto's shortcomings, I'm sure Charles will move Luis aside as far a who's the main man in F-1. Max crashed his way up to where he is as a top driver, I just hope Charles doesn't think that's what he needs to do .

And there's Leclerc. Guess what? His jacket hasn't got his name either! It's the official jacket from Ferrari's F1 store. Stop giving clicks to these clickbait titles, please..

5bd2011d645eb2de5656213ea9fb423b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    And there's Leclerc. Guess what? His jacket hasn't got his name either! It's the official jacket from Ferrari's F1 store. Stop giving clicks to these clickbait titles, please..

5bd2011d645eb2de5656213ea9fb423b.jpg
    That jacket is from what 2 years ago? The drivers dont wear replica clothing from Ferraris official F1 store either btw. They have different clothing that is not for sale.

It's not like Ferrari handled moving on from Seb very gracefully. Contradicting statements from the team and Seb weren't a great start this year. I think the vitriol comes more from Seb's tone in that video where Horner, who again, has known Seb basically his entire late teen/adult life, sounded concerned genuinely about how Seb is doing.

The internet says mean things about everyone. Ferrari, the giant mega corporation, will be fine. You don't need to feel bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    That jacket is from what 2 years ago? The drivers dont wear replica clothing from Ferraris official F1 store either btw. They have different clothing that is not for sale.
    2 years ago Leclerc wasnt in Ferrari.. They're generic jackets from the official F1 store, replica or not they look the same.

There you go,

https://i.redd.it/ncngk5bqqyd51.jpg
    https://store.ferrari.com/en-gr/rain...cket_APPAREL_M

Now it's Leclerc with no name tag on his jacket.....Silverstone 2020

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eeab80VX...jpg&name=large
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Now it's Leclerc with no name tag on his jacket.....Silverstone 2020

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eeab80VX...jpg&name=large
    Thank you. Thats exactly what I have been saying. Thats the nail in the coffin for this fake story!