Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rory Byrne is back?

Well if Byrne did design the 2017 car, then he was pretty good at interpreting new rules and getting the most out of them as the SF70H was arguably the best chassis on the grid. If he can do the same with the new rule changes and come up with a car that pushes the boundaries and gives us an advantage, I say go for it. A good aero guy is a good aero guy and can probably give the young guys some pointers.

Engineers as brilliant as Rory Byrne have a talent that allows them to grasp things very quickly... he'll be fine... the wind tunnel thing is a bit worrisome... it seems it's been at least 10 years we've been hearing about these problems....

I don't think Ferrari is developing the equipment in-house? Don't teams usually outsource the equipment procurement? Why can't Ferrari find the best wind tunnel designers in the world and pay them a kinds ransom before the budget cap comes in?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Engineers as brilliant as Rory Byrne have a talent that allows them to grasp things very quickly... he'll be fine... the wind tunnel thing is a bit worrisome... it seems it's been at least 10 years we've been hearing about these problems....

I don't think Ferrari is developing the equipment in-house? Don't teams usually outsource the equipment procurement? Why can't Ferrari find the best wind tunnel designers in the world and pay them a kinds ransom before the budget cap comes in?
    Supposedly we have upgraded our wind tunnel a couple of year ago ,for these exact reasons!!!!!!!!
    Is the hardware responsible or the people usimg it ???!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Supposedly we have upgraded our wind tunnel a couple of year ago ,for these exact reasons!!!!!!!!
    Is the hardware responsible or the people usimg it ???!!!!
    Well that's a good point... but if it's hardware related, that would be a bitter pill to swallow....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Whoever has the best ground effect going into 2022 is going to dominate this next period of F1. Byrne was around last time ground effects were the major design driver in F1. I’d want both someone who understood it well and a young lion with fresh ideas.

Maybe they should go and get Aldo Costa back (from Dallara I think?) and make him technical director. He was an integral part of the Merc success since 2014.

There are also rumours about Andy Cowell joining the PU department. If that happens, we would definitely win in 2022. Bryne's aero, Cowell's engine and Leclerc's driving could kill the competition.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    There are also rumours about Andy Cowell joining the PU department. If that happens, we would definitely win in 2022. Bryne's aero, Cowell's engine and Leclerc's driving could kill the competition.
    I believe Andy declined Ferrari offer

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I believe Andy declined Ferrari offer
    He refused the first offer. Ferrari reportedly made a second offer with significantly more money involved. He is yet to answer that.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

So a south African and an English man at the top of ferrari production now thats something special. Very special indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    So a south African and an English man at the top of ferrari production now thats something special. Very special indeed.
    I would like to know what you think about Michael's time at Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Do you agree that we need the best people for the job ?
    Byrne is an integral part of Ferrari and member of the dream team.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve