Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GT World Challenge Europe

The conditions are obviously going to be completely different in the race compared to qualifying, how's the team feeling about race pace?

Have you been enjoying Le Tour? I've found it intriguing apart from Thursday which was a total bore. Disappointed to see Julian Alaphilippe fade away today he's nearly 12 minutes down
    Nairo is having a quiet race but it's all pretty close in GC. I'm enjoying watching Jumbo Visma do what Ineos and Team Sky did before them in heading the field, it seems to be done in an honest way if you get my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    The conditions are obviously going to be completely different in the race compared to qualifying, how's the team feeling about race pace?

Have you been enjoying Le Tour? I've found it intriguing apart from Thursday which was a total bore. Disappointed to see Julian Alaphilippe fade away today he's nearly 12 minutes down
    Nairo is having a quiet race but it's all pretty close in GC. I'm enjoying watching Jumbo Visma do what Ineos and Team Sky did before them in heading the field, it seems to be done in an honest way if you get my meaning.
    Been bit of a, bore. Think all riders saving foe next 2 weeks. As alot of mountain stages. Sagan, doesnt look, polished and we seen. But. Same with all riders. Been odd year for races. Training.

I like mountains, hills. When im 100%fit i love hills. Climbing.

For tomorrow. Spoke to nicklas, he happy with the car, said got good pace for tomorrow.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Legend mate
    I know what you mean, I actually think my favourite part of each day is listening to Jonathan Harris-Bass such a knowledgeable guy.
    Segan doesn't look like he can put the power down when he wants, I think there's alot of riders now looking at the Giro or Vuelta as better options this weird year.

Not a massive fan of hills myself being near the fens don't mind the short punchy climbs though TBF, if I go out towards Stamford way there's a few!

Great to hear the drivers and team are happy! I can't wait

Terrible start! #51 is out of the race at the first corner There wasn't much Jame Calado could do really.

Molina's #72 also had it's race ruined in that first corner incident taking damage, now running down in 14th.

The commentators have barely said a word about the #51 Ferrari being out of the race.

Really impressed with the driving of the Silver Cup #78 Lamborghini it's not it's fight but racing well against the cars fighting for overall win.

Miguel Molina up to 9th in the #72 Ferrari.

Not getting much TV coverage of the best running #72 SMP Racing Ferrari but it's still running around in 9th 10 seconds behind the Audi in 8th.

Terrible start! #51 is out of the race at the first corner There wasn't much Jame Calado could do really.
    Just got home out walking mum n dads dogs.

What happened?

Hope this isn't an omen for Monza later. It's getting so painful to be a Ferrari supporter these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Just got home out walking mum n dads dogs.

What happened?
    Hard to explain, it involved Albert Costa driving too hot into the first corner whacking into the the side and back of #51 and taking one of the GPX Porsche out as well. then #72 hit #51 on the way round the corner for good measure.

Hard to explain, it involved Albert Costa driving too hot into the first corner whacking into the the side and back of #51 and taking one of the GPX Porsche out as well. then #72 hit #51 on the way round the corner for good measure.

They interviewed Costa on the grid right before the start saying how he's got to respect his rivals and that it's a long race! but even on the formation lap he was driving a bit erratically!

Sergey Sirotkin quietly getting on with it with just under 2 hours 20 minutes to go, he's got the #72 up to 8th.

Oh make that 7th after Patrik Pilet goes rallying.

Davide Rigon has taken over #72, it's a car practically glued to 9th place.

All going wrong for Davide Rigon in #72 now Hasse in the Audi gives the Ferrari a puncture

What a crap day!

Commentators blame Rigon of course

Really a day to forget! Hope you're/you've been able to see a replay of the start it set the tone for the race then the touring car action at the end was the icing on the cake.

I've got the video starting just as they're about to go green. As you can see the Porsche went off in a separate accident which was caused by Albert Costa.

It does look like James may have locked up a bit before the #66 Audi turned into to him.

I don't want to labour the point, but you would hardly know there were Ferraris in the race going by the broadcast team/commentators, barely got a mention when talking about the first corner crash, they were more concerned that the Porsche's race had ruined. The other Ferraris weren't talked about for the rest of the 6 hours apart from the the puncture inflicted on Davide Rigon by an Audi which they solely blamed on Davide. Just get the impression the pairing don't care for Ferrari much!
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 6th September 2020 at 21:18.

Seems like Ferrari is becoming a dirty word in motorsport commentators' eyes, I feel that our teams have been cursed in every series this year. We have some of the best drivers but they are unable to deliver the results through no fault of their own.

Hello!

The 24 hours of Spa is on now, I'm watching here: https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/watch-live but it's also on Sky Sports F1 again.

#51 AF Corse is doing the best in can up in fourth for the time being. BoP has hurt Ferrari in all endurance series this year we can't get anywhere near merc (surprise ) or Lambo. We're able to match the Porsche here though.

#51 is in the lead of the race with *only* 12 hours, 30 minutes left in the race!!

Great racing on the track, but it seems they've allowed the commentary team so get drunk whilst commentating this year! It's just like Terry Wogan and the Eurovision song contest! (apologies to those that don't get the reference!)

Big shame for 52 going off and hitting barriers.

But, so far so good. 51 and 72 up in the fight. Still looooong way to go.

How can people say f1 is better. Is beyond me. This is pure all out proper racing. Yes, bit bop. But, if produce tbis racing who cares

Big shame for 52 going off and hitting barriers.

But, so far so good. 51 and 72 up in the fight. Still looooong way to go.

How can people say f1 is better. Is beyond me. This is pure all out proper racing. Yes, bit bop. But, if produce tbis racing who cares
    Proper old-fashioned racing for sure, Rob, but unless you're there and able to soak up the atmosphere, it's quite hard to watch consistently over 24hrs! BoP is rubbish but good to see the Ferraris performing competitively. I find that currently F1 races are too long with Hamilton nearly always in the lead or heading for yet another record, things need to change and soon!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Proper old-fashioned racing for sure, Rob, but unless you're there and able to soak up the atmosphere, it's quite hard to watch consistently over 24hrs! BoP is rubbish but good to see the Ferraris performing competitively. I find that currently F1 races are too long with Hamilton nearly always in the lead or heading for yet another record, things need to change and soon!
    I have had it on 24hrs. Been doing few other bits, but if leave house will put on youtube and listen on headphones.

I have had it on 24hrs. Been doing few other bits, but if leave house will put on youtube and listen on headphones.
    Same here, had to pop out yesterday afternoon to do a bit of shopping but I still had it on my phone to watch.

Really unlucky in the end for Ferrari but a much better result than what we've had of late

Only just missed a podium for Car #51, last time I checked in it was lying 3rd so sad to see it lost out in the final hours despite still being so close after 24hrs.

Great showing by #51 at the mo, currently running in 3rd and Pier Guidi is yet to drive.

Yes Ferrari! #51 in the lead!

opppps no 2nd, still great though!

Pier is flying now