Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GT World Challenge Europe

GT World Challenge Europe

For those of you that wish to watch some great motor racing for a change there is more GT racing back this weekend in the form of the GT World Challenge Europe at Imola which you can watch here:

https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/watch-live

There is a quintet of Ferraris to follow out of a field of 45.

Apologies to Rob if he wants this combined in another thread

26 cars qualify within a second of each other, but the best news is the #51 Ferrari of AF Corse gets 2nd on the grid for tomorrows race. Great driving by Calado, Nielsen and Guidi

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    26 cars qualify within a second of each other, but the best news is the #51 Ferrari of AF Corse gets 2nd on the grid for tomorrows race. Great driving by Calado, Nielsen and Guidi
    Shame the same can't be said of the F1 team, maybe AF Corse should run that too! Grazie 458 Italia.

I don't think Antonello Coletta or Amato Ferrari are going anywhere! I don't think they'd want to either!

The race starts in 25 minutes and it is on the link I posted above and also the Sky F1 channel, it promises to be a cracking 3 hour race!

Oh and I have to say the BoP seems to be spot on.
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 26th July 2020 at 11:18.

I don't think Antonello Coletta or Amato Ferrari are going anywhere! I don't think they'd want to either!

The race starts in 25 minutes and it is on the link I posted above and also the Sky F1 channel, it promises to be a cracking 3 hour race!

Oh and I have to say the BoP seems to be spot on.
    Surprised to see sky f1 showing it.

Always cracking racing, think there is no bop at moment due to first race. I think.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Surprised to see sky f1 showing it.

Always cracking racing, think there is no bop at moment due to first race. I think.
    I was to be honest, still I'm not complaining!

I wasn't to sure about BoP but they all seem to be pretty evenly matched for the first race which is great to see.

James appears to be struggling with getting the tyres up to temperature so is having to defend a lot I hope the team can remedy that during the pit stop.

SMP running well in 8th and nice to see the Sky Ferrari leading PRO-AM

I was to be honest, still I'm not complaining!

I wasn't to sure about BoP but they all seem to be pretty evenly matched for the first race which is great to see.

James appears to be struggling with getting the tyres up to temperature so is having to defend a lot I hope the team can remedy that during the pit stop.

SMP running well in 8th and nice to see the Sky Ferrari leading PRO-AM
    So far so good. Touch wood

Love Imola. F1 related now, wonder how many times they will mention senna and his accident there, and can see the special programme on it. Be hill or Herbert with malcom H

Do you have assetto corsa competizione?

So far so good. Touch wood

Love Imola. F1 related now, wonder how many times they will mention senna and his accident there, and can see the special programme on it. Be hill or Herbert with malcom H
    Love Imola too!

Speaking of F1 I predict they will be complaining about the size of the curbs! How's this for a suggestion: what about trying to driving around them

Do you have assetto corsa competizione?
    I don't actually, but I have been playing GTR2 with all the patches and mods for it. For as game as old as it is it really holds up well.

Love Imola too!

Speaking of F1 I predict they will be complaining about the size of the curbs! How's this for a suggestion: what about trying to driving around them
    True, hear it now lazenby and co oh curbs to high they damaging the cars cannt race like this.

So glad i hardly follow f1 now. Seems like seb and crew on 51 done a great stop.

Nicklas in now.

I don't actually, but I have been playing GTR2 with all the patches and mods for it. For as game as old as it is it really holds up well.
    Its really good, its based on this series.

True, hear it now lazenby and co oh curbs to high they damaging the cars cannt race like this.

So glad i hardly follow f1 now. Seems like seb and crew on 51 done a great stop.

Nicklas in now.
    It's a proper old school track where you get punished for taking liberties, go to wide you find the gravel, take to much curb you pay for it.

The team were really switched on for that pit stop

I have to say I wasn't too sure about the livery but it's really grown on me.

Oh bugger drive through penalty for Nicklas speeding under FCY

Damn it. Drive through penalty 51

That's painful, #51 rejoins in 20th after the drive through.

Sergey Sirotkin still driving well in the #72 Ferrari in 2nd place.

Come on safety car

I can't see damage on the #51 but I think Guidi tangled with the #159 Bentley

Difficult day in the end for the top Ferrari entries, with such a close field it was always going to be tough and it was a mistake from James Calado (at least I think it was) which cost AF Corse a higher placed finish in the end. I hope Rob can give us the lowdown on the team's perspective on that.

All that said though there was some really good wheel to wheel racing and I have a feeling that Belgian Audi Club Team will be pegged back next time out at Misano.

Live action from Nürburgring today and tomorrow which can be watched here!:

https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/watch-live

Rob I'm eagerly awaiting the pics

Saturday is sorted

IMG_20200905_135416.jpg

The Nürburgring will host the second round of the Endurance Cup of the GT World Challenge Europe this weekend. Five Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020s will be involved in the six-hour race. After the season debut at Imola where the Ferraris did less well than they deserved, with only the Sky Tempesta Racing car mounting the podium in the Pro-Am class, Prancing Horse teams will fight it out with forty-three other crews entered in the event.

Pro. After showing promise at the Enzo and Dino Ferrari Circuit, Alessandro Pier Guidi, James Calado and Nicklas Nielsen will launch an assault on the podium, trying to pressurise the German cars, which start as favourite. The 488 GT3 Evo 2020 no. 51 of AF Corse will be joined by SMP Racing no. 72, again crewed by Davide Rigon, Miguel Molina and Sergey Sirotkin. At Imola, the trio were penalised with a drive-through when the podium was within his reach.

Pro-Am. There are three Ferraris in the Pro-Am class. Sky Tempesta Racing’s 488 GT3 Evo 2020, driven by Chris Froggatt, Edward Cheever and Jonathan Hui, who finished second in Italy, will be joined by Andrea Bertolini, Louis Machiels and Niek Hommerson at the wheel of AF Corse no. 52. In the Sprint Cup at Misano, the two Ferraris dominated the class, winning all three races. Rinaldi Racing will only take part in the Endurance Cup in Germany with Pierre Ehret, Rino Mastronardi and Daniel Keilwitz taking turns in the 488 that claimed fourth place at Imola.

Track. The Nürburgring’s 5.1km Grand Prix configuration offers drivers various combinations of corners, all very technical, where handling and acceleration can make all the difference. However, power is needed to exploit the two straights to take advantage of the few passing opportunities offered by the track. Temperatures will be cooler than at Imola and showers are possible on a track where the weather tends to be variable. For the first time this season, the public will also have the chance to see the SRO series drivers on the track.

Programme. After the private tests and the sessions for Bronze drivers on Thursday and Friday, free practice will be on Saturday morning, followed at 7:10 pm by the three qualifying sessions that will decide the starting grid. On Sunday, the six-hour race will start at 11:45 am.

Thanks Rob, looking good!

#51 did plenty of laps in PQ and looks pretty handy in the hands of all 3 drivers. Really looking forward to qualifying.

Alessandro P G really struggled there in Q1 only managing 16th fastest in AF Corse #51.

Davide Rigon managed the best time of the Ferrari's but that was only 11th.

Hoping the other drivers can manage to put on quicker times.

Q2: Nicklas Nielsen improves #51 average time to 11th overall.

Sergey Sirotkin moves the best placed #72 Ferrari up to 10th.

Q3: Great lap by James Calardo He gets the overall lap time of #51 up to 5th position for tomorrows race with #72 starting right behind in 6th.

Red flag bring a premature end to the session due to a nasty crash by on of the Porsches.

Q3: Great lap by James Calardo He gets the overall lap time of #51 up to 5th position for tomorrows race with #72 starting right behind in 6th.

Red flag bring a premature end to the session due to a nasty crash by on of the Porsches.
    Not bad after this morning. Great laps.

Team as ever on point in pits.