Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has Mercedes been cheating? Possible corrupt FIA?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    And some forum members still believe Mercs power with the FIA is just a conspiracy theory. Merc owns the sport.
    Yup.... now that McLaren/Williams drops appeal against RP shows Mercs power. As merc will
    be supplying engines to these teams.

Meanwhile theory aside , Honda won last race. Max to the maximum! The future GOATs biggest non WDC competition. The 155 podium record was tied but that #91 is still not any closer.

As I have said before give Charles a winning car and he will do the rest.He is a cut above the rest brilliant to watch him drive the wheels of the current Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max dosen't realize that! And Max inspires Charles! I hope for the best.
    Unbelievable. You even turned a Mercedes corruption post into one about Max. I think you have an obsession. Maybe start following RedBull, because Max will never be a Ferrari driver.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Meanwhile theory aside , Honda won last race. Max to the maximum! The future GOATs biggest non WDC competition. The 155 podium record was tied but that #91 is still not any closer.
    Another one.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Unbelievable. You even turned a Mercedes corruption post into one about Max. I think you have an obsession. Maybe start following RedBull, because Max will never be a Ferrari driver.
    Every post of his turns into Max .....off late I’m seeing max inspired Leclerc funny post.
    Max inspired entire field or Even FIA

This weekend may be the last where qualifying engine modes are allowed. Original plan was to ban in 2021 but may now be from the Belgium Grand Prix the race after Spain. This is Ferrari pushing behind the scenes, cannot update the engine in any way so drag the others back towards you somewhat. Great if this happens.

So we are back to FIA being "Ferrari's International Assistant" or is it still MAFIA?

Nonetheless, the Q3 engine mode ban will benefit us the most.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So we are back to FIA being "Ferrari's International Assistant" or is it still MAFIA?

And as I’ve read this morning, Todt wants to introduce this as soon as Belgian GP this year....that would be amazing

So I guess yiure right we’re back to the Ferrari International Assistance..... and NOT MIfIA anymore......lol

The letter has been sent to teams as reported on another F1 site. Qualy modes banned from Belgium. As Ferrari engine is mainly down in qualifying, if they were bypassing fuel flow regs could have only done that in qualifying or select laps in a race, now nobody can do it I will he intrigued to see if this closes things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    The letter has been sent to teams as reported on another F1 site. Qualy modes banned from Belgium. As Ferrari engine is mainly down in qualifying, if they were bypassing fuel flow regs could have only done that in qualifying or select laps in a race, now nobody can do it I will he intrigued to see if this closes things up a bit.
    We as fans can only hope....personally I don’t think we’ll have a shot at the championship this year NOT by a long shot, but it may bring Max into play....and if we’re not capable of winning this year then I would very much so want Max to win it....as much as I dislike him as a driver and his personality

Keep in mind that this season is pretty short and we have like how many races in total, 14 or 16.....

#F1: Kimi Räikkönen on possible ban of quali modes. "We don't have it. So it won't affect us." Read all backgrounds in our #AMuS story. Plus more changes to aerodynamics in 2021 in order to reduce downforce and avoid that Pirelli has to bring new tires.

It will benefit RB hugely. I think they are making Ham vs Max battle this season.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    We as fans can only hope....personally I don’t think we’ll have a shot at the championship this year NOT by a long shot, but it may bring Max into play....and if we’re not capable of winning this year then I would very much so want Max to win it....as much as I dislike him as a driver and his personality

Keep in mind that this season is pretty short and we have like how many races in total, 14 or 16.....
    Oh yes no chance for title this year or probably next. This is however the 1st time their seems to be a political battle against Merc. This is the kind of stuff they did pre 2014 to set the foundations of current dominance. It will take a number of background changes to chip away at them and all in time for 2022. This is a big win however as it is a bit like an engine upgrade for Ferrari without having to update the engine. Should help close the gap somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    #F1: Kimi Räikkönen on possible ban of quali modes. "We don't have it. So it won't affect us." Read all backgrounds in our #AMuS story. Plus more changes to aerodynamics in 2021 in order to reduce downforce and avoid that Pirelli has to bring new tires.

It will benefit RB hugely. I think they are making Ham vs Max battle this season.
    It will only benefit those with least peak horsepower. Q3 mode = highest peak power possible, and Merc, Honda and Renault all are ahead of Ferrari PU in terms of absolute peak power this year.

It will certainly hit Mercedes, Red Bull, TP, Renault and Williams hard. It will benefit us, Mclaren, Alfa Romeo, White Toro Rosso and Haas.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 13th August 2020 at 14:30.

Also it just isn't the Q3 mode, they are also banning different engine modes that teams are using during races. So no more strap 1 or 2 whatever they call it.

This rule is pretty much PU pare ferme. So Mercedes have to qualify both it's cars with the same engine mode that it will use during the race.

It will only benefit those with least peak horsepower. Q3 mode = highest peak power possible, and Merc, Honda and Renault all are ahead of Ferrari PU in terms of absolute peak power this year.

It will certainly hit Mercedes, Red Bull, TP, Renault and Williams hard. It will benefit us, Mclaren, Alfa Romeo, White Toro Rosso and Haas.
    who's TP

Also it just isn't the Q3 mode, they are also banning different engine modes that teams are using during races. So no more strap 1 or 2 whatever they call it.

This rule is pretty much PU pare ferme. So Mercedes have to qualify both it's cars with the same engine mode that it will use during the race.
    what about PUSH TO PASS???????????

who's TP
    Tracing point

But somehow I feel it’s still isn’t enough at least for us.
    Mercs will have a fight with RB, I’m happy if I’m wrong.

Because I want to see Max vs Lec & show who’s the boss for few

Banning qualifying mode makes absolutely no sense. If a team is legally making 1000 horsepower when turned to the max, how can they be stopped from that? "Hey Mercedes, stop making the most power". Mercedes have said their party mode is when they open the waste gates and let the turbo put direct power to the MGU H without harvesting. It just drains the battery to the max without any harvesting.

For the FIA to ban this, it would surely effect every team. Or the question would be why are no other engine manufacturers doing something similar? The only way I can see this hindering Mercedes only, is if they have been using more than the allowed Megajoules per lap or their Electrical power is more than the 161 horsepower that is allowed, or they are using more fuel than is allowed when the turbo is at max boost.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Banning qualifying mode makes absolutely no sense. If a team is legally making 1000 horsepower when turned to the max, how can they be stopped from that? "Hey Mercedes, stop making the most power". Mercedes have said their party mode is when they open the waste gates and let the turbo put direct power to the MGU H without harvesting. It just drains the battery to the max without any harvesting.

For the FIA to ban this, it would surely effect every team. Or the question would be why are no other engine manufacturers doing something similar? The only way I can see this hindering Mercedes only, is if they have been using more than the allowed Megajoules per lap or their Electrical power is more than the 161 horsepower that is allowed, or they are using more fuel than is allowed when the turbo is at max boost.

Banning the "party mode" only affects Mercedes.

Why is the FIA banning the "party mode?" ummm, probably because the "sharing of info" between Mercedes and Racing Point.

The FIA is punishing Mercedes to have only 1 "party mode" from SPA onwards.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Charles and Seb say Ferrari doesn’t have a quali mode this year so the ban won’t affect us. Imagine what a huge setback we suffered due to the new directives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Charles and Seb say Ferrari doesn’t have a quali mode this year so the ban won’t affect us. Imagine what a huge setback we suffered due to the new directives.

That’s cause OUR party mode consisted in tricking the fuel flow sensor, hence using more fuel in Quali especially Q3..... up since we got caught we have NO more part mode.....just regular mode

That’s cause OUR party mode consisted in tricking the fuel flow sensor, hence using more fuel in Quali especially Q3..... up since we got caught we have NO more part mode.....just regular mode
    You mean we only have slow mode now [emoji16]

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    You mean we only have slow mode now [emoji16]

that's right.....a.k.a donkey mode

And as I’ve read this morning, Todt wants to introduce this as soon as Belgian GP this year....that would be amazing

So I guess yiure right we’re back to the Ferrari International Assistance..... and NOT MIfIA anymore......lol
    Maybe the powers that be finally woke up and realized the damage that Merc/Hamilton dominance is doing to the sport. Like when they slowed us and Michael down years ago, it’s time to slow down Merc and Hamilton. Tyres that Merc burns through, no quali-mode, they are really pushing for a Verstappen-Hamilton battle this year. Good for them if this helps the show and stops Merc. Here’s hoping.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Banning the "party mode" only affects Mercedes.

Why is the FIA banning the "party mode?" ummm, probably because the "sharing of info" between Mercedes and Racing Point.

The FIA is punishing Mercedes to have only 1 "party mode" from SPA onwards.
    That's kind of my point. IF it only affects Mercedes, then it would suggest their party mode was doing something outside the regulations. Otherwise how can they tell Mercedes to just stop making the most horsepower?

The alternative is Ferrari's "party mode" is being used in Q1, and Honda, and RBR's are used in Q2, and Mercedes uses max power only in Q3. Ferrari's 2019 party mode had a lot do with using more fuel than allowed, and that has been squashed for 2020.

But that's not entirely true though is it. We had the best party mode in 2018 as well, even before the spec 2 upgrade that was introduced in Canada. Ferrari was 1-2 in Bahrain, 1-2 in China and 1-7 in Baku (should have been another easy 1-2, until Raikkonen blew it up at the final sector). It's just 2019 party mode was more extreme, that's all.

This is a huge beneficial move for Ferrari powered cars.

Might be the first indication of the FIA using their ferrari collaboration to close loop holes. Maybe Merc has a clever way of getting its party mode that might be a grey area and this effectively shut it down.

Or it could just be about marketing and closing up the field.

What's wrong with 2 chains Hamilton does not like the idea of banning the party mode.Great idea level out the playing field and watch him crumble. 2 CHAINS Hamilton will actually have to race and they will be gunning for him.No more buffer to protect him and the butler.Pressure will mount and the beginning to the end of his career will be apparent.