Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 199

Thread: Has Mercedes been cheating? Possible corrupt FIA?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,364
    NO COMPETATIVE FERRARI NO FORMULA1 The drop off rate on TV is massive liberty media are spooked they have turned to the fia for assistance behind the scenes.Binotto is punching know and has landed some good head shots to wolfs head .Binotto is starting to rock the f1 world.There is lots going on behind the scenes can't wait as it all materialises.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,544
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    ...... Otherwise how can they tell Mercedes to just stop making the most horsepower? ....

    .
    Because THEY are the FIA. They are telling Mercedes to have just 1 mode instead of several.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We had the best party mode in 2018
    and now we have hangover mode

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    NO COMPETATIVE FERRARI NO FORMULA1 The drop off rate on TV is massive liberty media are spooked they have turned to the fia for assistance behind the scenes.Binotto is punching know and has landed some good head shots to wolfs head .Binotto is starting to rock the f1 world.There is lots going on behind the scenes can't wait as it all materialises.
    I hope you are right and Ferrari are now fighting back.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    What's wrong with 2 chains Hamilton does not like the idea of banning the party mode.Great idea level out the playing field and watch him crumble. 2 CHAINS Hamilton will actually have to race and they will be gunning for him.No more buffer to protect him and the butler.Pressure will mount and the beginning to the end of his career will be apparent.
    Would be hilarious if Hamilton somehow loses to Verstappen this year.

    Who knows, perhaps the Merc will have more tyre problems?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,601
    Maybe put some pressure on Hamilton and see if he really is as good as he thinks. If this brings the Mercs back into the field, might be a really good season, and I'll join Brembo and include Max in all my posts and cheer him on.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,364
    I think that the fia are slapping Mercedes for the brake duct fiasco let's call it another secret settlement.Loose the party mode boost and keep your points.The wolf is loosing his grip if you lay down with dogs you catch flees.He has to choose his buddies better including lance stroll.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,364
    The quicker f1 removes all of the coney island gimmicks on a formula 1 car party mode crap that 2 chains baptised it and returns to a natural setting the better the sport will become.2 chains will really have to work hard now.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The quicker f1 removes all of the coney island gimmicks on a formula 1 car party mode crap that 2 chains baptised it and returns to a natural setting the better the sport will become.2 chains will really have to work hard now.
    Hamilton: ‘They’re always trying to slow us down’

    https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...s-slowed-down/

    What a looser...actually Hamilton, they have constantly slowed everyone else down, giving Merc loopholes and spec tyres, and everyone else penalties to ensure that you win. Let’s see how you do when Verstappen and Leclerc are breathing down your neck. These boys aren’t butlers like Bottas who yield to you to make you feel special. Everytime you have had an inch of competition you get on the radio and whine...your day is coming.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  10. #160
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Hamilton: ‘They’re always trying to slow us down’

    https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...s-slowed-down/

    What a looser...actually Hamilton, they have constantly slowed everyone else down, giving Merc loopholes and spec tyres, and everyone else penalties to ensure that you win. Let’s see how you do when Verstappen and Leclerc are breathing down your neck. These boys aren’t butlers like Bottas who yield to you to make you feel special. Everytime you have had an inch of competition you get on the radio and whine...your day is coming.
    about freaking time there is some justice....2 chains is starting to crap his pants....and me likey

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    I think that the fia are slapping Mercedes for the brake duct fiasco let's call it another secret settlement.Loose the party mode boost and keep your points.The wolf is loosing his grip if you lay down with dogs you catch flees.He has to choose his buddies better including lance stroll.
    Very possible. If the FIA lay down a rule that appears to hurt Mercedes, people will look past that Mercedes has been caught in breach of regulations and the FIA won't have to do anything. While I don't believe Mercedes could receive constructors penalties for their part in the Racing Point story, they surely should receive a massive fine. If Spygate was worth $100m, what's this worth... $10-20m?

  12. #162
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Very possible. If the FIA lay down a rule that appears to hurt Mercedes, people will look past that Mercedes has been caught in breach of regulations and the FIA won't have to do anything. While I don't believe Mercedes could receive constructors penalties for their part in the Racing Point story, they surely should receive a massive fine. If Spygate was worth $100m, what's this worth... $10-20m?
    yeah, but the spygate stripped Mcmowers of ALL POINTS.....no????
    I'm hoping that the SF1000 proves to be a championship winning car, maybe even a BEAST!!!

  13. #163
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,041
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Hamilton: ‘They’re always trying to slow us down’

    https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...s-slowed-down/

    What a looser...actually Hamilton, they have constantly slowed everyone else down, giving Merc loopholes and spec tyres, and everyone else penalties to ensure that you win. Let’s see how you do when Verstappen and Leclerc are breathing down your neck. These boys aren’t butlers like Bottas who yield to you to make you feel special. Everytime you have had an inch of competition you get on the radio and whine...your day is coming.
    Your not supposed to mention the Honda driver ever here!!!!!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah, but the spygate stripped Mcmowers of ALL POINTS.....no????
    They did, but McLaren was the team using the illegal technical information. Mercedes isn't using anything proven legal on their car, so I don't think there is grounds to penalize them points. Racing Point on the other hand should lose all the points they run with the illegal brakes IMO.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,796
    The best part of all of this is reading all of the comments on Twitter etc from the Hamilton fanboys. They are all loosing their minds about this engine mapping. Crying that this is all to help Ferrari; meanwhile RedBull is their closest competitor and who they should worry about.

    If your boy Hamilton is so great, why are you worried? Shouldn't he win no matter what due to his greatness? Lol

    It would be nice to believe that this will close the field up and slow down merc. In reality, their engine is so powerful that it probably won’t affect them as they have so much power in reserve.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  16. #166
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Your not supposed to mention the Honda driver ever here!!!!!
    Hey, as long as someone wipes that grin off of Hamilton’s face and stops him, I don’t care who it is. And right now Verstappen is the closest to doing that. 1 DNF for ham and we have a championship battle.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    125
    On top of this engine brilliance I hold Ferrari responsible for (finally showing who the political daddy is) there will be as yet unspecified aero changes for 2021. Hopefully this involves close consultation between FIA and Ferrari to coincide with what Ferrari are working on and what will hurt Merc the most. Whilst at it as Ferrari had to change engines last race due to huge failure in practice a RELIABILITY upgrade on the engine should be allowed.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Tracing point
    Trashing point :P
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    On top of this engine brilliance I hold Ferrari responsible for (finally showing who the political daddy is) there will be as yet unspecified aero changes for 2021. Hopefully this involves close consultation between FIA and Ferrari to coincide with what Ferrari are working on and what will hurt Merc the most. Whilst at it as Ferrari had to change engines last race due to huge failure in practice a RELIABILITY upgrade on the engine should be allowed.
    Maybe this is where Rory Byrne coming in play?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,544
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    The best part of all of this is reading all of the comments on Twitter etc from the Hamilton fanboys. They are all loosing their minds about this engine mapping. Crying that this is all to help Ferrari; meanwhile RedBull is their closest competitor and who they should worry about.

    If your boy Hamilton is so great, why are you worried? Shouldn't he win no matter what due to his greatness? Lol

    It would be nice to believe that this will close the field up and slow down merc. In reality, their engine is so powerful that it probably won’t affect them as they have so much power in reserve.
    The FIA put restrictions on Ferrari in the early 2000's........tit-for-tat. Nuff said.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,601
    Looks like Merc ready to sign Concorde agreement now. Wolf said they changed their mind.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Looks like Merc ready to sign Concorde agreement now. Wolf said they changed their mind.
    What issues did they have with it?

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,678
    According to people I know close to things they wanted to pass a clause that if they left f1 before the end of the contract they could do so without getting fined

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    125
    Notice Grosjeans pace today then had a loss of power. I think this is part of a play for a reliability upgrade. You cannot improve the engine with reliability upgrades but depends how hard you run the engine, run it hard with more performance then when breaks you can work to make it reliable at that level hence in reality a performance upgrade. Seeing Vettels engine in practice, the speed of Grosjean today and issues both times I think Ferrari are building the case.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    6,643
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Notice Grosjeans pace today then had a loss of power. I think this is part of a play for a reliability upgrade. You cannot improve the engine with reliability upgrades but depends how hard you run the engine, run it hard with more performance then when breaks you can work to make it reliable at that level hence in reality a performance upgrade. Seeing Vettels engine in practice, the speed of Grosjean today and issues both times I think Ferrari are building the case.
    Don't get your hopes up. I am sure, if we tried to do it this way, people (Mercedes, Red Bull) would immediately notice and posted a complain to FIA which would destroyed us again.

    "If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

  26. #176
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,364
    Fia has realised that this whole hybrid era is a fiasco.It was orchestrated by some one in the fia that gave Mercedes the heads up well in advance of every body else.Some 2 year advantage that's cheating.What a shambolic sport it has become.The true impact of this totally flawed era is now on display.The fia are panicking liberty media are on there knees something had to give,other wise we are whitnessing the death of f1.All of the mercedes titles are tinted with bad fia blood they are hollow victories and 2 chains Hamilton is part of it.He is way overated and his victories have been both politically and fia inspired.I want to see a fair completion for all.

  27. #177
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Melb, Australia
    Posts
    348
    If anyone knows anything about engine combustion, you will know that at any time you try to increase persormance, either by more turbo boost or altered ignition mapping, that you need to also increase the supply of fuel, whether it is from the injectors or from other means. If you increase boost without the extra supply of fuel, then serious detonation will occur, resulting in catstrophic piston failure. Either Ferrari was the only one exceeding fuel supply, or is now the only one not exceeding the supply limits. Time will tell.

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    If anyone knows anything about engine combustion, you will know that at any time you try to increase persormance, either by more turbo boost or altered ignition mapping, that you need to also increase the supply of fuel, whether it is from the injectors or from other means. If you increase boost without the extra supply of fuel, then serious detonation will occur, resulting in catstrophic piston failure. Either Ferrari was the only one exceeding fuel supply, or is now the only one not exceeding the supply limits. Time will tell.
    Good post

    Makes me think if mercedes have been able to exploit a lean fuel mixture somehow

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Diamond Head
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    ...at any time you try to increase persormance, either by more turbo boost or altered ignition mapping, that you need to also increase the supply of fuel...
    Not technically correct. You could increase the % of energy released from the same amount fuel. Way easier said than done, but technically possible because E and M are equivalent.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Melb, Australia
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Not technically correct. You could increase the % of energy released from the same amount fuel. Way easier said than done, but technically possible because E and M are equivalent.
    if that's the case, then you could do so the entire race. I stand by my post.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •