Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 199

Thread: Has Mercedes been cheating? Possible corrupt FIA?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,361

    Has Mercedes been cheating? Possible corrupt FIA?

    In the world of motorsports, anytime a team dominates, speculation arises that said team could be cheating. My thoughts in this thread are simply speculation and assumption, as obviously to date Mercedes has not been caught cheating. What I do know about how brutally and unbelievably corrupt the world is, it would be naive to think that there can't be corruption in Formula 1 and/or the FIA. Throughout F1 history there have been examples of strange decisions or rulings that seemed to benefit the dominant team of that era. A tire change in 2013 that made the Red Bull unbeatable, another tire change in 2018 because specifically Mercedes were blistering their tires. Of course the witch hunt against Ferrari's engine in late 2019. What we do know, is Mercedes has held a dominance over the entire hybrid era, with the only competition coming from Ferrari whilst they were found to be cheating.

    Average Laptimes in Qualifying:
    2014 - Mercedes was 0.688s faster than Williams-Mercedes who was the next best team, 1.099s faster than Ferrari
    2015 - 0.630s faster (Ferrari 2nd best)
    2016 - 0.734s faster (RBR 2nd best)
    2017 - 0.165s faster (Ferrari 2nd best)
    2018 - 0.110s faster (Ferrari 2nd best)
    2019 - 0.111s faster (Ferrari 2nd best), 0.317s faster before Ferrari's updates in Belgium.

    2017-2019 look to be good competitive years. Unfortunately Ferrari's party mode was apparently not legal, and a technical analysis showed Ferrari has dropped upwards of 80 horsepower from their 2019 power unit. I am certain Ferrari didn't gain 80 horsepower after Hungary 2019, I believe they have been tricking the fuel flow since 2017. This doesn't suggest Mercedes has an 80 hp advantage in 2020, as Ferrari had a clear power advantage in 2019, perhaps upwards of 20-30 hp. Also Ferrari is showing to be the worst engine in 2020, it is reasonable to assume that Renault and Honda are down somewhere between 20 and 40 horsepower to Mercedes.

    I don't question how a team like Mercedes can be monstrously dominant, it even makes sense 2014-2015. What I question is how they are able to maintain their gap over the competition year after year.

    In 7 years Honda, Renault, and Ferrari can't find a legal way to close the power gap down to Mercedes?

    In 7 years Red Bull and Ferrari, who have developed dominant chassis' in the past, can't close the gap to Mercedes?

    In 7 years, despite having the best chassis and engine, Mercedes have found enormous gains each and every year.

    Check out Mercedes' performance around Silverstone, which as we know is Lewis Hamilton's home grand prix.

    2014 - 1:35.766
    2015 - 1:32.248 (-3.518s)
    2016 - 1:29.287 (-2.961s)
    2017 - 1:26.600 (-2.687s)*aero changes
    2018 - 1:25.892 (-0.708s)
    2019 - 1:25.093 (-0.799s)
    2020 - 1:24.303 (-0.790s)

    With teams in factory lock down, how does Mercedes gain 30ish horsepower on their already dominant and impossibly efficient engine, and how do they find nearly 8 tenths with virtually no development between March and July?

    It is possible Mercedes simply is that good. They don't make the same mistakes other teams do. However it's easy not to make mistakes when you're pushing only 90% while the other teams are pushing 101%.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,543
    Mercedes had a jump start on this turbo hybrid era way before anyone else. Yeah, sure, Renault wanted it too......but they fell way behind.

    The token system garaunteed Mercedes dominance from 2014 to 2016.....and into 2017 as well. Everyone else was way behind.

    It's 2020 now and another freeze on the engines for 2 years. Ferrari's engine has been regulated even more since the 2019 mid-season. Ferrari has dropped in horsepower.

    Mercedes does'nt rest. They have been advancing in every department in every race for every year. They are a financial, technological, and personnel juggernaut in F1.

    No matter how "bad" the rest of the field is......Mercedes still persists.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,362
    That is the corruption part 2 years head start given to them from some insider in the fia.Simple as that they were developing secretly behind every bodies back.Give Ferrari or red bull 2 years start and lets see where mercedes would be yes corruption ways can be presented in many forms.Ferrari now aiming for 2 years to climb to the top again yes that magical 2 year margin.Ferrari have virtually scraped the next two years why.? May be the fia can answer that secret question.Mercedes are not as good as they think they have had the lions share of information forthcoming for years.This needs an answer no one can be so dominant with out the inside line.FIA =Fools in AUTOMOBILES.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,678
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes had a jump start on this turbo hybrid era way before anyone else. Yeah, sure, Renault wanted it too......but they fell way behind.

    The token system garaunteed Mercedes dominance from 2014 to 2016.....and into 2017 as well. Everyone else was way behind.

    It's 2020 now and another freeze on the engines for 2 years. Ferrari's engine has been regulated even more since the 2019 mid-season. Ferrari has dropped in horsepower.

    Mercedes does'nt rest. They have been advancing in every department in every race for every year. They are a financial, technological, and personnel juggernaut in F1.

    No matter how "bad" the rest of the field is......Mercedes still persists.
    And what about rbr ? Why are they that behind ?
    This is not just about ferrari , it is about renault and Honda as well.

    I don't think it is all about perseverance but also about what ferrari was accused of as well. And because of this whole mess, noone is accusing them because simply fia already showed that they cannot prove if a team can cheat or not so what is the point?
    So right now mercedes is doing it bluntly.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,543
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    And what about rbr ? Why are they that behind ?
    This is not just about ferrari , it is about renault and Honda as well.

    I don't think it is all about perseverance but also about what ferrari was accused of as well. And because of this whole mess, noone is accusing them because simply fia already showed that they cannot prove if a team can cheat or not so what is the point?
    So right now mercedes is doing it bluntly.

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Maybe it's the pandemic for RBR, Honda, Ferrari, and Renault.

    I don't think we've seen Mercedes true hand. I don't think we will ever will.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,362
    Put 3 chains in another car and lets see how good he really is.Lewis has not had a proper examination or test.All his answers to the questions he has provided on a sheet.3 chains will never leave mercedes the fear of loosing would crusify him he can't handle it.So stay safe 3 chains and protect your hollow provided victories and titles.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    129
    FIA showed up and scrutinized our floor. Flexible they said.

    FIA showed up with extra sensors and scrutinized our battery. TDís followed.

    FIA showed up and scrutinized us for oil burning.

    FIA added an extra fuel flow sensor.

    FIA dropped a folder full of TDís on internal engine bits and bobs.

    My conclusion... Mercedes has been stealing data from opponents and either incorporating it, or using it cry to the FIA. Iíll call it their ďBlack Budget.Ē BTW itís pretty normal in the business world.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,543
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Put 3 chains in another car and lets see how good he really is.Lewis has not had a proper examination or test.All his answers to the questions he has provided on a sheet.3 chains will never leave mercedes the fear of loosing would crusify him he can't handle it.So stay safe 3 chains and protect your hollow provided victories and titles.
    I think the whole grid would not mind trading places with Lewis.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,362
    Mercedes can't even make a decent super car.Greece is unvailing one next year.Totally made in Greece and it's a beauty Geneva motor show.Goggle Greek super car.Why no great super car easy no fia corruption or input or cheat sheets provided here.Mercedes my cullo.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    In the world of motorsports, anytime a team dominates, speculation arises that said team could be cheating. My thoughts in this thread are simply speculation and assumption, as obviously to date Mercedes has not been caught cheating. What I do know about how brutally and unbelievably corrupt the world is, it would be naive to think that there can't be corruption in Formula 1 and/or the FIA. Throughout F1 history there have been examples of strange decisions or rulings that seemed to benefit the dominant team of that era. A tire change in 2013 that made the Red Bull unbeatable, another tire change in 2018 because specifically Mercedes were blistering their tires. Of course the witch hunt against Ferrari's engine in late 2019. What we do know, is Mercedes has held a dominance over the entire hybrid era, with the only competition coming from Ferrari whilst they were found to be cheating.

    Average Laptimes in Qualifying:
    2014 - Mercedes was 0.688s faster than Williams-Mercedes who was the next best team, 1.099s faster than Ferrari
    2015 - 0.630s faster (Ferrari 2nd best)
    2016 - 0.734s faster (RBR 2nd best)
    2017 - 0.165s faster (Ferrari 2nd best)
    2018 - 0.110s faster (Ferrari 2nd best)
    2019 - 0.111s faster (Ferrari 2nd best), 0.317s faster before Ferrari's updates in Belgium.

    2017-2019 look to be good competitive years. Unfortunately Ferrari's party mode was apparently not legal, and a technical analysis showed Ferrari has dropped upwards of 80 horsepower from their 2019 power unit. I am certain Ferrari didn't gain 80 horsepower after Hungary 2019, I believe they have been tricking the fuel flow since 2017. This doesn't suggest Mercedes has an 80 hp advantage in 2020, as Ferrari had a clear power advantage in 2019, perhaps upwards of 20-30 hp. Also Ferrari is showing to be the worst engine in 2020, it is reasonable to assume that Renault and Honda are down somewhere between 20 and 40 horsepower to Mercedes.

    I don't question how a team like Mercedes can be monstrously dominant, it even makes sense 2014-2015. What I question is how they are able to maintain their gap over the competition year after year.

    In 7 years Honda, Renault, and Ferrari can't find a legal way to close the power gap down to Mercedes?

    In 7 years Red Bull and Ferrari, who have developed dominant chassis' in the past, can't close the gap to Mercedes?

    In 7 years, despite having the best chassis and engine, Mercedes have found enormous gains each and every year.

    Check out Mercedes' performance around Silverstone, which as we know is Lewis Hamilton's home grand prix.

    2014 - 1:35.766
    2015 - 1:32.248 (-3.518s)
    2016 - 1:29.287 (-2.961s)
    2017 - 1:26.600 (-2.687s)*aero changes
    2018 - 1:25.892 (-0.708s)
    2019 - 1:25.093 (-0.799s)
    2020 - 1:24.303 (-0.790s)

    With teams in factory lock down, how does Mercedes gain 30ish horsepower on their already dominant and impossibly efficient engine, and how do they find nearly 8 tenths with virtually no development between March and July?

    It is possible Mercedes simply is that good. They don't make the same mistakes other teams do. However it's easy not to make mistakes when you're pushing only 90% while the other teams are pushing 101%.

    Thoughts?
    I've always thought that Merc had much more in the tank from day one of hybrid and have fabricated the failures in pace and reliability to not run away with it. It's always better to be in the fight for your sponsors I guess. They have an advantage that is unknown to all other engine supplier's in my opinion

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,361
    I think most have seen special treatment given to Lewis Hamilton by the FIA, however I admit I am biased in my views. But it is feasible to think the FIA protects their golden boy and even allows certain rules to be bent in their favor, if it ensures they get the result they want. To suggest that everyone in the FIA or the stewards in F1 are unbiased to all drivers would be ignorant. I have always watched the British broadcasting in F1, and since Hamilton got into F1 there has been enormous bias towards him. It's natural to expect a given broadcast is going to favor the the driver of the same country. Even though the FIA is based out of France, there is heavy English monopoly in Formula 1 overall and I am sure there some that want to see Lewis Hamilton, a British driver, statistically become the greatest driver.

    Also when it comes to corruption, the behind the scenes money that gets thrown around is probably so much that it'd make us regular people puke. I have dozens of examples of this type of corruption just in my own tiny world. A team like Mercedes with it's massive budget could easily be paying off people to look the other way.

    I think most would agree that the Mercedes power unit has been the best since 2014, with the exception of the better part of 2019 where Ferrari had an advantage illegally. But how much can one really extract from the power units with such tight restrictions? There is minimum weights set in place throughout the engine, no exotic metals are allowed, and most importantly fuel flow limits. Efficiency is key and I think Mercedes has been the best without a doubt, but at the end of the day there is still only so much fuel one can burn to make power. Also there is supposed to be a maximum of 160 horsepower from the batteries. Does Mercedes electric motor push out 200 hp? As I mentioned, I can understand how Mercedes could have an advantage over other engine builders, but rumors of upwards of 100 hp in 2014? Renault, Honda, Ferrari, they have smart guys working there. Not just backyard mechanics. I would think someone could have found how to extract similar power. But lets say Mercedes made 925 horsepower, and Renault was making 875. By the time Renault was making 925 horsepower, Mercedes was making 975-1000.

    When you have such a power advantage, you can afford to build a less efficient chassis. One that makes dirty downforce. Mercedes can hit 325 kph with a lot more downforce than their competitors. Red Bull there or there abouts had the most efficient chassis, but often had to trim off the downforce to keep up with the Mercedes on the straights.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    41
    Keep in mind that FIA also banned several Mercedes technologies during this period. But i think Mercedes have something in their suspension. Something with hydraulic. A few seasons ago they had a lot of problems with that and before the second part of the 2018 season they made some changes. After that, they became completely unbeatable.
    Last edited by ferras; 1st August 2020 at 22:28.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I think most have seen special treatment given to Lewis Hamilton by the FIA, however I admit I am biased in my views. But it is feasible to think the FIA protects their golden boy and even allows certain rules to be bent in their favor, if it ensures they get the result they want. To suggest that everyone in the FIA or the stewards in F1 are unbiased to all drivers would be ignorant. I have always watched the British broadcasting in F1, and since Hamilton got into F1 there has been enormous bias towards him. It's natural to expect a given broadcast is going to favor the the driver of the same country. Even though the FIA is based out of France, there is heavy English monopoly in Formula 1 overall and I am sure there some that want to see Lewis Hamilton, a British driver, statistically become the greatest driver.

    Also when it comes to corruption, the behind the scenes money that gets thrown around is probably so much that it'd make us regular people puke. I have dozens of examples of this type of corruption just in my own tiny world. A team like Mercedes with it's massive budget could easily be paying off people to look the other way.

    I think most would agree that the Mercedes power unit has been the best since 2014, with the exception of the better part of 2019 where Ferrari had an advantage illegally. But how much can one really extract from the power units with such tight restrictions? There is minimum weights set in place throughout the engine, no exotic metals are allowed, and most importantly fuel flow limits. Efficiency is key and I think Mercedes has been the best without a doubt, but at the end of the day there is still only so much fuel one can burn to make power. Also there is supposed to be a maximum of 160 horsepower from the batteries. Does Mercedes electric motor push out 200 hp? As I mentioned, I can understand how Mercedes could have an advantage over other engine builders, but rumors of upwards of 100 hp in 2014? Renault, Honda, Ferrari, they have smart guys working there. Not just backyard mechanics. I would think someone could have found how to extract similar power. But lets say Mercedes made 925 horsepower, and Renault was making 875. By the time Renault was making 925 horsepower, Mercedes was making 975-1000.

    When you have such a power advantage, you can afford to build a less efficient chassis. One that makes dirty downforce. Mercedes can hit 325 kph with a lot more downforce than their competitors. Red Bull there or there abouts had the most efficient chassis, but often had to trim off the downforce to keep up with the Mercedes on the straights.
    You are talking about PU, but what about their customers? RP looked like **** till they got a new chassis. Williams still like trash.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    321
    Either way, the FIA deciding to 'punish' Ferrari for their engines, which were never proven to be illegal, is now heavily damaging an already declining sport.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    You are talking about PU, but what about their customers? RP looked like **** till they got a new chassis. Williams still like trash.
    In 2014 the Williams was the second fastest car, Racing Point not that much behind them. 2015 Williams was still strong. I certainly don't think Williams had a better chassis than Red Bull.

    In 2017, Williams who were under-developing at a wild-fire alarming rate, still managed to comfortably beat all Honda, Renault, and Ferrari powered cars except for Ferrari and RBR. Force India who had no budget, were heading into bankruptcy dominated the midfield, easily coming 4th in the WCC.

    In 2018, Williams had by far the worst chassis, still scored points. Force India who got bought mid season even scored a podium in Baku and was regularly in the top 10. Force India + Racing Point points would have put them in 5th, right behind Renault. Not bad for a team with no money and a team that was on the verge of being dismantled.

    2019, Williams was virtually undrivable, and Racing Point had Lance Stroll. Now that RP has the entire 2019 Mercedes car, it's a legit contender for podiums with 1 overrated driver and the other who is probably regarded as the worst driver on the grid.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Either way, the FIA deciding to 'punish' Ferrari for their engines, which were never proven to be illegal, is now heavily damaging an already declining sport.
    The engine was built using loopholes in the regulation. Like many other banned technologies: Renault mass damper, Mercedes DAS and etc. The easiest way to solve these problems is with new rules in the regulation, because it's very difficult and very expensive to prove something.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    In 2014 the Williams was the second fastest car, Racing Point not that much behind them. 2015 Williams was still strong. I certainly don't think Williams had a better chassis than Red Bull.

    In 2017, Williams who were under-developing at a wild-fire alarming rate, still managed to comfortably beat all Honda, Renault, and Ferrari powered cars except for Ferrari and RBR. Force India who had no budget, were heading into bankruptcy dominated the midfield, easily coming 4th in the WCC.

    In 2018, Williams had by far the worst chassis, still scored points. Force India who got bought mid season even scored a podium in Baku and was regularly in the top 10. Force India + Racing Point points would have put them in 5th, right behind Renault. Not bad for a team with no money and a team that was on the verge of being dismantled.

    2019, Williams was virtually undrivable, and Racing Point had Lance Stroll. Now that RP has the entire 2019 Mercedes car, it's a legit contender for podiums with 1 overrated driver and the other who is probably regarded as the worst driver on the grid.
    In the start of the hybrid era Mercedes had the best engine, but not the chassis. Ferrari, Renault and Honda had allot of problems. Then Ferrari solved their problems with PU and started pushing Merc(2017, 2018). After that, Merc started working hard on the chassis, especially suspension.. I think that’s what helped them to keep the advantage. This is my opinion.

    P.S. Keep in mind that many aero rules has been changed in this period and thats why teams like Williams stayed away from the others.
    Last edited by ferras; 1st August 2020 at 23:32.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,040
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Put 3 chains in another car and lets see how good he really is.Lewis has not had a proper examination or test.All his answers to the questions he has provided on a sheet.3 chains will never leave mercedes the fear of loosing would crusify him he can't handle it.So stay safe 3 chains and protect your hollow provided victories and titles.
    I only wish Ferrari had given Seb a proper examination or test! Leaving the R Bull car he was blessed with did crucify him. 4 WDCs down to not even getting podiums. Lewis + his car will probably take him to 100 wins 100 poles and 10 WDCs. All that will count for years to come. GOAT until someone else gets to drive in a great team with a great car. Seb has 4 WDCs , 3 more and he would have tied the record. He wishes for sure he would have been smart enough to stay safe . Bottas is not Rubenized by Merc. He is Lewis top challenge along with Max. Meanwhile Binotto has assured the team and drivers to not worry at least until 2023 about results, they will get paid anyway. I do have faith in Charles as far as doing all he can regardless. Lewis says at least 3 more years before he even thinks of leaving the great job he has.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,362
    Rapper boy Hamilton's neck surely can't carry another 3 years of gold chains.I thought that the G forces on the neck would be enough.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,377
    I would say it simple. Better understanding between FIA & Merc : Politics
    Ferrari had an era (Schumi), which they stopped with some restrictions then RB was into limelight.
    Even they had an era (Vettel), again they stopped with restrictions where Mercs got an head start.
    Now it’s Mercs era (Hamilton), but the important point FIA is not imposing any restrictions, only its rivals are getting punished.

    But nothing to take away Mercs are doing better job in holding their advantage.

    Come 2022, I don’t know whom FIA wants to make a hero... it’s either Max or Leclerc. I feel in this way. Hope it’s the later.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57

    How thiscount as a world championship

    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I would say it simple. Better understanding between FIA & Merc : Politics
    Ferrari had an era (Schumi), which they stopped with some restrictions then RB was into limelight.
    Even they had an era (Vettel), again they stopped with restrictions where Mercs got an head start.
    Now itís Mercs era (Hamilton), but the important point FIA is not imposing any restrictions, only its rivals are getting punished.

    But nothing to take away Mercs are doing better job in holding their advantage.

    Come 2022, I donít know whom FIA wants to make a hero... itís either Max or Leclerc. I feel in this way. Hope itís the later.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57

    How can this count as a championship

    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I would say it simple. Better understanding between FIA & Merc : Politics
    Ferrari had an era (Schumi), which they stopped with some restrictions then RB was into limelight.
    Even they had an era (Vettel), again they stopped with restrictions where Mercs got an head start.
    Now itís Mercs era (Hamilton), but the important point FIA is not imposing any restrictions, only its rivals are getting punished.

    But nothing to take away Mercs are doing better job in holding their advantage.

    Come 2022, I donít know whom FIA wants to make a hero... itís either Max or Leclerc. I feel in this way. Hope itís the later.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57
    Less races, no crowds, does the FIA really think people are going to be glued to their TV for 1 hour 40 minutes to watch a forgone conclusion to a race, the British commentators try to make it exciting, looking at the lower teams fighting, what a load of rubbish. The golden era of F1 has gone for good. We need a new free handed new racing series to follow, and leave F1 to Mercedes, let them run the 20 cars.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    103
    Lewis has had win after win and title after title handed to him on a plate. Since the first "illegal" Mercedes tyre tests that thing has been light years ahead of the rest.
    I think it's common knowledge now that the FIA favour Mercedes and want them to go on and take every record in the books. That's why nothing is done to stop them (when Ferrari dominated in 2002/4 the FIA tried all sorts including new rules to slow them down, but they are more than happy for Mercedes to dominate for 7 years in a row)

    and even when another team get close to them, things like tyre pressures are altered to suit Mercedes even more and their gap grows again.

    What boils my blood is people who say Ham is the goat. They are blind, there are way more races now, 25pts for a win instead of 10, points for 10 places instead of 7 and the reliability is pretty much 100% now. So anyone in that car would rack up a mountain of wins. Shame he is too chicken to have a good driver in the 2nd seat.

    Ham goat? not even close.

    as for have they been cheating, YES! but the FIA don't care. They are also cheating with DAS this year as no other teams can use it and its banned for next year. why not ban it now? because Merc can use it.. cheating scumbags.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,377
    How can others working while Ferrari or other teams were affected by lockdown? When that’s called championship, probably this one too come under title category.

    Remember Ferrari is subjected to engine freeze, while teams like RP & Mercs & RB have the option to use free tokens. Is this the championship you are talking about?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,543
    Mercedes: why is super power (1022 hp) suspicious?

    Motorsport.com obtained the phonometric surveys carried out in qualifying at Silverstone: the power measurements showed surprising data. The full boost Mercedes power unit was the only one to increase horsepower compared to last year. Honda pays a gap of 28 hp, Renault pays a 37 hp, while Ferrari is last with a gap of 42 hp.

    Milleventidue. This is only a number, but it will remain printed for a long time in the mind of those who experience the Formula 1 paddock.

    Because it took the fourth GP of the season to discover the true potential of the Mercedes power unit, so far smelled, but never fully expressed, either because of fears about reliability, or because of the obvious inferiority of the competition so it was not worth taking risks unnecessary.

    But at Silverstone, the home track for the Brackley team, we experienced a devastating showdown that forces Red Bull Racing to take back all the proclamations of the winter, when Helmut Marko and Max Verstappen were self-nominated candidates for the world championship . And, instead, the Dutchman, in spite of himself, will have understood that this too will be a year of lean cows, because against Mercedes there is no opponent who takes.

    Ola Kallenius, president of the Daimler Group, wanted a test of superiority and for the first time in the management of the "Strat 2" map, the qualifying one, the Brackley engines pushed the turbo overboost: the power data collected with the sound level measurements were simply impressive!

    The power unit of Lewis Hamilton squeezed in Q3 showed 1,022 horses, while that of Valtteri Bottas stopped at 1,020 horses. A nothing that does not justify the gap of three tenths that the ex-champion has inflicted on the good Finnish, but which explains the impressive difference with all the others who, at least in the dry lap, just don't exist.

    If Mercedes wanted to give a signal, it sent it clear and strong: we are talking about twenty more horses than those seen earlier this year. No wonder: the W11 had finished the GP dominated in Austria with 11 kilos of petrol in the tank, a sign that there would be "beer" to spend. And so it was in Silverstone.

    Only the heat could have mitigated the overflowing superiority of the black arrows, fearing the trouble of lubricating Brixworth's engine, but Andy Cowell's latest masterpiece also stopped smoking ...

    There is talk of a "miraculous" petrol homologated before Spielberg and of a different hybrid strategy: the two combined things give a surprising "mix". All the other engines have lost power compared to the last one, not Mercedes which, in fact, has made an important step forward which also benefits the customer teams (Racing Point and Williams).

    The FIA ​​in telemetry has not seen anything unusual, even if now it is up to Mercedes to feel the "breeze" of those who claim that it is impossible to get over a thousand horses without acting in the gray areas of the regulation in spite of the Technical Directives issued by Nicholas Tombazis. But there are those who argue that false signals can be sent to the flow meter to prevent it from reading the correct data, firing more fuel than allowed into the combustion chamber.

    Ferrari has opened a road and there are those who know how to drive it without incurring evident infractions. It is clear that the gauntlet launched by Mercedes is also to the International Federation, but it particularly affects Mattia Binotto who is grappling with a "deflated" engine after the secret agreement with the FIA ​​in which the wings to 065/2.

    The Cavallino unit pays 42 horses from the Mercedes unit, while the Honda is chasing the Stella with a gap of just 28 horses. Renault is no longer the Cinderella of the Manufacturers: it is 37 horsepower with the 6 cylinder that has not changed much since 2019.

    The black shirt was worn by Enrico Gualtieri, chief engineer of the Scuderia: without the "devilries" that made the Reds impregnable on the straight, the Maranello engine proved inadequate for F1 2020. During the lockdown period there was no time to introduce new solutions on the engine that has been approved, but by 2021 the music should change.

    One fact is certain: 42 horses can be worth at most four tenths of a second on the lap, but not the second and passes seen in qualifying at Silverstone, a sign that the troubles of the SF1000 arise from the power unit, but involve the whole car ...

    https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Lewis has had win after win and title after title handed to him on a plate. Since the first "illegal" Mercedes tyre tests that thing has been light years ahead of the rest.
    I think it's common knowledge now that the FIA favour Mercedes and want them to go on and take every record in the books. That's why nothing is done to stop them (when Ferrari dominated in 2002/4 the FIA tried all sorts including new rules to slow them down, but they are more than happy for Mercedes to dominate for 7 years in a row)

    and even when another team get close to them, things like tyre pressures are altered to suit Mercedes even more and their gap grows again.

    What boils my blood is people who say Ham is the goat. They are blind, there are way more races now, 25pts for a win instead of 10, points for 10 places instead of 7 and the reliability is pretty much 100% now. So anyone in that car would rack up a mountain of wins. Shame he is too chicken to have a good driver in the 2nd seat.

    Ham goat? not even close.

    as for have they been cheating, YES! but the FIA don't care. They are also cheating with DAS this year as no other teams can use it and its banned for next year. why not ban it now? because Merc can use it.. cheating scumbags.
    The FIA did everything they could to stop Ferrari

    After 01 and 02 dominance, they change the points structure, and introduce 1 lap qualifying with race fuel to shake things up. Successful, but Ferrari still wins in 03

    2004 they try to reduce downforce by allowing only 2 element rear wings. Not a big deal, but Ferrari ends up dominating.

    2005, they finally succeed by introducing 1 tires for the entire race, which of course was going to benefit Michelin as they had 7 teams vs 3. The 3 Bridgestone teams were Ferrari and backmarkers Minardi and Jordan. It was a completely unfair advantage and it finally dethroned Ferrari. Such a shame.

    I agree with you, any time a team gets close to Mercedes they find a way to help Mercedes or hurt the team getting close. DAS could be deemed illegal on several accounts, but instead, according to James Allison, the FIA actually told Mercedes how to do it to be considered "legal".

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,040
    No one but Lewis had anything to do with this latest win. It wasn't the car that won it this time for sure. Not too many drivers could bring home a win on 3 wheels! Ferrari gets a podium !!!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    No one but Lewis had anything to do with this latest win. It wasn't the car that won it this time for sure. Not too many drivers could bring home a win on 3 wheels! Ferrari gets a podium !!!
    Not to exaggerate, and give superhuman powers to him!? He had like 50 second advantage over MV, and lest than a half a lap!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6
    Let's hope Andy Cowell’s departure from Mercedes is significant. I'm sure it won't happen but I would love to see him in red. He'd be a great technical director. Somebody who know how to use all the loopholes and regulations.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •