Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 282

Thread: Vettel: "Something" is going on with my car

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well let's see. Hopefully for his sake he does. If he gets beat by Stroll.. much as Brembo rates him.... it would be devastating for his career. Maybe even his legacy.
    Stroll is a Canadian driver who drives under an American F-1 license ! I wish him the best meaning safe happy driving. Charles is the driver I wish WDCs on as soon as Ferrari makes that seat what Charles thought it would be. Go Canada; USA !!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    659
    Well, thanks for the 14 wins I suppose. A great shame it ended this way but it was in his head more than anything. Even in 2017 and 2018 the Mercedes was 0.1-0.3 seconds/lap faster all the time in race trim so it takes a special psyche to overcome that. Sadly, Seb wasn't one of those drivers (Michael/Fernando/Ayrton) who can do such things.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 10th September 2020 at 09:02.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Well, thanks for the 14 wins I suppose. A great shame it ended this way but it was in his head more than anything. Even in 2017 and 2018 the Mercedes was 0.1-0.3 seconds/lap faster all the time in race trim so it takes a special psyche to overcome that. Sadly, Seb wasn't one of those drivers (Michael/Fernando/Ayrton) who can do such things.
    Perfectly said.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    When do we make a Seb tribute thread?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    When do we make a Seb tribute thread?
    I donít think itís much needed? as few of them doesnít like him much.
    If no, then before last 5 races would be good.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t think it’s much needed? as few of them doesn’t like him much.
    If no, then before last 5 races would be good.
    He still was our driver and did the best he could. His efforts should be acknowledged. Let us make one right after Imola.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    He still was our driver and did the best he could. His efforts should be acknowledged. Let us make one right after Imola.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,115
    I'm still wondering when there will be a tribute thread for Rubens? OK this was and still is to some degree a Michael Forum much more so than a Ferrari forum, but Rubens put in the time for sure and obeyed the #2 driver rules. Seb on the other hand was forced to be the #2 driver by Charles not obliging by any rules. Seb does merit a tribute thread for his genuine efforts. As the saying goes, "It's the car !"

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,753
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t think it’s much needed? as few of them doesn’t like him much.
    If no, then before last 5 races would be good.
    Like him or not, he has driven 6 seasons for this team, even though he has not delivered to expectations but no one can deny his love for Ferrari since the day he joined

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm still wondering when there will be a tribute thread for Rubens? OK this was and still is to some degree a Michael Forum much more so than a Ferrari forum, but Rubens put in the time for sure and obeyed the #2 driver rules. Seb on the other hand was forced to be the #2 driver by Charles not obliging by any rules. Seb does merit a tribute thread for his genuine efforts. As the saying goes, "It's the car !"
    But it's been 15 years since he left? Make one if you wish.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  11. #161
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,115
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    But it's been 15 years since he left? Make one if you wish.
    Thank you for your very polite response.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Thank you for your very polite response.
    You're welcome :D
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Like him or not, he has driven 6 seasons for this team, even though he has not delivered to expectations but no one can deny his love for Ferrari since the day he joined
    Great . I saw a video on YT, it was his first win with Ferrari where he was very emotional (literally with tears in his eyes on the podium). I personally feel, he had that passion to win a title with Ferrari, unfortunately it didn’t happen. All the best for him on his future project.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    But it's been 15 years since he left? Make one if you wish.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,266
    Vettel was never "my" driver, but still he did his very best for us, so I'm happy for him.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Vettel was never "my" driver, but still he did his very best for us, so I'm happy for him.
    Yup same here. I still remember when I used to hate when he was driving for RB, winning in a superior car & Alonso matching him in inferior car.

    But when he moved to ferrari, those couple of wins initially made me look he’s the next to get the title back.
    He always had that dream with Ferrari, sadly it ended like this. For me he’s below Hamilton, neither great nor ordinary driver.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ferrari Car
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Vettel was never "my" driver, but still he did his very best for us, so I'm happy for him.
    So all the mistakes, the brain fades, the missed opportunities is driving at his best?.

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Vettel: "I didn't just go to Ferrari to be with Ferrari, I went to win titles and not just races. You could say that I failed. But I got to know people who've helped me a lot, I've made friends for life."


  19. #169
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Vettel was never "my" driver, but still he did his very best for us, so I'm happy for him.
    Cheers to that an Alonso fan praising Seb. Hope we will see some battles between 2 of them again next year. They are both awesome.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Cheers to that an Alonso fan praising Seb. Hope we will see some battles between 2 of them again next year. They are both awesome.
    and who's gonna come on top of those battles??? surely won't be Seb as he's a master at doing pirouettes now....he'll take that skill over at Tracing Point.....LOLOLOL

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    and who's gonna come on top of those battles??? surely won't be Seb as he's a master at doing pirouettes now....he'll take that skill over at Tracing Point.....LOLOLOL
    Well both Alonso and Seb have selected tractors to drive next year so we can expect them to fight for 9th and 10th position.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    923
    Hahah loved that battle from 2014. It was on the hard but fair, both world class drivers pushing each other to the limit.

    https://youtu.be/nelCmyii6IY

    Also 2011, 2010,2012 they had some cool fights

    Respect Seb as he is the third best ferrari driver in history in terms od winning races. Just 1 behind lauda, of course lauda won 2 wdc with ferrari and and absolute legend of the sport.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 10th September 2020 at 19:03.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,363
    I predict Vettel to have an outstanding season in 2021. I don't think he will fight for wins or anything, but I suspect he crushes Stroll (shouldn't be that hard), and gives the illusion that he's outdriving the car. He won't have any pressure, the team should develop around his style more than the current Ferrari.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,804
    Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Well both Alonso and Seb have selected tractors to drive next year so we can expect them to fight for 9th and 10th position.
    Tractors? Have you watched a race this year mate? both Renault and Racing Point/Aston Martin are ahead of Ferrari this year. They have better packages and Aston Martin will have Merc Engines + Parts etc. We are stuck with our tractor until 2022, so I fully expect Alonso and Vettel to be ahead of Charles and Carlos next season.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  25. #175
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,405
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Tractors? Have you watched a race this year mate? both Renault and Racing Point/Aston Martin are ahead of Ferrari this year. They have better packages and Aston Martin will have Merc Engines + Parts etc. We are stuck with our tractor until 2022, so I fully expect Alonso and Vettel to be ahead of Charles and Carlos next season.
    sadly, tracing point WON'T BE GETTING any hand me downs from Merc next year as they are NOT allowed to copy....hmmhmmm borrow Merc 2020 parts and use them in 2021.....so i'm pretty sure they will be quite slow next season....

    on the other hand, Ferrari will have a brand new power unit for next year which will make a big difference compared to this year.....and if they fix their aero a bit....anything is possible....not saying they'll be fighting for championships.....but podiums and maybe even the odd win....

    im sure they are putting all their eggs in the 2022 basket....

  26. #176
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Slovenia, Maribor
    Posts
    923
    https://youtu.be/rT139I0oeL0



    The year 2020 in one video.
    Made in Maranello.

  27. #177
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    https://youtu.be/rT139I0oeL0



    The year 2020 in one video.
    Made in Maranello.
    So you come here making fun with the team, now that your boy signed with another team ????!!!!
    And you think that this is ok ????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  28. #178
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    https://youtu.be/rT139I0oeL0



    The year 2020 in one video.
    Made in Maranello.
    Serves him well! Him making his Aston Martin announcement on Ferrari's biggest race in decades is a nasty move.
    Last edited by crbassassin; 11th September 2020 at 04:39.

  29. #179
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    https://youtu.be/rT139I0oeL0



    The year 2020 in one video.
    Made in Maranello.
    I’ve told you many a times. Team first then driver. If you are a ferrari fan, stay. Then admire your driver. That’s fine.
    Else please reach out to TP forum. Don’t degrade yourself to much lower.

  30. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,452
    Vettel: "My role in the history of Ferrari is a small light."

    There will be a RTL documentary this Sunday before the race about Ferrari's history.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •