Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel: "Something" is going on with my car

Dont you get a joke. Cmon dont be so serious. You see the reality this season why would you deny it.

Thats the main problem Binotto doesnt accept the fact that Ferrari is in crisis. You see whats the problem. Team Management, inferior strategies, bad engine, chassis the never ending circle. Arivabenne was just much much better as team leader. Ferrari was on a up and then they fire him.

If Ferrari had a car that could have got Seb out of mid field traffic for the most part; he would have done 4 +3 =7. We fans all realize the car is where it's at.

#AMuS The Vettel transfer have cost Racing Point/Aston Martin an estimated 40mio$. This sum consists of: paying off Perez, the loss of the sponsors from Mexico and Vettel's salary (Bild reports 15mio€). That shows how important the transfer was for them.

#AMuS Next year Vettel will be racing at least where Racing Point is racing at the moment. Behind two Mercedes and a Red Bull, with a good chance of a podium finish. And he is part of the Mercedes family

15 mio eu. for most drivers is a small fortune. I'm sure Seb is OK financially @ home. Meanwhile Stroll speaks with high admiration and hopes for both Seb and the team. I still can't get over how Perez got the boot so suddenly and with the team now looking stronger than ever. Does he have any hopes of a team picking him up?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    #AMuS The Vettel transfer have cost Racing Point/Aston Martin an estimated 40mio$. This sum consists of: paying off Perez, the loss of the sponsors from Mexico and Vettel's salary (Bild reports 15mio€). That shows how important the transfer was for them.

#AMuS Next year Vettel will be racing at least where Racing Point is racing at the moment. Behind two Mercedes and a Red Bull, with a good chance of a podium finish. And he is part of the Mercedes family

That might be debatable. Renault looking pretty good, McLaren getting Merc engines.... and Ferrari getting new engine. So he might end up exactly where he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    That might be debatable. Renault looking pretty good, McLaren getting Merc engines.... and Ferrari getting new engine. So he might end up exactly where he is now.
    Yup, my 2 cents to.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Vettel: "I liked Ricciardo a lot, he is a good rival. With Kimi I had no complications & I learned a lot from him on the track. With Charles it is interesting to see him emerge and grow, he has my place now. In the next decade he will be a big one in F1."

Vettel on Hamilton's records: "He worked hard to be in that position. He deserves all the successes, but Lewis will never be my hero. That will always be Schumi. I'm happy for Lewis anyway."

Which race do you choose among the 1000s of Ferrari?

Vettel: "One of Schumi, my idol. I'm happy that Mick will drive the 2004 car, I'm jealous..."

Vettel on Hamilton's records: "He worked hard to be in that position. He deserves all the successes, but Lewis will never be my hero. That will always be Schumi. I'm happy for Lewis anyway."

Vettel: "One of Schumi, my idol. I'm happy that Mick will drive the 2004 car, I'm jealous..."
    Praise to him.

More rear-end kissing from Vettel on the piece of work. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Well, thanks for the 14 wins I suppose. A great shame it ended this way but it was in his head more than anything. Even in 2017 and 2018 the Mercedes was 0.1-0.3 seconds/lap faster all the time in race trim so it takes a special psyche to overcome that. Sadly, Seb wasn't one of those drivers (Michael/Fernando/Ayrton) who can do such things.
    It does make you wonder what Charles could have done in those cars (at his current level of course) considering he looks consistently faster. Were the Ferrari genuinely down on pace, or just down on drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    It does make you wonder what Charles could have done in those cars (at his current level of course) considering he looks consistently faster. Were the Ferrari genuinely down on pace, or just down on drivers?
    I think Vettel drove close to the limit just as Hammy did but that those two had similar performance as drivers in those two seasons. That being said, I believe Alonso would've made this time up, since he's a more talented driver in dry conditions than Hammy and in both dry and wet than Seb.

Charles was probably too young to be faster than Seb anyway even in 2018. He figured the Sauber out after a few rounds and then got going, but still had a lot to learn. The 2020 Charles might have won both '17 and '18 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I think Vettel drove close to the limit just as Hammy did but that those two had similar performance as drivers in those two seasons. That being said, I believe Alonso would've made this time up, since he's a more talented driver in dry conditions than Hammy and in both dry and wet than Seb.

Charles was probably too young to be faster than Seb anyway even in 2018. He figured the Sauber out after a few rounds and then got going, but still had a lot to learn. The 2020 Charles might have won both '17 and '18 though.
    Agree drivers come and go, it is what it is. In few years time a new talent will come, hey maybe even Mick Schumacher and become one of the greatest. You never know what will happen. Ether way even Hamiltons luck will run out some day.

Seb in the right car was mighty.

I will never forget this pole Lap. Absolutely stunning.
    https://youtu.be/vMPL-axI6rs

It seems that some people are still vastly ignorant of Vettel's peak speed. As everyone knows Vettel hasn't been doing too well since 2019 but when that rare occasion does come that he finds himself happy with the car, suddenly he becomes faster than Leclerc. Last year's Suzuka qualifying is a great example - after the first run in Q3, Vettel immediately came on radio and said that was a good lap guys. And he was 3 tenths faster than Leclerc. Mark Hughes later wrote an article and said that Leclerc was stunned to find Vettel 2 tenths ahead because he (Leclerc) himself had put in such a good lap. That was the Vettel in his window.

2017 was the year when Vettel was in his window all year, that car was a perfect match for him. In dry, he was outqualifying Raikkonen by 5 to 8 tenths. Even this year, there were 2 occasions when Vettel said he was feeling happy and proceeded to beat Leclerc (Styria and Hungary). For sure, the gap wasn't much but what it does tell is that Vettel has more speed to unlock than Leclerc and when he does get it right, he can put in a faster laptime than what Leclerc is capable of.

Leclerc certainly would have done a lot better than Raikkonen in 2018 but he would get absolutely decimated by Vettel in the 2017 Ferrari just like Leclerc is decimating Vettel in 2020 Ferrari.

Awesome analysis chinmay.
    Loved that Lap.

https://youtu.be/JUbHn7egKHs

Seb brought the team 14 wins, many podiums, and was the only one to give Hamilton a run for money in hibrid era. Hope a new car will be more to his liking next year.

Both Charles and Seb should be praised with Seb driving better than the car was capable in 2015,2017 and also first part of 2018. Leclerc should be praised for 2019 and 2 podiums this year. Both had to drive over the limit and this is why mistakes happen sometimes
    Last edited by Vettel165; 14th September 2020 at 17:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    It seems that some people are still vastly ignorant of Vettel's peak speed. As everyone knows Vettel hasn't been doing too well since 2019 but when that rare occasion does come that he finds himself happy with the car, suddenly he becomes faster than Leclerc. Last year's Suzuka qualifying is a great example - after the first run in Q3, Vettel immediately came on radio and said that was a good lap guys. And he was 3 tenths faster than Leclerc. Mark Hughes later wrote an article and said that Leclerc was stunned to find Vettel 2 tenths ahead because he (Leclerc) himself had put in such a good lap. That was the Vettel in his window.

2017 was the year when Vettel was in his window all year, that car was a perfect match for him. In dry, he was outqualifying Raikkonen by 5 to 8 tenths. Even this year, there were 2 occasions when Vettel said he was feeling happy and proceeded to beat Leclerc (Styria and Hungary). For sure, the gap wasn't much but what it does tell is that Vettel has more speed to unlock than Leclerc and when he does get it right, he can put in a faster laptime than what Leclerc is capable of.

Leclerc certainly would have done a lot better than Raikkonen in 2018 but he would get absolutely decimated by Vettel in the 2017 Ferrari just like Leclerc is decimating Vettel in 2020 Ferrari.
    Nice analysis indeed. Thanks.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Or dont forget the monster perfomance by Seb in Brasil 2008. At some point be was running as high as second right behind massa and was slightly quicker than him in a minardi dna Torro Rosso. Also nearly cost Hamilton the world championship and helped Massa and Ferrari.

Or Seb magic in Monza 2008 where he gained more than 5 seconds in few laps to other mclaren driver while having an inferior car with a setup that was based for dry weather with massive top speed and less downforce.

Well that's your opinion like Vet fans you are. I simply dont agree with you that Vet is faster then Lec in the right car. I will agree that in a car that suits both they will be head to head and race by race. I never will deny him as a top driver and never gone degrade his 4 championships. I was supporting him greatly as our driver and I will always consider him as top 3 of his generation.
    It looks like his biggest disadvantage is that when he doesn't have a car exactly as he wants and full competitive to fignt for wins all the time, he brakes emotionally and start making mystakes + he can't take 100 % of a bad car. There is where he loses to other top drivers like Ham ,Alo , ( as we have seeing in the last couple if years)Lec and we dont really have seeing in a bad car Max.
    So YES he is great when everything around him is perfect and can (not always) outperform everybody out there ,BUT not the times everything is perfect....!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well that's your opinion like Vet fans you are. I simply dont agree with you that Vet is faster then Lec in the right car. I will agree that in a car that suits both they will be head to head and race by race. I never will deny him as a top driver and never gone degrade his 4 championships. I was supporting him greatly as our driver and I will always consider him as top 3 of his generation.
    It looks like his biggest disadvantage is that when he doesn't have a car exactly as he wants and full competitive to fignt for wins all the time, he brakes emotionally and start making mystakes + he can't take 100 % of a bad car. There is where he loses to other top drivers like Ham ,Alo , ( as we have seeing in the last couple if years)Lec and we dont really have seeing in a bad car Max.
    So YES he is great when everything around him is perfect and can (not always) outperform everybody out there ,BUT not the times everything is perfect....!!!!
    Yup agree with you.

Almost a minute behind his team mate, fair and square, with similar strategies...

It may have been Seb's 250th F1 start so what a pity he didn't seem capable of a decent result and some points, fair enough that his only pit-stop dropped him right down the field but he even had trouble keeping up with Kimi and GIO. His crash in quali probably didn't help but Seb is still being paid by Ferrari so he owes it to the team to at least bring home some points.

The petulant German is at it again:

But, on the other hand, it is obvious that the other car is much faster. Where I lose time? I have been biting my tongue all year long. Some idiot might never figure it out, but am I a complete idiot? I doubt it
    Not you're not idiot Vettel, you are simply not good enough to beat someone like Charles. Sure your 4 WDC's have inflated your ego, but imagine performing so poorly on track that "sabotage" is being used as an explanation. There is no conspiracy, you are simply slower.

Binotto:

"Seb and Charles' cars are identical, no doubt," he told Sky Italia. "I sincerely hope that Sebastian will be able to qualify better in Imola, and show more of what he is capable of during the race."

"Charles is certainly very good, but maybe you expect even more from the second driver.
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...aign=widget-22

Having won 4 WDCs ; Seb deserves to be proud. So will Charles when he reaches the same WDCs and hopefully a few more! Seb did in fact get into the points last race . His car is also improved. Soon Charles may very well be the one between the two Merc, even ahead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Having won 4 WDCs ; Seb deserves to be proud. So will Charles when he reaches the same WDCs and hopefully a few more! Seb did in fact get into the points last race . His car is also improved. Soon Charles may very well be the one between the two Merc, even ahead!!!
    I wish I had the optimism you have ;)
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Vettel: "Charles and I get the same material. I trust the team and the people in the garage. In the end, the stopwatch reveals the truth. The feeling for the car is just not right. I find it difficult to drive consistently. Sometimes it works for one lap, sometimes not."

Vettel admits that his driving style doesn't necessarily suit the SF1000, but he doesn't want to use that as an excuse. "Then I'll just have to adapt. And I'm having a hard time doing that right now."
    "Charles obviously has a different feel for the grip than I do, which is why I don't drive as fast as he does. But I have to concentrate on myself and do my thing."

#AMuS

Some of here show so much hatred they can’t put an end.
    Oh, he’s leaving 2020. Wonder who will be the next they will comment on...

Vettel: "Charles and I get the same material. I trust the team and the people in the garage. In the end, the stopwatch reveals the truth. The feeling for the car is just not right. I find it difficult to drive consistently. Sometimes it works for one lap, sometimes not."

Vettel admits that his driving style doesn't necessarily suit the SF1000, but he doesn't want to use that as an excuse. "Then I'll just have to adapt. And I'm having a hard time doing that right now."
    "Charles obviously has a different feel for the grip than I do, which is why I don't drive as fast as he does. But I have to concentrate on myself and do my thing."

#AMuS

Some of here show so much hatred they can’t put an end.
    Oh, he’s leaving 2020. Wonder who will be the next they will comment on...
    Well he admits the problem is with him, which is the mature thing to do... he's also getting older, so is in the natural decline... being older than him I can say that age doesn't creep up on you slowly, it's more like falling off a cliff... one day you have and the other day.... gone.....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Well he admits the problem is with him, which is the mature thing to do... he's also getting older, so is in the natural decline... being older than him I can say that age doesn't creep up on you slowly, it's more like falling off a cliff... one day you have and the other day.... gone.....
    Actually he has changed his tune after the race, when he blamed "his car" for his awful race. In qualifying he did the right thing by admitting his own shortcomings, but he did an 180 after the race and put the blame on the car again.

And you can clearly see his words are generating some buzz inside the F1 circus. He has been complaining the entire year and hinted "something" been wrong with the car. Ferrari gave him a new chassis to help him but still it wasn't enough. The problem is the driver, not the car.

And now Binotto is forced to say publicly that Ferrari is not sabotaging him. Both Lelcerc and Vettel are driving the identical cars.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 26th October 2020 at 19:27.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Actually he has changed his tune after the race, when he blamed "his car" for his awful race. In qualifying he did the right thing by admitting his own shortcomings, but he did an 180 after the race and put the blame on the car again.

And you can clearly see his words are generating some buzz inside the F1 circus. He has been complaining the entire year and hinted "something" being wrong with the car. Ferrari gave him a new chassis to help him but still it wasn't enough. The problem is the driver, not the car.

And now Binotto is forced to say publicly that Ferrari is not sabotaging him. Both Lelcerc and Vettel are driving the identical cars.
    Just a week ago, RP's team principal and technical director said the same thing. I think they've asked him to talk rubbish about the team to even further demoralise the team. But instead I'm sure the team would be even more convinced about their decision being the right one. Vettel has scored as many points in 12 races as Leclerc did in the opening round and at the moment, Leclerc has 4 times as many points as him.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher